• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Auburn Springs

Characters
Here

sly

MOOD: angry, emotional.
OUTFIT: xoxo
TAGS: dani jasmyn jasmyn , chelsea ditto ditto , ren @le reveur, mer Soap Soap

Great, he's awake. Sly thought to himself once he'd noticed the flickering of Chelsea's eyelids. He was relieved to not have killed anybody, but the thought of having to deal with a conscious Chelsea Freud annoyed him now that he knew he was alive. Chelsea was a mess with his newly regained consciousness, and with already having a mouthful to say, his bickering was starting to eat away at the little sympathy that Mercedes' presence, and the thought of him dying had brought.

"You know we can't do that." Sly answered to Chelsea's "Let me go" plea. He tossed the towel over onto his shoulder, and turned away from Ck, leaving the transparent white bag at his feet.

In his absence, Sly could make out Ren's shadow against the cracked concrete floors heading towards Chelsea. As much as his heart wanted to be with Dani at that moment, to put her at ease, right now he couldn't even muster the strength to take a look at her. She was risking everything being her, being a co-conspirator to whatever came out of this situation, but Sly didn't have the courage to face her disappointment. Instead, he crossed his arms over his gray tee, and turned over to Ren, watching closely as she interrogated Chelsea.

Ren was good at what she did, too good. She could make people piss their pants with a look, and while those fangs would look cheesy on anybody else, Sly knew that she just might pull a Mike Tyson on Chelsea if she got too close. "That's enough." He sounded when she did get too close. Sly was sure he'd given her just enough time alone with Chelsea, but at the end of the day, it was still Freud v. Cosgrove in this ring.

He dropped his crossed arms as Ren took a step to the side. As he walked back over to Chelsea, his left hand reached into his trousers, over a pair of shorts, but within the dark jeans he sported. Hooked onto the inside of the jeans was Sly's rusted silver pipe wrench, and with quick twists at the head, it came loose and fell into his hands. It was a tool for most every scenario Sly had been in. From stealing cars, to beating other kids up, Sly was never without his wrench. Not since Big Johnny had gifted it to him all those years ago. Since then, it'd become the Robin to his Batman. An extension of himself.

The heavy tool swung loosely in Sly's hands as he approached Chelsea, and scraped against the cement when Sly descended into a crouching position. He was eye to eye with Chelsea now. In another situation he might've propped the wrench up at Chelsea's face, mocked him and threatened him to give in. But Mercedes was present right now. Dani was too, and while she'd heard of the terrible shit he got up to, she'd never quite seen it firsthand. He'd like to keep it that way.

"As much as I want to tell you I know whatever threat Ren whispered to you, I don't. But know this, Freud. If word about anything that happened tonight gets out, I won't be there to stop her from doing anything to you. I sure as hell won't be sitting on the bench and watching either. How the rest of the night unfolds is up to you."

Please say yes, Sly was internally pleading. The tough guy facade wasn't a mask, but right now, he felt really fucking vulnerable. Just let this go, Freud.

code by low fidelity.

Great, he's awake. Sly thought to himself once he'd noticed the flickering of Chelsea's eyelids. He was relieved to not have killed anybody, but the thought of having to deal with a conscious Chelsea Freud annoyed him now that he knew he was alive. Chelsea was a mess with his newly regained consciousness, and with already having a mouthful to say, his bickering was starting to eat away at the little sympathy that Mercedes' presence, and the thought of him dying had brought.

"You know we can't do that." Sly answered to Chelsea's "Let me go" plea. He tossed the towel over onto his shoulder, and turned away from Ck, leaving the transparent white bag at his feet.

In his absence, Sly could make out Ren's shadow against the cracked concrete floors heading towards Chelsea. As much as his heart wanted to be with Dani at that moment, to put her at ease, right now he couldn't even muster the strength to take a look at her. She was risking everything being her, being a co-conspirator to whatever came out of this situation, but Sly didn't have the courage to face her disappointment. Instead, he crossed his arms over his gray tee, and turned over to Ren, watching closely as she interrogated Chelsea.

Ren was good at what she did, too good. She could make people piss their pants with a look, and while those fangs would look cheesy on anybody else, Sly knew that she just might pull a Mike Tyson on Chelsea if she got too close. "That's enough." He sounded when she did get too close. Sly was sure he'd given her just enough time alone with Chelsea, but at the end of the day, it was still Freud v. Cosgrove in this ring.

He dropped his crossed arms as Ren took a step to the side. As he walked back over to Chelsea, his left hand reached into his trousers, over a pair of shorts, but within the dark jeans he sported. Hooked onto the inside of the jeans was Sly's rusted silver pipe wrench, and with quick twists at the head, it came loose and fell into his hands. It was a tool for most every scenario Sly had been in. From stealing cars, to beating other kids up, Sly was never without his wrench. Not since Big Johnny had gifted it to him all those years ago. Since then, it'd become the Robin to his Batman. An extension of himself.

The heavy tool swung loosely in Sly's hands as he approached Chelsea, and scraped against the cement when Sly descended into a crouching position. He was eye to eye with Chelsea now. In another situation he might've propped the wrench up at Chelsea's face, mocked him and threatened him to give in. But Mercedes was present right now. Dani was too, and while she'd heard of the terrible shit he got up to, she'd never quite seen it firsthand. He'd like to keep it that way.

"As much as I want to tell you I know whatever threat Ren whispered to you, I don't. But know this, Freud. If word about anything that happened tonight gets out, I won't be there to stop her from doing anything to you. I sure as hell won't be sitting on the bench and watching either. How the rest of this night unfolds is up to you."

Please say yes, Sly was internally pleading. The tough guy facade wasn't a mask, but right now, he felt really fucking vulnerable. Just let this go, and let's go on in sweet harmony, Freud.

CC11BC7C-6C79-43F2-B7FB-633C8F6AD136.jpeg
Finn McNamera
: Outfit, Feeling conflicted

Finn had been watching the twitter feed from the Ambridge and Auburn students while he walked aimlessly around Auburn Springs. Would this be worth it? Everyone was drinking and fighting. Even his friends were having issues currently. Oliver was missing? It was crazy. But he really really wanted to fit in here. He took a deep breath before pushing the door open.

Finn was overwhelmed by the beat of the music and oh so many smells. He’d never been to a high school party before. Did they all have this many mysterious wet spots on the floor? Whatever, where was everyone from Ambridge? He didn’t see any of his friends. Right, Oliver. Maybe he should go check on him. No, he was probably crowded enough. Finn wasn’t nearly important enough to be there.

Finn pushed himself into the kitchen. He felt so small here. He was 5’8, but that wasn’t nearly enough height for him to feel seen. He looked around. It was mostly alcohol. Great, just what dumb high schoolers needed. His friends had come to drink and everyone knew what happened to Oli. It was bad news. He did however, see a half empty tray of brownies. Good, someone here had sense. He snagged one of the precut squares and chewed away.
2F758619-8387-4F30-8792-3EC0732C1A17.jpeg
Sock Jacobs: Outfit, Feeling flustered

Sock pulled their beat up car up to the curb a few houses down. They assumed this was the right address, with the music blaring and all. The opened the door, locking the car about five times. They were already sweating oh no. It's okay, it's a new city, no one knows you here. If you make a complete fool of yourself you can just move somewhere else, drop out of high school, and work at Burger King for the rest of your life, it's fine. They took a deep breathe and fanned their shirt a bit to cool off. Maybe they should button it all the way up. No, that would ruin the look. They took their hand off their shirt, trying to figure out what else to do with them.

Eventually Sock found their right hand on the door handle and their left pushing their hair back. Upon opening the door they were met with the familiar sound of bumping music. Sock's sister used to throw tons of parties like this. Except this time they were invited. Immediately they pushed their way through the crowd, hoping to familiarize themselves with the new setting. For once they were satisfied with open concept houses. They spotted the kitchen between people and pushed forward. There were so many drinks to choose from... and foods, but they tried not to focus on that part.

