• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Batman: Year Zero

Hey im interested in getting involved in this - What are your thoughts on a young-ish (early 20's) Joker before the acid dump. I would like to explore an alternate origin story where he is basically a criminal pawn (perhaps under Falcone) who slowly loses his grip on reality and quickly gets drawn to chaos.

Hey im interested in getting involved in this - What are your thoughts on a young-ish (early 20's) Joker before the acid dump. I would like to explore an alternate origin story where he is basically a criminal pawn (perhaps under Falcone) who slowly loses his grip on reality and quickly gets drawn to chaos.

Absolutely, yes! :) You've seen how I've altered Penguin - you can do the same With the Joker, without a problem. You could, perhaps, work for Penguin, initially? He's a Mobster character... sort of... and there would be no need for an extra character (unless you're Willing to do Falcone yourself?); but, whatever Please you, really. The first story arc could
Follow his criminal Career and could End With the Genesis incident? And then he could be the Marin villain in the second arc? We' have enough time to create one and Bruce would have become Batman by then...

It appears we are getting quite a bit of characters...

When do we begin?

I'll be posting the thing later today, as it seems. We have everything, basically, Except Bruce Wayne. We could, though, start wothout him, depending on whether someone is willing to take him or we'll have to Wait. I guess we could start tomorrow or, perhaps the day after?

I'll be posting the thing later today, as it seems. We have everything, basically, Except Bruce Wayne. We could, though, start wothout him, depending on whether someone is willing to take him or we'll have to Wait. I guess we could start tomorrow or, perhaps the day after?
I already have a CS for Bruce Wayne from one of my past RPs, although I'd prefer to refrain from playing Batman this time. I will do it if you want me to, but even IF I was to roleplay someone from the Bat Family, I'd rather take one of the Robins. Hell, I'd rather have Batman teach Nightclaw to be a nicer person and then train him. His suit already fits...

Actually, remind me of that idea later. It doesn't sound half-bad, but it all depends on the Batman in question.

I already have a CS for Bruce Wayne from one of my past RPs, although I'd prefer to refrain from playing Batman this time. I will do it if you want me to, but even IF I was to roleplay someone from the Bat Family, I'd rather take one of the Robins. Hell, I'd rather have Batman teach Nightclaw to be a nicer person and then train him. His suit already fits...

Actually, remind me of that idea later. It doesn't sound half-bad, but it all depends on the Batman in question.

I do hope someone will take the character, but good to know I can Count on you as a last resort :)

Greetings!

I've read through all of the information you've posted and find this roleplaying to be nothing short of intriguing. The setting of this roleplay being based on the origins of all of our characters is brilliant, and creating a saga of future stories based on the trials they face now would be simply amazing. Now, I haven't delved into the DC universe via the comic book franchise, but I am well versed enough through a few of the Arkham games, as well as the Nolan universe. I'll also probably research more into the aforementioned universes that inspired this roleplay.

The character that I wish to play is Ra's al Ghul based on the movie Batman Begins. His organization would be the League of Shadows, destined to cleanse Gotham of its overflowing corruption. Now, since this is based on the origins of all of our characters, Ra's al Ghul wouldn't be in his prime nor would his organization. The trials of he'd have to face would first be based on infiltrating other criminal organizations and formulating a plan to not only cause infighting among them, but also cause the local government of Gotham to collapse unto itself by economic means. Naturally Ra's would be a common enemy of someone such as Oswald and the local police force; who knows, maybe he can convince a vigilante or two to join his cause? ^o^

Now I'm debating on whether or not I should implement the Lazarus Pit within his backstory since I don't want him to be too powerful compared to other characters. Also, I'm happy to play Bruce Wayne/Batman if there's no one that'll take his role. I'd probably base his character off of Batman Begins as well, but I'll discuss that more if I'm needed for his role.

Hey! Just saw this and I'd be very interested to join in. In case the role is still open I would love to join as Harley Quinn or maybe an alternative form of her former self Harleen Quinzel to make it fit to this Joker (:

Greetings!

I've read through all of the information you've posted and find this roleplaying to be nothing short of intriguing. The setting of this roleplay being based on the origins of all of our characters is brilliant, and creating a saga of future stories based on the trials they face now would be simply amazing. Now, I haven't delved into the DC universe via the comic book franchise, but I am well versed enough through a few of the Arkham games, as well as the Nolan universe. I'll also probably research more into the aforementioned universes that inspired this roleplay.

