• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Back from the grave, ready to rave (Closed for now)

SliceThePi

caked in resin and vile to behold
Hi! I'm Sammy, SliceThePi, Pi, or "loser," as the cool kids call me. I've been pretty dead on here for the past year, but I'm back now and ready to party (cue a single sad individual party horn sound effect followed by several seconds of crickets chirping).

So, story time! When I was little, writing for school was like pulling teeth. Other school-related stuff was fine! Math came easily- I thought fractions were obvious at age two, according to my mom. Reading was fun- I read the entire Harry Potter series in elementary school and loved it. But writing? Something about it was almost physically painful. Maybe it was because I was stubborn, or maybe I just didn't like being restricted by assignment requirements, but essays were awful. The only time throughout elementary and middle school that I actually enjoyed writing was when I was just told to write a story, with no other details given. I remember excitedly presenting it to my teacher, proud of what I had created. That experience should've tipped me off that something was different about writing for myself, but I had been conditioned pretty hard to think that writing wasn't fun. One exception to that didn't really change my mind.

Fast forward a few years to eighth grade or so, and I joined a D&D group at the prompting of my friend. This was my first real exposure to roleplaying. I had, of course, played pretend and stuff like that before, but this? This was different. That campaign kind of fell apart after one of the players got mad and ragequit because the DM wouldn't let him shoot a Magic Missile around a boulder (we tried to explain that the spell required line of sight to function, but he wasn't having it), but it was enough to pique my interest in storytelling. I started roleplaying over the internet, and, well... here I am now!

Anyways, here's what I'm looking for setting-wise:
  • Medieval
  • Fantasy
  • Steampunk
  • Modern
  • Sci-fi
  • Probably other stuff that I haven't thought of
  • Any mixture of the above
As for plot:
  • Romance (MxF if I'm a guy, FxAnyone if I'm a girl)
  • Exploration
  • Mystery
  • Probably other stuff that I haven't thought of
  • Any mixture of the above
And for post length, I'm up for anything from, say, 4+ sentences to a couple paragraphs per post. I try to avoid having posts be too long, because having that much action with no chance for your partner to interrupt generally stifles character interaction. Internal dialogue is fine, though!

Also, please try your best with grammar. I'm fine with the occasional mistake, and I'm fine with casual OOC chat, but if your grammar affects my reading comprehension or is bad enough to distract me from the story, I'll probably end the roleplay.

Anyways, reply here (optionally with something about what you're looking for) if you're interested! I generally RP in DMs. I'll make a character to fit the plot/setting.

Hiya! I liked your ideas about settings! I think that we might get a good plot going. Hmu in DMs if you are interested in starting an RP with me!

Yo! Not sure if you want to juggle 3+ Rps, but i would be interested. I like to create concepts for worldbuilding, but i dont really get the chance to see them out. I've made world concepts for all the settings and plots you've mentioned above and more. So if you want to DM me i could share some of them with you and see what happens from there.

Yo! Not sure if you want to juggle 3+ Rps, but i would be interested. I like to create concepts for worldbuilding, but i dont really get the chance to see them out. I've made world concepts for all the settings and plots you've mentioned above and more. So if you want to DM me i could share some of them with you and see what happens from there.
I love worldbuilding as well! I'll DM ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back