• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Awakening - Zombie RP (In the Eyes of the Undead)

ScreamsOfSilence

ᘺᖺᓵᔚᖰᕧᖇᕨᖇ ᓌᖴ ᔢᓲᒫᕨᘘᘹᕨ
Hello everyone. I wanted to bring to you an idea I've had for a roleplay for quite some time, but never got around to actually writing it out. I hope for the first roleplay I've done in forever, you guys will like the idea and be interested in joining!

Unlike most zombie themed ideas, mine is in the eye of the flesh-eaters themselves, rather than the survivors. Your character died trying to fight off the undead horde. They turn you into one of them, a vicious monster.

However, weeks later you regain consciousness, as if coming back to life. But no, you're dead. You remember the way they tore into you, their rotten, yellow teeth sinking into your skin, the agonizing pain. If you are a zombie, how can you have memories of your past? How are you able to move and think as you wish?

You're not a zombie.

You're an awakened.

You look like them, you smell like them, and like them, you have no heartbeat, no organ in your body works. Except your brain. The thing is, the virus reacted in a way that, instead of taking over your brain and turning you into a zombie, it does the opposite. The virus repowers your brain, so instead of becoming a mindless undead, your brain doesn't think you've ever died to begin with. This is why you still retain your memories. This is why you can still speak.

You now roam in the midst of the undead, conscious of your surroundings, and must figure out a way to survive in this apocalyptic chaos without being recognized as being different than the regular members of the undead.

I've not quite come up with a specific plot and how our characters shall interact, but if you are interested and have ideas, I'm opened minded.

Last edited by a moderator:
SilentWhisperer said:
Hello everyone. I wanted to bring to you an idea I've had for a roleplay for quite some time, but never got around to actually writing it out. I hope for the first roleplay I've done in forever, you guys will like the idea and be interested in joining!
Unlike most zombie themed ideas, mine is in the eye of the flesh-eaters themselves, rather than the survivors. Your character died trying to fight off the undead horde. They turn you into one of them, a vicious monster.

However, weeks later you regain consciousness, as if coming back to life. But no, you're dead. You remember the way they tore into you, their rotten, yellow teeth sinking into your skin, the agonizing pain. If you are a zombie, how can you have memories of your past? How are you able to move and think as you wish?

You're not a zombie.

You're an awakened.

You look like them, you smell like them, and like them, you have no heartbeat, no organ in your body works. Except your brain. The thing is, the virus reacted in a way that, instead of taking over your brain and turning you into a zombie, it does the opposite. The virus repowers your brain, so instead of becoming a mindless undead, your brain doesn't think you've ever died to begin with. This is why you still retain your memories. This is why you can still speak.

You now roam in the midst of the undead, conscious of your surroundings, and must figure out a way to survive in this apocalyptic chaos without being recognized as being different than the regular members of the undead.

I've not quite come up with a specific plot and how our characters shall interact, but if you are interested and have ideas, I'm opened minded.
i have thought of SOMETHING like this but got scared to post it.

i like your idea. like... A LOT

GoldenCharizard4 said:
i have thought of SOMETHING like this but got scared to post it.
i like your idea. like... A LOT
Great minds think alike, haha! I shall work on a plotline tonight then!

I am absolutely interested. Also I would like to ask. Are all zombies the same? I mean, aren't there zombies with special mutations? The virus could have different effects, as proven by our characters being awakened,.

I've a few questions.

1. What happens if the undead find out we're different?

2. What is the goal of the rp? Are we going to be zombies with cognitive brains or are some of us going to be crazed like the zombies in, "Night of the living dead". Where the zombies actually feel pain and can only alleviate their suffering through the consumption of brains.

3. What role will human players have in this rp? I'm sure as conscious living dead, that's a good chance to act out the interactions between normies and awakened zombies.

CrimsonEclipse said:
I am absolutely interested. Also I would like to ask. Are all zombies the same? I mean, aren't there zombies with special mutations? The virus could have different effects, as proven by our characters being awakened,.
I was actually just writing out a few other mutations that the virus has! Sometime tomorrow I'll post a much more thorough overview, including a list of terms and types of mutations along and such. Glad you are interested. :)

[QUOTE="Bacon is fluffy]I've a few questions.
1. What happens if the undead find out we're different?

2. What is the goal of the rp? Are we going to be zombies with cognitive brains or are some of us going to be crazed like the zombies in, "Night of the living dead". Where the zombies actually feel pain and can only alleviate their suffering through the consumption of brains.