Sock grabbed a bottle of vodka and poured themself a shot. with confidence they dumped the liquid into their mouth and swallowed. They tried not to gag. Wow, that was disgusting. Instead they grabbed a wine cooler, a drink they were at least familiar with, and traveled further into the house. They felt a light buzz from the vodka, but it certainly wasn't a lot. They opened their bottle up with their key chain and plopped down on a couch somewhere. People were talking, but they barely paid attention to the words. Mostly, they were wondering what to do now. They didn't get much context from hiding in their room all those years. Still, they were excited for what was to come.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 10:05 PM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
... chelsea freud ...
MOOD

fuck

???

TAGS

sly fin fin ren @le reveur dani jasmyn jasmyn mercedes Soap Soap

Chelsea’s eyes studied Ren as she walked to stand in front of him. She obviously thought that she was some shit, with that grin on her and her arms crossed. And, what, had she gotten her teeth sharpened beforehand? Was that supposed to fucking cute? Intimidating? It was laughable, if anything.

She tapped his nose, and white shot through his vision. The more aware he grew, the more acute the pain in his face became. He could feel the sweat beginning to gather at his temple— not from her words, but from the pain— and his jaw was clenched tightly. Something was broken along his cheek somewhere, and definitely along his nose. When her hand reached out for his face, he tried his best to whip his neck away from her, but he couldn’t put all of his work into it with all of the pain. As her acrylics dug into his skin, he resisted the urge to squeeze his eyes shut.

Past all of the pain, he could hardly register the noise hitting his eardrums. He opened his lips to pant softly.

“So if we’re keeping it a hundred, you only have yourself to blame.” The pat on his cheek sent another shock of pain through him, and he let out a soft, involuntary hiss of pain. “Now I’m gonna keep this short and simply for you. If you tell anyone about what happened...you’ll regret it.” Her arms went to his bound knees, and he couldn’t fight it. He was struggling to stay aware at this point; his vision threatened to fade to black once more, but he couldn’t have that. He didn’t trust what they would do with his body.

He’d regret it, huh? What, would they fucking kill him?

“Not only will I spill your little fight with Mason to the school but I will make your life and the lives of those you care about a living hell. Including your little sister there.”

His jaw tightened.

They weren’t fucking threatening Mercedes now, too. They weren’t.

“You leave her out of this,” he growled in a low voice. “You fucking leave her be. This isn’t fucking about her.”

Ren moved, and his eyes followed her until they couldn’t any more, and at that, his eyes went to his sister, whose glowing phone was wrenched from her hand.

If he was free right now, everyone in this place except for his sister would be fucking dead.

“When I say that. I mean that I can and will have people show up to your house. And flip it upside down. Or imagine if something were to happen to your leg, your spine. So that you could never play football again. Wouldn’t that be tragic?”

Chelsea’s rigid body’s blood ran cold. What the fuck was she trying to say? That if he told about this— if he said even a peep— that she’d ruin his career? Like that wouldn’t fucking place her in jail? Like that wouldn’t—

“Or maybe I’ll spare you and have your sister go through it in your place?”

His thoughts froze, and anger rose in his throat. “Stop,” he muttered.

“Do you think she’d be able to have your sister go through it in your place?

Stop.” He spoke over her, drowning out her words in his ears with his own soft ones.

“And how would your parents feel? Knowing that it would be all your fault?“

“Shut the fuck up, shut the fuck up, shut the fuck up.” He could still make out her words, but he didn’t want to, and he didn’t want to fucking hear what she had to say.

“That you started a fight with a Bridger boy and as a result, his friends took it out on your family?”

His lips stopped moving. The pain, for an instant, was the least of his concerns. Inside of his head, he could see, vividly: Mercedes’ bloodied body, this sadistic bitch standing over her.

He wanted to rip free of these ropes and strangle her.

“That’s enough.”

Chelsea’s eyes went to the one who had said those words— the fucking slime dog himself.

“Have you got something to say, too, fucker?” he muttered to himself, low enough that only he could understand it as his eyes followed Sly’s figure as it came to crouch before him.

They were eye level now, and Chelsea could see the reflection of the golden floodlight in Sly’s eyes, feel his breath against his skin.

He could kill him. If he were free right now, he could kill him. It wouldn’t be that hard. He could take his hands and twist his neck, and he’d be dead.

Fuck it. Fuck. Fuck.

”As much as I want to tell you I know whatever threat Ren whispered to you,” the slug began, “I don't. But know this, Freud. If word about anything that happened tonight gets out, I won't be there to stop her from doing anything to you. I sure as hell won't be sitting on the bench and watching either. How the rest of the night unfolds is up to you."

He struggled to find his words through the shield of rage and pain, breathing ragged, sweat slick at his brow.

“Fucker,” he spat— and he spat in his face.

That was what came out.

“What makes you think that I’m scared of you? You think that I’m scared of you hurting me? You think that I’m scared of what you’ll do to me? All I hear is groveling. Desperation. You’re scared of me. That’s fucking it. So what? You’re going to break my back? You’re going to try to kill me? I’m so fucking…”

Images of Mer bloodied flashed in his eyes again.

Her blood.

On his hands.

He could feel it.

“I…”

It was warm. And sticky.

And…

It pounded. And flowed, like it was her life.

Her life.

Her. Life.

They could kill her. If they wanted to, they could kill her right here. And what could he do about it? Fucking…

Nothing.

“Fine.” The word slipped out without him being able to catch it, and he refused to repeat it as he looked into Sly’s eyes again. “Just let me go. That’s our deal. I won’t say anything.”

code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

Last edited:
fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 7:45 AM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Mason
INTERACTIONS

Jade

MENTIONS

N/A

TAGS

jasmyn jasmyn

He peeked into bedroom after bedroom, but there was nothing... nothing good. Mason didn't even know what good would be right now. He just wanted... something. Something that could break under his hands. A mirror. A vase. Something glass that he could throw at a wall and hear the familiar, comfortable sound of shattering.

The alcohol was having its effect and the effect on Mason when it came to alcohol was... it was like throwing alcohol on a fire, but that fire was the anger he felt bubbling deep down in the pit of his stomach. It was always there, like a tiny flame, and alcohol had a way of making it erupt into a burning inferno.

Something needed to break, and he needed that something to be a vase or a window or some shit before it became the face of the next guy that decided to bitch at him.

And then Jade was asking about Honey, and Mason didn't know how to respond. He paused in his search for something breakable and held his hand out of for the bottle of tequila. "Me and Honey..." he started and then brought the bottle to his lips and downed probably way too much liquor before he held it back out for her. His mouth burned with the familiar taste of tequila and he ran his tongue over his teeth while he tried to think, think, think it through.

"I don't fucking know. We're nothin', but we're somethin'. We're... we went on that one date, right? I don't know what I was fucking expectin'. She's fucking sweet as all fucking get out, she's a great fucking person, but she's not..." Mason started shaking his head. He knew what he wanted to say, the thing that was keeping him from asking her on another date or... keeping him from getting any closer.

She's a great fucking person, but she's not Adriane.

That was it.

Mason had expected her to be like fucking Adriane, and she couldn't have been more fucking different.

"Nothin'. Dumb to try and fucking date, you know? I'm kind of shit at the whole datin' thing."

Wow, now he really needed to break something and if it could remind him of Adriane? Even fucking better. So he started walking again without a second glance back at Jade, peeking into a few more fucking rooms until finally, he found something that seemed kind of interesting. A fucking big ass library.

Did libraries usually have breakable shit?

His gaze fell on a vase and a grin cracked on his face.

"I don't think old dusty fucking books are valuable, but it's somethin'," he commented as he stepped inside, looking around at the bookshelves and other shit.

