『 B L A N K 』

『 B L A N K 』

"Phrase Code recorded. Initializing P.E.W. customization. Please standby.", T.A.R.A says after you've finished inputting the phrase 'one shot, one kill'.

The black cube you held vigorously vibrated, causing you to let go of it and drop it to the ground, where it began to emit various noises, just like earlier. You felt a slight shake coming from the ground, coming from the area where the cube was. What you witnessed next was just astounding.

The cube slowly reformed itself, extending and expanding it sides in different shapes and sizes. After a few moments, the cube had become a sniper rifle. "Thank you for waiting.", T.A.R.A. says. "User
BLANK's P.E.W. is now ready for use."

You pick it up and examine it, and as you do you figure out some important details about it - the chamber can only be loaded by one bullet at a time, and it has no magazine slot. The rifle was lightweight, but it packed quite a punch. You also found a switch to turn the silencing mechanism on and off. Most importantly, you found a button specifically designed to fold it into pocket-sized block for portability.

Executor BLANKVitality: ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌

Stamina:
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌

Ammo:

Once you've finished examining your P.E.W, T.A.R.A. continued to speak. "Please test your P.E.W. on the dummy provided."

[1] You shoot the dummy using your P.E.W. without the silencing function.

[2] You shoot the dummy using your P.E.W. with the silencing function.

[3] You press the portability button and throw it to the dummy.

[4] You stand by and ask why the hell you should waste your one bullet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[3] - if only to hear what the reaction of TARA will be.

『 B L A N K 』

You scan your surroundings for a short moment. Apparently, you are in a wide and clean room. To your side is a steel table, where your P.E.T. lies, yet to be suited to your preferences. In there, T.A.R.A. speaks and assists you in the preparation protocols. To your north, about ten meters away, was the dummy. It was made of toughened leather, made to imitate human flesh, and was dressed in a suit reinforced by titanium alloys - the common material for military-based equipment in this period. However, the armor only covers a few parts of the dummy.

You then, prepare to test your P.E.W. and its effectiveness. A malicious smirk formed into your face for a quick second as the fingers of your left hand slowly inch their way towards the portability button. Silence filled the air, as T.A.R.A. waited for you to do what you have to. After a while, you pressed the button, and your P.E.W. quickly folded into a thick, pocket-sized block of metal, which you now held with your right hand. A puff leaves your mouth silently, as you throw the metal block towards the dummy in a pitch-like pose.

Surprisingly, your throw was strong enough, and your aim was quite accurate. The metal block forcefully struck the head of the dummy, leaving it damaged with a large portion of the leather cover torn away. The block fell to the ground afterwards, with its portability button being pressed towards the earth. It unfolded back into your P.E.W. seconds later.

"Ha!", you shouted. "Now that's how you do it."

Stamina:
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌

Ammo:

"Observation.", T.A.R.A says. "Executor
BLANK is dysfunctional. Sending report to J.O.E. for further instructions."

By your strange action of throwing the block, T.A.R.A. has assumed that you are rather an ineffective Executor, and sent a report to J.O.E. quicker than you expected. You can't have your reputation ruined before you even get a mission done, that is just horrible!

[1] Convince T.A.R.A that it was a joke, and you'll do it seriously this time.

[2] Tell T.A.R.A. you didn't want to waste your bullet so you did that instead.

[3] Convince T.A.R.A. that despite your strange action, your test was effective, so there is nothing wrong with that.

[4] Accept your demise and prepare for the possible consequences.

[3] Might as well start to build our reputation as someone who does things in his own way.

[2] Tell T.A.R.A. you didn't want to waste your bullet so you did that instead.

[3] Convince T.A.R.A. that despite your strange action, your test was effective, so there is nothing wrong with that.

[3] We want to be a thrifty agent, and the gun obviously shoots well enough for being so high-tech, we were simply exploring other possibilities in a secure environment. T.A.R.A. should be made to understand that we are creative in our methods and acknowledge our foresight in attempting other options. Everything we do is serious, we don't take our job lightly, even in potentially humorous circumstances.

『 B L A N K 』

T.A.R.A was in the middle of sending the report when you suddenly barged in, and randomly tapped on the screen of your P.E.T. You tried to delay her, which in this case, was very successful. Apparently, T.A.R.A. has trouble handling annoying situations, which you are doing. "User BLANK.", she says. "Please cease the unnecessary screen taps."

You don't stop until you hear T.A.R.A. saying some error about sending the message. Well done. You have stopped her from sending the report, or have you? A few seconds after, she begins to type up a new report, one including your excessive screen tapping that messes her up. You finally decide to speak to her and convince that you're not dysfunctional.

"The actions I committed earlier are not that of a dysfunctional Executor's T.A.R.A", you say in a very serious tone, that you could even go run for president of a certain democratic country. T.A.R.A., hearing these words, began to slow down her process. She may be bad at handling annoyances, but she sure does well with multi-tasking. "I am an Executor, and as one, I must be prepared for all contingencies - and one of those is running out of ammo. If my P.E.W. runs out of ammo, which I'm sure it will, what am I going to do with it? I tested the effectiveness of my P.E.W. without using ammo, earlier."

You pointed to the dummy's head, which now was but a mess of torn leather and cotton. "And as you can see, it works excellently." T.A.R.A. looked into it, and said. "Calculating. Area affected: Head. Damage caused: Lethal. Results: Target unconscious, or target executed."

A few moments of silence later, T.A.R.A. had stopped creating the report, let alone send it. "Report deleted. Observation error corrected. Congratulations, User
BLANK, you are not retarded."

You clench your fist.
I really want this AI replaced. You lean in closer to the P.E.T. "Listen now, T.A.R.A. Only the greatest of Executors can create works of wonder like that. Be honored that one of those legends, such as I, is the Executor you assist."

"Data recorded. It is an honor to be your assistant, User
BLANK.", another sarcastic statement resonated from T.A.R.A.

Stamina:
▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌

Ammo:

Before you could even react, she turned the P.E.T. screen blank, and said, "Final preparation protocol: P.E.T. customization. Please enter model code."

[1] IP-12S128T

[2] SG-A2255T

[3] SX-Z9128T

[4] M-SV2335T

[2] SG-A2255T

Not quite sure why, but I'm certain it's the right choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back