News Back to Form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarification: Users were allowed to 'soft-delete', i.e. 'hide' content. Only Admins had the ability to 'hard-delete' content.

Captain Hesperus

SUGGESTIOOOOOOOOON:

Same as they are now. They work much better.

Increase the post-minimum for it to 1000, though.

They cannot be the exact same as we are changing software.  There are some similar options, but not the exact same.  Otherwise... xenForo and IPS might be suing each other over things like that, lol.

Yeah okay.

What I will like about going back to xF is the ability to be finally able to DELETEEEEEEEE STUUUUUUUUUUFF

Nope, the site as a no-deletion policy.  Nothing can be deleted, only hidden and this will remain the same even after the switch back.

Nope, the site as a no-deletion policy.  Nothing can be deleted, only hidden and this will remain the same even after the switch back.

What if someone posts my private information?

No-deletion policy much?

It stays on the site and any hacker / whatever can get to it.

No-deletion policy much?

if someone posts your private information they would be punished by the staff and the content would be hidden so that no one can see it

and im sure if you asked nicely, the staff would hard delete it for you if you were uncomfortable with them having that information. but it's not like they are gonna do anything with it anyways

Last edited by a moderator:

No-deletion policy much?

If someone posts your personal contact details, then the Admins would hard-delete it or alternately edit the post and delete the details.

Captain Hesperus

No-deletion policy much?

Already answered by others, but the policy is in regards to normal everyday content.  Your example is an extreme case. :3

It took me awhile to get around to responding, and reading this thread. I wanna say at first I was irritated, about the changes, because I had roleplays that I invested a large portion of time in fixing after the update broke the code. I also spent a bit of time trying to learn HTML. My biggest concern is that these constant changes are going to deter our current visiting population. Looking forward to the updates, hoping for the best.

Been working on concepts for the next style:

Thoughts?

I'm usually a premade style I purchased from the xenforo store for the default style since xF2 is around the corner, no point in massively investing time in something new from scratch. Been slowly editing it to make something decently unique.

Hi. It's me, your favorite troll.

I literally just saved this image so that I could share it with others and discuss how awful it is.

Are you sure this is DW? Me thinks the real DW might be compromised and in need of the authorities... Like this comment if you need our help.

RpN should definitely stick with its established theme and identity. It's called branding, and it's good for business. I see no defining theme in that image. 

That is a mess. Sorry for being harsh, but those are my thoughts and you were kind enough to ask for them. ^_^  Weilan did an excellent job explaining why rainbow branding works against a plain white background such as Google but would not work here. That's bright, distracting, and busy. Google does it in a way where it is clean and polished. The rainbow is more like an accent, not the entirety of the design as we see here.

The default design should unify us as a "nation". I think the blue-white-black-gray theme does that well. 

Im cool with anything that goes. As long as RPNATION is still alive. I LOVE BEING HERE. Its my escape from reality and drama. Thank you wonderful moderators for keeping this a great place to stay. And a special thank you to @The Dark Wizard for making this site a reality :)

Edit: Im putting this as my status updater XP

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone also recently sent $200.

Captain Hesperus

Yes captain also tossed 200 in :3.

you should set up a donation pool

you deserve it anyways (:

I don't feel comfortable using the site for personal things like that. We've never profited off of donations.

Someone really wants that tasty mobile app then by all means but I'm not going to start begging the site.

Yes captain also tossed 200 in :3.

I don't feel comfortable using the site for personal things like that. We've never profited off of donations.

Someone really wants that tasty mobile app then by all means but I'm not going to start begging the site.

In that case I'll make a donation as soon as I'm back to a stable point cash wise. Got my ass kicked by car insurance this month >_>

In that case I'll make a donation as soon as I'm back to a stable point cash wise. Got my ass kicked by car insurance this month >_>

Also 

chrome_2017-02-10_17-32-47.png

Better?

This might be a bit of a complex question and I apologize in advance if it’s confusing. In HPs on this site, there are three levels. There are Categories (default is titled “Main”), Forums (of which you can have up to 5 without asking an admin for help) and then there are Topics (also called threads).

On the old site, before the update that put us here, you could have a list of threads on the “Main” page because there wasn’t really a category system.

Will that be a thing again when we go back to Xenoforo this time? Or will categories still exist and it be impossible to put threads on the main page of a Category? I

Sorry if it’s confusing…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back