"Why are you askin' about Honey, anyway?"

if i get high enough

Milo knew Drake meant it when he said he could leave. Milo knew that, if he took that offer, and just stood up and walked out of there, then there would be no hard feelings, because that wasn't the type of person that Drake was. But there was no way that Milo was going to do that. It meant that Drake would be alone. It meant that Milo, knowing that the only thing he could do for Drake in that moment was be there for him, decided not to. And that was not Milo's personality, at all.

He smiled at Drake and shook his head. "Nah, it's okay," he assured his friend. "You're the only person I want to hang out with, anyway." He started to collect his cards altogether again, and once they were in a pile, he continued to shuffle them through his hands, a subconscious movement more than anything. He glanced back at Drake. "Would you rather I left?" He asked, a little warily. He really hoped that Drake would say no; not just because Milo wanted to stay, but because he couldn't see Drake being by himself going well at all. Still, if Drake wanted him to leave, Milo wouldn't argue with him.
milo
MOOD: want to help

OUTFIT: king

INTERACTIONS: Winona Winona

code by valen t.

Edwin Jarvis
Auburn Springs
Edwin's week had been mostly mediocre. There was nothing wrong with that, of course, but nothing truly remarkable had occurred over the past few days to warrant any lengthy explanations. The merger between Ambridge and Auburn Springs had, however, raised a few concerns within Ed. How could this change the market for his high school drug deals on the side? He by no means needed the cash, however he liked the reputation that came with it. Well, business wasn't great, so he didn't have much of a rep, but it was there. Ed just didn't have the whole tough drug dealer look. If Sam started selling dope to kids he'd make a killing. It's not fucking fair.

"Jesus, don't get your panties in a twist. I'm coming!" the slightly-irritated boy shouted out the door of his brother's room, praying his voice would reach his mother and brother downstairs. If Ed was grateful for any of his brother's talents, it was his ability to stall for time. He'd been called downstairs by his mother for a chat, however there were more pressing matters in relation to the location of his prized bong. Ed had fallen into the routine of stashing his various drug-related paraphernalia in Sam's room before housekeeping came to clean. The cleaners would always get into all of Ed's stuff in his own room, as they were on strict orders to perform deep cleanings on the room every time. Unlike Sam, Ed couldn't maintain a tidy space to save his life.

His messy room was just one of many examples of Eddie's lack of organizational skills. He'd hidden the bong in Sam's closet just two days ago, however his memory of where exactly in the closet the thing was? Entirely beyond him. At least he hadn't melted his brain off of all the coke the family was temporarily in possession of from time to time, he often used as a defense.

Ed had taken too much time. He could hear his mother's calling for him more clearly as her voice slowly rose to a shout. "Okay, okay, I'm coming!" he hollered back, groaning and shoving Sam's things haphazardly back inside his closet. The boy turned and left the room, then made his way downstairs. He passed Sam on his way down and grabbed his shoulder to stop him. "We're gonna leave for the party in a few minutes. Hurry up and get the car started," he ordered, then pat the boy on his back before continuing on his way.

Edwin's mom was, to say the least, unamused. She wasted no time ranting and raving about the little weed crumbs he'd left on the kitchen counter while packing a bowl. Seriously, she didn't give a shit about Ed doing drugs in the house, but if he left a bit of a mess in the kitchen he was on the level of Satan himself? Please. Ed put on his regularly-abused apologetic baby face, apologizing profusely before hugging it out. And after all that, he'd gotten away with not cleaning the counter in the end. Being rich and spoiled is truly a blissful way to live. These were the only times Ed was content being the baby of the family.

The rich boy left his mom to finish up whatever light day drinking she'd been up to for this fine Saturday and zipped to his own room. He'd have to go without the bong tonight. Sad, but it was a little cumbersome to bring to a party anyway. He fished through a drawer for a joint (pre-rolled of course, and only Ed's most preferred strain) and slipped it into his pocket, smirking with eager anticipation. There had to be loads of Bridgers at the party tonight, intermixing and picking fights with his fellow Springers. The night would surely be a show, to say the least.

Once he was fully dressed to go out and equipped with a joint and his red lighter (Ed only used red lighters; anything else was beneath his tastes), he headed down the stairs again, this time directly to the garage. He approached Gretta, his least favorite car the family owned, and leaned against it. It was a fine vehicle, however Sam was always neurotic about Ed's hotboxing habits and insisted Gretta was off limits for those activities.

Staring at the door linking the inside of the house and the garage expectantly, Ed grasped his joint of choice and lit it. He took a long drag off of it, then proceeded to have a coughing fit. Stupid weak ass lungs. Why aren't you strong already? The impatient sophomore took another drag, this time much more swiftly. He was criminally bored and Sam's tardiness wasn't helping his urge to just grab the keys and drive off by himself. Ed didn't need a license to prove he could get from Point A to Point B. And he wasn't nearly high enough for it to pose a problem. Yet.
the garage
pre-party pizazz
clothes
Kio.exe Kio.exe (Sam)
coded by natasha.

scroll me!

mood
tired
tags
. hery hery

Samuel Jarvis

I wonder when...

Talking to his mother while she stirred wine in one of her 2,000 dollar crystal wine glasses was not something he wanted to be doing, and yet here he was. Conversation with her was always tedious, always, somehow, urgent, as if someone’s life was on the line. More often than not that was the case. Over the years he’d gained the spectacularly useful talent of drowning her out, convincing her that he was listening simply by nodding his head a few times. Why his mother bothered telling Sam anymore was beyond him, but now as she rambled on about God knows what, his mind was in other places.

Like the party, the one that he just had to go to. It was annoying, but someone with his reputation couldn’t afford to miss it. Besides, Ed would be there and knowing his brother he'd end up in some mess that Sam would inevitably have to drag him out of. Right now the little heathen was rooting through his closet, looking for his supposed bong. How Ed got into his room without Sam noticing, he didn’t know. The eldest Jarvis boy spent most of his time at home there. His family was...overbearing, to say the least, and he preferred to be away from them as much as possible. Even sitting here with his mother for ten minutes made him want to scream and break things. He kept this well hidden, of course, behind a mask of polite rapture and a soft smile. Most of the time, it was enough. Other times...well he didn’t particularly wish to think about those other times.

Now, mercifully, Ed came stomping down the stairs, and Sam couldn’t help the twinge of pain in his heart as their mother’s entire face lit up upon seeing her favorite son. She certainly never looked at him like that, and it was fine. If his son were a monster too, he’d feel the same. If his son knew what it felt like to wake up after a nightmare drenched in sweat that felt like blood, screaming, Sam would feel the same.

Nodding his head politely at his mother, Sam hauled himself up the stairs to his bedroom, where, just as he’d expected, his closet doors were left wide open, clothes strewn haphazardly about. He let out a long sigh through his nose, and began the process of hanging everything back up. Ed would complain for sure, but Sam hated a messy room. After he had finished putting everything in its proper place, Sam strode to the window, studying the overcast sky. Rain would fall, whether it be tonight or tomorrow. A quote from a book he’d read popped into his head. At last, I find peace in the rain.

And wasn’t that true. Sam has requested this room for a reason, with its large balcony and access to the roof. There was something purifying about rain, something that made him new and raw. It was a shame he hadn’t gotten pneumonia yet. Then he wouldn’t be his parents’ lackey, even if it were only for a short while. Sam snorted. Who was he kidding? Even if he was sick, he wouldn’t get out of any of his responsibilities. The Jarvis family didn’t get sick. They were immortal, unfeeling and cold.

Sam turned from the window, stripping down and throwing on the outfit he had picked out beforehand on. It was simple: a white button down shirt, the top few buttons undone and beige pants. Simple, classy and comfortable. Surely the opposite of what Eddie was wearing. He took a minute to study himself in the mirror, frowning. Not at the outfit, or how he looked in general, but at his eyes. They looked dead, void of emotion. Sam raised a finger to touch the bags under his eyes, his frown deepening. He’d had nightmares almost everyday for the past week, and lately sleep was a stranger to him. Whether anybody in his family heard him screaming or cared, he didn’t know, but he was tired, and not just physically.

