• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Avatar - Of Chaos and Order

Lol I was just thinking no one would wanna be it but I'm glad someone was.

I'd love to be it, but if anyone who got here before me wants it as well I'll give it up. But if it was just taken because no one else wanted it then I'll take it.

I'd love to be it, but if anyone who got here before me wants it as well I'll give it up. But if it was just taken because no one else wanted it then I'll take it.
I'm the same way I was planning to be a non bender but the only reason I said I would take it because it was important to the plot. I had so many instances where people would not be important characters.

I'm the same way I was planning to be a non bender but the only reason I said I would take it because it was important to the plot. I had so many instances where people would not be important characters.

On the contrary, I enjoy taking important roles. If anything I feel like I'm overbearing a little because of how much I like to feel important.

I'm interested. I have a comple character ideas, does anyone want to help me choose between them?

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki I like the idea of a Kyoshi warrior character but I think they could fairly easily keep their tradtion alive by just staying on Kyoshi Island. Partly depends on how much more industrialised the Earth -what ever it's called now- place is. Avatar Arvis Avatar Arvis What is the tech level overall?

A metalbender inventor could have some cool gadgets leading to very interesting fighting style and could be useful to the plot too.

Last edited:
On the contrary, I enjoy taking important roles. If anything I feel like I'm overbearing a little because of how much I like to feel important.
Well that’s normal I’m always afraid my character is going to be passed over.

I would like to help you dogs

Last edited:
Well that’s normal I’m always afraid my character is going to be passed over.

I would like to help you dogs
Thank you kindly, so here are the ideas:

An airbender born to an arstiocratic firenation family making him use firebending forms instead of proper airbending ones when fighting, which has led him to be a fairly crappy airbender. They're quite hotheaded and would challenge people to Agni Kai's constantly if they were actually a firebender. I like the idea of him being a childhood friend of the Avatar (who was born in the firenation in this rp so that's a plus) or possibly the Dark Avatar instead.

A firebender who uses fire in much more indirect way. They mainly use a disconnected firestream (often taking the form of a dragon) and have a flowing style that resembles air and waterbending, more focused on moblity and redirection then agressive strikes. Unlike the airbender above, he is actualy effective since he is not trying to force one element to act like another and is instead combing them into something unique. He would likely come from the Sun Warriors (I'm curious what situation in the rp is) and be part of the White Lotus (considering the whole cross cultrual knowldge shitick), though I imagine he would be somewhat annoyed at Aang for changing the secret society into servants of the Avatar. He kinda feels more like an npc now that I've fleshed him out a bit more tbh.

Another airbender, but one who mainly uses airbending to suplment their swordmanship (increased moblity, quicker strikes, airblades and occasional defensive bursts of air) I imagine them being a sorta lone traveler around the earth -what ever it's called now- place. Like a mercenary or bandit. Maybe they secretly work for a goverment and are trying to further their sinster agenda?

And finaly, a glassbender, which would be a new subtype of earthbending - I imagine them being able to shape glass like it was water, but not be able to turn sand into glass and I think they should be able do normal earthbending but not metal or lava bending. This glassbender in particular (who may or may not be it's inventor) wouldn't be the best at tradtional earthbending but decent at sandbending. I want her to be connected to Omashu, probably related to it's current monarch. (Sidenote: my personal theory is that the King or Queen of Omashu is an elected postion held by a powerfull earthbender, somewhat simmilar to the Roman Kings before the advent of the Roman Republic.) I'd also like her to be connected to the sandbender tribes, maybe she ran away to join them or she has ansestory tracing back to them.

Anyways, I'm curious what your character is now that they are no longer the Dark Avatar. Did you have to change them much or are they still mostly the same?

Thank you kindly, so here are the ideas:

An airbender born to an arstiocratic firenation family making him use firebending forms instead of proper airbending ones when fighting, which has led him to be a fairly crappy airbender. They're quite hotheaded and would challenge people to Agni Kai's constantly if they were actually a firebender. I like the idea of him being a childhood friend of the Avatar (who was born in the firenation in this rp so that's a plus) or possibly the Dark Avatar instead.

A firebender who uses fire in much more indirect way. They mainly use a disconnected firestream (often taking the form of a dragon) and have a flowing style that resembles air and waterbending, more focused on moblity and redirection then agressive strikes. Unlike the airbender above, he is actualy effective since he is not trying to force one element to act like another and is instead combing them into something unique. He would likely come from the Sun Warriors (I'm curious what situation in the rp is) and be part of the White Lotus (considering the whole cross cultrual knowldge shitick), though I imagine he would be somewhat annoyed at Aang for changing the secret society into servants of the Avatar. He kinda feels more like an npc now that I've fleshed him out a bit more tbh.

Another airbender, but one who mainly uses airbending to suplment their swordmanship (increased moblity, quicker strikes, airblades and occasional defensive bursts of air) I imagine them being a sorta lone traveler around the earth -what ever it's called now- place. Like a mercenary or bandit. Maybe they secretly work for a goverment and are trying to further their sinster agenda?

