• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Battle Academy

Finally. he thought. He wasn't exactly very excited, just happy that they were finally there and they were no longer on a ship. Maybe there were dorms. Maybe he'd get one for only himself. There were many 'Maybes' he had thought while looking at the Academy.

For Aaron, if he got a dorm to himself, he'd basically win the lottery. I mean, he didn't mind interacting with people, but would much rather be alone. I mean, who'd be excited to have a dorm with Aaron?

Tests. Exams. Classes. He was not very fond of those things, but he did pretty good in tests. Classes. Now that's what he was thinking about.

What kind of classes? They have to be special. If they're just the usual English, Math, Physical Education... he calmed down a bit. He wondered. It probably had to do with their powers and mastering them of course, because now that he thought about it, how would they kill a Phantom with Math? I mean, it was pretty deadly mentally, but not physically. He had many thoughts.

He got his suitcase and bag and headed towards his new life.

Last edited:

Monsieur Mim

"Haha! Non! A surnom is.." she thought for a bit to recall the name in English then flung her finger in the air, having an lightbulb moment, "It is a nickname! I love these.. nicknames.." Her happy facial expression kind of died when Clair requested not to be labeled as mademoiselle and to be called simply Clair. "Tis a shame to not shorten your name further. I do love surnoms.." she nearly whispered that last sentence she said. Her, apparent, new blonde friend then inquired about her abilities. Mim was so happy she asked, she felt she was going to explode, but before she could utter a word a gentleman asked about the weather. Mademoiselle Clair started laughing and Jax followed suit. She wore a rather puzzled expression among their odd group of laughter. Nonetheless, she enjoyed the commotion despite her confusion. She stood strong for her new friend Clair as she clung to her shoulder for stability. Mim barely noticed Tyler shifting away to talk to another.

A faint drizzle of fog trinkled among them. Within moments, they were surrounded by the thick mist. "Well, to me, monsieur. It seems a bit misty, non?" she answered the younger man Azul. Alas, the mist separated and exposed a great light. She covered her emerald eyes for a moment and upon looking again there was an island! "Wow!" she nearly jumped in excitement. "Oh, and Clair, this is my power," she held her hand then *poof* she was a handsome man now. Although Miriam was a man, his hair was still purple and eyes green like emeralds. Mim kissed Clair's hand flirtatiously. "After you, Clair," his voice was masculine and was awfully playful. In addition to his transformation, his clothes was now a white v-neck shirt with pink shorts.

With: Clair, Jax and Azul

Hatate had arrived on the ship way before the other students had even boarded the boat. She wore black sunglasses as she basically sat on the bench in a kimono, glancing over the other students that were just chatting amongst themselves. People knew not to mess with her and avoided her entirely, the redhead didn't mind it too much as she was used to it. All of the people here were to be her competition, she had no need to socialize unless she were to need allies. However I will need some allies if I am to repent for my actions.... She thought, taking off her glasses to look around.

While looking around the deck of the ship, Hatate spotted other people who she locked eyes with. Rather most of the students had already started to walk off the ship when she started looking around. They recognized her almost instantly, sprinting down the dock in a flash. Along the way those poor students yelled, "Run, It's the Twin Dragon! She'll kill us all!" That is a new one, guess people think I killed someone just because I robbed China. Hatate chuckled at their accusations the started to gather her things, making her way off the ship."Alright, let's get this party rocking!" She walked down the dock, hoping to find some sort of ally that can help her in the future.

%C0%CC%B9%D9%B6%F3%C5%B0_%C4%AB%BC%BE.jpg

Time:
7:45

Interaction:
N/A

Tagging:

