• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Auger Sign OOC

GasMaskie GasMaskie thank you for the visual reference. I'm planning to use mecha specs from several sources. I'll provide pictures but later on in the roleplay all character pilots will have unique mechas. I don't plan to use land spinners but that can be a module.

do we know when the rp's gonna start and when our characters are accepted?
GasMaskie GasMaskie thank you for the visual reference. I'm planning to use mecha specs from several sources. I'll provide pictures but later on in the roleplay all character pilots will have unique mechas. I don't plan to use land spinners but that can be a module.

Due to the mishap with my laptop, I'm quite behind but nevertheless I can guarantee the role plays start by Monday. The characters reviewed by Saturday. I'm deeply sorry for the delay and I hope this doesn't deter any of you from roleplaying. Building a world takes a while and I started simply with a plot idea and starting plot rather than a whole world. I can say that the timeline history is almost complete so there should be lore coming up in order to flesh out those back stories. I appreciate your questions as they've made me rethink the role plays direction. Petroshka Petroshka

Due to the mishap with my laptop, I'm quite behind but nevertheless I can guarantee the role plays start by Monday. The characters reviewed by Saturday. I'm deeply sorry for the delay and I hope this doesn't deter any of you from roleplaying. Building a world takes a while and I started simply with a plot idea and starting plot rather than a whole world. I can say that the timeline history is almost complete so there should be lore coming up in order to flesh out those back stories. I appreciate your questions as they've made me rethink the role plays direction. Petroshka Petroshka
just curious is all~ <3

Sorry for the late review. I have finally finish my encyclopedia which I will post later. Now that I have a general and somewhat distinct view on my world, here is my critique.

This is a note to everyone. If you want to use a culture such as Indian, Ethiopian, etc. those cultures are prevalent.

Another note. No starting characters can be generals or lieutenants for now.

Regarding Oracles, I'll start the role play with similar models, which I'll go into detail later. Therefore I'm not reviewing any unique or custom oracles yet.

Bari Bari everything looks good.

Your history is vague so if you need to add anything let me know before you add it. I also know that I haven't posted much information too to aid in the biography.

Your characters approved. Only thing I would add is a culture in your biography, such as are your parents supporters of Erayne, or foreigners, etc. this isn't mandatory but it helps to distinguish your character.

Petroshka Petroshka

Your characters approved. I will post pictures on the standard equipment for EMF.

Please write examples on how your character acts with a certain trait, just to facilitate your understanding of that personality trait. It's not mandatory, but it helps.

Regarding history. There's no peacetime but rather an ongoing expansion. One year can be more peaceful than another but there's no peacetime. Also there's no Anti Oracles. There's just other technology they may hinder an Oracle. I'll get into the specifics later. The world is similar to Earth climate wise so the north will be cold and frozen, if your character grew up far north.

Blitzer Blitzer

Your auger confuses me specifically on what it does. There are many ways to see a weakness without an Auger so I would develop a more specific Auger rather than a vague one. I won't accept your current Auger as it lacks information on the weakness it exploits.

Write an example whenever you've the time to explain a certain personality traits. It's not mandatory but it helps.

Regarding history, you can say your parents stole money from the military which is a crime. Or they could have committed fraud to royalty. Anything that slights the military or royals will result in a loss of wealth. There's no top ten pilots but you can be one pilot out of a few. The High Tides is a small group with 4 to 7 pilots.

Your characters approved except for the Auger.

Kloudy Kloudy

Finish up personality and biography. The jobs are fine but there's no position as commander. You can be considered an Ambassador and strategist, as the High Tides ranking is non standard.

Brass Skeleton Brass Skeleton

Change title rank to Officer or one of the ones listed in OOC chat.

Limit his Auger to sight. He can only see the future visually.

Your characters approved just fix those changes.

Vague history so let me know whenever you want to add details. It's no biggie to me as I haven't provided a detailed world lore to help.

Thank you all for your character submissions.

