• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avatar: Spirits Awaken

Chi rushes out of the tunnel and into the room when she sees that Shin and Shing had a good many of the guards engaged in battle. She sneaks along the edge of a wall to the cages in the back and bagina picking the locks with yet another hairpin from her hair. Now her hair was loose and in her face, but she hoped it didn't get in her way to bad. She picks the first lock of a cage and then the second then third still being unnoticed and then opens the cage. It wasn't until then that she was noticed because the door let out a screech. Flinching from the loud noise, Chi cautiously turns around and sees a good number of guards looking in her direction. A few pull up their bows and release 3 arrows in her direction, all of which she stopped with a wall of earth brought up from the floor. She peers around and sends 3 blocks of earth to the 3 archers who shot at her and knocks them down. Then she hears a voice yelling at someone to let it out. She was about to head in that direction when she sees Shing working on th bars.

Unsure of whether or not the spirit she just freed has left its cage or not, she tries to quietly walk over to the next. As she begins picking the lock, she sees a red blur come out of the cage she was just at and follows it with her head. The spirit was flying around, hopefully cheerful because it was set free and not in a blind rage to kill everything in its path.

Chi picks the second lock and then the last one and slowly opens the door to the one. She slowly lowers the wall that she had built around her for defense and rushes to the next one. As she runs, she feels the ground below her get soft and slippery and she quickly hardens it to look in the direction of the fight and find a Firebender and an archer working together. The Firebender lights the tip of the arrow as the archer knocks it, then releases. Chi dodges the attack just in time but feels the edges of her hair get singed. She shoots an earthball at the archer and Firebender, knocking them both to the ground. She goes to start walking again but finds her feet stuck in the ground from when she hardened it. She softens the dirt and begins moving to the next cage.

"I can attest to that," Jeng said with a nod, "Don't get me wrong, I love being around rocks. I don't, however, like them around me." He emphasized his last comment with a gesture to the tunnel surrounding them. As they neared the end of the tunnel, Jeng steeled himself for whatever they were going to face ahead, cracking his knuckles in anticipation.

As they entered the room, Jeng spotted a group of guards watching over two cages of prisoners. In order to avoid being spotted, he quickly dove behind a nearby crate, but he still peeked his head out to get a better look of things. One of the cages, however, looked like less of a containment unit and more of a refrigerator; presumably, it was being used to house an unruly firebender. However, the other cage was a simple metal one, which housed a young woman in Water Tribe attire. Jeng frowned empathetically at the sight; she was clearly miserable, and he would do everything in his power to set her free.

"Looks like we're on rescue detail after all," Jeng whispered, eyes darting between the various guards scattered about the room. He then looked to Opal, a determined look on his face. "I count at least 8 of these guys. How about this; I distract them, and you sneak up on a few of them while they're preoccupied?"

Opal slipped behind the crate next to him, looking at the scene in front of them with a scowl. “Spirits are bad enough, but a young girl? I cant imagine what she's been through.." She whispered, although after what the guard aboveground had said to her, she probably could. Four stood in front of the cages, supposedly watching the entrance but actually just socializing. Two others stood to the side of the ice box, the last to the side of the cage. “Go after the two by the girl, get the rest to look that way. I'll come from the other side." She instructed, indicating the guards he was to concentrate on and then the way she would come. “Just dont get hurt." She added, reaching out and giving his hand a squeeze before slipping away among the wall. There was enough cover to get halfway where she wanted and she crouched down, giving Jeng another nod. With any luck, I'll be able to go straight through from one side to the other and we can get out of here, she thought, waiting for Jeng's move.

Jeng nodded, crouching low and circling around towards the men guarding the cage. Thankfully, they didn't detect him, and he took up position behind a crate next to the cage, clinging to the surface. Being closer to the target, Jeng noticed that one of the men was wearing a pair of goggles, and a smile immediately crept onto the Avatar's face; clearly, they were made of glass, and that would make things quite a bit easier for him.

Reaching out slightly from behind cover, Jeng focused on the goggles' lenses and brought his hand back, which caused the eye-wear to suddenly yank outwards away from the smuggler's eyes. "Hey, what the--!" the guard exclaimed, before Jeng released his grip and snapped the goggles right back onto his eyes, coaxing a pained shout from the smuggler and causing him to clutch his face in reaction. While he was distracted, Jeng ran out of cover and stomped onto the ground, which sent a column of stone shooting up from under the other guard and caused him to launch up into the ceiling, crashing back down to the ground with a hard THWUMP.

Jeng then sent a slab from the pillar flying into the goggled smuggler's abdomen, which in turn sent him into the wall. He whistled to the other guards, who by that time were fully aware of Jeng's presence. "Good afternoon, gentleman! I'm Avatar Jeng, and I'll be serving as your entertainment in this fine establishment." He brought his hand up, procuring another pillar of earth from the ground which Jeng then proceeded to lean on tauntingly.