N/A

H
A
T
A
T
E

images+(23).jpg
Rojelio Hernandez began to activate his sensors once the ship had come to a full stop. All the excitement he exerted lowered his power levels so he shut shut off to conserve energy. He noticed so many beings aboard were now exiting towards the dock, waited until his systems were ready, he grabbed his heavy luggage and small bag, not heavy for him due to the heavy hydraulic systems within his joints, which consisted of his tools, extra technological products, clothes, books and small experimental products and headed towards the docks as well. I cannot wait to begin a new chapter of my own, he thought to himself. He began to get distracted by thinking of the possibilities that might occur within the Battle Academy; meeting new people, learning new things, and creating new projects. Just then, he snapped out of his thoughts from accidentally bumping into a man a bit taller ( AkioTheHero AkioTheHero )who might also have been in a hurry and dropped his bags. "Oh no, I'm terribly sorry," he apologized, "I was not paying attention to my surroundings as I was lost in thought." Ironic, since I don't even contain an imagination function, he thought to himself picking up his things hoping he wouldn't forget anything. Rojelio broke the silence, "Well, hopefully our paths may cross again at the academy." He fixed his grip on his baggage and headed down to the docks with everyone else as they waited to be guided by the assistants down below.

Once there, Rojelio waited with a soft smile on his face looking at the new area he would now reside. "Amazing," he whispered to himself. The trees, the grass, the buildings, everything was very different from the town he was created in. He pushed his long, fake hair behind him and turned against the wind, but was unable to feel it since he has no sense reactors. There are good times and bad times to react to your senses, he thought to himself. I guess it isn't a total loss as I cannot feel pain. Soon, the assistants accounted for everyone's readiness as they began to head towards the main building.

Azul Naximus
The white haired girl hysterically laughed at him, followed by the fox character and the confused purple haired girl. They didn't seem to know who Aquarius actually was. Sure, maybe the outfit looked funny or they weren't listening to the news. I don't know if this is a bad thing or a good thing... Aquarius thought. On the inside, Azul was embarrassed but knew this would happen. In his early days, people laughed at Aquarius before they saw what he was capable of. He was respected by citizens but hated by media. The two kids laughing boiled Aquarius, metaphorically of course.

The purple haired did respond to his question. There was fog. A thick one at that. It soon revealed the ship's destination: Battle Academy. Azul thought it looked awesome and something you would see in some kind of anime. He observed how cool it was! Lots of buildings and plenty of environments to explore. Azul even thought about how he would debut and live in the academy. But, Aquarius cleared his mind and focused on His objective: the teens who might've been living under a rock. He interrupted the group loudly,
"Okay, I seem to notice that you don't know who I am. I'm the so-called "Menace" Aquarius." He glared at them seriously and manipulated the ocean water to form into a gauntlet on his right hand. He then froze into cold ice for extra measure.

"Hated by the media," he continued. "Respected by citizens." The ship would soon stop and everyone would leave. Azul noticed he needed to change back and get his belongings. Aquarius held a cocky smirk and focused on them. Aquarius warned, "Keep in mind, our planet is mostly water." He hoped or at least Azul hoped that they'll stop laughing at him. If not, he wouldn't know how to react. He may have to go with the flow. Aquarius did want to hide his true identity from these folks.

Mentioned: SachiGrl SachiGrl Uasal Uasal Raku Raku

Last edited:
Tyler Christopher Mayers

From what he could tell, it appeared that the girl wouldn't say much of anything to him. Apart from the fact that it may be from the scarf that covered her head and wrapped around her face and mouth, making it probably hard for her to even speak clearly due to it muffling the noise probably. But even then, she could probably speak still despite it being there. Her being some mute girl was totally off the table, as he's very sure that he'd heard her speak before this and was very sure that he heard something like a 'yelp' coming from her when he first spoke to her.

Other than those reasons, he guessed that she was just a bit shy and not all that accustomed to interacting with other people. Or maybe it was just talking with the opposite gender that she had trouble with, which now that he thought about it was a very ludicrous idea to have. It was most likely that she was just shy in general and probably had not that much experience with talking to other people. In the very short moment where they shared eye contact however, he took the liberty of taking a close look at her eyes. And not to his surprise, her eyes were also colored in an unnatural way and having the same colors as her hair.

Now though, he was thinking of what he should say to her now. This was a bit of a situation he's never really been in as the people he had met in his life weren't nearly like what he presumed to be the shyness of the girl here. Though in all honesty from the deepest part of his mind, he thought she was more cute when doing this shy thing of hers. But that aside, thinking of something to talk about here was a bit hard to do. He had no idea whether or not the girl would respond to questions through just simple motions with meanings or would speak.

