Azae - A World At War - Out of Character Chat

LeSoraAmari said:
Arturia hates the queen for tarnishing the faith and using it as a claim to back up what she does in her obsurd rule. So yes, she probably will hate Thera :3
Zuka said:
Renaria won't because, she doesn't really care which way. Unless the Queen does something especially sick and twisted to heretics. Then she might be swayed to one side
Thera would respect Arturia, just because she's the Successor and pretty much her future boss lol. And she's chill with Renaria too.

KingAdrock said:
First, for you sexy, crazy Roadalians. @LeSoraAmari @Zuka @too much idea @Robyn Banks
So Miranda has been in Ashah with the Queen for about 8-9 months now. The executions (hangings) have just started and there has only been a few. She has just announced herself to be a prophet. I would assume that there has to be some internal contention for your characters as this has been pretty sudden and has to be because of this strange and mysterious woman. Plus, declaring yourself a prophet is both pretty insane, and blasphemous. Those close to the Queen know she is mentally ill and this must be because of this. Maybe the Holy Knights start meeting and talking about what to do? They know they would need the help of Renaria, as she is the only one who gets anywhere near the Queen these days. They probably wouldn't want to kill her really (they'd assume she's being manipulated I would think), but definitely Miranda. They can try to rally others (important NPCs) or possibly learn of the Stone Soldiers (a fabled secret religious army in Kildra) that they may think is their only hope at stopping a Queen with an army killing her own people in the name of Azae. It would be interesting and comical to see how these proud females deal with men who are technically of the same religion who are more patriarchal and older.

There's also the first and second in command of the Holy Knights of Azae who are NPCs. Janer Courtine is first and Kira Bamalu is second. Janer adores the Queen and has known her for quite some time but is ready to stage a coup (she could be the one trying to get other holy knights and people in the country to be on her side) while Kira is a religious zealot who the other Holy Knights cannot stand and are afraid of. She carries the Queen's will out without question because it is the way she has always believed the religion should have been enforced. They obviously would not be trying to get her help and would be tip-toeing around her. This could and most likely will lead to confrontation (and maybe even death! dun dun dun!) What do you guys think?
As for the meeting, Thera would not actively participate unless asked to speak her thoughts.

If there's a talk about coup d'etat, Thera might report it to the Queen as she required to do.

And oh god, Thera is going to despise Kira very much and talk back a lot against her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zuka said:
@KingAdrock @bottlecap @Dirk Diggler
Can someone give me a rough idea on the T'Odis language because I'm just trying to work out how to write for the T'Odis slave girl I was thinking of making later.
I Will be getting that up later tonight. I already have it written out. All it is is a simple vowel and consonant swap with a few rules I added to it.

[QUOTE="too much idea]As for the meeting, Thera would not actively participate unless asked to speak her thoughts.
If there's a talk about coup d'etat, Thera might report it to the Queen as she required to do.

And oh god, Thera is going to despise Kira very much and talked back a lot against her.

[/QUOTE]
Well, that's what Kira would do too. But wait until you see what the Queen STARTS doing. When you do, you might not be so sure about having Thera be so blindly loyal. What she does next is enough to make even the most devoted become disgusted.

KingAdrock said:
Well, that's what Kira would do too. But wait until you see what the Queen STARTS doing. When you do, you might not be so sure about having Thera be so blindly loyal. What she does next is enough to make even the most devoted become disgusted.
Hype!

Thera is sympathetic to slaves/people who are at the bottom of the pyramid, so if the Queen goes too far... Even the most loyal dog could still bite back

[QUOTE="too much idea]Hype!
Thera is sympathetic to slaves/people who are at the bottom of the pyramid, so if the Queen goes too far... Even the most loyal dog could still bite back

[/QUOTE]
giphy.gif

Hehehe..

KingAdrock said:
what were you thinking?
Most of the Characters are widely spread over the continent. So if we make more characters there will be more interactions.

