• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Avengers Academy (The Game) RPG Interest Check

Twist

Going round it to be honest
Hi, I've been playing Avengers Academy, a game based on Marvel characters learning to use their powers in a school set up by Nick Fury, and it is a lot of fun. So I was thinking of starting a RPG based on it, where we would play as the students (canon characters only please but you can be heroes or villains) and go about our studies. But these ain't boring ones as their would be a Robo Dojo, Quinjet Hangar, Asgardian Gauntlet, Club A, Blasting Range amongst a whole lot of others and I would be willing to take suggestions on some other places. Or you could try to uncover the secrets that Nick Fury's hiding as well as the other teachers (Odin, Hank Pym, Ares, Madame Hydra). I would also do special events, much in the vain of the game, where I would introduce characters and enemies to fight if people wanted too such as an alien invasion or rival school. 

Hey there, I'd be interested in playing Natasha and/or Tony.

Sure. You can probably be both. Try to think where you'd like study or hang out (I can list places for you if need be) and would you be interested in participating in the special events from time to time?

I love that game. Could we be characters that aren't in the game? And out take of it too? I'm just asking because I'd like to be Spiderman, and k haven't seen him in the game yet. I was thinking be could be a boy who ran away from home and changed his records with his smarts to make him appear to be high school age when in reality he's far tougher than everyone there.

I love that game. Could we be characters that aren't in the game? And out take of it too? I'm just asking because I'd like to be Spiderman, and k haven't seen him in the game yet. I was thinking be could be a boy who ran away from home and changed his records with his smarts to make him appear to be high school age when in reality he's far tougher than everyone there.

Yeah you could be anyone you want as long as their canon, hero or villain. So spiderman's fine as long as you are near enough high school age. What do you think about participating in special events every now and then? I can give an example if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure. You can probably be both. Try to think where you'd like study or hang out (I can list places for you if need be) and would you be interested in participating in the special events from time to time?

Yay :D Umm... I should probably mention that I have neither played the game nor heard of it before. I would be willing to watch a few gameplays on youtube after the first week of November if it would be necessary.

Hopefully it's not necessary to know the game because I'd really like to participate. Generally taking part in special events does sound tempting. So yup, would like that :)

Yay :D Umm... I should probably mention that I have neither played the game nor heard of it before. I would be willing to watch a few gameplays on youtube after the first week of November if it would be necessary.

Hopefully it's not necessary to know the game because I'd really like to participate. Generally taking part in special events does sound tempting. So yup, would like that :)

Nah you don't really have to know the game at all. It might be better if you don't know so you can be surprised at some of the revelations. Also the special events will be around other Marvel characters making appearances who will later become NPCs so their will be a few fights (like in all comic books) but as well as all that I was thinking in the special events would could think of different costumes/outfits to wear like for a Halloween event you could be a skeleton themed Iron Man or something along those lines.

Hey, I played the game when it came out but that was quite awhile ago..So I don't know if they are even part of it but I'd be interested in Jessica Jones and/or Loki maybe? :)  

Hey, I played the game when it came out but that was quite awhile ago..So I don't know if they are even part of it but I'd be interested in Jessica Jones and/or Loki maybe? :)  

Sure you can play as them but it doesn't matter too much if the characters are in the game, you can be anyone in the Marvel universe.

Yeah you could be anyone you want as long as their canon, hero or villain. So spiderman's fine as long as you are near enough high school age. What do you think about participating in special events every now and then? I can give an example if you want.

I'm down for special events. With Spiderman though, since Peter is typically younger than all the Avengers, I was gonna have him be middle school age, say 10 but he ran away from home to join the Academy. Since he isn't high school age, he provided false record saying that he was fourteen. Since he's super smart I figured he would pull it off. It'd be a cool idea of a character say, Black Widow found out but keeps it a secret for him.

I'm down for special events. With Spiderman though, since Peter is typically younger than all the Avengers, I was gonna have him be middle school age, say 10 but he ran away from home to join the Academy. Since he isn't high school age, he provided false record saying that he was fourteen. Since he's super smart I figured he would pull it off. It'd be a cool idea of a character say, Black Widow found out but keeps it a secret for him.

I think 10 might be a bit too young but he can definitely be a bit younger than the rest, enough to blend in.

I call Falcon!!!

Coolz, will probably start thinking about doing character sheets and the like soon. Hopefully if a few more people join, then this can definitely start :P

I think 10 might be a bit too young but he can definitely be a bit younger than the rest, enough to blend in.

Coolz, will probably start thinking about doing character sheets and the like soon. Hopefully if a few more people join, then this can definitely start :P

How about 12?

Hello folks! I've also never played Marvel University but would like to give this a shot. I was thinking of maybe playing as The Silver Surfer...but I'd most definitely would be willing to play someone else if he's not wanted!  :D

How about 12?

I was thinking 14 but 12-13 is good. Do what you feel comfortable with.

Hello folks! I've also never played Marvel University but would like to give this a shot. I was thinking of maybe playing as The Silver Surfer...but I'd most definitely would be willing to play someone else if he's not wanted!  :D

You can be the Silver Surfer just don't do anything too OP and play fair and it will be fine.

Can I put dibs on Venom please?

Sure. I'm planning to start the RPG Sunday so everyone try to get your characters up by then and if you know anyone who might be interested in joining, tell them soon. If you have any more questions and need help post here, or the OOC when I've put it up later. 

OOC is up now but feel free to post here as well until the RPG starts, then probably best to just keep it in the OOC,

@fanaticalferret That sounds awesome go for it. Just remember Canon characters, and there's a campus guide in Extra Pages so you get a better idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back