So ultimately he decided to say something that would probably be normal and couldn't be responded with simple gestures as to bring her to actually say something. A simple introduction of sorts would probably do the trick. "Ah, I forgot to introduce myself. Well, uh... my name is Tyler Christopher Mayers though you can just call Ty or Tyler like everybody else does. Whichever you think fits," the British lad took a pause before continuing, "And if we aren't bothering ya, then why have you wrapped your head around that scarf of yours? Are ya shy or somethin', love?" He asked whilst he sat himself down onto the ground next to her, putting his luggage at his side.

Just then however, a thick fog had come and obscured his vision. It obscured his vision so much that it reminded him of what it felt like to look at things without the use of his glasses, just a bit more worse as he can't see anything. People, things, nothing. But just as the fog lifts and vision is back to normal, Tyler's eyes were greeted by a sight that he would've never thought he'd ever see in his entire life. He could see it despite sitting down, as it is an island. "My oh my, won't ya take a look that right there? It's a beauty, ain't it? I've never seen such a beautiful sight in my entire life." This is Battle Academy. And boy, Tyler had never grown even more excited than this now that he's seen the place. It's an entire island for god's sake.

Mena Mena

Botch, unnecessarily, flinched at the sudden contact made with Rojelio, immediately twisting to face him. Botch's expression signified shock, however, rather than anger. He made no apparently attempt to mask the fact that he hadn't made proper human contact in ages, and something so simple as to be suddenly bumped into made him more than just mildly uncomfortable. From his look of shook, Botch eased in on an awkward, apologetic disposition, forcing an apologetic smile. "Please, I hope you'll excuse me." His speech was forced, showing signs of much deliberation. He hastily helped Rojelio get his stuff from the floor and was en route for the dock yet again.

SinisterFreak SinisterFreak

[

253154.jpg

Clair O'Reilly (Cu Chulainn)

As Clair laughed the boat seemed to become engulfed in a fog of some sort. Were it not for the fact that Clair was otherwise preoccupied with laughing she may have become somewhat concerned. However when the fog came to pass Clair went from hysterically laughing to gazing awestruck at the sight before her. Moving quickly to a stand Clair turned to face the railing, leaning over said railing to get a better view at the monstrous campus.

In fact Clair would have likely gazed on had Mim's voice not brought her back to earth. Let alone the fact that she had seemingly taken a hold of her hand. But if this wasn't enough to get a hold of Clair's attention, Mim's sudden change of appearance most certainly did. The purple haired , perfectly manicured woman now stood before her as a handsome man. Although he retained both her hair and eye color it was quite a surprise. What came as even more of a shock was the fact that s/he kissed her hand. With a noticeable blush starting to bloom upon Clair's face she almost instantly pulled her hand away with speed stating "What exactly do you think your doing! You can't just pull something like that without a warning.....Mim.... do I still call you Mim?"

With that said the guard from earlier interrupted the group, handing Clair what seemed to be a Beretta 92f and around 30 rounds of ammunition "Here you go 'Captain', and I use the title loosely. Your Beretta , and thirty rubber rounds. The rest of your firearms will be returned after inspection and clearance. Don't go wasting the rounds yeh..."
Clair took her gun happily, loading it and cocking it in quick succession before giving the guard a response "Come on, I know it's a school and all but do you really have to give me these rubber pieces of sh!t ?"
As the guard walked away from the group he raised his hand and sighed " Shut it, If we gave you live rounds you'd shoot your way out of math class! Now get lost!"

With a firearm in her possession Clair felt a lot more at ease, and it was more than evident as her posture eased up quite a bit and her voice seemed to be more 'happy'. Holstering her weapon Clair turned back to Mim gesturing for her/him to go on ahead of her. Yet before herself or Mim could proceed , or anyone else within the group, could make there way off the ship... well,Captain Spandex attempted to spark up yet another conversation. And as expected Clair began to break down into yet another fit of laughter.