And for a character, might another Nevarron or some other noble

@Zuka @too much idea @LeSoraAmari

I can already picture it now.... my character is going to think everyone are idiots. xD she has a superiority complex and she won't think that anyone is on the same level as her. Thera had to work her way up( though she will still have respect for her), Renaria isn't even part of the holy knights and would think the queen basically did a charity. The only person she would honestly be fine with is Arturia just because I think they are going to be close friends.

Savagai said:
Most of the Characters are widely spread over the continent. So if we make more characters there will be more interactions.
And for a character, might another Nevarron or some other noble
Some are kind of spread out. PM me what you come up with.

Now, @Dirk Diggler character Vanse is a former T'Odis Justice Horde soldier who is now on the run and is fleeing T'Odis. @Lakita , Maerwynn is leaving T'Odis as well to find a cure for her father's Frostrot, correct? Well there are trade caravan going in and out of the T'Odis gate so maybe they are on two separate but close ones? There are large towers every one hundred feet for hundred of miles that border between the two different Lawless lands and the Lawful Land all the way to the gate. If someone of importance is trying to flee the country then they begin lighting torches and when the next tower sees it they light their torch and so on until it reaches the gate and they know to close it. How about the torches start getting lit and Vanse has to race against them. Both of you guys can make it past the gates before they finally catch up and want to check the one that Vanse is in. Vanse fights them off and it impress Maerwynn so much she wants to hire him to help her get to Libertia (where she's most likely to find a cure).

Cue my character, Ziek, who is partying up in Libertia at a tavern. The same night, Garnerge comes down to Azae. When he lands on the planet, a large and insanely unique thunderstorm like phenomena happens that can be seen all over Zeldwa. If anybody's character is awake in the middle of the night, they should make mention of this storm in their first post (if theyre asleep maybe they wake up. Or you just mention it while theyre sleeping.) It will be what links all our first posts. Ziek drunkenly and curiously goes to investigate and gets in an altercation with the beast-man. He tries to climb a tree to flee, but Garnerge tears it from it's roots and sends it flying. When Ziek comes to the next morning he has found he landed in the water near the top of the Rey Ho River near Lake Vendel that feeds it. He has numerous injuries and can barely walk. He is able to limp his way back to the village to find that Garnerge had destroyed it. It's then that Libertian Defense forces come to investigate.

Instead of bringing me in for investigation/trial, one of them recognizes Ziek as "The Child of Death" and one of the biggest fugitives in Kildra and they decide to bring him there for the reward. They knock Ziek out (he can't fight back with his injuries) and start bringing him to Kildra. That will allow him to run into Vanse and Maerwynn. Then we'll all be in Kildra where both @bottlecap and @Savagai is, but we'd want to go to Libertia where @Jabroni is. What do you guys think?

Robyn Banks] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/26922-zuka/ said:
@Zuka[/URL] @too much idea @LeSoraAmari
I can already picture it now.... my character is going to think everyone are idiots. xD she has a superiority complex and she won't think that anyone is on the same level as her. Thera had to work her way up( though she will still have respect for her), Renaria isn't even part of the holy knights and would think the queen basically did a charity. The only person she would honestly be fine with is Arturia just because I think they are going to be close friends.
+ Thera used to be a slave so your girl might have some trouble 'migling with a girl of lower caste' xD

[QUOTE="too much idea]+ Thera used to be a slave so your girl might have some trouble 'migling with a girl of lower caste' xD

[/QUOTE]
Well talking to her won't be the problem and having respect for what she had to go through but she just won't see her at the same level that she is. She's kind of like a ' I'm nice to you but that doesn't mean I like you.'

KingAdrock said:
Take your time, there's never a rush for anything.
I really should read all the character sheet right now, so I can think of something. Maybe a Ball at Nevarron Castle? Or isnt @Jabroni s character a noble?

@KingAdrock @Zuka

Zuka and I were talking about there possibly being a meeting in a tavern, I guess in Roadalia, and Kael stumbling in doing his drunkard thing with all the pretties.

