• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avatar: Spirits Awaken

Riichi

"I'm not a prisoner!" Riichi snapped at the Avatar. "And you're too young to be the Avatar." Riichi attempted to stand up, but his body was wobbly. "I've got the situation under...control." At his last word the man collapsed once again. He was breathing hard clearly mad at his inability to take care of himself, but being the stubborn man he was, Riichi still refused to admit he needed help. "Go help someone else..." Riichi winced as he tried to steady himself upright.

"Seeing as Avatar Korra died 18 years ago, it doesn't seem all that implausible," Jeng retorted indignantly. After the man's second failed attempt at trying to help himself, Jeng finally decided he wasn't going to be able to get up on his own, and slipped his arm around the man's to help him up. "Believe me, old man, I've helped more people in the past 4 days than you'd care to count." With that said, Jeng lifted the firebender from the cold floor of the icebox, and walked back out into the room. "You take the lead, Opal," he addressed, "I've got my hands full here. Don't worry, I'll catch up."

@Flutterby, @NessieAlways

Nami

Nami watched as the guy put up a fight to be rescued.

"Just trust him. He's not to young, ya know? Remember Avatar Aang?"

She says, trying to comfort him. She was hoping to convince herself too.

Chi

"I don't know if I can Shing. I made some bad mistakes with my metalbending before. It's not the physical ability I'm worried about. It's the mental." Chi says as she looks over to him. She heard the Spirits claim on her being useless and she turned her head to the ground and closed her eyes. She had heard that same saying over and over again for most of her life. This time, it felt different.

Chi lifted her head up to the Spirit. "Lookie here Ms. Know-It-All. I wasn't stupid enough to get captured so that some 'stupid humans' as you would call them would have to come and rescue me. I know where I stand, but do you? Sure you're a Spirit but that doesn't mean you automatically get respect. Around here, you have to earn it. I'm not the useless one here! What do you do? Take power from humans who you claim are 'lesser'? Yeah right."

And with that Chi was up to the broken elevator and had her hands in the bending position. She was fired up. It was now or never, she needed to do it before reason and logic came back to her. After all, she just told off a spirit.

Chi raises her hands and closes her eyes.

You've got this. She tells herself and she opens her eyes to see the metal going up to the cable and morphing it's way across and through it and solidly attaching itself to the cable.

She feels herself beginning to panic.

Stay calm. Just breathe and attach it. That's all. She wraps the metal around and around and shapes it to the cable. Finally the thing was fixed. It wasn't so pretty, but it was fixed.

@The Suspicious Eye @Peaceswore @jamaicanviking @NessieAlways

Ina glared at him "humans caged me. Why would I believe that your kind would help spirits in anyway." She looked at Crystal and shook her head. "Young spirits like your friend there, haven't seen what your kind can do. I have." She crossed her arms, her ears twitched as she heard sounds coming from another tunnel. Humans, so many years I watched them. Until that day, that day when I interfered. Brother, didn't understand. The boy was special, he deserved to live. She snapped back into reality as Chi yelled at her.

She turned her head and hissed. "That was not always my job." She sighed and looked at the human girl. "I take care of the souls humans abandon. The ones that cannot pass over, because they are not taken care of. Like this one." The spirit floated over to her and glowed. "A human mother, died nearly ten thousand years ago. She was murdered and left for dead, by humans. No one mourned her, no one buried her, and no one remembered her." The spirt glowed faintly and floated around her head. "Her soul was left there, no reaper, no passer, no wayward stream. She was left to rot. Until I came and took her in. I take power from no one. My strength comes from something you wouldn't understand." She glared at the woman. "Besides, I was not captured by humans. I was holding up my end of a bet. And now it is complete."

She turned to Shing "How did you get down here anyway? You must have other members." Otherwise you would be completely useless She thought to herself.

@Peaceswore @Samevi @Wolfette157

(Meh, feels)

Shing let out a sigh as he looked at the spirit. "And can you say you spirits have never done anything wrong? Believe me I have a hatred to a lot of people as well." He said serious. He took a deep breath as images came into his head. He shook his head and looked at the spirit. "Yeah we have more, they should be here soon, if not I'm going to check on them." He said calmly as he petted crystal. 'People...I don't really know why I'm helping here...is it weird for someone to hate there own species?'

Chi heard Shing and the Spirit talking. She heard the tone in his voice and could tell he was pained by something. She felt sorry for him but now didn't seem like the correct type of time to say anything. Instead she just said,

"Guys, I think it's fixed." She says as she gestures to the elevator.

@Peaceswore @The Suspicious Eye

"In that I can agree with you." She hated spirits just as much as she hated humans, although she had a vendetta against specific spirits. The ones who exiled her to his world. She walked past Shing and made her way over to the elevator. She crossed her arms and looked at Chi, "You think, it's fixed?" She was genuinely impressed if it was fixed. She didn't know what would she had done if they weren't here. I could probably handle it.

@Peaceswore @Wolfette157 @Samevi

"Yeah..." Chi says meekly. "We should be able to use it now..." She backs up against the stone wall as she says this and closes her eyes. She felt more tired now, especially after letting her dark side out.

