• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom BBC: Sherlock (any tags and characters welcome)

"A delicious impasse, my dear."

Jim sat down across from him. Affecting really their usual places when Jim would stalk his way up into 221 B. "I made it all up." Jim sipped his tea, always heavy on the cream. "The set up back there. The chains, the abduction. I lied. It was my affair. I wanted to see how you'd react and respond. I had to try you out. Not the first time I've lied to you, but I rarely do. This was an interesting experiment. It was easier than I believed it would be, to get you here. You could have come here any time, as I come to your home unasked. But you haven't tried, have you. Now, here you are."

Sherlock hums, "and how are you to know I haven't been here. I rarely believe anything until I have all that facts. Do you have all the facts Moriarty, or are you bluffing your hand?"

He crosses his legs at the ankles and looks around, trying to make himself look put together, as disheveled as he was from the weeks affairs. Sherlock hums, "I never was one for cards, it's rather boring really, all the bluffing and betting..not my cup of tea"

Jim smiled over his cup as he sipped again.

"Check - but not checkmate. Not yet. You're right, I am not so sure you haven't been. You'd be immaculately cautious and careful. The nerve gas I mentioned. That wasn't a bluff, except -" He drew out the little vial in his pocket again. And threw it against the wall, where it shattered and a clear fluid ran down. "That's 7 up." Jim laughed softly. "But the vials in other places, oh no, none of that was a lie. You can push me and find out. But that part is true. I have to hold and keep your interest ... somehow." He ran a pink tongue over the edge of the cup.

"I do hope I have it."

Sherlock managed not to flinch at the sound of glass breaking his hums and leans back, "I can assure you that you have it.. but its probably not what you're looking for. My attention isnt quite on your plans, but on you."

"That's even better."

Jim's breath lowered to a sensual purr. "Why don't you elaborate, Sherlock. I assure you .. I am extremely interested in .. your interest." Was he ever.

Sherlock hums, "I'm afraid that, due to...how things have progressed. The mindless work the idiots at the station throw at me has become...rather boring. However, everytime you seem to find something to entertain me with"

"I like to entertain you."

Jim set down the teacup. "You're the first person who ever made me happy to be alive. I do all I do, now, for your entertainment. All the killings and all the game, it's all for you. And what do you give me in return? Why .. your interest, of course. Your interest in me. If this is what it takes to matter to you, then I do it gladly. Whatever it takes. And that's exactly what I do, whatever it takes. Don't you realize yet it's all been for you?"

Sherlock hums, raising a brow softly, "you'll want to be careful Moriarty, if I didnt know better I'd say you were infatuated with me. Now that would be something for the press to sink they're teeth into"

"It's a little more than that."

Full on dead to rights the hell with everything else obsession. Love, squared. Love to the tenth power and then some. When Jim said he did everything for Sherlock, he meant exactly that. "I've been killing to get your attention for a long time. I still am. I wasn't bluffing about the nerve gas being set up around the world. Just to keep you riveted on me and what I might do. Every breath I take. Every smile I fake." He cracked his neck, and regarded the man before him. "This is how I do courtship. Death, pain, terror and violence. All with a psychological twist for added fun. Anyone can kill. I kill for you. How does that make you feel?"

Sherlock hums and thinks for a moment, brushing John's nagging voice from his head, "I suppose one would say, flattered. Though if you wanted to get my attention you could have skipped the kidnapping"

He sat forward, setting his tea aside, "you are an enigma, you're one of the only people who can bother to keep up with me. Its fascinating really."

Jim's eyes softened, just a little. "If I came closer, would you be angry? Or alarmed?"

Sherlock was sociopathic enough that the fact of Jim's murders for him did not seem to bother him in the least. The Psychopath and the Sociopath. "I keep up with you because you've become my life. You weren't always. But you are now. I spend all my time watching you, stalking you, carefully crafting my tease of you. Drawing it out. Our game ...our beautiful game. How many have died for it. How many will yet die?"

"I would be alarmed, wary but not alarmed. This game has gone on so long. And many, many have told me to quit...but isn't that just so boring. There are seven billion people on this earth...but they walk around like zombies...and I'm bored." He sighed, dropping some of his act, his shoulders slouching as he let some of the weight he felt draw him down.

Jim chanced it.