One smuggler wasn't amused by Jeng's wisecracking, and decided to come at him with a rather sharp-looking scimitar. This, however, simply provoked the Avatar into sliding his foot playfully across the floor, which in turn made a circular portion of the ground to spin beneath his attacker's feet. Jeng then immediately halted the spinning, which sent the guard launching into one of his comrades. Okay Opal, do your thing, Jeng thought, though he was having quite a bit of fun himself.

Opal watched and waited behind her barrel, holding back a giggle at Jeng's chosen method and his lighthearted antics. Once the guards on her side heard and began to move his direction, she crept out, silently pacing behind them. The first she hit twice, neck and lower spine, and he fell almost instantly with a muted thud.

At the sound, the other turned, but Opal was already there. A hand went over his mouth, muffling his shout, while the other hit his neck deftly. He whined into her hand, wobbling on his feet, until she jabbed his back and he turned into a noodle. The fighter turned, and sprinted toward the rest, using the wall of the ice box to get into the air.

Like a hawk, she swooped down on her prey, jabbing one in the spine and landing on the other. The first fell, the second let out a grunt as her weight brought his face to the floor. Opal caught herself on both hands and flipped, landing on her feet as the guard staggered up. She danced closer, on the ball of her feet, and put him down with a right handed jab to the ribs and a left to the kidney. For good measure, she hit his spine as he went.

Spinning to face the others, there was no way to surprise them now. Frustrated by that, Opal faced off with two of the remaining grunts. At least the odds had been evened a little.

Jeng smiled slightly as he watched Opal take down two other guards herself; it was rather graceful, the way she fought (though that was to be expected, given that she was a dancer.) Getting up off of his "perch," he ran over to assist Opal in taking out the remaining two guards. Jeng tossed a small pebble at one of the men, grabbing his attention away from Opal. Unfortunately, this also angered the smuggler even more than he already was, and he swung his sword furiously at the young earthbender. Jeng immediately brought up a chunk of rock to protect himself, however, and the blade instantly clanged harmlessly against the stone. Taking advantage of the smuggler's loss of momentum, the Avatar promptly socked him in the face in retaliation, sending the swordsman reeling back.

She looked at the cage as the bars were sliced in half. She smiled, are the bars are gone? Yes. She lifted her foot and kicked the rest of it. Invitation from a human? Rude, but lets hope it works. She slowly put her hand out the crackle of her bet was still there. "I am going to escape. For when the bars of a prison are gone, I am no longer a prisoner. I am a escapee.” She took one look at her bag and how limp it had gotten. If this doesn’t work, I will die. She took one look at her bag and how limp it had gotten. No, this loophole will work.

She closed her eyes and ran through the crackling energy. The pain was overwhelming, but she still made it through. She opened her eyes and looked around at the scene. She looked at her hands and tail. Then rushed over to her bag. Rapidly she opened it and looked inside the bag. There one lone soul wriggled in the bag. She smiled somewhat sadly as she took the soul from the bag. “My dear, thank you for staying, I am so sorry….soon you will have your family once again. A better family. A stronger family.” She let the soul go and it floated around her the power flowing through her body. She was ready.

“Hey Hot head! This is how it’s done.” She ran towards Shing strait on then springboarded off his back. She skittered around on the ceiling toward the earth benders. She clawed on to one of them and began to move around his body causing him to flail around and send attacks flying everywhere. The archers aimed and shot the earth bender missing Ina entirely. As her feet touched the ground she dashed towards them her sprit flying around her. Suddenly she tossed it toward the other enemies and like a pinball it knocked into each enemy giving them scorching burns to the forehead and other important limbs. Ina ran into the center and delivered a fury of punches, kicks, and slashes to her enemies, tendons, solar plexus and jugulars.

In a instant the enemies that stood before her had fallen all around her. Some may have been dead, but they had weak souls, if she took them they would crumble in battle. She spit at the bodies “Useless." She turned and looked at the three humans. Her yellow eyes glowed underneath her black bangs. I should kill them, they have strong souls. I should take them and… Her hand twitched as she was getting ready to attack the humans. Suddenly she noticed the water spirit floating around Shing, Her hand grew still once more. You are spared this one time. Be grateful.”

She then lifted her head up and searched for the scent of the man who put her here. The man who had visited her nearly daily and tormented her. The man who was at fault for everything: The Masked Man. When she finally caught it she growled deeply and dashed down the tunnels. Her scarf flying behind her. “I’m coming to kill you Masked Man!”

