• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Avatar: A New World

Should I create an Avatar roleplay taking place after the events of The Legend of Korra?

• Yes, Go for It!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, It's a Lost Cause.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AlexNos

Resident Asshole and Sorcerer
About The Roleplay

Overview

This roleplay is going to be set in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender, created by Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. So, if you were looking for James Cameron's Avatar, you've reached the wrong thread.
However, if you like gritty drama, fast-paced action, and strong character development, read on!

This roleplay will take place after the events of the Legend of Korra, by about seventy years. From this, you can assume the following:

• Korra has died but the new Avatar has not yet been revealed.
  • The world has progressed further, both spiritually and technologically.
  • Republic City has been rebuilt and expanded.
  • The world has changed.

You may be asking yourself '
But wait! If Korra is dead and the new Avatar has yet to be revealed, who is the story going to be focused around? Who will my character BE?'

Do not fear, for I, Nuktuk, have the answers you seek!

Well, I'm not really Nuktuk, but if get the reference, good for you. Anyways, there's always been a question that bugged me, especially with the Legend of Korra. The Last Airbender covered it pretty well, but I still think it's a good plot point to expand upon.

The Masters. Aang was already a Master Airbender (he received his tattoos at twelve years old!) and the development of Katara, Toph, and Zuko was all done pretty well, so I can't complain too much there. But with the Legend of Korra, the only
real master we got to see was Tenzin, and we didn't really see too much from him until much later in the series.

So, seventy years since the Day of the Colossus (another reference,) Korra has just passed away (like, opening scene deathbed type thing) and the new Avatar has yet to be revealed. Your question: who
IS my character? Your character... is quite possibly the worst air/earth/water/firebender to have ever lived.

That's right. You're a bender, sub-par by even lowered standards. But it is your
destiny to be the teacher for the next Avatar. (Who, following the cycle, will be a resident of the United Earth States.) This is revealed to you how ever you choose, be it through your abnormally strong spirit connection or because a dragon or badger mole told you. Or even the moon. (Reference! C'mon, that was an easy one.)

Of course, we will need other characters as well, so do feel as if you
have to be a bender. You can be a talented non-bender who found a sword in the desert which turned out to be made of space-earth and you became a Master Swordsman because of it.

Unfortunately, since there can only be one bender per element, you're probably thinking this narrows it down to only
four benders.

Wrong!

Though it's still a thought I'm kicking around, I'd like to introduce Master of the sub-elements as well. (Lightning Bender Master, Lava Bender Master, Spirit Bender Master, etc.) So, there's actually a lot more room for benders than you think.

Yes, the world has changed. But so have the rules. How so? Well, you're going to have to join to find out! For example: A new threat is rising. The world is in-between Avatars. But the Avatar keeps the balance. White sort of force of Order will be able to stem the flood of oncoming Chaos?!

You. Tell. Me.

See you soon.

-Nos

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I take spirit-bending master?? And... Is your character going to be the avatar??

NightFlame said:
Can I take spirit-bending master?? And... Is your character going to be the avatar??
Spirit bending is actually a sub-type of airbending, so you'll be an Airbender first.

No. Korra just died. The new Avatar won't be around for at least fifteen years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back