Peeling himself from his thoughts, Sam grabbed his wallet and keys to Francine, his brand new camaro, and walked down the stairs to the garage doors, sighing. He preferred driving Gretta, of course, his vintage mustang, but if Ed wanted to smoke he would do so in Francine. Opening the driver’s side door, he climbed into the car, unable to keep a smile off his face at the smooth roar that sounded as he turned the key in the ignition. Stabbing at the button on the dash to open the garage doors, Sam watched it go every inch of the way up before pulling out, and in front of Ed, where he stood leaning against Gretta.

“Get in.”

♡design by neon reverie, coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

daf81925c08bbe833302db0f256053dd.gif

@OneShadeofGray

Interactions:
no one
Mentions: jasmyn jasmyn (Jade)

• F L E T C H E R • G R A Y •

Why had he agreed to go to this stupid party? Hell if he knew. But now, as he knelt in front of Juniper, he smiled, looking into her golden brown eyes, twin to his own. “You be good for Ms.Temple, okay?” He said, ruffling the young girl’s blonde hair. She nodded solemnly, her favorite stuffed animal, a sloth she’d named Tommy, hanging from her hand. Being separated from his sister was always hard, for the both of him. But he’d agreed to go to this party, and she was in good hands with Ms.Temple, his neighbour who watched everyday when he went to school.

“Hey, chin up. What did I tell you?” He prodded, sticking a finger under her chin and gently lifting her head. “I’ll be back before you know it, okay? I promise,” he added, hating the sadness he saw in her eyes every time he left. But Gray was a man of his word, and would never break a promise. His sister simply nodded again, this time stronger.

Sighing, he pulled her into a hug, her tiny arms wrapping around his neck. “I love you, Junie. To the moon and back,” he mumbled onto her hair, finally coaxing a giggle from her.

“I love you too, Fletchy,” she said, before pulling away. “To the moon and allll the way back.”

It was their thing, generic as it was, and they never left each other without saying it. It was another sort of promise, one he’d made to her as soon as his mother had returned six years prior with her in tow, only to disappear again. Juniper was the only person in the world who called him by his first name, the only person in the world who had his whole heart. Gray stood, looking over at where Ms.Temple stood by the door, a smile on her face. “Thank you, truly,” he told her, holding Juniper’s hand as they approached her. “I won’t be too late.”

“You go have fun. She’ll be fine here, with me,” was her only response. “She can sleep at my place tonight. Stay out as late as you’d like,” she added, taking the girl’s hand and smiling back up at Gray. He wasn’t used to this...this kindness. Unable to speak through the lump in his throat, he merely nodded, before striding down the stairs to the apartment complex’s entrance. If he looked back now, he would cave and stay home, so instead he simply threw his leg over his motorcycle and sped off, savoring the feeling of wind against his face.

Whenever he needed to escape, to be free just for a little while, he rode, going nowhere in particular. Alone with just him and his thoughts, it was easier to breathe. Tonight, however, he had a destination in mind and he had to focus on the road ahead. The house wasn’t too hard to find, what with the loud music and cars parked outside. After parking his bike, Gray strode up the front steps of the house, his hand pausing right over the doorknob. Should he go in? Did he even want to go in? Hell if he knew. Parties, people—they weren’t really his thing. But he had promised Jade he’d be there, and he didn’t want to disappoint. He also had a bottle of rum tucked into the folds of his worn leather jacket. He’d might as well put it to good use.

Opening the bottle, he took a swig before pushing the door open, unsure of what to do or where to go beyond that. Anxiety immediately pushed at his chest, urging him to go back home, and so he stood, frozen in the doorway, the pulse of the music erratic like his heartbeat.

GARRETT KANE TIMOA

mood: scared out of his mind + location: bridge + outfit: xxx + tags: Chimney Swift Chimney Swift Winona Winona geminiy geminiy jasmyn jasmyn

Garrett sighed in relief after Nat took the spider from his head. It was another thing that was adding on to his anxiety that he really didn't need to be there. He shooked his head yes when she asked if they were ready to go. He sends her a apologetic look. He knew that she wanted a break and to have fun with her friends that weren't social anxiety driven like him. He knew that she just wanted to have a break from him for a moment and he just screw it up. Like he always does. He could have called anyone else but all he knew was Natty. Maybe that is his fault, he had the therapy, he could try to make other friends that weren't his next door neighbor but he never felt the need to make other friends. He had Nat, and that was enough for him. The world could have been against him, but if he had the girl next door. He gave zero fucks. Oliver gets out the closet first, shaking and looking everywhere. Garrett follows quickly. He starts to mention to Nat, that they should start moving when Oliver runs. And he means runs.

Garrett didn't waste a second after. He shouts to Nat "I'll be back. " as he runs after the kid. Dodging people and drinks. He doesn't even notice that others were running after him as well. He keeps following Oliver and sees a blur of red hair running past him. And then a car. He just keeps running after him. He doesn't stop running until they hit the river and sees Oliver about to do something stupid. Luckily the red blur jumps on him and tackles him. Garrett stops to catch his breath and then walks up to the red blur and Oliver. He sits down with them carefully. As to not scare the shit out of Oliver. He watched as the red blur, as which he sees is now a girl. Tries to talk to him. Oliver begins to hit himself and Garrett moves to stop him. Grabbing his hand gently and moving it down before letting go. "You have enough bruises kid." He listens to him as he sputters out what happened. "I should have taken his phone. " he mutters as he quietly yells at himself for being so stupid and not taking the phone. That was the first thing he should have done.

Well the next thing isn't gonna be easy but he's gonna fucking curse out Ryan or whatever his name is. He had it under control before his fucking big mouth. Now they almost lost Oliver because of his stupid anger issues. He looks at the redhead, and recognizing her from the twitter "I'm guessing you are Cade? I'm Garrett. Thanks for tackling him, I would have been too slow. We were heading out when...I guess Ryan decided to put a few last words in. Scared him to almost.." He mutters to her. As he pulls out his phone. "I should have taken his phone. I'm such a dumbass." He mutters again as he texts Nat telling her where he was and making sure she was ok. Then he looks up at Oliver who is beginning to gag. He wonders what happens next for him. He can stay at his house for as long as he wanted but he needed his family who unfortunately is right now his biggest triggers.
coded by natasha.

HENRIETTA THOMAS
sz7DJ33.gif
Dirk, huh? Henri dismissed the name as quickly as she heard it. She probably wouldn’t even see him again after tonight, and that was fine by her. The quicker she could forget this night, the better. At least this conversation isn’t progressing towards another fight.

At the mention of cigarettes, Henri’s nose wrinkled ever so slightly. Whilst not a fan of smoking, or drugs and alcohol, she never harshly judged anyone, or stopped anyone from partaking in it. Everyone’s got their vices, I suppose. She did wonder what alcohol tasted like, and why so many people found solace in the bottom of a bottle – But a brief flash of her parents passed out surrounded by beer cans and brown bottles quickly stemmed that though. She’d be dammed before she let that become her life.

“I don’t really care. You can smoke here if you want?” With a shrug of her shoulders, Henri went back to leaning over the balcony railing. She figured that she wouldn’t get too much smoke blown her way due to the slight breeze. Henri looked back towards the drunk student struggling to remove himself from the bushes. One of his classmates attempted to pull him out by the arm, only to loose his own balance and fall in headfirst next to his friend. Loud chuckles and expletives drifted up to where she and Dirk stood quietly.

“Moms aren’t even my type.”

