• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Battle on Torvaren V! - Warhammer 40k - A Squad's Journey to Complete the Mission!

Calliborc

One Time Luck
Cheesy title aside, I've got a general idea for a plot and wanted to see if there was anyone interested in it!

Plot Pitch: On the mountainous world of Torvaren V, a brutal struggle has been playing out between the forces of the Imperium and the Tau Empire with ground being lost almost as soon as it has been gained, the mountains littered with dead from both sides, summits and plateaus covered with smouldering wreckage. Recently, a new offensive had been launched by the Astra Militarum with the goal of neutralizing a Tau airfield that has been a constant torn in their side, an act that would break the current stalemate, if only it were to succeed.... Alas, the offensive met in disaster as the offensive was torn asunder in a series of ambushes and strikes from the very airfield they had set out to destroy.

Yet, scattered as the offensive may be, a small band of soldiers from the Astra Militarum find their way to one another from their respective units and, whether out of a sense of duty, dreams of glory or fear of punishment, decide to try and complete the objective themselves and set off towards the Tau airfield.... This, is their story.

General Info: That's the gist of it, I figure the story would pick up either with the characters crossing paths after their force gets scattered, or right after the final clash that ends the initial push. Then they'd set off and make their way towards the airfield. Oh! And the world is a largely mountainous one with a few large plateaus and valleys - I'll also mention that this idea was somewhat inspired by the movie 1917.

They wouldn't all need to be from the same regiment, so I don't intend to be strict on that point, but I am thinking that they'd all be from the Imperial Guard. The whole thing could largely be them travelling to their destination and bantering, with the only action being right at the end, or spikes of action along the way. Also, I'm very open to suggestions about any plot beats.

Also, I'm undecided on whether this is part of the Damocles Crusade or just some random battle between the two factions

I'm not looking for a huge group for this, but I'll put a hard cap at 5 people in the roleplay

However, I would like to keep this PG-13, so nothing excessive and just be respectful of the others involved in the roleplay.

That's pretty much all I can think of at the moment, so, if I left anything vauge or you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Disclaimer: I don't know if "airfield" would be the correct term in this case and, to be entirely honest, was just too lazy to look it up.

Last edited:
I’m really interested! I’ve been trying to get into rping warhammer 40k and I’m pretty sure this is the rp for it! I can play a Skittle and a Korpsman!
Edit: I just saw the part where it says Imperial Guard only, sorry- But I'm still down to do this!

Last edited:
Alrighty, I'll put three down as interested and start working on getting the thread for the characters up in a day or two! If that's good for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back