I showed her, didn't I. I'm not useless. If only all of Bas-Sing-Se knew that... And with that she is lost in the world of her own thoughts.

Opal stood back, panting softly as Jeng opened the cages. That last volley had been a little tiring. She nervously stepped toward the firebender, but when Jeng said they were ready to go, she didnt argue. The fighter looked at the waterbender, who seemed at least strong and conscious enough to play look out. “Stay on the other side of him and watch our tail." She ordered, pointing to the weak man. With that, she lead the way down the hall back towards the elevator, keeping her ears open.

Jeng began following Opal as she lead onward, carrying the man on his shoulder. The man wasn't terribly heavy, but the earthbender wouldn't be able to carry him out the tunnel (not that he expected to, given the firebender's tenacity.) His attention then moved to the other girl, and realized that he hadn't taken the time to know the former prisoners' names. "So, miss," he addressed, looking to the water tribe girl, "A girl like you must be a long way from home. You got a name?"

NAMI

Nami was walking behind the Avar as he was carrying the other prisoner just as the girl had said to do when she saw the Avatar turn towards her and adress her.

"Yes, Avatar. I do. My name is Nami, though most people around here don't call me by it." She says as she looks down, trying to be as polite as possible.

Shing let out a sigh and headed inside the elevator. "Well then let's go, I have faith this won't break." He said with a grin though he was trying to get himself to believe it. He hated going on things like this but he would never show it. "So then spirit, Chi ready to go? HEY JENG HURRY UP!!!" Shing suddenly shouted making his voice echo through the tunnel. He looked back at the two and shrugged. "What? I don't like being down here."

@jamaicanviking @Wolfette157 @The Suspicious Eye

"Well, it's nice to meet you Nami," Jeng said with a smile, "But please, call me Jeng. It feels weird being called Avatar so formally when I haven't even learned firebending yet." Just then, a loud yet recognizable voice resonated throughout the tunnels, telling him to hurry up. "Well, you'd take forever too if you had to lug around some old guy on your shoulder," the Avatar mumbled to himself. On that note, he then turned to the "old guy" and shot him a helpful grin. "And your name would be...?"

@NessieAlways

Ina held back a laugh and made her way into the elevator. She looked at Shing crossed her arms and smiled. "So you don't like tunnels? Well I don't mind if you all die in this elevator I'll take your souls so you won't be lonely." She grinned and then gave a dark chuckle. She was a spirit, she's been thorough enough that crashing in a elevator shaft wouldn't kill her. Horribly disfigure and possibly break, but she wouldn't die.

After a moment she looked at him "so who is Jeng?" She still didn't like them, intact she planned on killing them. However, it's nice to be informed on who I will be fighting. Her tail twitched in and her ears and nose perked up as new scents and sounds were coming her way.

@Peaceswore @Wolfette157 @Samevi @jamaicanviking @NessieAlways @too much idea

"Haha At least I won't be lonely since there will be no one to give a damn about me when I die." Shing said casually with a broad grin as Crystal laid on his shoulder. "And as for Jeng....um he is the newest Avatar." He said unsure how the spirit would take that. "Sadly the newest Avatar is really slow. I serious can't stand being here this long." He said as he kept shifting his positions.

Riichi

Being half dragged was humiliating, but no matter how badly Riichi tried to rip off of the Avatar's grip, he was too weak to struggle and stay up at the same time. For once, he let his ego diminish and allowed the Avatar to help. That's what he was there for anyway right, to help others. The thought of helping made him stop. "Wait," his voice was only a whisper. Riichi looked around trying to get the Avatar to stop when he realized for the first time there were others with him. The avatar was addressing the others, so Riichi felt a need to start formulating a plan to escape this group of lunatics. Lost in the midst of his plan, Riichi heard the avatar address him. He wanted to know his name, but Riichi began to be stubborn once more. "We have to go back." Riichi stopped moving pulling back and using his last bit of energy he had to fight back. "I have business to take care of."

Ina was surprised when he said the Avatar? "Really?! Wan's soul?..... I mean.... I see." She turned her head embarrassed, she didn't expect to find the Avatar down here and was now contemplating what to do. Maybe I can just climb through the elevator walls and avoid all of this. I mean the whole reason I am banished.... She shuffled her feet and began to move around nervously. He won't remember me that was 10 thousand year ago and he was no more than a child... The spirit began to glow bright white and she heard the avatar's soul was here. It twirled around the room and nearly burned a whole in the ceiling.

"Go back?" Jeng reiterated, giving the man an odd look. "Sir, we have to keep moving forward. My friends and I are waiting, and you're clearly in no shape to go back on your own." Despite the man's insistence, Jeng held his ground, and he continued onward. "Besides, you may be stubborn, but there's just no moving an earthbender, so stop making excuses and come with us." After a bit more walking, the group finally came across another connection to the other tunnel, and Jeng could see Shing and the others gathered at an elevator...along with, er, not-so-human company.

Jeng waved with his free hand, but as the boy approached the group he could see that there was quite a bit of burn damage done to the mineshaft's ceiling. "Ok, I leave you guys alone for 10 minutes and this is what happens?" He looked at the scorched ceiling, then at the spirit (whom seemed like the most conspicuous suspect.) "And who might you be?"