Hachi Machi Hachi Machi If I may, I'd like to point out that my character's Auger doesn't let him see the future. In essence, what it does is jack up his ability to collect information, process it, then make calls based on that information. The "borderline clairvoyant" comment was to showcase how accurate those predictions tend to be; it might seem like he's predicting the future, but really all he's doing is gathering information about the immediate future around him.
Upon re-reading it, I may have not worded everything properly enough to convey what I wanted. I'll go see if I can't re-word it.

My recommendation is that he can analyze things in a radius of several meters, but his fast analysis period lasts for ten seconds. He thinks faster and gathers information quicker than most and reacts quickly. However if he uses the power for longer than ten seconds or more than several times in a row he fries his brain making him temporarily retarded. Does that sound like the Auger you're trying to create?

Hachi Machi Hachi Machi Not quite. The name of the Auger, Sixth Sense, is meant to show how it happens automatically; it's not something Harrier is capable of controlling and might not even be entirely aware of. Think of it like an animal that knows it's being watched by a predator and has to get away, but has no idea why it thinks that.

Only thing I would add is a culture in your biography, such as are your parents supporters of Erayne, or foreigners, etc. this isn't mandatory but it helps to distinguish your character.

Okay, I added a little bit more to the Biography.

Hachi Machi Hachi Machi i wont be able to do a example right now, but i edited the bio for ya, also anything thats meant to hinder or counter something is considered the anti-it :D

So it's similar to enhanced awareness? If you can provide an example of its use, I may understand the sixth sense better. Or is it enhanced ability, when in danger, such as fight or flight?

Petroshka Petroshka

Thanks. Yeah I just put a comment about Anti-Oracles so that there isn't naming confusion, when I give actual names to the devices. You're correct in the terminology.

Encyclopedia will be finished and uploaded today. The roleplay post should be uploaded tomorrow. Everyone should be able to roleplay their character. Here are a few key notes:

Bari Bari Blitzer Blitzer Kloudy Kloudy

1. No Auger Abilities will be available at the start.
  2. All Characters will meet at Barton Academy for the first skirmish between High Tides and EMF.
  3. Everyone will use the standard Oracle Model for their appropriate faction.
  4. Strengths and weaknesses will determine how a scenario begins and ends.
  5. There's no God-Moding, or Meta-gaming. When Augers come out, I'll show how that works.
  6. Current Oracle Models: 1 and 2. 1 = EMF Oracle Model. Contains everything but Flight Thrusters. 2 = EMF Oracle Models. Contains Flight Thrusters, but they have limited usage. High Tides Terrorist will use Model 1. EMF will use Model 1~2.
  7. Reference Images of the current Oracles. I really enjoy GasMaskie GasMaskie 's image reference, so I'll use those. Oracles look similar to this picture, but with differences according to modules, upgrades, and paint/stickers/decals.
Model 1: upload_2017-6-25_12-29-44.png

Get rid of the thrusters, and this is a general picture.

Model 2: upload_2017-6-25_12-31-51.png

Flight Thrusters are located on the back.

Model use is dependent on the pilot, if they prefer using thrusters, or floats. All High Tides Pilots will use Model 1, but they can hijack a Model 2, during the first part of the roleplay. All EMF pilots can use Model 1 or Model 2. Students can hijack either model. High Tides Oracles will be any color, whereas all EMF Oracles are painted a dark blue.

7. Reference images for uniforms. EMF military outfits. High Tides outfits (Can be anything. They're pretty lenient). Barton Academy Student Uniform.

EMF Military Outfit:

upload_2017-6-25_12-47-30.png

The above outfit may be used for other tasks. It is the standard military garment. Color is black primary and purple secondary. Ranks are distinguished by badges.

EMF Infantry Combat Outfit:

upload_2017-6-25_12-51-43.png

Note: The above outfit is a reference for standard infantry gear. Brown Camouflage is the typical color.

EMF Pilot Outfit:

upload_2017-6-25_12-57-34.png

Note: For the above picture, color is similar to the uniform, with black primary and purple secondary.

EMF Badges:

A gold arrow pointing down like a v, without a line. Each rank grants another v on top of the first v. Here are the badges.

