• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Avatar Legends: Ash and Steel IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
‘ By Oma and Shu here we go again.’ Guoneng did his right best to keep his voice even and his temper under control. “I can’t speak for Duanmu but I didn’t let that in my school house. The Earth King has dominion over the Earth Kingdom and his rule goes no further. As far as I know we don’t think anyone’s up for spreading their ideology here.”
"I'm not saying your people were literally planning to conquer the world," Onomu replies. "More likely the nobles and rulers felt so superior to everyone else, they thought they could just sit and stew within their decadence. That is, whenever they weren't scheming against each other."

"My family has always been of the Earth Kingdom Military even before the war, going back ten generations. I am my father's fifth child...the only non-bender of my three brothers and sister. I was born in Ba Sing Se. My mother died in childbirth. I have never seen my father much, as I was basically raised in a military academy from six years old on. My family was the military. I found the gift of leadership early though, and was one of the youngest ever to make Captain. My sister lives in Ba Sing Se and has many children. She served in the war for a few years but married another General and had children. She is probably the only one I have seen the most. I never got to meet two of my brothers as they died in the war before I was born. My remaining brother, the eldest of us, serves on the wall in Ba Sing Se. I am the highest rank of my brothers and probably the closest in following in my father's footsteps at the moment."
Onomu looks almost impressed as Duanmu lists his family's military history. Past and present national allegiances aside, great dedication to something was nearly always deserving of respect.

Duanmu was silent and then spoke up. "We are taught to defend our homeland. We serve to protect those of our land from the invaders. The Earth Kingdom is very large and has many cultures and communities, and it is the multiplicity of those various cultures that makes the Earth Kingdom strong. We were thriving before the Fire Nation came. We are taught that no one culture is perfect or has all the answers and that our differences are our strength and we maintain that to this day."
His next words however get a raised eyebrow. "Divisions and differences make a nation stronger? Can't say I've heard that one before," Onomu comments. "And you say that you were thriving before the start of the war? That's not at all what we were taught over in the Fire Nation."

Throughout this, her tone isn't at all overtly insulting. She's just stating facts, or rather, what she considers to be the facts.

Duanmu​

Fatigue: [_][_][_][_][_]

Conditions:
Afraid [_]
Angry [_]
Guilty [_]
Insecure [_]
Troubled [_]

Balance:
Support - (_)-(_)-(_)-{B}-(_)-(_)-(_) - Leadership

Hayase​

Conditions:
Afraid [_]
Angry [_]
Guilty [_]
Insecure [_]
Troubled [_]

Balance:
Unity - (_)-(_)-(_)-{B}-(_)-(_)-(_) - Heritage

Guoneng​

Conditions:
Afraid [_]
Angry [_]
Guilty [_]
Insecure [_]
Troubled [_]
Balance:
Force - (_)-(_)-(_)-{B}-(_)-(_)-(_) - Care

"I'm not saying your people were literally planning to conquer the world," Onomu replies. "More likely the nobles and rulers felt so superior to everyone else, they thought they could just sit and stew within their decadence. That is, whenever they weren't scheming against each other."

Onomu looks almost impressed as Duanmu lists his family's military history. Past and present national allegiances aside, great dedication to something was nearly always deserving of respect.

His next words however get a raised eyebrow. "Divisions and differences make a nation stronger? Can't say I've heard that one before," Onomu comments. "And you say that you were thriving before the start of the war? That's not at all what we were taught over in the Fire Nation."

Throughout this, her tone isn't at all overtly insulting. She's just stating facts, or rather, what she considers to be the facts.

Duanmu​

Conditions:
Afraid [_]
Angry [_]
Guilty [_]
Insecure [_]
Troubled [_]

Balance:

Hayase​

Conditions:
Afraid [_]
Angry [_]
Guilty [_]
Insecure [_]
Troubled [_]

Balance:

Guoneng​

Conditions:
Afraid [_]
Angry [_]
Guilty [_]
Insecure [_]
Troubled [_]
Balance:
“There hasn’t been much scheming and plotting among earth nations nobles. From what I heard most of the presitigious families and high tailing away from the front lines. Not a lot of time for parties and double dealing with war like this going on.” At the mention of what ever lies the Fire Nation taught her since she could walk he rolled his eyes. “Well you’ve got a lot to learn and unlearn because the Fire Nation has been lying to for your entire life. The Earth Kingdom is diverse, we’ve got swamps, deserts and forests dotting the continent. And the people are just as diverse as the land we pretty much have to learn how to get along with each other.”

"I guess I'll just have to see it for myself then," Onomu replies coolly.

She looks up at the evening sky. "I can take the first watch, if you three want to get some sleep," she offers.

Duanmu​

Conditions:
Afraid [_]
Angry [_]
Guilty [_]
Insecure [_]
Troubled [_]

Balance:

Hayase​

Conditions:
Afraid [_]
Angry [_]
Guilty [_]
Insecure [_]
Troubled [_]

Balance:

Guoneng​

Conditions:
Afraid [_]
Angry [_]
Guilty [_]
Insecure [_]
Troubled [_]
Balance:

With a quick movement, he creates a small earth tent for himself and plops to the ground. "Fine by me. I'm on the second watch wake me up in three hours."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back