Riichi

"But I have to return. I haven't completed my mission yet." Riichi thought about the first reason he had been trapped in this hell hole to begin with and he wasn't about to walk away from it without his trophy. Still Riichi continued going through the tunnels with the Avatar. Protesting every step of the way. They were soon joined by even more people. Great...maybe if they get distracted enough I can sneak out... Riichi once again began planning his escape as the group approached the rest of the people and a spirit. A spirit? Maybe it knows where....

Ina looked at the new Avatar and then at his spirit. It was so strong and bright, it nearly blinded her. She could see the strength nearly wave over her and caused her to almost fall to her knees. Ten thousand years.... It was nearly yesterday I saw his soul for the first time. Now look at how much it's changed. Ina's ears swung back and low. A slight blush grew upon her cheeks as she spoke "I am merely a spirit seeking revenge. Nothing more...." Her voice made her sound like a young girl and not the hundreds of thousand year old spirit she had been. Her tail swayed behind her as she crossed her arms and tried to hide the embarrassment on her face.

She looked around at everyone and somewhat shouted. "Since we're all here can we please get this metal hunk moving. I have things to do."

(So FYI I'm making the reason she got banished is because she gave baby Wan food once as a child. Interfering in human affairs was against the laws so her brother and the rest of the spirit council stripped her of most of her powers and put her in the position she is in now. The spirit that she has with her is that of Wan's mother. There is no need to know this. It won't ever really be explained just thought you guys should know. Just like where the heck Zuko's mom is.)

Opal kept moving, scowling at Shing's shout. Thats a great idea, she thought bitterly. But even with the chatter behind her, she didnt turn. Her discomfort had grown every second of being there and by then she felt about ready to explode. She hardly noticed the others, just stared at the damaged elevator and dwelled on whether it was worth getting out to step on such a contraption. Even standing near to the spirit, she didnt react to its shouting. Although, she did completely agreed with its desire to leave.

Chi

Chi watched as Jeng came up with the Avatar and noticed how the spirit got all wobbly.

Finally someone who can put that thing in its place. She thought to herself. She noticed that Jeng was carrying a man who seemed not-so-happy with it and was followed by a lady in water tribe clothing and a simple brown braid.

More people? I hope the elevator will hold all of it... And she begins worrying that the job she did won't be enough and that it will kill them all. Just like it had with the old lady that she used to stay with. Memories of flames going up around her unsettled her and she tried to shake the imaginary flames away.

"Can we just go now?" Was all she was able to say.

Nami

Nami followed behind Jeng as he carried the man. She heard a voice echo throughout the tunnel calling Jeng's name.

Eventually they reached a room with an elevator and a bunch of people. There was an Earhtbender girl who clearly didn't look to comfortable and as though something was bothering her.

Perhaps it's just being in a cave this far underground... Nami decided to herself as her eyes fell onto an Earthbender boy who was standing there silently.

She then noticed a Firenation boy with shaggy dark hair and with a water spirit floating around him.

Strange.

Then she saw the spirit who seemed to be in a human form. The spirit seemed kind of wobbly and unsettled, but who wasn't down here it seemed.

Nami then turned to Jeng as he was carrying the guy and she spoke to the guy he was carrying.

"Listen hear sir. These people are trying to save us and get us away from this terrible place. I don't care what you think is going on but we don't have time to do anything else except for escape. So if you would please keep your mouth shut and be quiet it would be very much thanked. Now hush before the Masked Man gets here." Nami whispered the last part and hoped that the man's fear of the Masked Man was as great as her's.

@jamaicanviking @Flutterby @Peaceswore @Samevi @The Suspicious Eye @NessieAlways

((@The Suspicious Eye my page loaded and it showed your two eyeballs peering out of a rip in the screen picture thingie and I nearly had a heart attack lol))

Shing waited and was surprised when the spirit suddenly tried to burn a roof through the roof it caught him off guard but he didn't say anything. 'I would want to get out of here as soon as possible if I had been locked in.' He let out a sigh an saw Jeng, Opal and two new people arrive. "I didn't do it." Shing said when Jeng complained about the elevator. "I wouldn't cut the elevator while I'm still here, really that...hold on. That elevator was just fine when we used it earlier.... Well then... In case it's not obvious there is someone up there who I have a feeling doesn't like us. *sigh* Hurrah." He said sarcastically. "Anyone need healing? If not let's go. I agree with the spirit I got things to do."

Standing near the elevator, most of the bickering fell on Opal's ears without reaching her brain. But Nami's last remark worked its way in, causing her to turn and look at her. “Masked man?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. Sounds like the boss man to me, Opal mused with a glance at the damaged elevator. She turned to include the spirit in her gaze. “What can the two of you tell us about him?" She asked Nami and Ina quietly, talking underneath Shing's sarcastic voice.

Nami

Nami heard the girls remark about the Masked Man.

"Yeah, the Masked Man. He's kinda like the ring leader of all the smugglers. No one knows what he really looks like and he never talks. He communicated by writing notes."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back