To be honest she did find his powers to be quite cool, but it was he himself she found hysterical "haha Mim, Mim please help, aghh my ribs... this is too good! Jax, Jax record it, we'll be millionaires !". With all her laughing Clair fell to her knees and gripped her sides firmly in an attempt to ease the pain in her ribs.
NextGenRolePlayer NextGenRolePlayer SachiGrl SachiGrl Raku Raku

The way the man introduced himself did catch Jaxson somewhat off guard. He tried to assumably intimidate them by creating a gauntlet of water and then freezing it to make some form of armor. Cool power, but if he was trying to intimidate them it wasn't working. After "Aquarius" had finished talking, giving them a warning about how the Earth is mostly covered by water, Clair had gone off again. She joking insisted that Jax record what was going on. She definitely seemed to be enjoying this, she even collapsed due to the laughing. Interesting ground in-fucking-deed he thought. Jaxson thought he might as well try to seem mature and apologize. "Well sorry Aquarius, I don't pay attention to the media. Most of the time it's asinine bull" he said. He then got off the railing he was leaning on and approached Aquarius slowly. Jaxson held out his hand. "Also, nice to meet ya. I hope our future meetings go a little better" he continued in a calm and slightly friendly tone with a small sharp-toothed grin.

The boy definitely wasn't well. Elias could tell that without hearing those exact words. The way the kid talked, so weak and the tone he spoke in made it sound like the first time he's talked today. "Yeah, I know how that feels. Well, we're at the academy. Surely you can get something to eat here. Come on, I'll help you there" he said as he extended a scaled and clawed hand out to help the kid up. Hell, they seemed small enough that Elias could probably carry them there. He hoped he wouldn't have to, but it's happened before.

Agent Agent

Last edited:
Azul Naximus
Clearly, Azul's stunt only managed to embarrass himself. The white haired chick, with a gun now, still laughed at him. Azul contemplated on the situation he was in. He knew he chose the wrong kids to show Aquarius to. Aquarius was nothing more than a joke to them. It frustrated him a bit. He attempted to joke himself in his mind, Surely, Aquaman and Spider-Man has faced this kind of embarrassment in there lives! However, breaking his thoughts, the fox seem to be mature now. Telling the vigilante how he doesn't watch the media and how its a bunch of bull. The fox went for a handshake, waiting for Aquarius. He melted his ice gauntlet off his right hand and went for the handshake. "I agree, though you could watch some videos that people have on me on the internet," advised Aquarius. "I doubt you'll see some nonsense from there."

The vigilante finished off his handshake and told the teens, "I suppose you kids need to go to school. Have fun!" Aquarius left and journeyed off to the bathroom. He was thinking how much he was embarrassed and how the plan didn't work. His face was bright red. He made it to the bathroom and unfroze the stall that his stuff was in. Azul changed back into a normal boy. With his lightning bolt turquoise shirt and black jeans, he grabbed his bag and luggage to go to the academy. He zoomed past everyone off the ship and admired the beauty of the academy.

So far, I made only one friend on that ship, the boy thought as he looked back at the ship. Maybe I could friends with the group from earlier... He continued to walk off, playing with his brown hair. He wished that there was someone in the academy knew that Aquarius wasn't a laughing stock. Maybe the staff knew who his parents was and thought of recruiting Azul. Eh, who knows. Azul just wanted to brush off his embarrassing incident. Good thing those teenagers don't know his true identity. If they did, Azul would be haunted by their laughter.

Mentioned: Uasal Uasal Raku Raku

Monsieur Mim

Her blushing caused him to grow a cocky grin on his lips. Mim then let out a hearty laugh before answering Clair's question, "Yes, you can call me Mim." He could understand a hesitation for calling him Miriam, but he felt Mim was neutral enough to represent all his shapes. A gentleman dressed as a guard handed Clair a weapon of some sort. Mim never personally saw one up close before. As he watched her handle her gun, he thought that perhaps she had an ability relating to the weapon. Maybe she had supreme accuracy; it sounded like a perfect skill for the Battle Academy. Mim, on the other hand, only had two or three forms that can potentially be considered 'battle' worthy. He has never used his forms to cause anyone harm. Though he did use it to scare his sister a few times.

Azul, the so-called Menace Aquarius, almost seemed like he was trying to be a threat. Jax, at least, apologized and attempted to befriend him, but Mim wasn't too fond of the character anymore. Clair, on the contrary, hunched over, nearly dying of laughter. His eyes were wide as she called for his 'help'. Unsure really of what to do, he merely lifted the girl and walked away from Azul. He needed not to say another word to him. In his opinion, Azul came off as rude. With an arched brow, he scoffed and walked away with the laughing woman in his hands.

