• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic AWAKEN: Second Generation ((Reboot))

Vic:
He blushed a little when she actually held his hand, not actually expecting her to do so, willingly at the most. Her hands where warm compared to his making him realise it was probably because he'd been standing in the same spot for a while, a cold spot non the less. He smiled warmly at her responce and thought about her question. 'where would we go? Still a little hard to see...' "W-why d-don't we g-go straight? M-maybe we'll find s-something? I-if not I G-guess we walk a-around until w-we find something..." He suggested, still thinking of which ways to actually go since it was still kinda hard to see things.

AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Aoi looked behind her to face him before she replied with "That would be great! though I wonder who we should meet first...." Once Aoi realized she had completely forgot about his question about her favorite food Aoi quickly replied with
"Strawberry yogurt is the best! I know, It's a pretty weird choice, but it's a good snack, What's yours?"

Her neck already felt strained so Aoi turned her head and decided to just listen to the young man speak. His flamboyant voice was an energetic and yet relaxed tone that felt nice on the ears. He seemed like he could be a good friend she could hang out with.
HiNoChi HiNoChi

Attached File

Tatiana Llacer

image.jpg

Interacting: Midnight2902 Midnight2902
Located: Dark Room with everyone else
Mentioned: N/A

She nodded "Sounds like a plan, plus! If we walk m into a wall we can just follow it to a door. Full proof." She smile as they walked ahead forward, hand in hand. It was only a few steps when they encountered their first obstacle, well she did. It was just a weird...gnome thing in her path but sometimes walking through them makes it worse. “Oh ummm...just..” Tatiana pulled Bic to go to the side a little to walk around the strange hallucination. He couldn’t see it of course, she must look bonkers to him...maybe she was... a pit of worry about his reaction made her stomach queasy. Her hands started to shake in the anitcipation of a negative response. Her eyes stayed to the floor as they continued past the freaky mind gnome thing. She could hear it...hear it hiss as they passed....sometimes the bad ones never go away despite how happy she is..or was that moment ago. “Sorry I didn’t want to step on it...I um...see things...” she looked away and bit her lip to keep herself from bursting into a fit of agonizingly worried tears and hopes this moment of weirdness from her didn’t just ruin it all...

ERYM RYKER - 2290

latest

Name: Erym Ryker

Birthdate: 02/13

Mutation: Psychometry - When he touches an object he can learn aspects regarding it's past - where more recent aspects such as previous ownership or uses would be easier to determine, while ancient artefacts and their purposes would be almost impossible without further training. The stronger the personal bond between the object and the previous owner, the greater amount of detail her might be able to garner about said previous owner or user.

Curse: He is unable to recognise people unless he makes physical contact with them. Thus, he could be speaking to his greatest enemy or best friend - but without making contact he would not be able to tell them apart. He knows that some people obviously exist outside of himself, and he would be able to describe them to someone else - but he would not be able to find them within a crowd. He can use things like clothing or trinkets that some people always wear to try and figure out who is in front of him, but if someone took or stole said things, he would not be able to realise that the wrong person is wearing them - unless he makes physical contact with them. Beyond this, he also finds it hard to remember people while not touching them, and should he not be in contact with anyone for a few days - his memories of people begin to blur - and he might start to literally feel like he is the only real person in the world. This is not entirely bad, as to a point he can't remember anyone else ever having existed - so he can't miss them.

Favorite Color: Gray

Favorite Food: Sushi - Salmon Roses, paired with a Single Grain Cape Mountain Whisky
Favorite Animal: Goldfish
Hobby: Playing the piano and reading books
Sexual orientation: Sapiosexual - He needs to know someone very well, and they need to show a level of awareness and interest within the world for him to consider them in a romantic light. As such... he has been rather lonely... not that he notices.
Partner: N/A

What is your ideal partner?
(while sitting next to the interviewer, holding her wrist) I suppose, whoever they are they will have to be independent and secure enough within themselves to not require constant affection and doting on my part - considering... (glances down at where he is holding her wrist) It's not like I do not want... someone. I can understand loneliness. Especially now when I am speaking to you. But romance can't be casual for me. I just don't feel it when I do not know a person. So they will have to understand that I will care for them utterly and completely whenever we are together, but when we are apart - I will not have the luxury of missing them, or message them or buy them considerate gifts. Sometimes I feel like that would be too much to ask of someone. Perhaps it would be best if I just... don't bother.