The character that I wish to play is Ra's al Ghul based on the movie Batman Begins. His organization would be the League of Shadows, destined to cleanse Gotham of its overflowing corruption. Now, since this is based on the origins of all of our characters, Ra's al Ghul wouldn't be in his prime nor would his organization. The trials of he'd have to face would first be based on infiltrating other criminal organizations and formulating a plan to not only cause infighting among them, but also cause the local government of Gotham to collapse unto itself by economic means. Naturally Ra's would be a common enemy of someone such as Oswald and the local police force; who knows, maybe he can convince a vigilante or two to join his cause? ^o^

Now I'm debating on whether or not I should implement the Lazarus Pit within his backstory since I don't want him to be too powerful compared to other characters. Also, I'm happy to play Bruce Wayne/Batman if there's no one that'll take his role. I'd probably base his character off of Batman Begins as well, but I'll discuss that more if I'm needed for his role.

I must say... one of the best pre-app posts I've seen in my career and I've been RP-ing for more than 10 years :D I absolutely love the concept and I'm glad you're willing to take up the BW role :) Of course, you're accepted :)

Hey! Just saw this and I'd be very interested to join in. In case the role is still open I would love to join as Harley Quinn or maybe an alternative form of her former self Harleen Quinzel to make it fit to this Joker (:

The role is open, as you might have guessed and it will be great if you manage to develop your character alongside our Joker :)

He's an awesome character. If you decide he has or is looking for an underling I'd be happy to take the role.

Also, I'm in.

Great :D

------

To all, I shall, definitely now, be creating the necessary threads in due time so that everyone will be able to see all the info and post their apps. We shall, I hope, be starting in a couple of days tops :) Thank you all for the interest! :)

Oswald_C_Cobblepot Oswald_C_Cobblepot How would you feel if temporarily I played a young Oliver Queen in the story who comes to Gotham for a few months to party ending with him going to the island (if you want to go with the tv route). Besides that I would like to play Killer Croc (since its Year One, probably still lives with his aunt?).

Oswald_C_Cobblepot Oswald_C_Cobblepot How would you feel if temporarily I played a young Oliver Queen in the story who comes to Gotham for a few months to party ending with him going to the island (if you want to go with the tv route). Besides that I would like to play Killer Croc (since its Year One, probably still lives with his aunt?).

As stated earlier, the RP's intention is to incorporate the whole DC Universe and, even if they won't be having a big role at the moment, other characters are welcome, especially through cameos so yes - your idea of using the Green Arrow is brilliant :) As for the Universe used, I would like to discuss that in the OOC thread (going to be up very soon) as to have a general idea on other players' opinions on whether we shall use the comics, TV or a combination of the material as it pleases us.

As far as your currently active character goes - Waylon is a great choice, really :D I've never had the pleasure of seeing him in an RP, so I'm looking forward to seeing him develop as a character. He could be working for Oswald's organisation, initially, perhaps? Develop a bond with the Joker and then be a big player in arc two? :)

maybe he can convince a vigilante or two to join his cause? ^o^
I'm pretty sure that if Ra's tried to convince Nightclaw (my OC) to his ideology, he'd at least consider and give it a thought (but I doubt he'd actually embrace it, unless he was having an identity crisis). If Ra's backed it up with an offer of using the Lazarus Pit to give him enhanced physical attributes, longevity and train him, you've pretty much got yourself a vigilante devoted to you. (Assuming he accepted it in the first place.)

Also, welcome to the RP.

Damn, I'd love to see Green Arrow. One of my favourites from the DC Universe as a whole. I just always liked the concept of a modern robin hood that's actually rich as hell and has special arrows. Definitely my cup of tea.

As stated earlier, the RP's intention is to incorporate the whole DC Universe and, even if they won't be having a big role at the moment, other characters are welcome, especially through cameos so yes - your idea of using the Green Arrow is brilliant :) As for the Universe used, I would like to discuss that in the OOC thread (going to be up very soon) as to have a general idea on other players' opinions on whether we shall use the comics, TV or a combination of the material as it pleases us.

As far as your currently active character goes - Waylon is a great choice, really :D I've never had the pleasure of seeing him in an RP, so I'm looking forward to seeing him develop as a character. He could be working for Oswald's organisation, initially, perhaps? Develop a bond with the Joker and then be a big player in arc two? :)
I've been wondering about taking a third, and perhaps last character. Anyone else we need/could use?
I know that we need Two-Face, but I'd love to be Alfred (aka Badass Butler,) or Clayface.

I'm at your disposal if you need Two-Face or Batman, but I'd rather be Two-Face because one "ohmaigerd vigilante" is enough for me.