He got up, and moved to where Sherlock sat, kneeling down in front of his chair, and looking up at him. "I'm completely unarmed. I give you my word on that, my actual word. If you chose to, you could kill me, hurt me, beat me, cripple me, have me arrested, chain me up .. if you acted quickly .." He took his phone and set it down. "I can't even contact my people now to release the nerve agent. I'm at your mercy, Sherlock Holmes." His eyes went to the brilliant blue of the great Detective. "I've never done something like this before in my life."

Sherlock's eyes widened as he saw the man in front of him. He had his arch enemy, entirely at his mercy and he felt himself realize he wanted to do anything but hurt him. His mind wandered through the possibilities.

He shook his head and stood, taking the man's hands and hauling him to his feet, "I have never thought of you as anything but my equal. We do this on equal ground, or not at all"

"Sherlock."

Jim looked up into his eyes, a little shocked, but ... it was in truth a good shock.

"I'm a sick man, Sherlock. Extremely sick. We joke about it, you and I. But .." He licked his lips and forced the words out. "You would have done the better thing for the world if you killed me." But he still held onto Sherlock's hands, even as they stood so close, face to face.

Sherlock looks over Moriarty, a tired, yet....content look on his face for once, "and what has the world done for me besides call me a freak?"

Jim arched a brow, and then .. nodded slowly. "There's that, isn't there. So ... what do we do now, hm? I'm still a lethal pyschopath, and you're still holding my hands .. where does this go. Because if you haven't figured out how big a deal this is to me yet, you aren't worth being called Sherlock Holmes. Now we just need to have you say how much it means to you. If you can. If you even know. Because I want to hear it. I spilled all I felt to you. Maybe not in a flowery way, but still."

Sherlock nods, letting out a breath, "I'm not entirely sure what...or how to say what I feel. I haven't... ever done this. The closest I've had to a relationship is listening to John bicker about my experiments ruining the table."
He looks back to Moriarty softly, "for once I've found someone that understands, though maybe not in the way that's normal...but were both far from it."

Jim let himself get a little lost in the blue eyes and the rich voice, before he caught himself and smiled. Reaching up, he tangled his fingers into the soft curls, and pulled Sherlock's head down to reach him.

"I think for normal people, it might go this way. Let's see if it works for us." A soft lipped kiss, so gentle, so not-Moriarty, but there it was, it was real, and it was happening. He did not even realize he was almost on tiptoes.

Sherlock was surprised by the soft hand in his curls, then he was even more surprised by the soft kiss. His eyes fluttered shut as he kissed back, his hands resting on Moriarty's sides. It didnt feel strange, it didnt felt weird to be kissing him. It felt...nice

"Sherlock." Jim's knees felt weak, almost as if they might buckle. It was all flooding in now. Everything he'd kept shut off and locked away so deep inside. Actual love, something he'd been told he was never going to experience as sick as he was. But this was love. It was. "Feels right. Doesn't it, baby. Feels so right. Only you ..." Only you. No one else mattered and in fact no one else even seemed to exist. Only you.. "Sherlock .."

Jim tugged at him. What he wanted him to do he wasn't even sure of, but .. this interaction was so good ..

Sherlock went with the tugs, trying to keep him up as he chuckled, an actual smile gracing his lips as he looked at the frazzled man. Everything seemed to click. This wasnt wrong, this wasnt dangerous. This was fun!

Jim finally pulled back, not out of wanting to, but out of needing to breathe. The kisses had been scorching, and they had literally stolen his breath from him. His dark eyes went to Sherlock's blue sky gaze, and he smiled. His usually immaculate hair was tousled and rough looking. "Maybe ... over to the couch .. we could be more comfortable ..."

Sherlock nods, helping Moriarty to the couch with him, he didnt want to stop, he didny want to let him go. It was so amazing to finally feel like this.

Jim slid onto the couch, letting Sherlock lay on top of him. He was comfortable on his back, Jim might be 100% big bad in charge as far as his criminality and his outward face to the rest of the world, but in matters like this - he strongly preferred this. And this was Sherlock. Sherlock having the upper hand felt good. It shouldn't, God knows when the man had really threatened Jim's business in major ways, Jim had not liked his aggressive approach.

But this .. this was nice. Some getting to know one another, just affection and exploring, nothing too hardcore yet. No, they could take it slow. It wasn't as if there were anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back