Savagai said:
I really should read all the character sheet right now, so I can think of something. Maybe a Ball at Nevarron Castle? Or isnt @Jabroni s character a noble?
She's a huntress and dislikes nobles.

KingAdrock said:
Some are kind of spread out. PM me what you come up with.
Now, @Dirk Diggler character Vanse is a former T'Odis Justice Horde soldier who is now on the run and is fleeing T'Odis. @Lakita , Maerwynn is leaving T'Odis as well to find a cure for her father's Frostrot, correct? Well there are trade caravan going in and out of the T'Odis gate so maybe they are on two separate but close ones? There are large towers every one hundred feet for hundred of miles that border between the two different Lawless lands and the Lawful Land all the way to the gate. If someone of importance is trying to flee the country then they begin lighting torches and when the next tower sees it they light their torch and so on until it reaches the gate and they know to close it. How about the torches start getting lit and Vanse has to race against them. Both of you guys can make it past the gates before they finally catch up and want to check the one that Vanse is in. Vanse fights them off and it impress Maerwynn so much she wants to hire him to help her get to Libertia (where she's most likely to find a cure).

Cue my character, Ziek, who is partying up in Libertia at a tavern. The same night, Garnerge comes down to Azae. When he lands on the planet, a large and insanely unique thunderstorm like phenomena happens that can be seen all over Zeldwa. If anybody's character is awake in the middle of the night, they should make mention of this storm in their first post (if theyre asleep maybe they wake up. Or you just mention it while theyre sleeping.) It will be what links all our first posts. Ziek drunkenly and curiously goes to investigate and gets in an altercation with the beast-man. He tries to climb a tree to flee, but Garnerge tears it from it's roots and sends it flying. When Ziek comes to the next morning he has found he landed in the water near the top of the Rey Ho River near Lake Vendel that feeds it. He has numerous injuries and can barely walk. He is able to limp his way back to the village to find that Garnerge had destroyed it. It's then that Libertian Defense forces come to investigate.

Instead of bringing me in for investigation/trial, one of them recognizes Ziek as "The Child of Death" and one of the biggest fugitives in Kildra and they decide to bring him there for the reward. They knock Ziek out (he can't fight back with his injuries) and start bringing him to Kildra. That will allow him to run into Vanse and Maerwynn. Then we'll all be in Kildra where both @bottlecap and @Savagai is, but we'd want to go to Libertia where @Jabroni is. What do you guys think?
That would be fine but my character doesn't really have money to hire a guide! I don't know what else she could offer lol.

Also she might consider it a liability to keep Vance around if she knows people are tracking him (which she doesn't, having spent 99% of her life in the woods) which will be interesting in the future.

I also think it might be better to have them in the same caravan, perhaps with some filler NPCs that get hurt/killed in the process. It might give her more incentive to stick with Vance to see someone get killed in front of her (get her used to the severity of the situation).

KingAdrock said:
First, for you sexy, crazy Roadalians. @LeSoraAmari @Zuka @too much idea @Robyn Banks
So Miranda has been in Ashah with the Queen for about 8-9 months now. The executions (hangings) have just started and there has only been a few. She has just announced herself to be a prophet. I would assume that there has to be some internal contention for your characters as this has been pretty sudden and has to be because of this strange and mysterious woman. Plus, declaring yourself a prophet is both pretty insane, and blasphemous. Those close to the Queen know she is mentally ill and this must be because of this. Maybe the Holy Knights start meeting and talking about what to do? They know they would need the help of Renaria, as she is the only one who gets anywhere near the Queen these days. They probably wouldn't want to kill her really (they'd assume she's being manipulated I would think), but definitely Miranda. They can try to rally others (important NPCs) or possibly learn of the Stone Soldiers (a fabled secret religious army in Kildra) that they may think is their only hope at stopping a Queen with an army killing her own people in the name of Azae. It would be interesting and comical to see how these proud females deal with men who are technically of the same religion who are more patriarchal and older.

