News Back to Form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hey you.

Seen the new font awesome bbcodes :D

Welian told me about the site change up not too long ago and I finally mustered enough motivation to log back on.

thatsoundedterrible,i'msorry.

I have not! I've been pretty busy with school and work that I haven't kept up on most things.

But uh.

You should totally PM me about it 8D

Welian told me about the site change up not too long ago and I finally mustered enough motivation to log back on.

thatsoundedterrible,i'msorry.

I have not! I've been pretty busy with school and work that I haven't kept up on most things.

But uh.

You should totally PM me about it 8D

Don't worry we will win you back and never let you down.

Lets have another decade of stability again :D!

Start here: 

Don't worry we will win you back and never let you down.

Lets have another decade of stability again :D!

Start here: 

GAAAAWD DAMMIT.

XD

Gimme enough puns and you MIGHT be able to have a chance at winning me back.

I'm a motherfunking trophy. B|

Oh, man. I'm dyslexic too and I liked the colors.   (I'm also one of those people who identify posters by avatar) Having each section have its own color would make navigating the site easier. Just make sure the color is consistent through the section. 

The colors don't have to be bright, just different from each other. 

I hope the colors stick around as a theme choice in the future. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, speaking of dyslexia, will the text editor in the new software won't screw with Chrome's spell check add on? 

I frequent another forum that won't let me spell check anything in my posts. I have to copy the word to Google or Word to find out the correct spelling. 

This might be a bit of a complex question and I apologize in advance if it’s confusing. In HPs on this site, there are three levels. There are Categories (default is titled “Main”), Forums (of which you can have up to 5 without asking an admin for help) and then there are Topics (also called threads).

On the old site, before the update that put us here, you could have a list of threads on the “Main” page because there wasn’t really a category system.

Will that be a thing again when we go back to Xenoforo this time? Or will categories still exist and it be impossible to put threads on the main page of a Category? I

Sorry if it’s confusing…

Ran across your question while catching up on comments, so gonna reply before continuing.  You can post threads into a "category" but you have to assign it as a "discussion" in the settings.  However, they won't display unless someone is directly in that category (clicked the category to see the forums and then normal posts under it); example (no posts, but under it you see "not posts in this topic yet).  Not that this matters much since we're no longer using this specific addon for HPS.

Oh, man. I'm dyslexic too and I liked the colors.   (I'm also one of those people who identify posters by avatar) Having each section have its own color would make navigating the site easier. Just make sure the color is consistent through the section. 

The colors don't have to be bright, just different from each other. 

I hope the colors stick around as a theme choice in the future. 

You would benefit from the Color Me theme then, there are multiple themes to choose from.

Also, speaking of dyslexia, will the text editor in the new software won't screw with Chrome's spell check add on? 

I frequent another forum that won't let me spell check anything in my posts. I have to copy the word to Google or Word to find out the correct spelling. 

It shouldn't.

If you use chrome then I highly recommend Grammerly add-on. It spell checks, grammar checks, and just helps in general and works perfectly with every site I've used thus far.

If you use chrome then I highly recommend Grammerly add-on. It spell checks, grammar checks, and just helps in general and works perfectly with every site I've used thus far.

It doesn't work so well with IPS, unfortunately.  Crossing fingers that it will work better with xF after the update!

It doesn't work so well with IPS, unfortunately.  Crossing fingers that it will work better with xF after the update!

I believe it works better in xF.

Can't speak for the current version but I know in xF2 the devs made a shoutout to it and purposely made it work well after someone brought it up.

The forum I have issues with the spell check add on uses vBulletin. Rpnation.com is not the forum I was having issues with. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This confuses me, I've been using it since I came back and haven't had an issue at all. 

Glad to hear it!  We've heard from some that have had issues, that's all.

Hey, I posted a question in the Details thread but I think it got lost. Here it is:

This looks like it'll go much better than the last transfer! I've enjoyed IPS but I'm glad we're returning to xF. :) Question: I have a hosted project that's not "active" - in fact, permissions are set so regular members can't actually see it. I've been coming back to it periodically to work on it bc it's a very large project. Will this WIP be archived? I'd prefer if it wasn't because messing with the forum structures and such is, in this case, part of developing it, but I understand the desire to declutter so I'm willing to move all the threads to my private workshop. Link below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back