With: Clair, Jax and Azul

images+(23).jpg
Rojelio set his luggage down and began to scan everything within his visual range. He made note of the being he bumped into earlier in case he made contact again. Highly unlikely, he thought to himself. The man seemed very... unconformable with human confrontation. Well, I am not a human, but my skin suit is very convincing. Rojelio chuckled slightly as he made note of his surroundings as to not get lost if it comes to that situation. Looking around he noticed others talking and laughing with each other. The thought of friendships made him a little weary as he did not calculate the feelings anyone would express towards him, especially if he interrupted already made conversations. Calculations and statistics were all he was able to do when it came to new surroundings. The only people he ever made contact with were the friends of his parents and they didn't acknowledge him as a human being. Merely as an experimental subject or just a walking object with no feelings, but it did give Rojelio practice with human strangers' expression and emotions. His visual scan ended up on the man he bumped into earlier. The man was by himself as if he was trying to stray away from the crowd not wanting to get near. They are not infected, he laughed in thought. Maybe he is an android as well? Rojelio switched to his thermal scanner only to find out he did have a heat signature of the average human, but something was a bit off. He shrugged and decided not to judge but continued to run an estimated percentage to see if he would be cable of friendship. It wouldn't hurt to see, he thought to himself. The scan only took a few seconds as he continued to stare at the man and thought to himself again, Only five percent? Higher than what I was expecting, but then again, it is impossible to accurately estimate anything humans do.

AkioTheHero AkioTheHero

The paranoia that came with him living on his own and having to defend himself from unsavory types oft proved itself a potent utility. He was far from unaware of the being he had just made contact with burning holes in the back of his head with his eyes, but he assumed that, for now, he was wholly harmless. Though, he decided, if push came to shove he could've easily employed the use of Flagellation in a proclaimed act of self-defense.

As Botch attempted to step further, the knowledge he was being stared at proved to be quite unbearable. Perhaps he's just curious. I suppose in a place like this, my appearance may make me a bit conspicuous. Electing to merely get it over with, he cocked his head to greet the odd being quite a second time, again with a forced, awkward smile that, though clearly deliberated, didn't quite seem insincere. "I hope you won't mind me asking, but, hm... I hope you and I could walk together?"

"Hope" seemed to be a word he used a bit too much. Definitely more than an average person.

He wasn't entirely against the idea of befriending his peers, but at the moment, that wasn't his intention -- he had no idea who this person as or what they wanted. He decided if they had something they wanted to say or ask, they'd do so while they walked together.

images+(23).jpg
The man turned and Rojelio quickly turned his head trying to act inconspicuous. I hope I didn't make anything awkward, he thought to himself and turned to see the man approach him. The man showed signs of uneasiness, as if on guard, along with his forced smile. "I do not mind," Rojelio spoke as he changed his visual scanners to normal vision. "My name is Rojelio Hernandez, or Red if you will, it's... shorter? I suppose?." He extended his arm as a gesture of a casual handshake. The man started to make Rojelio a little uneasy as well. Is he a spy set to destroy the academy? He thought to himself. Shaking the thought he looked around at everyone else trying to make the situation a little lighter. "I assure you," he broke the silence, "I am in no means to cause any harm. I received a letter as well and I was only scanning you to make note of you character." Rojelio jumped at what he had said. "Not in a harmful way, just that I would not forget in case you approached me again and I would have the memory, and your person, in my storage."

The conversation between the two put Rojelio in an awkward state as he had not had this type of conversation with a human before. It was so different to him as it didn't start off with questions of his mechanics or dissection of his frame to see how he functions. Obviously you do not do that with humans unless there are serious injuries, he thought to himself. "If you do not mind me asking," he started again, "what are you special abilities that caused you to be invited?"