There's also the first and second in command of the Holy Knights of Azae who are NPCs. Janer Courtine is first and Kira Bamalu is second. Janer adores the Queen and has known her for quite some time but is ready to stage a coup (she could be the one trying to get other holy knights and people in the country to be on her side) while Kira is a religious zealot who the other Holy Knights cannot stand and are afraid of. She carries the Queen's will out without question because it is the way she has always believed the religion should have been enforced. They obviously would not be trying to get her help and would be tip-toeing around her. This could and most likely will lead to confrontation (and maybe even death! dun dun dun!) What do you guys think?

Coming next: What I think @Dirk Diggler, @Lakita , @Jabroni and myself should do (reading over the CS's it looks like we'll all be pretty close). And how I think we could meet either @Savagai , @bottlecap along the way. Coming in the next post in about 30 min- hour.

I'm up in the air about @noremac & @Crucified Fear . Where do you guys see yourselves starting? Noremac, are you currently at sea? Crucified, is Kael still in Kildra? There's also still @Lord Zanicus & @JustJazzy who are I'm sure hard at work on their CS's who we can wait to see where they would like to start (& who they are)
Sounds good, I suppose this is where the interesting dynamic between Arturia and Kira will begin to reveal itself?

Robyn Banks] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/26922-zuka/ said:
@Zuka[/URL] @too much idea @LeSoraAmari
I do think our characters will get along famously, TBH. xD

Robyn Banks]I shall do that ASAP. [/QUOTE] Thank you for your hard work! [QUOTE="Crucified Fear]@KingAdrock [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/26922-zuka/ said:
@Zuka[/URL]
Zuka and I were talking about there possibly being a meeting in a tavern, I guess in Roadalia, and Kael stumbling in doing his drunkard thing with all the pretties.
Oh shit, so maybe Kael becomes some kind of hired help? That be hilarious and interesting. The meeting would have to be in Kildra a little bit later on after the events of Roadalia (because there's no way Kael is getting in Roadalia, and why would he want to? there is nothing enticing there right now. You don't find people going to Roadalia) Roadalia is going to be having some crazy events that may force some of our Holy Knights outside of the country looking for help, maybe that's when they stumble upon Kael and vice versa. Also, our characters would at least know of each other, having fought in the same war. Going to be interesting when they both meet.

Lakita said:
That would be fine but my character doesn't really have money to hire a guide! I don't know what else she could offer lol.
Also she might consider it a liability to keep Vance around if she knows people are tracking him (which she doesn't, having spent 99% of her life in the woods) which will be interesting in the future.

I also think it might be better to have them in the same caravan, perhaps with some filler NPCs that get hurt/killed in the process. It might give her more incentive to stick with Vance to see someone get killed in front of her (get her used to the severity of the situation).
She's from the Lawless Lands? So she has some, shall we say, street smarts? Maybe she cons Vanse. Tells him she has money she doesn't have/knows people she doesn't that could hide him out. Maybe she internally wrestles with it throughout their journey. She knows how dangerous the Lawless Lands are and she imagines there will just as dangerous places in the other countries she must travel. She probably doesn't want to brave that alone in foreign countries she's never been to. They could definitely be in the same caravan, that's a better idea. Dirk said he was thinking about having Vanse disguised in merchant robes so she could mention that.

@Jabroni So Dania is a huntress from Libertia correct? Have you given any thought to what you want her to be doing in the beginning? @Lakita character is definitely going to want to go to Libertia to find a cure for her father.

@KingAdrock Do you have a deadline for any lore to be submitted? I still need to do the lore for Irae and the Vanguard Family :3 (I'll get it all done tonight)

LeSoraAmari said:
@KingAdrock Do you have a deadline for any lore to be submitted? I still need to do the lore for Irae and the Vanguard Family :3 (I'll get it all done tonight)
Not at all. I want us to be adding all kinds of lore during IC as inspiration and ideas come to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back