Henri burst out in a chuckle – ok, it was more like a snort that sounded akin to a goose being strangled – at the unexpected admission. She eyed Dirk with amusement as a smirk rose to her face. “Maybe dad’s are more your type then?”
OUTFIT: With combat boots
INTERACTIONS: Dirk
MENTIONS: N/A
TAGS: StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer

14DEF3EF-9DAD-4DA9-8D11-ABAB3B219B30.jpeg
Dirk Morte: Outfit, Feeling better? Maybe, we’ll see.

Dirk nodded, grabbing his lighter from his pocket. He flicked it on and lit a cigarette with his fingers before touching it to his lips. He had put everything back in his pockets when he heard Henri laugh. He hadn’t intended for that. ”Maybe dads are more your type then?” His face turned red as he froze. “I uh... I didn’t mean... it wasn’t...” he couldn’t finish the sentence. Though the nicotine made him less stressed, it didn’t make him any less flustered in this situation.

Dirk hadn’t really figured that part out yet. If he felt that way towards men. He didn’t hate looking at them, but he didn’t know if he wanted to touch them. It wasn’t like he wasn’t open to it, he’d just never had the chance. Even then he might not take it. “I don’t think dads are my type either.” He shook his head. Older people just didn’t do it for him honestly. He knew that much.

Dirk breathed in deeply. He certainly didn’t like the taste, but he did like the fact that it helped him calm down. His shaking subsided and he exhaled completely. The smoke rose out of his mouth and disappeared into the air around him. “I’m sorry your night’s been shit, you probably don’t deserve it.” He didn’t know a thing about her, but based on what he’d seen, that was too far to go with anyone.

Dirk looked at his phone again, oh shit, he’s here. He took that time to reply to some dumb shit on Twitter too. Based on how Henri was threatening people on there, he was sure she wasn’t invested in this interaction. But he wasn’t exactly into it either. He threw his cigarette on the ground, grinding it with his foot, “It’s been good Henri, I hope your night gets better.” He shoved his phone in his pocket before heading back into the insanity.

Dirk headed back to the kitchen, he was sure Beck had already found his brownies. They could easily leave a trail like Goldilocks or some shit. As he entered the kitchen, he immediately noticed a redhead on the floor. The brownie trail! When he looked up, he realized the trail was shorter than expected. He looked up and immediately locked eyes with Beck. Those beautiful blue eyes. He’d always thought Beck was pretty, but he really wasn’t sure what to think about it.

Dirk smiled, “Hope I didn’t leave you waiting too long.” Beck was honestly the only person he’d really kept around. He pushed everyone else away, but he couldn’t bring himself to do that to Beck. He’d be damned if he admitted that he’d actually miss him. Still, Beck didn’t know everything. There was a lot Dirk hadn’t told him. Those were just the walls he had put up. Even though he desperately wanted to confide in someone, he wasn’t sure Beck would understand. No, Beck would react in a way Dirk wasn’t ready for. He wasn’t ready to accept someone’s sympathy. He wasn’t sure he could allow himself to be that close with anybody, not even Beck.

So Dirk stood there, looking at Beck sitting on the counter. His mouth drew dry as he felt the effects of the brownie hit him. It wasn’t enough. He approached Beck, grabbing another brownie from the pan. “They just as good as usual?” He asked, shoving a large bite in his mouth. This needed to be as casual as possible. Everything was normal. He was high, he shouldn’t be freaking out. It was just a party at Val’s house, what could go wrong?

Interactions: Henri Nixiee Nixiee Beck queanbean queanbean
Mentions: Darby queanbean queanbean

Last edited:

FRANKIE LEONARDO GOMEZ

mood: beautiful girl + location: val's house + outfit: xxx + tags: Soap Soap

Frankie was just sipping his drink that he made while spotting potential girls and boys to have some fun with. He smirked as he was scanning the area. So many choices, so little time. The cute brunette in the corner seemed to be looking at him then the party, so he guessed that's where he should start. He might be able to have more then one kind of fun tonight. He was ready to let loose and have some fun. It wasn't like the girls didn't know what they got into when they decided to flirt with him. They should have understood the choice they made, and his reputation. The heartbreaker, the player, all the things they called him and yet they still try to be the one to change him. When will they learn, nothing could change him. He will never let anyone else into his heart, or have the power to break it. He gave that power to someone once and they broke it and smashed his heart to the ground. So now, he protects himself by making sure to have fun and never deal with love again. The only people he needs in his life is his friends and his sister.

As he was about to leave to go and flirt. A girl came up to him. Not just a girl but a really beautiful and hot girl. He smirked at her as she started to talk to him. "It is Frankie and you must be the beautiful Raven from twitter. " He glances at her and smiles. She was beautiful. He couldn't wait to have some fun with her if she let him. "Well beautiful, you should stay and hang out with me to find out. But I can definitely tell you that you will be pleased by what you find. " He knows that she might regret this in the morning for whatever reason but she came to him. And he wasn't about to deny a beautiful girl. "Like I said on twitter, I would love to get to know you tonight, and body shots would be the most fantastic chance to do so. Wouldn't you agree, beautiful?" Frankie was gonna have fun tonight, and this will be the best kind of fun.
coded by natasha.

FAITH MILA GOMEZ

mood: he's fucking adorable + location: val's house + outfit: xxx + tags: Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

Faith giggles softly as Eugene regsitered her words. "Yes as in yes, genie. I would love to go on a date with you. " She said softly to him as his face changes expressions. She watches as it goes through different ones then starts to land on one. Which was excitement. She was the same. Something about him just makes her feel excitement. Maybe it's the dorkiness or the way that he seems to be way too honest for his own good but she knows that he is something good for her. Something she hasn't felt in a while. Maybe she shouldn't have said yes on twitter but something inside her told her that this would be worth it. Something told her that this boy is worth it.

"There's no need for thanks. I mean, this better be a good date, if it is. You just might get a second one if you are luckly." She said smiling as largely as him.

She's been on a lot of dates. Different ones, with boys and girls who didn't really think on what she would want to do. More on what they wanted to do. Maybe that's why she's so hesitant on letting people take her out. She is no means her brother with his daily fuckerly of boys and girls but she does play a bit of a game. She lets them believe she's falling before breaking it off. She wanted someone to see her for her. Not for someone else. She isn't the girl that everyone claims her to be. She still believes in love and stupid shit like that. She just wants it to be genuine and not forced. With her Val, the love was there but it was more like for someone that she would protect as she was family. It wasn't the kind of love that you want to kiss the hell out of someone for. Maybe that's why they broke up because the love they have wasn't the one that they needed to have.

"She's one of my best friends. If not my only true friend. She's also my ex." She says softly as she walks down to stand by him. She watches as he stutters out words to try to make conversation. She smiles softly as she looks down, taking one of his hands and holding it. "Well, let me show you how it's done. This is not my first time at this rodeo dear." She said softly
coded by natasha.

MOOD: :o)<3
interaction ❜ Faith r e i r e i

EUGENE KIM

Eugene beamed, fighting off the temptation to bury his face in his hands and scream in excitement. For the first time in like forever, he was getting to live, and not just because he was forcing himself to.

In truth, he wasn't a third of what he pretended to be online. After his mother's death... he had been a child then, and ever since things had never been quite the same. It wasn't that he hadn't been happy since then, but since then happiness had always been a conscious effort; something he spent time and energy seeking out just to avoid the crushing loneliness of being hospitalized for most of his early teen years.

He cheerfully nodded through most of what Faith was saying, hanging on her every word with contented interest...
And then she dropped the bomb that she and Valerie had dated.

"Yoooo..." He breathed in disbelief, eyes wide as he stifled a shocked laugh. "Party Val? That's wild. I mean, like, you're still friends which is like... good for you. That's cool." He had to admit to being a little nervous about being the clearly less experienced person. It was to be expected, but... yikes, he hoped he didn't do anything wrong.