What's your last memory?
I do not remember anything concrete. I can't remember anyone from before. At most I remember a greyish mist... I am not sure it is imagined or not. A large void filled with quiet nothing - as though I am in a large room, previously filled with bright memories that are now removed, lost... gone.

Do you agree with the scientist?
Who?

Which uniform do you want A, B, or C?
B

Erym saw her raising a gun and popped his fingers in his ears. It did not do much to dull the sound, but he had very little experience to go on when it came to weapons and gunfire. When the shot rang out and filled the room, he jolted slightly - instinctive shocks that came from unfamiliarity - before he noted her suddenly crumpled form, as she leaned down slightly - her rather formal posture suddenly compromised. He rose a brow at this - waiting for her to quickly recover and take another shot - and frowning lightly when his expectations were not met.

What could be wrong with her? A sudden bout of discombobulation? Malnourishment? Probably not. She was not the sort to undermine her own physical reserves. Most likely contextual. Most likely triggered from the firing of the gun? She seemed fine before... and there was very few sound triggered physical responses like this. Perhaps it was psychosomatic? An underlying behavioural tick activated by a traumatic experience? PTSD? Would make sense. The willingness to partake in the triggering exercise could hint at some sort of internal suppression of memory. Another reasonable clue that this was trauma.

While his mind ran a hundred miles a minute, he did not move to help her. His face remained impassive as he looked at her struggling to compose herself. She was strong enough - and would most likely find an offer of aid offensive. Considering that her mind might not be stable - he supposed it better to stay away from her while she had a gun close to her. "Shall we make our way to the medical bay? I would hate for you to not be at your peak, lest you... I believe the phrase was... Drag me down? Right?" He decided to maintain the tone from before - he supposed that sass would be less offensive than pity. At least to her.

Besides - now they might get to interact with this elusive doctor. Perfect. Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez

Avelino chuckled, it felt wonderful just to gat with her. Especially with this confusing situation. He was subsonciously excluding the fact of his missing family, he couldn't think about or he might… Break. So a cheery talk felt good, it took his mind off of it. He couldn't see a thing on the room so he decided to find an exit. They had to do something, right? He wandered towards the voices and sighs playfully,
"Well I would suggest a few names if I knew any. But I can hear people around, I think we're all trying to find a way out of this dark room."
He kept forward, careful not hit anything. He was carrying important cargo now so he can't risk crashing. He though he sensed another person's presence bext to him, but hell if he could tell. Everyone was talking to their partners anyways. Maybe they'll bump into a pair sooner or later. He thought about what he really liked most of all, his head still a little blurry. But he recalls a memory of eating a certain dish in a restaurant he liked. That was probably his favorite food. He smiled,
"Not weird at all! Yogurt is a good choice, good for you. My favorite is probabaky that raw fish dish, I think it was called sashimi? My head is so blurry. But with lots of rice too!"
What a cliche he was, liking fish with water powers. Maybe he should've said a spicy pepper, change things up. But no use in it now. Avelino squinted his eyes as he groaned,
"Years into the future and they couldn't figure out how install some lights?"
As if in cue, he bumped into a wall. Damn it! And he trried so hard to find the exit. Luckily he was going at a slow pace so that no one was injured but he still panicked,
"Who put the wall there?! Are you okay?"

SheepKing SheepKing

He figured maybe he was speaking to fast, that always seemed to be a habit. Always wanting to rush things, not on purpose but out of habit. He attempted repeat what he said but now his own speed got to him and he couldn't remember exactly what he said, his brain was thinking pretty quickly. Maybe she could slow him down, show him to take things in nice and slow but until then he would be the same old quick to blabbermouth Yuki. "My name is Yuki Shimizu and its nice to meet you." He said simply. "Hopefully we can get to know each other better." He gave a soft smile to show that he was harmless.

doneanddusted doneanddusted

Aoi had her legs kicked out in the wheel chair. Luckily the foot rests stopped her from actually bumping into the wall. She did even notice it until now and squinted to try and make it out a bit more. Once Aoi straining her eyes ended up in vain, she gave a hearty laugh before saying.
"I'm just a bit spooked, you didn't crush my legs or anything like that.
Oh! You mentioned sashimi? I've had it a few times and I can see how you would be the type to like it!"

