• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Bad boy x Good girl (Closed!)

"Aw, come on, Clary, have some faith." I say, laughing at her interpretation. "I've done this sort of thing before. I know what I'm doing. Don't you want to have a little fun?"

"The neighbor is actually at college. Her name's Maria. She said I could use it a while back." I explain. "The car at the house is in a mini garage like the one I have for my motorcycle. It's a simple car that she left behind for another one. Feminine enough, and the keys are there."

I smirk a little. "And besides, you think your dad is going to believe you walked here all the way from Allison's house? That's not gonna work."

I start digging through my closet. "I have a purple shirt here somewhere, that'll be good enough. He won't be close enough to the car to see anything but my shirt and 'hair' and I'll hide my face. And then I drive away quickly after I drop you off."

SecretsInTime said:
"Aw, come on, Clary, have some faith." I say, laughing at her interpretation. "I've done this sort of thing before. I know what I'm doing. Don't you want to have a little fun?"
"The neighbor is actually at college. Her name's Maria. She said I could use it a while back." I explain. "The car at the house is in a mini garage like the one I have for my motorcycle. It's a simple car that she left behind for another one. Feminine enough, and the keys are there."

I smirk a little. "And besides, you think your dad is going to believe you walked here all the way from Allison's house? That's not gonna work."

I start digging through my closet. "I have a purple shirt here somewhere, that'll be good enough. He won't be close enough to the car to see anything but my shirt and 'hair' and I'll hide my face. And then I drive away quickly after I drop you off."
''Fine...'' I mutter, of course my dad won't believe that I walked here from Allison's house in half a hour, when he knows she came to pick me up with her car.

''You have a purple shirt? And you want to wear a wig? I knew that your body was way too good for a straight man, damn.'' I say loud, as I stop immediately and rethink what I just said, it seems the alcohol just made his way back to my head and talked instead of me. I change the subject immediately, it was weird that I was joking and talked so freely to a guy I just met some days ago, but I had to get used to it after all, he is my neighbor.

''But if I die in this time or I get caught, just a friendly reminder that I'll hate you for all my life.'' I say as I smile and get up from the bed, helping him to look for the shirt. I had only 20 more minutes left and I couldn't just lose them like that, and if I'll get late, I'll just tell my dad we stopped for gas. I finally notice the purple shirt as I get it from the closet and throw it to his head, as I continue to look at him, waiting for the next part of the plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
She begrudgingly consents finally, and we'll soon begin the mission... as soon as I can find that shirt.

"Where is that damn shirt..." I mumble to myself.

''You have a purple shirt? And you want to wear a wig? I knew that your body was way too good for a straight man, damn.'' Clary says, to my surprise. I laugh, not sure what to make of that comment - probably just a joke? - but she seems eager to move on in the conversation. ''But if I die in this time or I get caught, just a friendly reminder that I'll hate you for all my life.''

"Well then let's not screw this up!" I say, laughing at her hesitation. She helps me finally locate the shirt, and I sigh in relief. It's a plain dark purple one similar to the blue one I gave Clary last night. It's funny she made that comment about purple being girly, because dark purple actually looks pretty great on me, if I say so myself.

Quickly I change shirts, and then face her for the next part of the plan. "Okay, next is the wig. My mother is asleep and she has a walk in closet. It should be on the shelf above her hanging clothes, I just don't know which section of the shelves it is," I explain. Then I remember what she said earlier and smirk. "It's not like I want to wear that horrid thing, I'm just a really nice and generous person willing to risk my image for you." I smile cheekily. "You're welcome."

"Now, who's sneaking in the room?" I ask, smirking.

SecretsInTime said:
She begrudgingly consents finally, and we'll soon begin the mission... as soon as I can find that shirt.
"Where is that damn shirt..." I mumble to myself.

''You have a purple shirt? And you want to wear a wig? I knew that your body was way too good for a straight man, damn.'' Clary says, to my surprise. I laugh, not sure what to make of that comment - probably just a joke? - but she seems eager to move on in the conversation. ''But if I die in this time or I get caught, just a friendly reminder that I'll hate you for all my life.''

"Well then let's not screw this up!" I say, laughing at her hesitation. She helps me finally locate the shirt, and I sigh in relief. It's a plain dark purple one similar to the blue one I gave Clary last night. It's funny she made that comment about purple being girly, because dark purple actually looks pretty great on me, if I say so myself.

Quickly I change shirts, and then face her for the next part of the plan. "Okay, next is the wig. My mother is asleep and she has a walk in closet. It should be on the shelf above her hanging clothes, I just don't know which section of the shelves it is," I explain. Then I remember what she said earlier and smirk. "It's not like I want to wear that horrid thing, I'm just a really nice and generous person willing to risk my image for you." I smile cheekily. "You're welcome."

"Now, who's sneaking in the room?" I ask, smirking.
He changes fast and then stands in front of me, and I have to say that he made dark purple look manly, but of course I couldn't admit that after I said his body looked good and I really hoped he took it as a joke.