"I will use everything I have at my disposal to make this a good date." He stated decisively, with a sharp nod and some awkward finger-gun action. "And I must warn you: I do have a mandolin I'm not afraid to use. And a lute. And like, a lot of string instruments..." Realizing he was beginning to digress, he shook himself and went back to his original point. "But yeah! We could... shit, there's do many things we could do. It's fall in New England. This is prime time." He laughed, slowly starting to walk back towards the liquor table to see if there was any juice left. He also kept an eye out for Dex... that guy had somehow got his hands on some poor Bridger kid's phone, and Eugene was *way* too eager to mess with it.

"Do you like seeing shows? I think some local place is doing Sweeney Todd, which is, y'know, not that romantic, but it is Steven Sondheim... or we could hop the train and go explore some other town! Or you know what might be really fun? There's an open house at that giant spooky mansion on Harper Street..."

code by valen t.

fillerfillerfillfillerfillerfillerlerfilelifr 7:45 AM fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfilr
Jess
INTERACTIONS

Ryan, DC

MENTIONS

N/A

It felt a little bit... what's the word she was looking for...

Oh yeah, stupid. It felt stupid to show up at a party for one reason and one reason only. That stupid reason, of course, being the chance to see Ryan even if it was for a fleeting second.

Literally. Just thinking about that made her want to slap herself. It was idiotic. She could've hung out with Ryan elsewhere -- at other times, without having to risk the panic and fear that hammered away in her chest when she found herself in any kind of party situation. The stench of stale beer and the feeling of bodies all around made her just a little sick.

And then Ryan, somehow, managed to find her through the thick of the crowd and the stress melted away a little bit and she relaxed. To a degree. Jess was still on edge, but she managed a -- albeit somewhat forced -- smile as he pulled her into a quick hug. Awkward, awkward, because Jess quite simply didn't know how to respond, so she just... didn't.

Someone came up with him and it took Jess a brief moment to place the face to a name. DC. CK's little -- but probably much more tolerable -- brother. Weird. Were they friends or something? Out of everyone in Auburn Springs, she would've put DC right near the bottom of her list if she was trying to guess who Ryan would befriend.

Eh, whatever. DC seemed okay.

"Definitely considered it," she said in response to Ryan saying he thought she would've ditched. "Yeah, I actually tried to ditch like right when we got to the front doors, but..." Jess shrugged. She was starting to relax at least a little bit, until someone brushed against her and she was thrown back onto high alert, her muscles tensing up.

"I'll just hang out for a few minutes and then go home. MarioKart is calling my name." Jess admitted. She tried to relax again, but she was still a little tense, but hey, she was smiling. "How's the party so far? Nothing's on fire yet, so I'm going to guess it's going okay."

Natalie
INTERACTIONS

Garrett, Oliver

MENTIONS

N/A

It was official.

Natalie hated the Ambridge kids.

They should've burned down with their wretched school. Maybe then the world would be a little bit of a better place with the trash being taken out.

To be fair, she wouldn't have even hated the Bridgers too much more (she did strongly hate them already, though, so it was kind of hard to make her hate them more), except that that ridiculous child slammed into her and knocked her back. Natalie just barely caught herself so that she didn't go completely sprawling across the floor.

And then Garrett was gone, chasing after the child, and Natalie was left alone in the dining room -- bewildered, confused, and honestly stressed to the extreme. She let out a sigh and thought about getting up and trying to integrate herself into the party, but all of the want and excitement she'd felt before was just...

Gone.

So instead, Natalie stood up -- but only so she could walk over to a wall and sink to the ground. Her legs stretched out across the cool floor and she slammed her head against the wall. Natalie winced at the impact because to be honest, that wasn't what her plan was. Her eyes fell shut for a moment and she tried to stay calm.

Her phone buzzed.

Natalie picked it up and looked to see who it was from -- Garrett, letting her know where he'd gone.

Do you want me to come?

Her finger hesitated over the send button, contemplating for a moment. Part of her wanted to not reply so that she could just sit here and eventually head into the other room to get a drink without having to worry about Garrett or the weird Bridger kid or anything else. For one night, she had planned to have a decent time.

But she couldn't... ignore Garrett and she knew that if he said yes, he needed her there, she would be there in an instance.

So she pressed send.

Mercedes watched CK and Sly go back and forth with whatever was happening between them and while everyone was distracted, she brought up her phone. If she couldn't call the police, the only rational thing to do was to tell someone where she was, Mercedes wasn't the brightest star, but she wasn't a damn idiot. There's no way she was going to sit here in an abandoned warehouse while they tie her brother up and do whatever they wanted with him.

She knew they wouldn't kill him. But it was always nice to have precautions. And having someone know where they were? Well, it was a good precaution. Mercedes messaged DC, explaining to him she'd drop a pin on her location while reassuring him everything was fine-- it was hard to figure out who she was trying to reassure in that situation. But she did it nevertheless.

'Okay. Come back in one piece, please.'

As soon as she started to reply, her phone was yanked away by none other than Dani, who of course, had a baseball bat. Was it weird she wasn't very scared anymore? Maybe it was the alcohol, maybe it was the sheer want to get the hell out of here, but Mercedes glared up at Dani.

"It's a him, he's my brother. Why are you asking stupid questions? It's my family, what? You want me to lie and pretend CK and I just dipped out early? As if that's not weird? We don't do that. We're normal people who go to parties, who enjoy ourselves, who have fucking friends that don't kidnap people."

Even though her words were out laced with venom, she did as told. Taking a seat and trying her hardest to focus on the bat in front of her as if the room wasn't already spinning in the slightest. Dani didn't have anything to do with this, she knew that, she was just trying to stick up for Sly... because she loved him. But who's to say that Dani wouldn't of done the same in this situation.

"Please, bonding? Sure. What are you gonna do, Dani? Hit me? Do it. Watch me go to the police the very next morning, grab a lawyer with my 'daddy's' money. That's what you don't want us to do, right? Tell on you? If anyone is threatening anyone here, it should be me and CK. Because the sad truth is, the three of you can do whatever the hell you want to us but in the end it's still not going to work. We're rich, not stupid."

Mercedes glanced over at CK when he agreed not to tell anyone and Mer took a deep breath, shrugging towards Dani and taking this opportunity to stand up from the chair, almost losing her balance before she steadied herself. "Okay, see, no telling. Untie him. I just wanna... go home." Did she really have only four Jell-O shots?

Jesus, what the hell did she put in there?

"... I still don't hate you by the way, even if you're an accomplice and all. I don't think you're that bad. None of you are, you're all just scared of something we likely weren't gonna do in the first place." Mercedes reached into her pocket and pulled out the necklace she'd found hours before at Valerie's party, holding it out to Dani.
Mercedes
INTERACTIONS:: Dani, Sly, Ren

MENTIONS:

TAGS: jasmyn jasmyn fin fin @le reveur
code by valen t.

OUTFIT: xxx with black combat boots
basics

ck ditto ditto

mentions

sly fin fin
ren @le reveur
mercedes Soap Soap
interactions
Danielle Monroe
dani ~ seventeen ~ senior ~ bisexual ~ ambridge
Dani’s eyes remained locked on Mercedes, drowning out the sounds around them as the girl looked up at her. Honestly, Dani wasn’t expecting was for Mer to snap back at her. Sure, she had spunk but was this girl insane too? No, judging by her barely keeping her balance together it was apparent she was also tipsy. Dani had half a mind to throw the bat and lunge at her as she spat out the words. We’re normal people….who have fucking friends that don't kidnap people. Not that she was wrong because none of this was remotely normal and Dani knew it. Still, the Springers had normal lives because they fucking could. They had nothing to lose because mommy and daddy would fix every problem for them if need be. Dani, Sly, Ren; none of them could count on their parents to clean up their messes or getting them out of shit.