3. What role will human players have in this rp? I'm sure as conscious living dead, that's a good chance to act out the interactions between normies and awakened zombies.

[/QUOTE]
Well, if the undead find out we are different, then they will attack us. Though, this would only happen on rare occasions, such as speaking in the presence of them or showing pain from wounds that occur as an awakened.

Which brings me to your second question, which I was thinking a little bit of both.

And, to be honest, I hadn't thought of the humans role in this rp, but I am really glad you brought it up! Maybe some people can play the role of "normies" and others "awakened."

I can suspend my disbelief to a point,but if the awakeneds can feel pain, how are they going to function in the first place if they're walking around with excavated chested and missing limbs? It doesn't make sense for them to feel pain in their undead state unless you planned on having some npc's outrightly die due to not being able to sustain their pain? That could add an element of insanity to the awakened and maybe a way to kill a few roleplayers off.

but if not, it's a huge plot hole.

Also glad you are being thorough. I look forward to what you come up with. If you want, I can keep churning out ideas or angles or just sign up and play once it's ironed out. The idea is really cool,but I don't know how to do it myself. I would be cliche and be really afraid of being like that warm bodies movie.

I hate that warm bodies movie lol

[QUOTE="Bacon is fluffy]I can suspend my disbelief to a point,but if the awakeneds can feel pain, how are they going to function in the first place if they're walking around with excavated chested and missing limbs? It doesn't make sense for them to feel pain in their undead state unless you planned on having some npc's outrightly die due to not being able to sustain their pain? That could add an element of insanity to the awakened and maybe a way to kill a few roleplayers off.

Also glad you are being thorough. I look forward to what you come up with. If you want, I can keep churning out ideas or angles or just sign up and play once it's ironed out. The idea is really cool,but I don't know how to do it myself. I would be cliche and be really afraid of being like that warm bodies movie.

[/QUOTE]
That movie was horrible. Ugh.

[QUOTE="Bacon is fluffy]I can suspend my disbelief to a point,but if the awakeneds can feel pain, how are they going to function in the first place if they're walking around with excavated chested and missing limbs? It doesn't make sense for them to feel pain in their undead state unless you planned on having some npc's outrightly die due to not being able to sustain their pain? That could add an element of insanity to the awakened and maybe a way to kill a few roleplayers off.

[/QUOTE]
My thought was that any injuries received following the transformation into an Awakened would be felt, but pain itself would be much more tolerable than one feels as a human. Anything before the transformation, such as when you are attacked by the zombies, cannot be felt.

Thanks so much for the help and for asking questions, as it helps both others and myself know exactly what's going to happen. I'm extremely glad you guys show interest in my idea, and I hope I can produce a plot better than that of "Warm Bodies" haha.

What do you guys think: instead of waking up in the middle of a horde of zombies, you wake up in a highly secured underground laboratory where humans who are still alive are running tests on you to see why the virus works differently in your bodies than other zombies. The problem with this idea though, is, how do these humans know that you are different? Maybe, unlike zombies, you don't rot. And they capture you during the 3 week "limbo" period because they notice that you are different?

Both seem plausible yet the latter of the two is a bit over used. The laboratory part I mean.

*crawls out of Stone's backpack*

Hai Stoner ❤️ Hai everyone else ✌️ This is a pretty good idea-I'm interested

[QUOTE="Of the Red]*crawls out of Stone's backpack*
Hai Stoner ❤️ Hai everyone else ✌️ This is a pretty good idea-I'm interested

[/QUOTE]
-scrambles around trying to close said backpack- FYI I don't do drugs!

SilentWhisperer said:
My thought was that any injuries received following the transformation into an Awakened would be felt, but pain itself would be much more tolerable than one feels as a human. Anything before the transformation, such as when you are attacked by the zombies, cannot be felt.
Thanks so much for the help and for asking questions, as it helps both others and myself know exactly what's going to happen. I'm extremely glad you guys show interest in my idea, and I hope I can produce a plot better than that of "Warm Bodies" haha.

What do you guys think: instead of waking up in the middle of a horde of zombies, you wake up in a highly secured underground laboratory where humans who are still alive are running tests on you to see why the virus works differently in your bodies than other zombies. The problem with this idea though, is, how do these humans know that you are different? Maybe, unlike zombies, you don't rot. And they capture you during the 3 week "limbo" period because they notice that you are different?
I like the second idea but I think that letting breaking out be a possibility would let the scientists scramble around and possibly they find you at some later point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back