Then he starts talking about the location of the wig and I am kind of surprised that he pretty much knows where the wig is placed. ''Probably the right section because she is right handed and it is easier for her to get it down.'' Even in my drugged with vitamins state, my mind keeps working. I knew that it was always easier for people to place things on the right part if they were right handed, mostly because my old psychology teacher.

''Aw, thank you. I really appreciate that you risk your perfect man image for me.'' I say with my sarcastic voice as I roll my eyes, being surprised by his next question. I really though he will take everything we needed and I just had to pick jump over some fences and get into the car. Damn my knowledge in psychology.

''No... Just because I am small and I can make no sounds, doesn't mean I must do that!'' I protest.

And I end up in the room as I stay in front of his mother bed as she sleeps peacefully, she looked really nice and we could see from where Decklan got some decent looks. I make my way slowly in the closet as I close the door behind me, hoping she won't wake up. I had some experience from when I needed to hide from my stupid cousins or when I had to hide from doing homeworks. I open the right section, I knew it, it was a blonde wig that seemed like Allison's hair, perfect. I looked around the closet, everything was placed perfectly and she had a good style it seems. Just when I wanted to open the door, I hear the floor cracking as I hear footsteps coming to the closet. Fast thinking, Clary. I make my way slowly in the back of the shelf, my skinny figure helping me. The door opens and Jane picks up a cardigan as she exits the room, making me let a big breath out.

I get Clary to agree to go into the bedroom. After all, I guarantee that she'll be able to not only hide better if necessary, but also find things well. I mean, women think alike, right?

She tiptoes into the room, stopping to watch my mother for a moment, before slipping into her closet and closing the door. I wait outside for a moment... and then my mother begins to stir.

I curse under my breath, and then tiptoe back to my room. I rip open my backpack, grab the first worksheet I find and my notebook, and begin to write things on the worksheet into the notebook. My mother, however, doesn't check on me - she goes to her closet first. I cringe when she opens the door - but then she walks right out, unaffected. "Clary must have hid well, then," I think, smiling a little. Then, when my mother has changed she comes into my room. This is Clary's chance to get downstairs and hide.

"Oh, sweetie, I love that shirt on you," my mother walks in and compliments. "What are you up to?"

I ignore the compliment. "Oh, I was just doing some..." I look down at the worksheet briefly. "Biology homework."

"It looks like that sheet has already been graded..." She says, confused.

"Oh yeah, I'm just uh copying the right answers in here, the teacher said to because all the answers will be on the quiz." I lie plainly. That's when I see Clary sneaking out of the room quietly. Then I say a little louder to hint for her, "Though in a few minutes I was going to go check my motorcycle's wheels. They seemed a little bald yesterday. So I'll just go out to the little shed in a little bit." I hope she gets the hint.

I engage my mother in conversation so she can escape.

SecretsInTime said:
I get Clary to agree to go into the bedroom. After all, I guarantee that she'll be able to not only hide better if necessary, but also find things well. I mean, women think alike, right?
She tiptoes into the room, stopping to watch my mother for a moment, before slipping into her closet and closing the door. I wait outside for a moment... and then my mother begins to stir.

I curse under my breath, and then tiptoe back to my room. I rip open my backpack, grab the first worksheet I find and my notebook, and begin to write things on the worksheet into the notebook. My mother, however, doesn't check on me - she goes to her closet first. I cringe when she opens the door - but then she walks right out, unaffected. "Clary must have hid well, then," I think, smiling a little. Then, when my mother has changed she comes into my room. This is Clary's chance to get downstairs and hide.

"Oh, sweetie, I love that shirt on you," my mother walks in and compliments. "What are you up to?"

I ignore the compliment. "Oh, I was just doing some..." I look down at the worksheet briefly. "Biology homework."

"It looks like that sheet has already been graded..." She says, confused.

"Oh yeah, I'm just uh copying the right answers in here, the teacher said to because all the answers will be on the quiz." I lie plainly. That's when I see Clary sneaking out of the room quietly. Then I say a little louder to hint for her, "Though in a few minutes I was going to go check my motorcycle's wheels. They seemed a little bald yesterday. So I'll just go out to the little shed in a little bit." I hope she gets the hint.

I engage my mother in conversation so she can escape.
I open the closet's door slowly and notice his mother is nowhere in it and I make my way out of the room and walk around the hallway slowly. I notice Decklan's door is open as he starts to give me some hints, and from what I understood I had to get to his shed. I slowly make my way on the stairs and I finally run to the back door, as I open and closed it behind, making my way to the small shed, hoping my father is nowhere around the windows or garden. I open the shed door, slowly and then I close it right back as I look around it. His motorcycle was in the right place, next to some tools he probably used to fix it. I sit on the motorcycle, after all I had to get used to it if I wanted to not run away like a small scared girl every time Decklan had to drive me to school, stupid drunk promise.

