• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Shadow doesn't trust either of them but this treasure sounds interesting. "So what's this treasure that is so important that you would kill each other over? I can already tell it's something better then a few mere gold pieces".

The way Saoirse was seeing it, neither Tarina nor Dead-Eye were in the right here--but then again Tarina had a point in saying that it wasn't the group's business. They were here for information on the cult, after all. Involving themselves further with the Tarina situation didn't seem that much of an importance. Her companions seemed to think otherwise, however, so Saoirse quietly gives a sigh and takes a few feet of hempen rope strapped to her pack, cutting it off with a dagger and cautiously approaching both Evendur and Dead-Eye.

"Here you go," she says, beginning an attempt to wrap the rope around the pirate leader as tightly and securely as she could. Given her strength, or lack thereof, the attempt probably didn't amount to a lot. "I think we need more hands here..." she adds, still holding to the rope.

"Allow me." Dummy was still standing right next to Dead-eye. With a firm tug he lashed the rope tight and made a sturdy knot. "There you have it."

He looked towards Tarina. "So will you tell us the location of the cult now, or do we have to tie you up first as well?"

Tarina looks to you, Shadow. "None of you damned business," she says with a sly smile. "Must I repeat myself." She sighs mockingly. "And yes. I said I would tell you. Don't get your..." She looks back to you, Dummy and stops her sentence short. "Uh, anyway, several blocks northwest of here is a public bathhouse with a walled garden and frolicking nymphs carved into its front gates. Followers of the Dead Three have been seen coming and going from the bathhouse, and I'm told there's a secret door inside that leads to a dungeon. That's where the killers are hiding."

Did anyone wish to search the pirates or Dead-Eye?

alabast alabast , DreamingBlackbird DreamingBlackbird , Ilikepie Ilikepie , ValkyrieRose ValkyrieRose , Felix Felix , Felis Felis

"That's all we need to know. Thank you for your time." Melody says, looking at everyone. "Let's go. I hope your men turn out okay." She says to the pirate, and walks out.

She orders Mystery to fly above the location descriped to him and closes her eyes, viewing a bird's eye view from her hawk

"Thanks, uh..." Saoirse looks at the metal man, scrambling inside her head for a name she can't remember. Nevermind that...clearing her throat, she instead turns to listen to what Tarina is saying, though because of the recent events Saoirse found it difficult to remove the grain of doubt she was currently having on Tarina's words. Was the spy really telling the truth? Saoirse looks at Tarina for a while, before turning to follow behind Melody as she began to walk out.

Insight: 6 + 3 = 9

Last edited:
"I'll find out eventually don't you worry, but unfortunately for now I have to follow the idiot and make sure she doesn't herself killed going out by herself." Shadow doesn't fully trust Tarina but decides not to think too hard on it considering Tarina likely thinking that she is sending them to die in a Dead Three hideout with tons dangerous people. She begins to follow Melody making sure the idiot doesn't crash into anything while walking around with her eyes closed.

Saoirse, you're unable to gauge just how truthful Tarina really is about it all. Perhaps it all those years in her profession. Perhaps it's difficult to really get a read on her without more time and intimacy. Regardless, she's hiding her true intentions well.

Everyone gets 300 XP for the tavern encounters and RP.

Melody
, you step into the street with everyone behind you. Mystery take to the air to give you a better view. Sure enough, north by northeast, down the street a ways is the clay roof the bathhouse. Mystery can see it clearly. There is nothing suspicious around it or about it.

The trip through the city blocks to get to the bathhouse is filled with peddlers, beggars, and busy townsfolk. The shops do their best to draw you in while the street vendors do their best to keep you outside.

When you all arrive at the bathhouse yourselves, you find a one-story stuccoed building with stained-glass windows and clay roof tiles. Ten-foot-tall walls enclose a large courtyard outside the southeast corner of the building. The closed wooden doors to the courtyard are engraved with images of smiling nymphs dancing and fro licking in water.

You all stand across the street from it. The street is busy, but the bathhouse itself seems quiet.

1589305863212.png

alabast alabast , DreamingBlackbird DreamingBlackbird , Ilikepie Ilikepie , ValkyrieRose ValkyrieRose , Felix Felix , Felis Felis

Dummy had been silent for most of the walk deliberating if killing those pirates to save an former pirate was good or not. It probably would be if they would get to rid the city of these cultists.

"So, shall we just go in or does anyone want to opt for a fancy or stealthy way to get in? I mean I don't want to knock, but I don't think we are expected, so we could just go in, right?"

"Well, aside from climbing over the wall, I don't know how we would even try to sneak inside, so I agree with you," Evendur replies. "Though since this is a bathhouse, they may make us leave our things in a cloakroom or the like if we go in as guests." He rubs his forehead. "But if we're just looking for that secret door for now, it might not matter so much." Until they are confronting the cultists, they shouldn't have to fight, after all.

