News August 8th - Update Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Hey All,
On August 8th, the site will be going offline to perform the much teased about updates, including The Nyte Life, The New Editor, The New RP System and much much more. This is something I've been working on for the past few months and I can't be more proud and excited, I hope you will all enjoy it as much and I do.

The site will be offline starting on the 8th (when ever it is I wake up on that day) for a couple of days. The update is painstakingly slow due to how large the site is and its mostly an automated process I have to keep an eye on and respond to if it throws an error. If it finishes it in a day or two, we will return. But just in case something goes wrong I'm going to say that the day the site returns is August 15th(Again, if nothing goes wrong, we should be back by like the 10th or so).

This is the biggest update to happen to the site, since its inception.

If you have any questions/feedbacks/concerns about the downtime please post below. We might temporarily reinstate the discord server so users have a place to hang out and interact with each other and the staff while the site is offline. However that is not set in stone yet.

[/QUOTE]
Well, Rip.

I'll have to go and get a social life outside of Rpn :P

Sunkissed said:
It will only be down for a week if something goes wrong. If it all goes smoothly there will only be 2 days of downtime. :)
So, it'll be down for a week, right? (>u>)

[QUOTE="Echo Dreamsong];~;
How will I live?!?!

[/QUOTE]
My LIFE IS RUINED! T~T and i have only been here for a month and its my home

Stickdom said:
So, it'll be down for a week, right? (>u>)
I hope not. It's very unlikely that will happen, dwiz has been working for ages on the site doing tests to make sure the importing process doesn't break.

It's actually perfect timing for me...I just started dating someone new and this will give me less time to ignore them

BeebeTheWarrior said:
My LIFE IS RUINED! T~T and i have only been here for a month and its my home
I know! ;~;

And I have to go to Carolina soon! I don wanna have to go without it!

What will I do?

Oh right, sleep.

[QUOTE="Play On Words]*Grabs you and slaps you hard* GET IT TOGETHER MAN! THE WORLD IS AT STAKE HERE!

[/QUOTE]
MEEP! *looks at you* i just died inside

Sadly, we have yet to determine an appropriate placebo for RpNation addiction. Scientists are still working on it.

Captain Hesperus

That's gonna feel like eternity, tbh, but it'll be worth it. Will there be updates somewhere?

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Echo Dreamsong]I know! ;~;
And I have to go to Carolina soon! I don wanna have to go without it!

What will I do?

Oh right, sleep.

[/QUOTE]
Sleep?! i forgot how to sleep DX

I will miss the BBcodes...and I will also miss the website for a few days. But I'm very excited for the update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back