Aoi looked through her mind before finding a satisfactory topic she could talk about. Now holding her stubs a bit closer to her body, Aoi decided to ask,
"So, Whada you think the rest of the place is like? I think or atleast I hope they won't have us constantly wander in the dark like blind mice. I forget where did he say we were?"

If the old man who gave the speech mentioned anything about their location besides them heading to the new world, Aoi completely missed out on it. Thinking that's important information to not remember, she decided to ask Avelino. He seemed like the type who would be better at listening.
HiNoChi HiNoChi

He said his name again. Shimizu. Shimizu. Shi... Shimizu. Shimizu. She didn't want to forget that name. She hated forgetting. She hated forgetting. And yet the name was starting to fade. Names faded the fastest. Then sounds. Images. Words. Meanings. Emotions. Until all she was left with was nothing. A pit. A missing piece of a puzzle. An uncomfortable hole in her heart. The ma- Shimizu smiled softly, and Yuki avoided looking uncomfortable. That wasn't what she meant by repeating what he said.

"I-Is dat wu-wua-what the ca-car-carr-card said?" Yuki asked.

The hurricane had dissipated. Instead, the winds that were the couples of people were parting, going to unknown places.

"Wu-Wu-Wu-Whe-Wheh is efe-fu-fu-everyone gooooing?" Yuki asked.

Could they leave, too? She wanted to leave.

Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal

Icarus slams her fist into the railing and shouts "what is wrong with me! That...thats never happened before! I'm gonna tear each of those scientists apart until one of them tells me what they did!" She was furious and rightfully so. They had told her of her even more enhanced reflexes and tactical thinking but they never told her of the downside. She was susceptible to loud noises. Icarus collects her composure again before beginning to storm off to the science lab. A faint glance at her face would reveal she had some tears going down her face.

A L M O S A L M O S

He looked around for his partner, he was looking for Tsukabi, she was number 6500 according to his card. He looked around for the girl in the picture, finally he found her. So this was his partner? He had to be the luckiest guy on the ship, at least as far as looks go. He then looked at her. He decided to approach her with a handshake. "My name is Clyde. We have been selected as partners. It is nice to meet you." He felt awkward, this was like an arranged marriage. But it could go well, and he would do everything to make it go well.

Avelino chuckled wholeheartedly and scratched his head nervously, honest mistake. He was glad that he didn't do any more damage to her legs, that's the last thing he would ever want to do. He puffed his cheeks at the comment, was he that transparent? Now he felt like he was predictable, and wouldn't that be too boring? Being fresh and new would be nice, but in their case, it was a step too far. Sure, a change in surroundings did wonders, but not a completely different time. In fact... Wouldn't that just do harm?

Ignoring that thought he sweated a bit at the question, like a kid who forgot the test during class. He scanned his memory from top to bottom for any information about their location, he remembered what the scientist said he knows he heard it but at the same time he couldn't quite remember what he had said. That was the problem. Why was his memory being so faulty? Maybe it was being frozen, after all, he had never been frozen alive before. There was something about training... Protecting themselves... Wait, what kind of scrap were they in? He looked around once more in a panic and noticed the windows, at first he just thought it was night but after a little more inspection... Were they...? No, they couldn't be in space. That's not possible. Then again, it is the future, but why of all places were they in space. Unsure of how to respond, he stammered for answer and decided to keep quiet on his realization as he didn't want to startle her,

"I'm not too sure. But I do hope there some water at least, and maybe it's... Like an amusement park maybe? That's my hope anyway, colorful and fun. I remember the Doc who talked before said something about protecting ourselves."