When I finally notice the door opening, I wait until Decklan comes inside as I get down from his motorcycle and get close to him, as I get on the tips of my shoes so I could place his wig on. I knew he wouldn't know how to place it so it wouldn't look fake, so I had to do it myself. It was a small space between us, that I kept even after I finished placing it.

''Now you look like the perfect Allison, can I take a picture? She could use it for her ID.'' I say as I laugh a little bit, still being way too close.

After a little while my mother goes back into her room for makeup, etc. I go on downstairs and out to the back, and sneak into the shed. Clary did indeed get the hint, and there she is sitting on my bike. I smile - it's gonna be fun to drive her on it. But anyways, I have to focus.

She comes very close to me and puts on the wig. It's itchy and demoralizing, but I allow her to only because of our proximity. I feel the tension right between us.

I only scowl when she comments how perfect it looks. "Why did you have to put it on now? I'm taking it off until we get into the car." I say, taking it off before she can protest. My hair is a bit messy, but I don't mind much. I hand the wig back to her.

Staying close to her, I debrief her on the next part of the mission. "Okay, the car is two doors down. There is the fence around this house that we can exit through the back opening if you can be sneaky and not seen by your dad. If not you have to jump it. After that we jump through the next door neighbor's yard - not your house, the other side - and then get to the car in the third fence. That one has a door that is never locked, I'll open it and we sneak into the car's shed. The shed has a gravel path that leads out the fence and to the road. I find the keys, you hop in and put the wig back on me, we drive on the path and to the street. We drive a little down the road and then back towards your place. I drop you off, zoom away and then put the car back. Foolproof." I say with a crazy childish grin.

SecretsInTime said:
After a little while my mother goes back into her room for makeup, etc. I go on downstairs and out to the back, and sneak into the shed. Clary did indeed get the hint, and there she is sitting on my bike. I smile - it's gonna be fun to drive her on it. But anyways, I have to focus.
She comes very close to me and puts on the wig. It's itchy and demoralizing, but I allow her to only because of our proximity. I feel the tension right between us.

I only scowl when she comments how perfect it looks. "Why did you have to put it on now? I'm taking it off until we get into the car." I say, taking it off before she can protest. My hair is a bit messy, but I don't mind much. I hand the wig back to her.

Staying close to her, I debrief her on the next part of the mission. "Okay, the car is two doors down. There is the fence around this house that we can exit through the back opening if you can be sneaky and not seen by your dad. If not you have to jump it. After that we jump through the next door neighbor's yard - not your house, the other side - and then get to the car in the third fence. That one has a door that is never locked, I'll open it and we sneak into the car's shed. The shed has a gravel path that leads out the fence and to the road. I find the keys, you hop in and put the wig back on me, we drive on the path and to the street. We drive a little down the road and then back towards your place. I drop you off, zoom away and then put the car back. Foolproof." I say with a crazy childish grin.

''Aw, where is my Allison?'
' I mutter as he hands back the wig and makes me hold it. I listen to his plan carefully and think how childish and movie-like is all this, but I have no other way to get to my house without being seen by my father and without being locked all my life in my room.

''Are you sure this isn't your plan of torturing me? And how many times have you done this that you are so sure it could work?'' I didn't know why I asked the second question, but I was sure he really got with too many girls if he knew how to help them hide from their fathers.

When he finally leaded me to his how fence, I never noticed how kind of big it was until then. If I would've used used the door like a normal person would, I was sure my dad would've noticed me because he just loved to stay in the garden and plant something.

''Fine. We jump over it. But you first.'' I mutter as I look one more time at it and wait until he jumped over it, he looked pretty athletic, he even jumped from his window to her window and now it was my turn. I started to climb on it and when I finally get on top of it, I look a little bit down, it wasn't that high but since middle school, from when I fell in front of all the school from it's fence I got pretty tired and scared of fences. I take a deep breath and jump down as I hold his hand a little bit after I landed and I kept holding it while we moved to the other fence. One more to go, then one simple door, get into the shed without nobody noticing and then we just drive in front of my house. After the second fence that- I swear- it seemed bigger than the one we finally get to the last as I stay behind Decklan when he opens it.

tumblr_nxs85ccXE51ukecxxo4_250.gif

''We'll get arrested. I can't believe I am actually following you into this, I don't even know you pretty well. You could be a car thief and I am helping you!'' I whisper, it seems the jumping over fences made me think of all the impossible things Decklan could be capable of.

Clary looks at me with complete disbelief. ''Are you sure this isn't your plan of torturing me? And how many times have you done this that you are so sure it could work?'' She asks, concerned.

I roll my eyes. "You look at me like I take all the neighbors home. Well, that's not true, first of all. And second, I only did this once." I smile wickedly. "I did this sort of thing when Kurt and I lived next door to one another, and he wasn't supposed to be over at my house - he was grounded. When we were a bit smaller, maybe 10 or 12." I explain. "I might have drove the car and pretended I was his dad... But that's a different story." I wink.