And finaly, a glassbender, which would be a new subtype of earthbending - I imagine them being able to shape glass like it was water, but not be able to turn sand into glass and I think they should be able do normal earthbending but not metal or lava bending. This glassbender in particular (who may or may not be it's inventor) wouldn't be the best at tradtional earthbending but decent at sandbending. I want her to be connected to Omashu, probably related to it's current monarch. (Sidenote: my personal theory is that the King or Queen of Omashu is an elected postion held by a powerfull earthbender, somewhat simmilar to the Roman Kings before the advent of the Roman Republic.) I'd also like her to be connected to the sandbender tribes, maybe she ran away to join them or she has ansestory tracing back to them.

Anyways, I'm curious what your character is now that they are no longer the Dark Avatar. Did you have to change them much or are they still mostly the same?
All of them are great! Dang it Dogs lol. I like the friend of the avatar or the glass bender.

Im thinking of making a character who's dad is the owner of this famous company who makes a lot of the modern stuff kinda like Future industries. She would not be a bender but would not believe in getting rid of them.

Last edited:
All of them are great! Dang it Dogs lol. I like the friend of the avatar or the glass bender.

Im thinking of making either an character who's dad is the owner of this famous company who makes a lot of the modern stuff kinda like Future industries. She would not be a bender and would not believe in getting rid of them.

Or just a cop who can metal bend and he is poor.

Idk
Thank you! And yeah the wannabe firebender and glassbender do seem like best fits too, they have the most potential for growth.

Maybe your first character could straight up be part of future industries? Like their dad could be the adpotive son of Korra and Asami? The metalbending police officer stugling to make ends meet sounds like it could be fun too, specicaly if Republic City has become corrupt.

I like the adoptive child better. Her father could be the son of Korra and Asami and the daughter could be spoiled and rich not really caring about other people and she could grow out of it.

Kyoshi warrior character but I think they could fairly easily keep their tradtion alive by just staying on Kyoshi Island
True but that's the thing, shall they be just an isolated and backwards while the world modernises? Also post hundred year war they took a more active role in world events becoming bodyguards to Zuko and generally helping out aang though it is unknown what happens to them in korra's timeline. The absence can be a good time to be a little creative.

True but that's the thing, shall they be just an isolated and backwards while the world modernises? Also post hundred year war they took a more active role in world events becoming bodyguards to Zuko and generally helping out aang though it is unknown what happens to them in korra's timeline. The absence can be a good time to be a little creative.
Those are some very good points. I'd forgoten about the whole bodyguard for the firelord stuff (I'm due for a reread of the promise).

Those are some very good points. I'd forgoten about the whole bodyguard for the firelord stuff (I'm due for a reread of the promise).
Well the idea I am leaning towards which I tried in the past in other rps is that once zuko's rule was solidified, the warriors became Aangs right hand. As technology advanced their methods changed to suit whole still keeping some of their original training becoming more stealthy and leaning towards espionage. Essentially become this world's equivalent to ninja/shinobi. However things change when the white lotus got involved and Aang passed away. Disagreements on the training of the new avatar, the kyoshi warriors role and position compared to the white lotus that sort of thing, maybe even the red lotus wete involved . So the leader after suki lead their warriors back to the island and imposed isolation. It starts of fine but as events such as the earth Queen and Kuvira go unchallenged by the warriors there is a cry to break out of isolation especially as a younger generation becomes part of the order. My character would be Suki's granddaughter, grandfather unconfirmed but my be given away if I make her a bender. 😉

Hey peeps, I am slowly setting up the threads, should be done here soon. Currently working and have a couple meetings, but then I can do it between my other resposibilities

Well the idea I am leaning towards which I tried in the past in other rps is that once zuko's rule was solidified, the warriors became Aangs right hand. As technology advanced their methods changed to suit whole still keeping some of their original training becoming more stealthy and leaning towards espionage. Essentially become this world's equivalent to ninja/shinobi. However things change when the white lotus got involved and Aang passed away. Disagreements on the training of the new avatar, the kyoshi warriors role and position compared to the white lotus that sort of thing, maybe even the red lotus wete involved . So the leader after suki lead their warriors back to the island and imposed isolation. It starts of fine but as events such as the earth Queen and Kuvira go unchallenged by the warriors there is a cry to break out of isolation especially as a younger generation becomes part of the order. My character would be Suki's granddaughter, grandfather unconfirmed but my be given away if I make her a bender. 😉
That's some good worldbuilding, I'd imagine Zuko could have possibly helped train them to be more ninjia-y considering his blue spirit shenigans. Oh and if you make her a firebender I will hunt you down and you will not surive.

PeteTheWitcher PeteTheWitcher Who'd you think she most looks like? What nation is she descended from? Which one did her dad like the most? Who does she most take after?

That's some good worldbuilding, I'd imagine Zuko could have possibly helped train them to be more ninjia-y considering his blue spirit shenigans. Oh and if you make her a firebender I will hunt you down and you will not surive.

PeteTheWitcher PeteTheWitcher Who'd you think she most looks like? What nation is she descended from? Which one did her dad like the most? Who does she most take after?
Her dad liked Korra a lot but I would say she’s more like Asami. Her father is descended from the earth nation.

So probably Korra.

Main Thread
Alright peeps, there is the main thread. Will be doing some adjustments to the main thread but so far it is up and ready
For those looking to do Force Bending, click the OTHER link to be taken to the Force Bending application thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back