LegoLad659

Fairy Queen
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
Or profile pics, if you prefer.

So, I've been using the exact same avatar across all of my internet accounts everywhere for... About 10 years now. Mainly because I didn't really want to change it - It was, in my head, me, after all. It's stayed that way until recently, when I finally got tired of my avatar, and searched my head for ideas for a new one to use for a little while. And now here we are.

Except now it feels really weird not having Link and Zelda next to my posts xD And this got me thinking; Does anyone else get this feeling? Am I the only one who's held on to a picture as their defining avatar for so long? I'm just really strange, aren't I? Is there any point to this post at all?

Not really, actually. Just curiosity is all. Is this even a legitimate reason to make a post? ( O.o )

Anyway, what I'm also curious about is, for those who have held on to their avatar for years like I have, what made you pick that one to be yours? What connects you to it? Mine was because I love the Legend of Zelda series, so I wanted a picture that reflected that.

And for those who cycle through pictures, which one(s) is/are your favorite? How often do you change pictures? Do you have a set schedule, or just change it whenever you feel like you want something new?

Okay, I think I'm done now. That went on longer than I expected it to ( :P )

My avatars are a bit random and miscellaneous

Sometimes I just find pics I like, then sometimes I search for something specifically

Right now I have a pic of Sierra from Total Drama, I think she was in seasons 3 and 4? Eh I don't know details xD

I started rewatching Total Drama, and she's one of my favorite characters, so why not.

Hmmm~ my avatar always changes but it's always a fox. : P it's also always my own artwork so it's probably not as strange of a feeling for me when I change it as it is for other people.

As I tell people Rainbow Dash is my spirit animal. mostly for the play on words but genuinely like her design too. I pretty much to variations of her for my avatar and variations of the MLP characters in general for my cover

Falling in reverse is my absolute favorite band, so I've been using their symbol as my avatar for quite some time now, on a lot of different sites

I made mine and use it for everything from steam to youtube. Been using it and only it since I made it.

It's an accurate representation of me

Well being honest I more or less pick something that suits my fancy out of my picture folder. Been told im to picky when it comes to pictures which I find funny

Seeing as I always have an Avatar that is basically a selfie or one of my favorite pieces of literature I guess its something to get used too in terms of changing it frequently.

My username is based on one of my favorite OCs, and the avatar is some artwork I made specifically for the character way back when. It just so happens to be square and avatar-sized.

Well, my avatar can sometimes change, but its usually a mug shot of some kind of feathered dinosaur. Right now its a Yutyrannus, which is a meat eater that may or may not be related to T.rex, it lived in China, which was very cold back then, so it needed feathers for warmth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumble Fish]I only tend to have avatars of members of the Gorillaz band. Cause I'm obsessed I suppose ;n; [/QUOTE] The Gorillaz are neat my friend said:
christopher-pyne-1200-horizontal.jpg.b8daba6202a0015254f6faad12bf15fa.jpg
[/URL]

[/SPOILER]

Attachments

• christopher-pyne-1200-horizontal.jpg
    christopher-pyne-1200-horizontal.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 847083-9f7ee900-e933-11e3-873b-5e8c286cce93.jpg
    847083-9f7ee900-e933-11e3-873b-5e8c286cce93.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 116
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 2B539DFA00000578-0-image-a-4_1440036433448.jpg
    2B539DFA00000578-0-image-a-4_1440036433448.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 115
  • Christopher-Pyne.jpg
    Christopher-Pyne.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 112
  • external.jpg
    external.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 986596-5e95f86c-d4a1-11e3-a788-f9855f7e436a.jpg
    986596-5e95f86c-d4a1-11e3-a788-f9855f7e436a.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 113
[QUOTE="Bullet Tooth Tony]The Gorillaz are neat my friend, don't ever be ashamed of that.
I happen to have a personal love for Christopher Pyne, an Australian government minister who is the most photogenic person I have ever met, and one of the most hilariously incompetent to boot. Due to his seniority, there are hundreds of pictures, all of which could be used to react to someone or something.

View attachment 204996 View attachment 204997 View attachment 204998 View attachment 204999 View attachment 205000 View attachment 205001 View attachment 205002

Poor Christopher Pyne. I know almost nothing about politics, but I know he annoys people. I should start paying attention to the politics of my own country. Maybe. I'm kidding, I'm never going to do that.

[/QUOTE]

DazedandConfused said:
Poor Christopher Pyne. I know almost nothing about politics, but I know he annoys people. I should start paying attention to the politics of my own country. Maybe. I'm kidding, I'm never going to do that.
If you want more Christ Pyne, theres this:

[media]

[/media]
[media]

[/media]

[QUOTE="Bullet Tooth Tony]If you want more Christ Pyne, theres this:
[media]

[/media]
[media]

[/media][/QUOTE]
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I think I'll do both at the same time. (' :| )

I don't really have the same avatar on every website, but it's always, always the same thing : a black cat with greenish-yellow eyes.

My current icon was made especially for me : I actually ordered several black cat pictures from several artists and I can use them freely everywhere without minding about crediting, art stealing or whatever as, these pics having been ordered by me and paid by me, they belong to me and I have the authorization to use them.

So, yeah, I'm always represented by a black cat, even if it is not always the same pic.

I change my avatar at least once a week.

There's no pattern.

I just choose a random character from a random show that I watched at some random point in my life.

My avatar folder is huge.

This site is the only one for which I change my avatar picture more or less frequently. I'm the type of person that'll keep an avatar for years, but I haven't found one that's right for me on RPN yet. My current one is from one of my favorite childhood movies, Fantasia 2000.

Somebody on a different forum drew a personified version of my screen name for me. I loved the drawing, so I decided to use it as my avatar.

Typically I keep an avatar until I become bored with it or find something I like better. It all depends on my mood, really.

Well I have recently changed my policy. Used to be I was the many faces of Rainbow Dash - my spirit animal. But now I mostly just pick icons themed on what I'm currently into on the roleplay font.

For instance - Magical Boy Dick, whom combines my love of camp, magical girls, and dc comics all into one adorable smirk.

I don't really like to keep a coherent online identity so my avatars are always just random things I find aesthetically pleasing.

This avatar is a piece of artwork from the PS1 game Chrono Cross. I love tropical settings in games and even if a lot of the detail of this picture is lost in the cropping and small size, I still get a good feel for the water and the fish all around the character as he swims.

I recently just changed my avatar because I was sick of blue. I'm still sick of blue... *glances angrily around the site* So I just used the first picture that made me happy. I like to have the same avatar for as much as possible, but, I'm not doing much online anymore, so it's just here that I have my little kitty cat. (It's not actually mine... I found it on google :| )

Usually I'm using a video game character or symbol, like the Assassin's Glyph. This one just happened to be attached to the email account I used to register with, so I rolled with it. They guy, who looks like he's straight out of the music video for "Take On Me", is Kyle Hyde--the protagonist for the game Hotel Dusk: Room 215. He's just a normal dude, but one of the most real characters I've seen in the media.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back