"You think that because you have money it means you're untouchable? I'm not scared of you or your fancy lawyers," Dani said, never being one to back down even though at this moment she knew it was better to do so. The sad truth is, the three of you can do whatever the hell you want to us but in the end, it's still not going to work. We're rich, not stupid. Her eyes narrowed as the words kept on coming and she griped her bat tighter but before Dani could respond she was stopped by Chelsea's voice. The football star said that he would keep it secret if they let them go which caused her to shift her attention onto Sly and Ren. None of them could really be sure if the siblings would keep their mouths shut about the whole thing but they really didn't have a choice unless they were willing to kill both of them right then and there which was not going to happen.

When Mercedes turned back to Dani and pulled out the necklace, she reached out and grabbed it without saying a word. She hadn't even realized that she'd lost the piece of jewelry until now and was actually surprised that Mer has even returned it. Her eyes met Mercedes' gaze for a moment and she could tell her words were sincere which that only confused Dani more. Whether out of having a damn heart or a brain, Dani knew they couldn't continue this fucking chaos so she tore her eyes away from the girl and looked ever at her friends. "Sly, I'm pretty sure someone knows where Little Miss Perfect over here is," Dani held up the phone as a reminder before shoving it into the girl's hands. "And unless we want to stick it out until someone shows up then we need to let him go and get the hell out of here," she added.
code by valen t.

Last edited:
Edwin Jarvis
Auburn Springs
Ed perked up as Sam finally arrived in the garage, just in time before he was ready to lose his sense of patience and crash the car on his own. He got a good look at his older brother before the muscled boy hopped into Francine, grinning with delight. This meant he'd be able to continue his smoke, unlike what would have happened if Sam insisted on taking Gretta to Val's party. The pensive senior had already narrowly evaded Ed totaling Gretta, as well as Ed cursing him out for denying him a car smoke. The night was off to an unwittingly lucky start for Sam, at least in terms of his handful of a little brother.

"Don't tell me what to do, jackass," he spat before throwing himself onto the passenger seat. He kicked his feet up onto the dashboard as Sam pulled out onto the street, one hand texting on his phone and the other gripping his joint. He took another hit off of the joint, turning to face his brother while French inhaling. He grinned cheekily. "Disclaimer, just because we're going to this party together that doesn't mean you get to monitor me the whole time. Especially my drinking." Ed, even at the age of 15, had been to more high school parties than some of the moderately social seniors at Auburn Springs. And you bet he definitely prided himself on that. His poor grades spoke volumes on the matter as well.

Ed was acquainted, or at least familiar with most of the popular crowd, but the majority of his close friends were years older than him and alarmingly sketchy. Who better than a group of thuggish Bridgers to get into illegal shit with? By the time he would be a senior, Ed would rule the entire town thanks to the fruits of his exploits. Mostly failed exploits, but it's the crime that counts, right?

The spoiled rich boy eyed his brother, squinting slightly and scrutinizing every inch of his face while he drove. Sam had been losing sleep again. While the bags were usually enough of an indication, Ed could also detect a familiar veil of dullness clouding his eyes. Sam was like this often, but Ed had lived with him long enough to know when he was going through an especially rough period. The faint sound of Sam's howls from across the hall at night was also a fairly key piece of evidence. "You want a hit?" he offered, holding up the joint to his chauffeur.

No matter how much Edwin tried to wrap his head around it, he just couldn't understand why Sam was constantly sullen over leading a life he could only dream of attaining. Instead, Ed was confined to the limits of what Little Baby Eddie could do, living luxuriously at home without ever needing to worry about working a day in his life. He relished being the favorite and soaked up praise from his family like a sponge, but it was the undesirable older brother he was jealous of. At the age of 18, he was feared, respected, trusted. And he... resented it? What an ingrate. Ed loved Sam just like a brother would, but he seriously could not stand the guy. At all.

Finally, when they reached Val's place, Ed stepped out of the car and took a few moments to admire her house. Sure, the Jarvis estate was easily larger and prettier, but Ed could appreciate good architecture when he saw it. No, Val's place wasn't too shabby. "Dude, hurry up!" he called to Sam, already taking off toward the door. He may have been stuck with Sam for the night, but that didn't mean he'd allow his partying mood to be restrained by his glorified bodyguard.
val's place
partaaay
clothes
Kio.exe Kio.exe (Sam)
coded by natasha.

Beck Walker

Beck was a little preoccupied to notice Dirk when he walked in at first, chuckling amusedly at the redhead on the ground as she seemed to realize her snack went missing and looked around for it. He handed her a normal cookie instead and hoped it would suffice. He looked up after a minute and met his friend's gaze.

A pause, then a grin as he waved him over.

"It's about time. I was worried you bailed on me or something - ran off with some chick." He swung his feet, bouncing his heels lightly against the cabinets. "Speaking of which, what the hell'd ya do to this girl and how long is it going to take me to get there?" Beck jabbed his thumb in her direction and then laughed, scooting down the countertop to be a little closer to his friend rather than a stranger.

"I only had a bite. Let me check again." He reached out and snagged the wrist of the hand Dirk was using to hold his treat. He pulled it close enough to reach and then took a bite, right out of his hand.

A few tangles of mahogany fringe tickled his face and his hazy eyes lit up with laughter as he tried to hold it in. "Mm, you know," He said, licking his lips, "not bad. Be better with walnuts or something but I can appreciate the consideration for allergies at a party."

The relationship they had was a strange one, for sure. Beck was generally a pretty easy person to get along with, but he didn't have many people he could call close friends. They were usually just convenient strangers with an empty couch he could crash on, or a stash of treats they were willing to share. And while, in the beginning, Dirk had been just that to him, the familiar habits and similar sense of... loneliness in the presence of others magnetized him. Even after Beck decided to drop out of Auburn Springs they stayed close - as close as two walking disasters could be anyway. Plus, it helped having a reliable place to crash.

"Nervous about something?" He leaned back and cocked his head to the side. "I would've thought you thrived at parties like this. Although, talk about a fucked atmosphere. Whose idea was it to shove together two groups of people that hate each other?" Beck grinned crookedly and popped a grape into his mouth.

outfit: party
interactions: dirk ( StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer )

Beck was a little preoccupied to notice Dirk when he walked in at first, chuckling amusedly at the redhead on the ground as she seemed to realize her snack went missing and looked around for it. He handed her a normal cookie instead and hoped it would suffice. He looked up after a minute and met his friend's gaze.
A pause, then a grin as he waved him over.
"It's about time. I was worried you bailed on me or something - ran off with some chick." He swung his feet, bouncing his heels lightly against the cabinets. "Speaking of which, what the hell'd ya do to this girl and how long is it going to take me to get there?" Beck jabbed his thumb in her direction and then laughed, scooting down the countertop to be a little closer to his friend rather than a stranger.
"I only had a bite. Let me check again." He reached out and snagged the wrist of the hand Dirk was using to hold his treat. He pulled it close enough to reach and then took a bite, right out of his hand.
A few tangles of mahogany fringe tickled his face and his hazy eyes lit up with laughter as he tried to hold it in. "Mm, you know," He said, licking his lips, "not bad. Be better with walnuts or something but I can appreciate the consideration for allergies at a party."
The relationship they had was a strange one, for sure. Beck was generally a pretty easy person to get along with, but he didn't have many people he could call close friends. They were usually just convenient strangers with an empty couch he could crash on, or a stash of treats they were willing to share. And while, in the beginning, Dirk had been just that to him, the familiar habits and similar sense of... loneliness in the presence of others magnetized him. Even after Beck decided to drop out of Auburn Springs they stayed close - as close as two walking disasters could be anyway. Plus, it helped having a reliable place to crash.
"Nervous about something?" He leaned back and cocked his head to the side. "I would've thought you thrived at parties like this. Although, talk about a fucked atmosphere. Whose idea was it to shove together two groups of people that hate each other?" Beck grinned crookedly and popped a grape into his mouth.