He bit his cheek, unsure of whether it was wise to say that to Aoi. If she was feeling what he was trying to hide, then this would be the worst news to get. Needing to protect yourself in a foreign place away from family, the worst news to give someone after they woke up suddenly. He quickly tried to pick up the mood,

"I-I'm sure it'll be okay, let's just find the exit. This room is giving me the willies, plus we can see each other better in a lit hallway."

Avelino backed up and trailed one hand on the wall to follow it as he pushed Aoi's wheelchair with his other, slowly as to avoid crashing into more walls.

SheepKing SheepKing

Vic:
He looked at her slightly confused "Y-You can see t-things? I-in this sort of d-darkness? " he asked still slightly confused. He looked around them and couldn't seem to see much at all besides some figures of the other people there and the only clear thing was his hand and Tatiana who clearly looked spooked, but by what? That was unknown. He didn't know what else to do but hold her a little closer to him to calm her down and began to walk again.

AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Tsubaki stared at his for a moment before taking it. Slowly shaking his hand. She was unable to see any features on his face as her vision had flipped to Infared but she was actually happy that someone finally approach her.

"..Ah I see Hello Clyde...I'm Tsubaki...forgive me if I can't look at you in your eyes I would....if I could find them" she was embarrassed to even really talk. "Urh....yeah that's me...Tsubaki Báthory....or 6500 if you want to call me..."
She used her legs to get back into a standing position

Countryrps Countryrps

He then pivoted her head saying, "Even if you can't see my eyes, your looking at them now. Also I can see your eyes, and they are beautiful." Really, man really already an extra cheesy pickup line, are you serious right now! He felt ashamed of himself.

Kai grabbed her shoulder from the back “Leila?” He hoped it was her because the last four girls he grabbed punched him. “I’m 2678 Kai Kaga,” Kai had many questions and wanted to know if he partner felt the same way. It they were in a very peculiar situation.

Leila jumped slightly as a boy grabbed her. Heart thumping against her ribcage, she turned around to face him. "Yes, I'm Leila, 3122." She smiled at him, though it was still difficult to see. "It's nice to meet you Kai, do you want to go somewhere to talk.. or something?" She asked, hoping to get the awkward 'let's get to know each other' phase over and done with.

AlmighTy AlmighTy

Tsubaki blinked several times in a row until her vision flickered over to Ultraviolet light so she suddenly sees all the detail. Her eyes widen for a split second then relaxes. Then she raises her eyebrow.

"Wait...was that a....pickup line...hahaha your gunna have to do a lot better than that." She slightly laughs and nervously messes with her hair.

"Oh..should be doing something? I am unsure......" She questions as she realized that her own vision caused her to become oblivious.

Countryrps Countryrps

Attached File

Tatiana Llacer

image.jpg

What I see...isn’t real...and the things I hear aren’t either.....” She looked away, but was gratful for the comforting closeness. Telling people about the hallucinations was always hard...but since Vic was her partner...telling him was going to happen sooner or later. Guess the hallucinations made her pick sooner. Tatiana was in a mix of both really positive feelings from his calm reaction and sticking closer to her and at the anxiety of what ifs and her own fears of telling him about the things she saw. “It’s um...just what I have to live with now I guess...they don’t get too bad if I’m in a good mood...but..when I feel bad...I see bad things..”

He rubbed the back of his hair, "Its not a a pickup line, it the truth!" A smile appeared on his face. "I am craving icecream, I haven't had any since 1998 and I am ready for some!"

ERYM RYKER - 2290

latest

Name: Erym Ryker

Birthdate: 02/13

Mutation: Psychometry - When he touches an object he can learn aspects regarding it's past - where more recent aspects such as previous ownership or uses would be easier to determine, while ancient artefacts and their purposes would be almost impossible without further training. The stronger the personal bond between the object and the previous owner, the greater amount of detail her might be able to garner about said previous owner or user.

Curse: He is unable to recognise people unless he makes physical contact with them. Thus, he could be speaking to his greatest enemy or best friend - but without making contact he would not be able to tell them apart. He knows that some people obviously exist outside of himself, and he would be able to describe them to someone else - but he would not be able to find them within a crowd. He can use things like clothing or trinkets that some people always wear to try and figure out who is in front of him, but if someone took or stole said things, he would not be able to realise that the wrong person is wearing them - unless he makes physical contact with them. Beyond this, he also finds it hard to remember people while not touching them, and should he not be in contact with anyone for a few days - his memories of people begin to blur - and he might start to literally feel like he is the only real person in the world. This is not entirely bad, as to a point he can't remember anyone else ever having existed - so he can't miss them.