We ran outside to the fence. She told me to go first, looking a little pale. I wasn't sure whether she was scared of her father catching us, getting caught with the car or the actual fence, but either way I swung myself over it and then turned back to face her. Slowly Clary inched her way up the fence, until she was sitting on top of it. Now she really looked scared. Must have been the fence, then.

I held my hand up to her with a soft smile, and she jumped down with my help. Now I felt a little bad for having Clary over and putting her through all this, but I guess there's no going back now.

The next fence goes much the same way. When we finally get to the door to the gravel pathway, I open the latch and inch the door open. She's talking crazy about me being a car thief or something. "If I were a car thief," I say quietly, smirking, "Then I wouldn't drive a motorcycle, now would I?"

I walk into their yard slowly, and look up at the windows. I know Maria's parents, and if they were home the lights would be on in the kitchen or their office. Neither are on today - we've lucked out.

"They're not home," I say quickly, straightening up and walking normally down the path. "If they wonder why I took the car I'll make an excuse and say they weren't home for me to ask, but Maria said I could." I get to the shed door and unlatch that as well, clicking it all the way open so we can drive the car out.

"Ta-Da!" I say, presenting the car. "Mission Fool Clary's Dad is well underway." I joke, smirking and going into the shed. I hop into the driver's seat and open the passenger door from inside for Clary, in case she's getting nervous.

"Alright, one more thing before we begin this mission, Clary," I say. "There is one very very important thing you must swear to before we begin. That anything about this mission is to remain COMPLETELY confidential and ONLY to be spoken of between us. Do you swear?" I ask, half smiling. I place my hand on my heart like I've agreed to.

SecretsInTime said:
Clary looks at me with complete disbelief. ''Are you sure this isn't your plan of torturing me? And how many times have you done this that you are so sure it could work?'' She asks, concerned.
I roll my eyes. "You look at me like I take all the neighbors home. Well, that's not true, first of all. And second, I only did this once." I smile wickedly. "I did this sort of thing when Kurt and I lived next door to one another, and he wasn't supposed to be over at my house - he was grounded. When we were a bit smaller, maybe 10 or 12." I explain. "I might have drove the car and pretended I was his dad... But that's a different story." I wink.

We ran outside to the fence. She told me to go first, looking a little pale. I wasn't sure whether she was scared of her father catching us, getting caught with the car or the actual fence, but either way I swung myself over it and then turned back to face her. Slowly Clary inched her way up the fence, until she was sitting on top of it. Now she really looked scared. Must have been the fence, then.

I held my hand up to her with a soft smile, and she jumped down with my help. Now I felt a little bad for having Clary over and putting her through all this, but I guess there's no going back now.

The next fence goes much the same way. When we finally get to the door to the gravel pathway, I open the latch and inch the door open. She's talking crazy about me being a car thief or something. "If I were a car thief," I say quietly, smirking, "Then I wouldn't drive a motorcycle, now would I?"

I walk into their yard slowly, and look up at the windows. I know Maria's parents, and if they were home the lights would be on in the kitchen or their office. Neither are on today - we've lucked out.

"They're not home," I say quickly, straightening up and walking normally down the path. "If they wonder why I took the car I'll make an excuse and say they weren't home for me to ask, but Maria said I could." I get to the shed door and unlatch that as well, clicking it all the way open so we can drive the car out.

"Ta-Da!" I say, presenting the car. "Mission Fool Clary's Dad is well underway." I joke, smirking and going into the shed. I hop into the driver's seat and open the passenger door from inside for Clary, in case she's getting nervous.

"Alright, one more thing before we begin this mission, Clary," I say. "There is one very very important thing you must swear to before we begin. That anything about this mission is to remain COMPLETELY confidential and ONLY to be spoken of between us. Do you swear?" I ask, half smiling. I place my hand on my heart like I've agreed to.
I keep standing behind Decklan, with my arms crossed as he looks around the house to be sure her parents aren't home. I really have to ask him later how he got Maria to agree to let him use her car. If I had a car I would've never let it get used by Decklan as he seems a plan maniac. He pretended he was his Kurt's father? I really have a lot of question for him but I only keep following him around as he opens the shed and shows me the car. I roll my eyes as his way of presenting it and get inside it as I get the wig from under my jacket and get ready to place it when he starts to talk about a promise.

''It will remain between me and the whole town after I place this wig on you.'' I say as I force myself on him and place the wig perfectly, I always cared about the details. ''Ok, Allison, smile for the picture.'' I say as I get my phone out really fast and snap a picture as I return to my seat.

He seemed mad but he turned the engine on and we started to drive to my house as he stops in front of it, noticing my dad is staring at us from the window.

''Thanks, Allison! So nice of you to let me stay and even drive me home, such a good friend!'' I shout a little bit as I lean in and kiss him on the cheek, whispering a thank you really fast as I exit the car.

When I get inside the house my dad looks at me normally, so it means he doesn't know that I just went to a party, got drunk and slept in Decklan's bed.