@Wolfette157 @Peaceswore @too much idea @Samevi

Last edited by a moderator:
Shing was surprised when the spirit had jumped on him, he was about to yell at her but when she took care of the enimes he was a bit surprised. 'I could have done that...' He thought as he go off the ground where he was met with a worried Crystal. "Don't worry I'm fine." He said with a grin as he dusted him self off. When he looked up he saw the sprirt get in an attack stance and face him but when her eyes laid on crystal he heard her say something, but he was having trouble with his hearing since he had been hit on the head a few times too many. "Your welcome!" He shouted after the spirit as he let out a sigh. He then looked around and sighed. "Let's go...all the spirits in here are free. We should wait for Jeng and opal at the elevator." He said as he began to walk off down the tunnel not paying even the slightest attention to Shin, but he did look at Chi and gestured for her to follow.

Chi follows after Shing and catches up. The humanoid spirit jumping on him had scared her because she had thought that the strength of the creature had hurt him, and it hadn't looked to friendly.

"Are you okay?" She asks him worriedly.

"I thought that thing was going to kill us for a second! Are you going after it?" She asks him.

There's a loud snap and a loud thud when the elevator cable is cut and falls on top of the elevator. With this, the elevator is rendered unfunctional... Unless you are a good metalbender.

With him, there is ten of the best fighter they have right now. All benders and experienced fighter and killer, just what he need at the moment.

'They will come anytime soon now, be careful' The Masked Man write. 'A certain spirit might go after me. If she really come to get her revenge, stay away from me for your own safety.'

"Going after it? No, from the looks of it she hates humans, but I don't think we have to worry since she likely wants to kill whoever captured her." He said calmly as he walked through the tunnel though he stopped in his tracks when he heard a loud crash. "Please let the be a boulder that fell. PLEASE!!!" He exclaimed as he sprinted to the elevator. "I am not going to be stuck in a place surrounded by rock!" (I don't want to get there till either @The Suspicious Eye get's there or @jamaicanviking )

Nami heard a loud noise and looked up. There was a couple fighting the guards. She felt a surge of joy run through her.

Maybe I won't have to stay here forever after all. She thought to herself hopefully. She gets up and walks to the edge of her bars. She sees a young man and a young female, both of who seemed to be doing pretty well and working together.

These people will set me free...but how can just two people get passed all of these people? and the Masked Man...

Nami gets lost in her thoughts as she watches the fight.

Even if they do get me out, we won't last long with the Masked Man around...

And then she heard a loud crash.

"And so it has began." She whispers to herself as she sits back down.

@jamaicanviking @Flutterby

"You know with our luck that isn't it." Chi says as she sprints after him. Just a couple of days ago she was an outsider to the snobs of Bas-Sing-Se and now here she was in some place she wasn't even supposed to be, freeing spirits and fighting some strange people. Life is funny, she thought as she ran alongside Shing.

Opal glanced between the two, her fingers twitching restlessly in their defensive stance. She was debating how to take both when the problem solved itself; Jeng stole the attention of one. The other came up her with a right hook that she dodged easily and countered with a jab to his side. He lept away and began to shuffle around her like they were in the ring of competition. For a moment she only watched him. The lack of reaction made him impatient and he rushed forward. Opal reached out and slammed her palm into his forehead, slowing him considerably. Her other head flew up and struck him almost casually in the throat. With a strangled gasp, the guard rolled to the floor, trying to recover his shocked airway. Opal rapped her foot in her favorite spot and all his muscles relaxed, unable to be used for quite some time. With the man down, Opal turned quickly to Jeng, ready to help him.

Jeng smiled at Opal's combat adeptness; for such a small girl, she was quite effective, and could certainly hold her own against near anyone. With a satisfied smirk, he finally finished the last guard off with a well-placed roundhouse kick to the side of the head. "Well, now that that ordeal's over with, let's deal with the prisoners," Jeng said, rubbing his slightly sore knuckles. Running over to the normal cage, the Avatar stomped hard onto the ground, driving a sharp wedge of rock into the lock and breaking it. "Come with us if you want to get outta this hole," Jeng said with a smile, gesturing towards him and Opal.

Nami looked up as she heard the lock break.

"What are you doing? Didn't you hear that noise? He's coming after you. We won't get out, so why should we even try?" She asks the boy as he gestures towards himself and the girl.

@Flutterby @jamaicanviking

"Stranger, you've got the Avatar and his girlfriend to help you out," Jeng reassured, crossing his arms. "Plus we've got friends elsewhere. The only way we won't get out of here is if you keep thinking that way. Now come on! We don't have much time!" Jeng then quickly ran over to the refrigerator prison, and applied the same ministrations as he did with the other cage. Once he pried the door open, he found a man inside, whom looked like a Fire Nation noble (perhaps in stark contrast to the previous prisoner.) "Uh, sir?" Jeng addressed, shivering slightly at the cold air suddenly being released, "I'm Avatar Jeng, and I'm here to get you out of...whatever this thing is."