Once they reach the bathhouse, Melody looks around. "I'll keep going and enter the bathhouse so i don't look suspicious. I'll leave mystery with you all. If you need me, signal to him. I'll see it through my senses." She says. Above them, the hawk cries out. "Likewise, if i learn something ill have him peck you."

The writer continues forward and (assuming there is a clerk or something) pays for the fees to enter and bathe

Melody, you go in. The doors to the courtyard are unlocked--most likely because these are hours of business. The L-shaped courtyard features a trimmed lawn and nicely manicured shrubbery. The yard is decorated with white marble benches and stone fountains, each in the form of a smiling nymph tipping a jug that spills water into a circular stone basin.

Inside the bathhouse proper, you find a twenty-foot-high pillared chamber adorned with frescoes of bathing royalty. Natural light streams through stained-glass windows, creating colorful patterns on the tiles of polished blue marble that cover the Acor. Three shallow, sunken pools contain scintillating perfume-scented water. White marble benches bearing stacks of dry towels are situated near the pools, each of which comes equipped with a pair of brass faucets.

Two women soak in separate baths quietly, enjoying the warmth provided by the bathhouse is intricate plumbing systems. A beautiful attendant in a flowing robe crosses the room and approaches you. She gives a shallow bow.

”Do you wish to partake in our lovely baths, Mistress?” she says. “Or perhaps a massage would be more to your liking?”

85390ECD-AB93-409C-BB47-5EE3D9FA65B1.jpeg

Shadow watches Melody rush inside and then sighs. "Should one of us go in with her? I've hid a dagger in a bath towel before." Shadow thinks that possibly fighting in the nude could be exciting but on the other hand would be very annoying afterwards getting all the enemy blood out of her fur.

Following the others to the bathhouse without much of a complaint, they nodded in agreement with Evendur, grimacing at the thought. "If we enter, we will likely be forced to abandon our weapons and equipment." Feyris was much more comfortable under the protection of their armor anyway, and took no liking to the thought of running for their sword as cultists chased after them through a bathhouse.

"Sneaking in might be a better bet- perhaps I can enact a distraction, as stealth is not my strength." They would've much rather stormed the place, but this group hardly seemed enough in number or strength to do so, unfortunately.

Inside the bathhouse, the attendant nods and smiles to you, Melody.

"Excellent!" she says, he robes flowing as she claps her hands together. "I am Qurmilah. Please be seated there while I draw you a bath. It will only take a few moments. We charge one-hundred gold for our rejuvenating spiced and scented bath with message service just after." She hurries off to the message room to get supplies ready for the bath before you can say more.

Outside the bathhouse, it has been a few minutes since you have heard from Melody. Commoners on the street go about their business for the end of the day as dusk has settled in.

"hmmm ..." Dummy was thinking aloud. He did not like that only one of his teammates was putting themselves in danger. "Because of my ... nature, I cannot really take of my armor as it is integrated in my body. They probably don't know what to do with a metal man in a bath house anyways. Maybe I could go in and create some confusion and hard work among the staff together with Melody, while some of you go the stealthy route and try to find this door. How does that sound?"

Shadow starts poking the metal man, to test the armor not because she is bored why would even even thinks she would do that out of boredom. "Seems like a risky plan, and not all of us are the best at hiding". She points at Evendur and his heavy chainmail while continuing to poke the metal man with the other hand.

Evendur keeps rubbing his forehead. "That's true," he nods at Shadow's remark. "Well, the best I can think of is that the ones good at sneaking in do just that, and the rest of us straight up say we're here for the Flaming Fist, but for something other than cultists. They might still get suspicious, but maybe we can at least narrow down where that door is by where they don't want us to go." He sighs. "I don't know. We can try Dummy's plan, too."

Saoirse had been silent the whole trek towards the bathhouse, simply listening as everyone gave their input and ideas. "Perhaps we can merge these ideas of ours?" she offers, looking at the bathhouse's entrance. "A distraction, an excuse, and a stealth mission. One of us creates havoc and confusion--which Dummy has already offered to do--then perhaps we come in to 'handle the situation', per se, get our metal friend here to calm down and such. Maybe he's looking for something in the bathhouse--his imaginary master's ring, perhaps, or some other equally reasonable excuse to look around the place. That's hoping the establishment's staff will get convinced, though. All the while, our sneakiest lot look around while the people are distracted and whatnot..." She was very aware that she was starting to ramble, and thus ended up trailing off at the last sentence.

"Yes, that could work," Evendur nods to Saoirse. It is the most detailed plan they have so far, at least, and having a tangible distraction to "handle" is probably a better shot than thinking up a pretext without any substance behind it. "I'd say let's try it." He looks at the rest of the group still outside the bathhouse. "What do you think?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back