''Why didn't you invite her to a coffee or something?'' He finally asks as he makes his way to the kitchen, making me follow him.

''She had to get to her job, you know. She works at a pizzeria.''
I say as I get myself a pill for my head and drink some water. He knew that I always took pills when I was stressed, so it wasn't anything new.

''About job stuff, you said you'll get a job so I found something and-'' He started as he sat on a chair. No, he isn't doing this, he isn't picking my job.

''I will actually work at that pizzeria with Allison, she told me they search for a waitress. No more getting into my life, dad. I am 18, I can pick my job, and I'll work with Allison, and I'll leave soon so thank you very much.'' I say as I get upstairs and change myself in some jeans and a t-shirt and open the window. I heard the front door opening so it mean dad left all mad to his job, great.

She places the wig on me and snaps the picture for blackmail. I grown and start the car. "You're so ungrateful you even took a picture!" I roll my eyes.

"At least I know you wouldn't talk about this or show the picture to anyone anyways." I explain, smirking, as we start the mission. "I'd just have to spread to a certain neighbor about his daughter drinking and sleeping over if that were true..." I wink. It may be dirty but she's playing dirty too. We're even now.

I drive up to the house and Clary hops out quickly, coming around and thanking "Allison." She gives me a quick kiss on the cheek and thanks me, running inside the house...

As I drive away I ignore the burning on the left side of my face. "It was her part of the plan. It was just friendly." I tell myself, ripping off the wig when I'm out of sight. I scowl and drive into the shed again, leaving everything where I found it, shutting the fence and hopping my way back to the house. Luckily my mother didn't notice my absence.

I text the group message of the guys, asking about their plans for the day. Everyone is busy but Kurt - looks like I'll be going over to his house today.

"Mom! I'm going over to Kurt's. See ya." I call through the house, grabbing my keys and jacket and zipping outside. I roar out the driveway and out in his direction.

SecretsInTime said:
She places the wig on me and snaps the picture for blackmail. I grown and start the car. "You're so ungrateful you even took a picture!" I roll my eyes.
"At least I know you wouldn't talk about this or show the picture to anyone anyways." I explain, smirking, as we start the mission. "I'd just have to spread to a certain neighbor about his daughter drinking and sleeping over if that were true..." I wink. It may be dirty but she's playing dirty too. We're even now.

I drive up to the house and Clary hops out quickly, coming around and thanking "Allison." She gives me a quick kiss on the cheek and thanks me, running inside the house...

As I drive away I ignore the burning on the left side of my face. "It was her part of the plan. It was just friendly." I tell myself, ripping off the wig when I'm out of sight. I scowl and drive into the shed again, leaving everything where I found it, shutting the fence and hopping my way back to the house. Luckily my mother didn't notice my absence.

I text the group message of the guys, asking about their plans for the day. Everyone is busy but Kurt - looks like I'll be going over to his house today.

"Mom! I'm going over to Kurt's. See ya." I call through the house, grabbing my keys and jacket and zipping outside. I roar out the driveway and out in his direction.
I kept moving around the room, asking myself if I should call Allison or not. The job as a waitress didn't seem that hard and she said she really enjoyed it. I finally get the phone out of my jacket and dial Allison, as I continue to move around the room.

''Hello?'' Her sleepy voice mutters at the phone, it seems she still didn't got over ''the day after the party'' state, even if she was at work.

''Alli, Clary here. Um, the pizzeria is searching for a waitress right?'' I already knew that, but it was better to inform myself better before I just call a taxi to take me there.

''Like always. Did you though about it? I could really enjoy working here if you're with me.'' She said as the silence got over out conversation. In this time I took my jacket and boots and got downstairs as I opened the door and locked it behind me. I won't let dad just project my life as he wants, I could at least pick my job and I wanted to work there with Allison.

''I'll be there.'' I say as I cancel the conversation and call for a taxi.

When I finally made my way inside the pizzeria it was kind of full, it seems everyone liked the this pizzeria, but I kept standing in the door, not knowing where to look as I noticed Allison was nowhere to be found. I notice a guy is approaching me, and it seemed like I knew him from a class. He kept walking until he stopped in front of me as he was wearing an apron, he was kind of muscular, kind of a messy blond hair and brown eyes.

''Can I help you with anything?'' He asked, of course he saw me all lost in my thoughts.

''Um, I was searching for Allison and I wanted to ask about the sign that showed you are looking for help?"I mutter as I look at him a little bit, he seemed like the guy that always sits in front in my English class, but I wasn't sure.

"Clarissa right? Alan.'' He said as he extended his hand, making me shake it. ''Allison is my work mate, and yes we're looking for a waitress. Let's go to the back and see what we can do for you.'' He says as he smiles at me and makes his way through the people to the back as I follow him.

I make my way to Kurt's house. We've decided that, even if we don't make it big this time, it's about time that we revamp all the music we have to difficult levels like the one we did at the end of the show. So, we retreat to his basement as we always do for songwriting and begin the ideas. Typically it's with James but this time it won't be.