After minutes of what seemed to be walking, guided by the assistants of the school, you are then welcomed by the sight of the main academy itself.

full

It looks like your typical high school, but I tell you, this is much different than the others. By the way, the school itself is surrounded by a large steel wall as means of protection from threats. In the front-yards of the school, there is a fountain within the center, and on the left side, is a statue of what appears to be a younger version of the president himself, holding the scabbard of a sword which is stuck to a rock while holding up his smartphone as he takes a selfie. Anyways, you are then guided to go inside the main building, and you did.

full

Modern, classy, anything you can explain about the beautifully crafted halls. You are then guided to head for the gymnasium somewhere down the hall. After sometime, you made it inside the said place.

full

It is quite large for a gymnasium like this to fit inside the main building, but who cares about that. A stage has already been setup, as well as numerous rows of chairs. You are then guided to be seated. Go ahead, which one of you would like to sit first?

253154.jpg

Clair O'Reilly (Cu Chulainn)

Clair's laughter abruptly came to an end when Mim decided to pick her up. With Clair's pale skin tone and a blush, far stronger than before, stretching across her face it was quite obvious Clair was once again taken off guard by Mim's actions. So much so that she didn't notice aquaman rush off, nor did she realize Mim had brought her all the way off the ship and onto the dock. That was until Mim let her down again.

After taking a few seconds of silence to recompose herself, Clair turned back to focus on Mim and coughed somewhat awkwardly before saying "Mim, could you swap back to....yourself ? Your current appearance and behavior is somewhat distracting me and I can't have that." With yet another blush starting to spread across Clair's face she turned away from Mim and continued in a more serious tone "Look Mim, had it of been anyone else who'd have done that. Well I'd have put a hole in there head, Comprenez vous ?".

It may have seemed as though what Clair was saying was a joke however one glace at her face would have easily made it clear that she was more than serious. With that said and done Clair moved to follow Mim, taking in every sight she could before she was eventually seated along side Mim "Hey ,This may be a stupid question. but is this normal for a school ? I mean it can't be right"
SachiGrl SachiGrl

"Botch Blythe. Or, Bo." Was his succinct response to Rojelio introducing himself, clearly not taking offense at Rojelio having "scanned" him. He understand fine how high suspicions could run in a place where there was always the off chance of every other person you greet having the means or motivation to wipe you off the face of the planet. He surely wouldn't have wanted to approach the wrong person in the wrong way -- that is, if he weren't to take into account the unbelievably useful nature of his Curse.

When asked about his special abilities, Botch was, for a moment, taken aback by Rojelio's inquiry. He couldn't believe he hadn't expected to be asked that, considering he was going to a prestigious school for the supernaturally gifted. His face flushed in apparent despair. He had no lie he could tell to get himself through any such question. And the absolute truth was also an unacceptable truth. He is completely and utterly unprepared.

------------------
You deserve this kind of grief, you selfish monster!!!
------------------

Fortunately, Botch and Rojelio were promptly interrupted by the guides announcing their arrival at the school and he felt the color immediately return to him. Taking advantage of the situation while they provided a tour of the facilities -- as if they didn't have enough time to talk -- he, tersely, answered "I'm a Curse-type. And you..?"

Botch would, inevitably, find himself seating adjacent to Rojelio as the two conversed.

N
E
M
U
cbf383cdd23361b582a325ea672695a313f1d88df8a9147729e2f9cdc32413a7_6.jpg

Time:
7:45 AM

Interaction:
"With a strange person."

Tagging:
Roxasarass Roxasarass
Nemu continued to stare at Tyler briefly before coughing and clearing her throat. It's not polite not to introduce yourself to those that went out of their way to be friendly. She thought to herself, mentally scolding herself for her foolishness. Bashfully, the girl mumbled in Japanese, "Let's just get this over with." Switching back to English, she gave one more glace towards the male before saying, "Nemu....Nemu Sakura." However just because she introduced herself to the male, didn't mean that he was anywhere near to getting into her head. This was just a formal thing, then she would go back into seclusion and not speak a word for the next 4 years.

Nemu rose from where she was sitting, seeing as others had stopped chatting to look ahead of the boat. She was partly curious to see what exactly was the big deal in front of them. Fog instantly clouded her vision, her body tensed as the fog started to clear in front. Soon the ice cream girl had come face to face with the Island she would be living on for 4 years....it was strange. She didn't know what words could describe the scene in front of her, prettiness? Beautiful? No, it was flawless sight to behold. Nemu nodded slowly with Tyler, taking off her scarf and tossing it into her bag.

