Azure Moon: A Thief's Honor (Critique is welcome!)

Caragia

The Lorekeeper
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello! I've been playing around with this for a long time now and I think I'm almost done. I just need help figuring out if I have plot holes, discrepancies, etc. I am not the best at making thought out plots so, please critique it and any advice is welcome!

Azure Moon: A Thief's Honor

This roleplay will be Casual to Detailed, so at lease 1 to 2 paragraphs per post. It would be appreciated that some semblance of proper grammar is used for easy reading. Also, use spell check! (I won't call you out on all mistakes... I'm not a Nazi. Everyone makes mistakes, including me!)

Now, this roleplay will be about a thieves' guild known as 'The Azure Moon' and their 'criminal' activities. Currently they are in competition against a rival guild, [enter guild name here]. I chose the name Silver Dragons, however that is subject to change. As I am now accepting applications for core members of the Azure Moon and the rival guild. For the Azure Moon there are the Leader and 5 council members. The same for the rival Guild. As to be expected, players and their characters will be members of either guild. The world is an alternate universe of Earth in 1696. Japan and all Eastern countries are still Feudal and, as someone so aptly put it, "Westerners can go bugger off". Magic is allowed and a variety of races as well. Keep in mind since the A.M. (Azure Moon) is located in Old Japan, Japanese Mythology applies. (And so does traditional Japanese culture and rules of conduct.) The run-of-the-mill Oni (Ogres), Kami(Spirits), Yurei (Ghosts), Yamabushi (Closest equivalent to wizards) apply. If you wish to bring in a class or eastern race from D&D, you may do that as well. If you REALLY want a western character, keep in mind that he/she will be met as an outsider. The same applies for if you bring characters from other universes. (For your convenience, I will tab a map of the Provinces of Old Japan.)

Now as for the "ceiling of power" I would like to keep it within reason. Keep powers & magics to that of the age of your character and what mythology dictates. Now those applying, please put all the information in the character sheet provided. If your character has anything that puts your character above and beyond the norm, please talk about it in OOC. If your character is of celestial or divine descendancy; forward me a character sheet via private message.

Azure Moon is a unique guild of thieves that formed because of a small band's pride in their work; their honor. They're kind of like the "Robin Hoods" of Old Japan. Most of the items they steal are from the rich. Since such items you will steal will be illegal and merchants won't buy them from you, A.M. will have a fence. A fence is a way for you to sell your ill-gotten gains. For this aspect for each guild there will be an additional core member will need to apply. That person will decide what you get by a dice roll generator. (e.g. you steal a valuable katana, the fencer will roll on 2 100-sided dice. Whatever number pops up is how much gold you get.) Also because of the reasoning behind their banning together, other guilds, especially the guild in question, will look down upon A.M.

Now I'll be introducing a special gem called the "Sushing Ruby". Although I haven't decided what it does or how it applies to the RP. Other than being extremely rare and valuable, it would be the item of power the guilds fight over. Beyond that, those who apply and I will discuss in OOC what it should be used for and what not. Also, the leader for Azure Moon will be an NPC unless needed otherwise. For the Rival Guild that can also be the case. Council members essentially run the guild, but since this IS a RP, then all decisions will be discussed with all RP members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back