The process starts with a beat and a concept. Then we add some chords and some general sounds. From there we get divide the melody vs harmony parts. We decide the theme of the song, get some lyrics and write out the verses. We mold the song around that, add a solo here and there, title it and we've got ourselves a basic song. Later on we present it to the rest of the guys, and we edit, finish and practice.

We start in with it. I throw myself into the music, but I think Kurt knows something is up. Either way we start to develop some ideas.

SecretsInTime said:
I make my way to Kurt's house. We've decided that, even if we don't make it big this time, it's about time that we revamp all the music we have to difficult levels like the one we did at the end of the show. So, we retreat to his basement as we always do for songwriting and begin the ideas. Typically it's with James but this time it won't be.
The process starts with a beat and a concept. Then we add some chords and some general sounds. From there we get divide the melody vs harmony parts. We decide the theme of the song, get some lyrics and write out the verses. We mold the song around that, add a solo here and there, title it and we've got ourselves a basic song. Later on we present it to the rest of the guys, and we edit, finish and practice.

We start in with it. I throw myself into the music, but I think Kurt knows something is up. Either way we start to develop some ideas.
Alan shows me around the kitchen and Allison finally makes her way in, looking all tired like she didn't sleep for 10 days straight.

''Alan, please tell me you won't do all that quiz on her to see if she's a retard or something. She's really nice, she paints, she's new in town, perfect waitress just there. Throw her an apron and let her help me.'' Allison mutters as she gets some plates and move along the exit of the kitchen, not before she looks at Alan once again, as she starts talking.

''And if you decide to flirt with her, friendly reminder, Decklan got his eyes on her and it won't be the first time or the last time he will beat you.'' She says as she finally exits. What she means he got his eyes on me? Did she saw what happened last night or she heard anything from a band member? All that thoughts make their way into my mind as I get woken up by Alan, throwing an apron to my head, taking my jacket and handing me a hair tie.

''We always keep hair up and the apron on. I'll help you get used around here, because you decided to come in a busy night it seems. Tables 4 and 6 have their order done so you can take them there. The tables have their numbers on them, so it will be easy.'' He says as he hands me a notebook and some and some plates, making me exit the kitchen. He seemed he didn't mind the comment Allison made so it means he didn't take it seriously. I start to make my way to the tables as I keep my smile on, laughing sometimes when I notice Allison looking at me. It wasn't so hard after all.

Eventually Kurt and I take a break from the work, sitting next to each other out in his backyard against his fence. It's a comfortable silence; we've always has the ability to just sit and enjoy each other's company without having to speak. But then he does.

"Look, if you like her it's not a big deal Decklan." He says.

"Kurt, she's my neighbor. She needed a ride home, she was drunk, I gave her one. The end." I recite my alibi again. As I go over that story more and more I find myself getting more detached from it.

"You need to loosen up. It's been forever since Talia -"

"I saw her at the party." I confess, looking at the sky. He looked back to me, surprised. I needed to confess this to him sometime. "She tried to get me back because of the possibility of fame. She kissed me against the wall. And now all the memories are fresh. Can you just understand that what is happening -" I pause. "I don't trust myself to not fall apart again."

He nods quietly, dropping it for now.

SecretsInTime said:
Eventually Kurt and I take a break from the work, sitting next to each other out in his backyard against his fence. It's a comfortable silence; we've always has the ability to just sit and enjoy each other's company without having to speak. But then he does.
"Look, if you like her it's not a big deal Decklan." He says.

"Kurt, she's my neighbor. She needed a ride home, she was drunk, I gave her one. The end." I recite my alibi again. As I go over that story more and more I find myself getting more detached from it.

"You need to loosen up. It's been forever since Talia -"

"I saw her at the party." I confess, looking at the sky. He looked back to me, surprised. I needed to confess this to him sometime. "She tried to get me back because of the possibility of fame. She kissed me against the wall. And now all the memories are fresh. Can you just understand that what is happening -" I pause. "I don't trust myself to not fall apart again."

He nods quietly, dropping it for now.
I finally finish my shift at the pizzeria as I sit tired on a chair. Maybe it wasn't such a good thing to get job but after all I needed some money but this was exhausting. After all this was the best pizzeria in town if I knew well and maybe the fans of Decklan's band always came around hoping they could see their stars. Allison hurried right back home after she finished, saying she wanted just to sleep forever and she felt sick. Of course after you mingle all night around James and drink every single drink possible you feel drink. I get my apron off and take on my jacket as I keep my hair up. Just when I wanted to open the door and dial for a taxi, Alan ran to me as he pushed me a little and locked the pizzeria. He turns and smiles at me as he places his hands in his pockets.

''Do you mind if I walk you home? Your house is in my way if I got the right address from Allison.'' He says.

''Oh, sure.'' I smile at him as we start walking on the street. It was pretty chilly outside so I get my hair down and place my hood on.