She then waved before walking away from him once the boat landed at the Island. Walking off the boat had been an experience, her mind was in shambles from all the crowded people walking in the same direction. Periodically Nemu has to stop walking to catch her breathe and walked back into the crowd. Hopefully I don't run into anyone strange.... She thought, holding her head as she walked slow.

images+(23).jpg
As they arrived at the school, Rojelio was in awe yet again at the new sights they began to pass. The school was enormous and Rojelio couldn't help but smile at the thought of new things to learn. "A curse type?" He questioned. "That is very intriguing. I am a release type, if you hadn't guessed already." As they walked through the halls and into the gymnasium, Rojelio lifted his free hand to give a small show of shifting his hand into different forms from a spike, to a hammer, to a claw, and so on. "My arms are compiled of nanomorphic particles that I can control into changing its form. My parents figured it was necessary if I was ever in a dire situation." The two sat down waiting for the assembly to begin as Rojelio couldn't help but look around with a soft smile still on his face. "This very exciting, is it not?" He asked Botch. Rojelio turned to see Botch's expression. Rojelio reminded himself that everyone was made different and couldn't expect everyone to feel the same emotions he feels. This is what Rojelio was very excited about. The fact that everything wasn't as he thought; how things can change without notice and things he couldn't yet understand even if he used his intellect to scan radio waves to help him connect to the internet to search for answers. Rojelio had to be at the source to understand, to know, the answers he would like to know. "Pardon my intrusion," he started again, "but where did you reside before boarding the ship leading here?"

AkioTheHero AkioTheHero

Last edited:
Botch certainly didn't make a show of observing Rojelio's nanomorphic hand, but he was certainly intrigued. After all, this what he lived twice for: the chance to be able to live among the extraordinary people he had admired for 2 lives of 18 years. Certainly years fending for himself made him present himself in this setting as just a bit more down-to-earth than he previously would have -- or perhaps he's just grown distant and detached -- but he's by no means disinterested. This play is a testament to the future hope of mankind. And his hope of staying alive.

------------------------
You know you don't deserve to be here. Just turn around. Leave. Run. You didn't earn any of this!!!
------------------------
Botch gave Rojelio a bit of a sideways glance when he asked where he lived prior to coming to Battle Academy. As an answer, he patted the camping supplies he had been carting with him. Observing Rojelio's expression, he further explained. "I traveled a lot. I didn't really have anywhere to stay. And you?"

Aaron was surprised by the simplicity of the school. He thought perhaps it'd be more advanced in a way, not what normal schools would look like. He knew that that was just the school, but still. He expected perhaps a bit more?

While being lead to the gym, he had accidentally bumped into someone. Aaron looked down and saw a girl with pink and short hair. "Oh." said Aaron, blankly. For a moment, he said nothing, just staring at the girl. He wasn't very comfortable with talking to girls, being more comfortable with guys. "I-I'll just get going... uh, bye."

Mena Mena

images+(23).jpg
"I came from Supremopolis," Rojelio replied. "My parents were scientists there along with others. It's very nice place to live, especially since I was given access to the same technology the scientists used." Rojelio shifted his hand back to it's natural shape. In his head, he began to compile a small map for the school of the halls and rooms they passed. How exciting, he thought to himself. "Traveling all alone?" He questioned. "Have you been across the seas; to other countries?" Rojelio was very interested in where Botch had been. Upton was the farthest Rojelio has ever been. He's only seen pictures of other countries and cities and he was still unable to picture what it would be like to visit other places. Maybe I should think about installing an imagination feature, he thought, or wait, does a function like that actually exist? Rojelio looked at Botch and assumed he'd be disinterested in all of these questions. The excitement overwhelms him at times and he just wants to learn anything new that he doesn't know. He decided to keep things sweet and simple and make sure to contain his excitement and not get overwhelmed with his curiosity. It killed the cat, after all, he chuckled in thought and out of thought. Hoping Botch didn't notice, he quickly faked a slight cough. Which would be impossible since he has no respiratory system.

"Yes, alone, and, no, I've never crossed any oceans. Its hard to earn enough to take a boat travelling all the time at my age. Once upon a time, though, I lived in Modernville." Though his demeanor read as a bit disinterested, his speech read as more tired or exhausted than anything, lacking energy rather than proper inflection. But he showed great signs of deliberation in his speech. He clearly doesn't talk a lot, even though he clearly has no problem doing so, even if it seems like he's willfully keeping the conversation superficial.