@NessieAlways

"The Avatar..." Nami whispers under her breath as she watches him walk over to the refrigerator prison.

She gets up and follows him. She shivers at the cold, but then is comforted by it as it reminds her of her home.

One I will never see again. She thinks to herself as she waits quietly and patiently, but yet anxious of the danger she knew lay ahead.

Ina reached the elevator just as it fell she growled in fury and looked at the useless elevator. She kicked at the wall angrily. "Damn you Masked man. Don't think this will stop me!" She lifted her hair and sniffed for and alternate route. It was fainter the stale air and all the humans were muddling the smell. There are so many paths, and so many scents. This was the best route, the clearest one. I don't know where anything is in here. Wait what is that?

She growled as she turned to the sound of humans coming closer. She saw the others and growled "didn't I say that the next time I see you I'd kill you. Or do humans have such little minds they forget warnings easily." She smirked at them and licked her lips. Their souls were very strong, they would make an excellent addition to her family. She remembered that one of them was a earth bender she looked around at them. "Earth bender human. Move this elevator with your abilities." She wasn't one to say please or thank you, especially to humans.

@Samevi @Peaceswore @Wolfette157

Shing ignored the spirit and ran to the elevator. "You have got to be kidding!" He exclaimed in disbelief he would never tell anyone, but he was slightly claustrophobic not like he would panic, but he sure as hell had no plans on staying here. After he took a deep breath he noticed that spirit was there. "Oh it's you. Thanks for using me as a spring board really loved the experience." He said as he rolled his eyes. "Don't you know anything about manners spirit? Your welcome for recuing you." He siad (though he rarely to never says please or thank you). "

Riichi

The man's eyes opened to the sound of a voice behind him. Fear running through him and instincts setting in, Riichi spun around sharply shooting out fire from the heel of his foot as he turned. The flame however, didn't travel more than a foot or two. He was very weak. "Leave me alone!" His voice was weak, but he still managed to make it sound menacing. It wasn't until he looked up at the person who had talked that he realized it wasn't the masked man. "You? Who are you?" He asked completely unaware that the boy had just introduced himself as the avatar. "You wont get a word out of me!" Riichi was delirious from the lack of sleep he had forced on himself and the lack of food the smuggler's had failed to provide. That plus his constant attempts to escape had left the fire bender's sanity hanging from a thread.

@jamaicanviking

Chi ran after Shing and saw that the elevator was down. Literally.

"Shing, it's that spirit again..." She whispers quietly to him.

She sees the spirit gesture to her and demand that she raises the elevator.

"Are you crazy?! Sure I'm an Earthbender but that would take someone who... Who really knows why they're doing with Metalbending. Ask me a few years ago and I could have had this done in no time.... But... I haven't metalbent in years. I could kill us all..."

@The Suspicious Eye @Peaceswore

Ina turned her head and smiled at him "glad to educate you. And the question should be do you know anything about manners? Don't you know that you should respect you elders, and more importantly your betters?" She tossed her head and glared at him. She hadn't had much interaction with others, but what she did was always met with some sarcastic remark. (These are thoughts) Humans really don't have any respect for spirits anymore. I miss the days when we were kept separate, curse the Avatar. She looked at her hands and clenched her fist. And curse my brother as well. He and all the spirits will feel my wrath. (These are thoughts)

She turned to Chi
"so you are useless." put her hand on her hip and looked at both of them. "What are you humans even doing here? You seem to be rescuing spirits, but humans helping spirits? Don't make me laugh."

@Peaceswore @Wolfette157

@Samevi

Jeng winced at the man's attempt to attack him, holding up his hands in surrender. "Woah, take it easy, man! Like I said, I'm the Avatar; my friends and I came to free the prisoners here, and you seem to fit that description." He nodded towards the unconscious guards scattered about the room, in an attempt to convince the firebender he meant no harm. "We hate these guys almost as much as you do, sir. So if you want to help us, we'd appreciate it."

Shing rolled his eyes at the spirit. "Believe me if it meant I didn't have to hear you complain I wish the avatar kept spirits separate as well." He said as he crossed his arms. He was about to say something else but the back of his head got soaked with water from an upset Crystal. "I was joking! I didn't mean it I swear. If that happened I wouldn't have gotten a chance to meet you and that would be depressing." He said with a grin as he gently petted Crystal who let out a small cry of happiness and flew around his head. "And yeah we are rescuing spirits is that so hard to believe?" He asked as he watched Crystal for a bit before he turned his eyes to Chi.

"You don't have to be so scared, why don't you do a little practice with your metal bending like try it on a sword or something to see if you still have it." He said giving her a smile.

@Wolfette157 @The Suspicious Eye

Users who are viewing this thread

Back