''So, there is something between you and Decklan?'' He asks as we keep walking, as I look at my steps. I never though about that, Decklan seemed pretty nice but that thought never been in my head.

''Um.. Not really. He is my neighbor and stuff, Allison was just joking.'' I mutter.

''Oh, so then there's no problem if I invite you to a kind of date?'' He laughed nervously as he looked at me. I though he was joking but he looked deadly serious. I didn't even knew him pretty well, but dates were for getting to know each other better right? Decklan's image got in my mind for a minute but I brushed it off.

''I'll think about it.'' I say as I breath relieved when I notice my house is making it appearance on the street.

As the night wound down to a close, Kurt cornered me by my bike as we said goodbye. He looked me square in the face. I stared right back.

Then he said, "You're the bravest person I know, Decklan. You've overcome a lot more than this. I know it's scary but I also know that if you really wanted to , you could do this." He paused. "And if the shit hits the fan I'm always here to pick up the pieces." He says with his small, genuine smile, and pats my shoulder quickly before going back to his house.

I stand there for a moment in thought, before hopping onto my bike and revving it up. I ride back to my house, deep in thought.

When I get to my house, however, I notice coming from the other direction are two people walking in the cold. I pull into my driveway and get off, beginning to pull my bike back to the yard when I see that it's Clary who's walking.

With another guy. Alan.

I'm somewhat relieved that she didn't walk home alone. But at the same time, it's Alan for god's sake. She couldn't have chosen worse. I scowl fiercely and pull my bike back to the yard, avoiding a confrontation.

I shade my bike in the shed and crash upstairs, trying to cool off. I go into my room and look around. There's the shirt Clary wore the night before. I pick it up, looking at it for a moment, before picking up the rest of the scattered items around the floor and actually cleaning up.

That's when I realize that I'm really fucking confusing.

SecretsInTime said:
As the night wound down to a close, Kurt cornered me by my bike as we said goodbye. He looked me square in the face. I stared right back.
Then he said, "You're the bravest person I know, Decklan. You've overcome a lot more than this. I know it's scary but I also know that if you really wanted to , you could do this." He paused. "And if the shit hits the fan I'm always here to pick up the pieces." He says with his small, genuine smile, and pats my shoulder quickly before going back to his house.

I stand there for a moment in thought, before hopping onto my bike and revving it up. I ride back to my house, deep in thought.

When I get to my house, however, I notice coming from the other direction are two people walking in the cold. I pull into my driveway and get off, beginning to pull my bike back to the yard when I see that it's Clary who's walking.

With another guy. Alan.

I'm somewhat relieved that she didn't walk home alone. But at the same time, it's Alan for god's sake. She couldn't have chosen worse. I scowl fiercely and pull my bike back to the yard, avoiding a confrontation.

I shade my bike in the shed and crash upstairs, trying to cool off. I go into my room and look around. There's the shirt Clary wore the night before. I pick it up, looking at it for a moment, before picking up the rest of the scattered items around the floor and actually cleaning up.

That's when I realize that I'm really fucking confusing.
I noticed Decklan made his way into the yard, mostly because the sound of his motorcycle and he just looked a little bit at me and Alan without saying hi or even a wave. I make my way to my front door as I wave to Alan as I get inside and close the door back. My heart was kind of beating fast, but it wasn't because Alan and his request for the date it was mostly that I didn't knew why Decklan didn't say anything. I throw my boots on the floor, same for my jacket and I go upstairs. Dad will be late again it seems and no calls from him. I decide to open my window and I notice that Decklan's was open too, it was kind of weird he kept opening it even if when I first moved here it always closed.

''Not even a hi for the girl that has a picture of you with a purple t-shirt and a wig.'' I say a little bit loud, trying to get his attention as I notice he is kind of cleaning around. I never acted so free-going with someone and that kind of scared. ''If you don't use that shirt anymore - the blue one-, you can give it to me, it was a comfortable one.'' I say. ''And dad is not home in case you want to visit.'' I say again, this time being surprised by my words.

I look up to her, beckoning me from the window. She has no idea who she's getting involved with.

"A moment please." I say blankly, disguising my rage. I finish cleaning up and then exit the room.

I pace up and down the hallway, breathing slowly. "You will not ruin this, you will not scream at her, you will not scare her, nothing." I chant to myself until I'm calm. I've banished any thoughts of Alan from my mind, and then I head downstairs quickly.

I grab a roll of a thick, silver ribbon and cut off a long piece. Running back upstairs, I fold the blue shirt in half the best I can and roll it up. Around this roll I tie a big silver bow with the ribbon.

"You need to open the window more," I say with a small grin. When she does I swing through easily and present her with the shirt. "Happy Not-Birthday." I say, smiling.

SecretsInTime said:
I look up to her, beckoning me from the window. She has no idea who she's getting involved with.
"A moment please." I say blankly, disguising my rage. I finish cleaning up and then exit the room.