Favorite Color: Gray

Favorite Food: Sushi - Salmon Roses, paired with a Single Grain Cape Mountain Whisky
Favorite Animal: Goldfish
Hobby: Playing the piano and reading books
Sexual orientation: Sapiosexual - He needs to know someone very well, and they need to show a level of awareness and interest within the world for him to consider them in a romantic light. As such... he has been rather lonely... not that he notices.
Partner: N/A

What is your ideal partner?
(while sitting next to the interviewer, holding her wrist) I suppose, whoever they are they will have to be independent and secure enough within themselves to not require constant affection and doting on my part - considering... (glances down at where he is holding her wrist) It's not like I do not want... someone. I can understand loneliness. Especially now when I am speaking to you. But romance can't be casual for me. I just don't feel it when I do not know a person. So they will have to understand that I will care for them utterly and completely whenever we are together, but when we are apart - I will not have the luxury of missing them, or message them or buy them considerate gifts. Sometimes I feel like that would be too much to ask of someone. Perhaps it would be best if I just... don't bother.

What's your last memory?
I do not remember anything concrete. I can't remember anyone from before. At most I remember a greyish mist... I am not sure it is imagined or not. A large void filled with quiet nothing - as though I am in a large room, previously filled with bright memories that are now removed, lost... gone.

Do you agree with the scientist?
Who?

Which uniform do you want A, B, or C?
B

Erym frowned at her crying. Did she blame the scientists? Perhaps this was a side effect of her abilities? That could be it... it just... seemed so unfair. She could not shoot a gun... and he would never have a real relationship of any measurable value ever again. It is one thing to not be able to take part in one's favourite pastime, quite another to never have friends again. Then again, this seemed to be her whole life and might possibly be the only thing that gave it any semblance of meaning. He sighed, as he walked forward and held out a handkerchief - the paisley print a bit happy for the situation. "Here. Clean yourself up before we go to the medical bay. We can't have you seeming weak or vulnerable at this early stage. It reflects badly on the both of us." Shit. Even he knew that was a bit of a shit way to try and get her to relax.

"I can't imagine they would allow this level of paralysis in what might just be the only valid military unit within this facility. They will be working on some or other way to make sure you perform at peak performance. Not telling you this was most likely just a tool of them to shock you - leading to you realise how dependent you are on them... which will lead to them providing you with a solution which will make you indebted to them. Don't make the mistake of thinking any aid they offer you in this stems from mercy or benevolence." He looked her in the eye. It's not like he did not feel pity. But that was it. Pity for a stranger. Nothing more. They needed to develop a working understanding, something that he could recognise outside of personal interest.

Aoi could almost see Avelino go from a relaxed teen to a stuttering mess. She immediately felt a pang of guilt. Was it her question? Aoi wanted to smack her self for asking where they were. She could have brought up something in his mind that she had no idea about. Heck, right now if she wasn't high as hell on whatever they gave her to relax, Aoi would be in a corner ripping out her hair and would be a complete and utter mess.

Deciding to change the topic, Aoi practically searched every nook and cranny of her little mind to find something to talk about that wouldn't make him immediately think of her as an insensitive jerk.

"S-so, what do you use in your hair? Wait that's a weird question... I mean, uh it looks really healthy and stuff...."

All social skills Aoi had were immediately thrown into a trash, set on fire and then rolled down a hill. She never had really dealt this type of situation and it felt like each word she said was only making everything worse.

She was now searching everywhere in the room for even the slightest bit of light they could head towards.
HiNoChi HiNoChi

Vic:
He looked down a little at what she'd said but eventually looked back up at her with a small smile "I've r-read about s-something like that.... I think it w-was... Y-your mind plays tr-tricks on you, It makes you s-see and hear things that arn't t-there... b-but normally thats in a really quiet a-and really d-dark place. Though I-i believe you might have it a little worse?" he said trying to make a little more sense to it. But he shook his head and smiled warmly "I-I'm... probably wrong. B-but thank you for l-letting me know...W-why don't we k-keep looking for the d-door? ...I'll... a-ask you questions to get to k-know you better a-and... you can a-ask me a-anything, H-hopefully it'll distract you a little from the things you see and hear that are bad?"

AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Leila jumped slightly as a boy grabbed her. Heart thumping against her ribcage, she turned around to face him. "Yes, I'm Leila, 3122." She smiled at him, though it was still difficult to see. "It's nice to meet you Kai, do you want to go somewhere to talk.. or something?" She asked, hoping to get the awkward 'let's get to know each other' phase over and done with.

AlmighTy AlmighTy

EVERYONE READ THIS

Right before Kai could answer Amanda go on the P.A system "It's time for group assessment everyone meet in the virtual training room. When we arrive at the new work your first mission will be set out with your team, not your partner. Teams go by uniform I will read off a list Team A: Icarus, Karumi Sarimo, Leila Moore, Tatiana Llacer, Caterina Petrova, Yamamoto YukiTeam B: Aoi Takamaki, Clyde Emeraude, Avelino Dufresne, Erym Ryker, Yuki Shimizu, Jax Schmidt, Tsubaki BáthoryTeam C: Kai Kaga, Vic Herondale, Alan Turner.

Largest Team B Defense, Team A Rescue, and Team C Recovery.

Team B will hold off the enemy long enough for team A to rescue the hostages, and team C will replace any falling member and back up team B. This mission will be graded the higher your grade the more training pills you will get. The training pills allow you to use your power without the after-effects of a curse. If everyone passes you will receive a home cooked meal if you fail, you will get the nutrition pill that tastes like dirt.

Meal:

77bd2db9a90761ae21114c530e515e61baf37a71_hq.jpg

feast-log-horizon-s2-25.png

74c361857b44cb26d6ad5c9b2eedd10ef167b16d_hq.gif

The battlefield:

latest

Good luck." Amanda gets off the P.A

Kai smiles at Leila "I guess it's time for us to go... Whats your power if you dont mind me asking?"

Last edited:

Attached File

Tatiana Llacer

image.jpg

Her mouth opened to answer Vic with a smile deep gratitude as the PA system went off and they listened to Amanda’s words. “Oh...guess we’ll have to have that chat later...or” she smiled. “On our way to to the training room?” Tatiana giddily suggested there was a deepset disappointment at not having Vic on her team. Maybe this will be an opportunity to make some other friends? Think positive! If she thinks positive shee’ll see positive and then shee’ll hear positive and feel, positive! The strategy wasn’t full proof but it did help from time to time. “I did want to ask you...about your stutter..I think it’s a nice quirky part of you honestly.” Her hand squeezed his reassuringly. “But is it because of your powers? Like how my hallucinations are?”
She hoed that wasn’t a sore topic, but she was completely curious!

One single phrase entered Aoi's head, She was screwed. She hadn't gotten her prosthetics yet and all she would be able to do was roll herself wherever it didn't help that the battlefield would most likely have terrain her wheel chair wouldn't have a chance of moving in. Aoi would most likely be the one that would hold her team back and possibly cause them to be in last place.

Trying to keep her hopes up Aoi , before even letting Avelino get a chance to reply, said

"Guess we should head over huh, atleast we're on the same team tougether.."

Aoi couldn't even force her worries into the depths of her mind. She was tapping on the arm rest in anxiousness and she felt like her organs would explode in a gross mess.
HiNoChi HiNoChi

Leila tipped her head, listening to Amanda's announcement. Turning back to Kai, she nodded in agreement before shaking her head lightly. He probably can't see you dummy, words not head gestures. She chided herself silently. "Oh no, I don't mind.. It's kind of silly though." Leila said with a hesitant laugh. "I can recreate the image of anything I've seen. Or draw perfect blueprints just from the description of whats needed." She flashed him a smile as they walked towards the training grounds. "I guess we'll have to finish our talk later though. Seeing as we're on different teams."

AlmighTy AlmighTy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back