No Badge = Recruit
One V = Private
Two V = Soldier
One V + a top loop, sort of like this (>, but with the > facing downwards like a V = Officier
Two V + a top Loop = Lieutenant
Three V + a top Loop = Sergeant
Four V + A top Loop = General

Other badges exist, but they're non-important, unless specified to further the roleplay.

Last Note regarding EMF: Some soldiers may be in unique outfits that distinguish themselves later on in the roleplay.

High Tides Outfit: These can be pretty much whatever you want to wear. There's standard combat gear and pilot outfits available, but they're pretty much stolen gear from EMF. You can decorate them however you like.

Barton Academy Uniform:

upload_2017-6-25_13-3-8.png

The picture pretty much sums up the school attire. Color remains the same.

9. All EMF starting characters will be stationed at Jumlie.
10. High Tides Terrorists will be stationed near Barton Academy aboard a large airship.
11. All Student characters will be stationed at Barton Academy.

12. Reference Image for High Tides aircraft:

upload_2017-6-25_13-22-7.png

Disregard the space background for the above picture. It's mainly an aircraft. Change red to white, and blue to neon orange.

13. Reference Image for Barton Academy: upload_2017-6-25_13-28-8.png

Note: it's a general, vague image. Hopefully it gives you all a picture of Barton Academy.

14. Reference Image for Jumlie: upload_2017-6-25_13-30-55.png

The above picture is what the center of Jumlie looks like. The outskirts has more greenery.

15. I'll add further details, as the RP progresses. If you have other questions, let me know, but in general, feel free to add to the setting. I'm not too strict, unless you add a whole fleet of EMF ships in your post.
16. World Map. I'm currently working on this. It's not going to look super detailed, but it'll function as a general map of the world
17. Encyclopedia. Finished. Just editing it up, once the World Map is finished.
18. Timeline. Finished the general concepts. I'll provide specific ones, if they're necessary.

Closing Note: Relax. This may seem like a serious RP, but the goal is to have fun, and to be creative. :D

upload_2017-6-25_13-15-35.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-25_12-39-56.png
    upload_2017-6-25_12-39-56.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Kloudy Kloudy

You got to wait for that Auger! I know it's a tease, but the Augers will activate soon enough. I'm currently developing a source, or contract that explains why individuals obtain Auger.

So just to confirm, those who have augers in their cs do technically have them still, but they can't be used just yet? We have to wait for whatever you're gonna do for them to "activate", per se.

Current World Map. This will be updated as the roleplay progresses.

World Map of Ora.png

The southwest of Olatine is where Jumlie is located. The city's close to the Ocean.

Note: Olatine is a Province/State of the Eranyne Empire.
Note: Jumlie is a City of the Eranyne Empire.

Floats

Here's an image reference of Floats: upload_2017-6-25_14-48-51.png

Floats are the surf board things at the bottom. They're special flying mechanisms for Oracles.

Kloudy Kloudy

You got to wait for that Auger! I know it's a tease, but the Augers will activate soon enough. I'm currently developing a source, or contract that explains why individuals obtain Auger.
pssst kloudy likes to make himself op so watch out for him on his posts~

Petroshka Petroshka

lol. I don't mind OP characters, since Auger makes individuals OP over non-Auger users, but I don't like too OP, such as defeating an Oracle with your bare hands, without any Auger abilities.

I haven't approved Kloud's character sheet yet, so I don't know what's going to happen, lol. I'm working on my own right now, since I've pretty much the basics finished.

Hachi Machi Hachi Machi
Got most of the basics for my CS, though I'll have to type out the Biography later. Expect a sort of War in the Pocket backstory for Yves.

Also, the Border Break site has renders of all of the Blast Runners.
jntDcb4X4lqDRxTl8k.png

jntDcb4Z4lajhYAEX0.png

Let me know when the character sheets are completed, so I can post the first part of the roleplay.

Thank you everyone.

This applies to GasMaskie, Bari (Cause of the WIP), and Kloud. The rest are fine. Just let me know when your characters sheets are no longer a WIP, so I can start the roleplay up.

GasMaskie GasMaskie
Bari Bari
Kloudy Kloudy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back