"What are you thoughts on Battle Academy?"

images+(23).jpg
Rojelio listened to Botch's reply. "Even so," he started, "the thought of traveling for so long is still very exciting." Rojelio ended up looking forward and doing small research within his head. What wonderful places, he thought. He continued to look forward while answering Botch's question. "This school is very large," he answered, "and so far, my calculations show a great increase in conversation between us, mainly because you're the first being I've actually had a genuine conversation with, and others we might encounter through classes we will be attending. Statistically speaking, the classes will become more difficult as time passes, but the staff will continue to be helpful, but I think that's just common knowledge of schools. I've laid out a small map of the section I was able to get with my sensors and the foliage is amazing. Everything here seems very simple, well except for the students and staff; I am not capable of predicting the future, but taking Supremopolis into account, it's far more simple. Overall, I feel this school will be a wondrous experience for us all." Rojelio kept doing research, but not on the school. He was searching for pictures and videos of other places in America and other countries, trying to see what it was like; good or bad. "I understand my answer was very long," he continued, "but I assure you that was the summary of what I was going to give." He giggled softly. To Rojelio, Botch seemed uninterested, but that fact that he hasn't walked away yet gave him hope. Hope that he'd actually make a friend right before the academy even started. Rojelio hasn't lived much of a life his own and tried to keep the conversation focused more on Botch. Although, Botch didn't speak much, it was still find to know someone before classes. "What about your thoughts on the Academy, if you don't mind me asking?" He asked nervously.

AkioTheHero AkioTheHero

Botch turned pensive. For a moment, he thought -- silent. But it was only just a moment. Botch has lived long enough to understand what this school means to him even before he was ever able to attend it. "Its hopeful. But... hope isn't objective. Different people derive hope from different things. But in the end, I think for most, this academy can somehow bring anyone closer to what it is they strive for -- what brings them hope, and reason to live."

A seemingly try-hard quote, indeed, but not uninspired. In some way, he was sure, that whether he lived through his semester at Battle Academy, even the Genie who gave him his Curse would feel some hope in knowing that his life now belonged to them, and they'd be one step closer to whatever goal it is they pay other peoples' lives for. For Botch, Battle Academy's classes aren't his journey but his destination. He wasn't sure how, and he wanted to find out, but he had somehow earned his place his -- a home with luxuries and comforts he could now call his own because he wasn't just born predestined to be here. For others, it was the hope that their civilization will be safe from the Phantoms' follow-up invasion. "Yet it would not exist without the despair humans felt when their lives were at one point forfeit to the Phantoms -- there'd be no purpose. In a way, we can say that we owe it to the Phantoms for giving us this symbol of hope."

This is probably the most he's ever talked in 2 whole lives. Merely a strong example of his strong taoist stance. Ashamed at having babbled on about "hope" and "despair", Botch went slightly red at the face and diverted his gaze. It was a transient sign of vulnerability, however. Botch reclaimed his composure soon enough.

However, now that he thought about it, he couldn't help but wonder -- what is so important to that Genie that they'd be willing to grant any dangerous wish for any mildly upset child and steal the power of the Phantoms. Surely, for someone who can master such a spell, power isn't something they exactly lack? Or perhaps they just lusted for more? No, that's impossible. To harness the power -- the "soul" -- the "remnants" -- of Phantoms, there surely had to be some special purpose to it; some utilization of an energy only the Phantoms could provide.

He was now prepared. Before, he tried to decide being an impossible lie and an unacceptable, absolute truth. He just told himself, though, that the truth isn't always perceived as its whole. One can know the "what" without the "why", or the "how". He supposed that having shown him what makes him unique, Rojelio deserved to know his in return. Botch extracted from his back what appeared to be a simple, leather whip. "It's called 'Flagellation.' Its a whip with special abilities explicitly tied to my Curse. Freely, I can manipulate the qualitative, quantitative properties of Flagellation's 'tail.' The whip cracks as quickly as I can think, is as strong as my will, I suppose I can say."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back