I pace up and down the hallway, breathing slowly. "You will not ruin this, you will not scream at her, you will not scare her, nothing." I chant to myself until I'm calm. I've banished any thoughts of Alan from my mind, and then I head downstairs quickly.

I grab a roll of a thick, silver ribbon and cut off a long piece. Running back upstairs, I fold the blue shirt in half the best I can and roll it up. Around this roll I tie a big silver bow with the ribbon.

"You need to open the window more," I say with a small grin. When she does I swing through easily and present her with the shirt. "Happy Not-Birthday." I say, smiling.
I rolled my eyes as I open the window more and get some steps back as I wait for him to jump in. After he jumps in and hands me the shirt, I smile a little bit at the bow and ribbon as I get it and I used my surprised voice. ''For me? You didn't have to!''. I place it on the bed as I turn back to him.

''You can sit where you want, my dad won't be back for some hours so.'' I say as I wait for him to sit down as I move around the room, really excited to tell him that I found a job. I don't know why I really wanted to tell that to him, but we could meet more if I work at one of the places he likes. ''So I started working at the pizzeria, with Allison and Alan, and like it is great. I mean I am a little tired and Alan invited me on a date, and I've never been on a date so it is gonna be weird, but I really like that place.'' I say as I wait for his reaction.

I smile at her pretend surprised voice, and then sit in a chair in the corner, watching her around the room. She was going to tell me something, I knew that much.

I cringe when she says she was working with Alan, but when she says that he already asked he out on a date I freak out a little. "You're gonna go out with I guy you met hours ago?" I ask incredulously. My grip on the chair gets a little tighter.

SecretsInTime said:
I smile at her pretend surprised voice, and then sit in a chair in the corner, watching her around the room. She was going to tell me something, I knew that much.
I cringe when she says she was working with Alan, but when she says that he already asked he out on a date I freak out a little. "You're gonna go out with I guy you met hours ago?" I ask incredulously. My grip on the chair gets a little tighter.

''It is not like a serious thing, we will just get to know each other better. Like people know each other better when they go on dates and stuff, not when they try to jump over fences.''
I laugh a little bit at my remark, but I get a little bit curious why he got so freaked out.

''I mean, I've never been on a date, so it could be a start?'' I say as I shrug a little bit, sitting on the bed. ''I mean I think you know Alan, so like you know how he is, right?'' I ask as I look a little bit at him, I didn't want to really go on a date with that guy, I was just interested in his reaction after Allison told me he has his eyes on me.

"Trust me, Clary, dates with Alan are not to get to know you better." I say, closing my eyes and taming the fire inside me carefully. Alan had swept in like he always does with the girls around here. He swept up Talia merely days after our huge breakup. And, again, like he always does, he dumps his victims broken-hearted on the side of the street. Many girls think it's a hard to get act and immediately drool over him, and apparently his looks help that factor.

"And for your first date, one with Alan is not a good idea. I do know how he is and it's... well, I don't like him." I say firmly, opening my eyes again. I'm confident that I've disguised my rage in my eyes well enough.

SecretsInTime said:
"Trust me, Clary, dates with Alan are not to get to know you better." I say, closing my eyes and taming the fire inside me carefully. Alan had swept in like he always does with the girls around here. He swept up Talia merely days after our huge breakup. And, again, like he always does, he dumps his victims broken-hearted on the side of the street. Many girls think it's a hard to get act and immediately drool over him, and apparently his looks help that factor.
"And for your first date, one with Alan is not a good idea. I do know how he is and it's... well, I don't like him." I say firmly, opening my eyes again. I'm confident that I've disguised my rage in my eyes well enough.
He looked pretty angry and uncomfortable when he talked about Alan, and I started to think about Allison said but quickly changed my thoughts. Maybe it wasn't a great idea to just go on a date with that guy after all, Decklan was right, it was weird to just ask me on a date to get to know each other better, so I would just keep my distance for a while.

''But, next week this carnival is coming to town and I really wanted to go with someone.'' I mutter as I pull my sleeve around. Carnivals were a passion of mine, but dad stopped taking me after mom left and I never liked to go alone. I even though about telling Alan to come with me so I won't be lonely.

''But is fine, I mean I could just go alone or something, and I could get to know Alan better before I will go on a date or I don't know.'' I say as I look a little bit at him, half smiling then returning to my sleeve. I didn't know why I wanted to look like a hurt puppy only for him to say he could come with me, but it would've been to much to ask him after he helped me with the shelf, the party and everything so I just remained quiet.

She looked like she had seen the sense in my words. I was very relieved, to say the least. But she began to mess with her sleeve, saying she wanted to go to a carnival with someone, but she guessed she could go alone...

I smile softly. She was playing up her emotional, lonely side for me. She didn't need to - I would've taken her anyways - but it was kind of adorable.

"Well you sure as hell don't want to go to the carnival with Alan. I'd be way more fun. Who needs to get to know Alan when you can get to know me?" I wink, smiling, and fold my hands behind my head, leaning back a little. "Let me take you. I'm sure I'm free sometime next week."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back