I'm pretty sure that if Ra's tried to convince Nightclaw (my OC) to his ideology, he'd at least consider and give a thought. If Ra's backed it up with an offer of using the Lazarus Pit to give him enhanced physical attributes, longevity and train him, you've pretty much got yourself a vigilante devoted to you.

Also, welcome to the RP.

Damn, I'd love to see Green Arrow. One of my favourites from the DC Universe as a whole. I just always liked the concept of a modern robin hood that's actually rich as hell and has special arrows. Definitely my cup of tea.

I've been wondering about taking a third, and perhaps last character. Anyone else we need/could use?
I know that we need Two-Face, but I'd love to be Alfred (aka Badass Butler,) or Clayface.

I'm at your disposal if you need Two-Face or Batman, but I'd rather be Two-Face because one "ohmaigerd vigilante" is enough for me.

As far as your choices go, it seems we shall be having a Batman after all. Alfred is not a necessity, but, at the same time, he is. He is a vital character and I would love to have him, certainly, like Lucius Fox, for example, but I didn't want to put him on the list, not knowing whether people would actually be interested in playing a character that is more of a mentor, than a part of the action. But, if you have an original approach to Alfred, that would be great (I myself know I love both Pertwee's part in Gotham, but also the version from Johns' Earth One, which is also an alternative role). As far as Two-Face goes, you'd have to play Harvey Dent through most of Arc #1, as he will have a vital role in Penguin's ''Surveillance Regime'', as the main prosecutor; but you can devise an original origin story for him (the Maroni thing is starting to get old :D).

The role is open, as you might have guessed and it will be great if you manage to develop your character alongside our Joker :)

Great! :) I'll start working on my CS asap! I'll probably let her be around 18-19, a little bit younger than Joker and still in college. We'll just have to find a way to connect these two since they very likely won't be meeting at Arkham Asylum but shouldn't be a problem.

Maybe she could get unwillingly pulled into some of Falcone's gang activities cause her father has debts with him or something? :) T tommo020

Great! :) I'll start working on my CS asap! I'll probably let her be around 18-19, a little bit younger than Joker and still in college. We'll just have to find a way to connect these two since they very likely won't be meeting at Arkham Asylum but shouldn't be a problem.

Maybe she could get unwillingly pulled into some of Falcone's gang activities cause her father has debts with him or something? :) T tommo020

Story Arc #1 will be centered around Penguin so her development in that phase is going to be very important. But, I have an idea for Arc #2 or #3 that will be strongly centered around Arkham Asylum, bringing in Hugo Strange and the "doctors" (Freeze, Tetch, Arkham, Milo, Crane, Valentin, Eliot, ...) so there will surely be enough space for her to develop the connection and the madness aswell :D

As far as your choices go, it seems we shall be having a Batman after all. Alfred is not a necessity, but, at the same time, he is. He is a vital character and I would love to have him, certainly, like Lucius Fox, for example, but I didn't want to put him on the list, not knowing whether people would actually be interested in playing a character that is more of a mentor, than a part of the action. But, if you have an original approach to Alfred, that would be great (I myself know I love both Pertwee's part in Gotham, but also the version from Johns' Earth One, which is also an alternative role). As far as Two-Face goes, you'd have to play Harvey Dent through most of Arc #1, as he will have a vital role in Penguin's ''Surveillance Regime'', as the main prosecutor; but you can devise an original origin story for him (the Maroni thing is starting to get old :D).
Alright, I'll consider both options and talk back to you tomorrow.

It's reaaaaally late where I live at and I should be going to sleep right now, so I'm gtg. See you people tomorrow~!! ^_^

Alright, I'll consider both options and talk back to you tomorrow.

It's reaaaaally late where I live at and I should be going to sleep right now, so I'm gtg. See you people tomorrow~!! ^_^

Great :D I'm currently wrapping up the threads for the RP :) Good night :D

So my thought process is this, at the start you have party boy Oliver Queen who comes to Gotham to have fun and get away from Star City for a while. He meets up with Bruce Wayne and they make a tentative camaraderie. During their time together, Oliver matures a little more. After Arc One, he returns to Star City where he sets off with his dad on a fateful cruise..

Waylon Jones's atavism has been active for a few years resulting in heavy abuse from his aunt. He finds his escape in fighting and going to the gym. Waylon is known to be quite brutal in battle. He could be recruited by Oswald for a job and is kept longer term. There on jobs he could build an alliance or associate of Joker's. In the penultimate 'episode' of Arc One, he leaves Penguin's organization with his final act of Arc One being murdering his aunt which launches his homicidal rampage.

What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back