Dirk Morte: Outfit Feeling nervous

Dirk laughed, “I’d never leave you for some random girl.” Maybe he’d do that to any of his other ‘friends,’ but never Beck. He looked down at Darby, but his eyes ended up catching Becks kicking feet for just a second.Cute “Do you wanna find out?” He was about to grab Beck another brownie when the boy caught his wrist.

Dirk cringed slightly at the touch. He knew what being grabbed like that meant. It was time to fight, he had to- His eyes met Beck’s as his breath hitched. No, he was fine, he wasn’t with Danny, he was with Beck. He was safe here. Then why was his heart beating so fast? He watched as Beck took a bite from his brownie. Damn, this man was just stealing everyone’s snacks. It was only fair, a snack for a snacc.

Dirk loosened his body a little after the initial reaction to Beck’s touch. This was fine. The slight rush of adrenaline subsided and he smiled. He shouldn’t overreact like that, but he couldn’t help it. His eyes darted down to Beck’s lips as he licked them. He hoped the party was dark enough that the other boy couldn’t see the slight blood rush to his face. “Guess I’ll be making you some with walnuts sometime.”

Dirk mentally cursed when Beck asked him if he was nervous. Of course he was nervous, he was always mentally freaking out. Dirk would’ve changed the subject if Beck hadn’t immediately done it for him. He shook his head, “I don’t know where Val got the bright idea, but I’ve already seen a guy get slapped and I’ve been cursed at. But what else can you expect from those bridgers.” He shrugged it off. He didn’t want to admit that Henri seemed nice enough. He sure would’ve reacted the same way if someone talked about his dad like that.

Dirk grabbed another brownie as he finished his second one. It was started to get crowded as more people decided they needed to be drunker. “Hey, do you want to head out back? It’s probably quieter out there.”

Beck Walker

The tousled-haired boy hesitated slightly when he felt Dirk's reaction to his touch. Sure, it was sudden but... he wondered if everything was alright. He only held on for a moment after and then replaced his wrist with a brownie of his own, chuckling when Dirk showed his disdain for the sister school. Beck didn't harbor anything like that - he couldn't even really say he was one or the other based on how long he had attended Auburn Springs; well, based on how long he attended school in general. He found it amusing to see such an arbitrary line drawn. Although, what did he know. He was just an outsider.

“Hey, do you want to head out back? It’s probably quieter out there.” Beck pulled himself out of his thoughts and looked up in time to notice somebody shuffling by and bumping him trying to grab some snacks. He hopped off the counter and nodded, reaching over the table to grab a branch of grapes for later.

"Ah-" That's right, there was that girl sitting on the ground. Pausing to look down at her amidst the growing crowd, he wondered if she even realized she was down there. "Alright, up ya come." Not that he really cared where she was, but her long legs definitely posed a tripping problem, especially among all the drunks. Beck hooked his hands under her arms and pulled her up which, luckily, she realized she was supposed to do. Once she seemed steady enough, the grinning dropout turned back to Dirk and nodded his head toward the back door.

It was a nice night and much quieter once clearing into the back patio area. "Oh wow, is this what fresh air tastes like?" He teased. His mouth and lungs appreciated being filled with the coolness. Being high and outdoors felt great.

"Good idea, dirkenstock... dirk deckum... dee." He finger-gunned and then burst into a fit of giggles.

interactions: dirk

( StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer )

The tousled-haired boy hesitated slightly when he felt Dirk's reaction to his touch. Sure, it was sudden but... he wondered if everything was alright. He only held on for a moment after and then replaced his wrist with a brownie of his own, chuckling when Dirk showed his disdain for the sister school. Beck didn't harbor anything like that - he couldn't even really say he was one or the other based on how long he had attended Auburn Springs; well, based on how long he attended school in general. He found it amusing to see such an arbitrary line drawn. Although, what did he know. He was just an outsider.

“Hey, do you want to head out back? It’s probably quieter out there.” Beck pulled himself out of his thoughts and looked up in time to notice somebody shuffling by and bumping him trying to grab some snacks. He hopped off the counter and nodded, reaching over the table to grab a branch of grapes for later.

"Ah-" That's right, there was that girl sitting on the ground. Pausing to look down at her amidst the growing crowd, he wondered if she even realized she was down there. "Alright, up ya come." Not that he really cared where she was, but her long legs definitely posed a tripping problem, especially among all the drunks. Beck hooked his hands under her arms and pulled her up which, luckily, she realized she was supposed to do. Once she seemed steady enough, the grinning dropout turned back to Dirk and nodded his head toward the back door.

It was a nice night and much quieter once clearing into the back patio area. "Oh wow, is this what fresh air tastes like?" He teased. His mouth and lungs appreciated being filled with the coolness. Being high and outdoors felt great.

"Good idea, dirkenstock... dirk deckum... dee." He finger-gunned and then burst into a fit of giggles.

Dirk Morte: Outfit, feeling finally high enough

Dirk watched Beck lift Darby off the floor as they headed outside. She should be okay... probably. He felt the cool air hit his face once they’d found their way outside. The quiet was well received as he closed the door behind them. Like the house, Val’s backyard was huge. She even had a pool, though Dirk was unsure if that was off limits. Like you could keep anything off limits at a high school party.

Dirk felt a second wave of high as Beck started to say his name. Dirkenstock. Dirk deckum dee. Dirk laughed, leaning against the back of the house. He felt like if he didn’t support himself, he’d fall over. “My name sounds good when you say it.”

Dirk looked at the sky, it was almost entirely clear. He tried to make out any constellations, but holy shit is that hard to do when you’re on your third pot brownie. There were so many things he should be thinking about right now: Finishing homework, SAT prep, getting home without waking anybody up, but he wasn’t really thinking about any of that now. All he could think about was how good this fucking brownie was. Delectable.

Dirk turned his head to Beck, losing his balance a little as he did so. Maybe he should sit down. He made his way, very slowly, over to a patio chair and sat with his legs over the side. Oh this was much better. He looked at Beck again, placing his chin in his hands. He had no clue what to say. He just stared at the other boy in the dim light, admiring the way it bounced off the high points of his face. He still felt the soft pulse of the music from the inside. This was nice. It’s exactly how he wanted to feel tonight. He finished his brownie, letting his head fall back, “This is so much better than getting my ass kicked at home. What he’d said didn’t exactly process in his brain. He was just saying what he was thinking.

Drake
INTERACTIONS

Milo

MENTIONS

N/A

That brought the faintest twitch of a smile to the edges of Drake's lips. "Can't imagine why," he remarked at Milo saying Drake was the only person he wanted to hangout with at this party. That couldn't be true -- and, if it was, then what the hell was wrong with Milo? Drake was a... disaster on a good day. The happiness, the energy, the mania was all just a temporary, elevated mood that eventually would be pulled out from underneath him like a rug and would leave Drake as he was now.

Lying on a bed, or lying on the floor, with the wind knocked out of his lungs. His gaze was still focused on the ceiling but now moved towards the fan in the center of the ceiling -- studying the blades. Not for any particular reason, other than the fact that Drake needed somewhere or something to look at, and staring at up at the pristine white ceiling reminded him too much of the time that he'd spent in the hospital, or in rehab, or any other number of places.

It was strange to him that black was the symbolic color for death when it obviously should be white. Because white was there in every place of death.

Drake swallowed, hard, a lump starting to form in his throat from who fucking knew what anymore. It always felt like there was a lump forming in his throat with the cause varying from moment to moment -- sometimes it was him trying to choke back a sob, sometimes it was simply because swallowing his own spit took everything out of him. It was hard to say.

Milo asked if Drake wanted him to go.

Drake didn't know.

"I miss Adriane." He said all of a sudden and now, now, he could feel it starting. Something that he couldn't stop. Tears welling up in his eyes when he uttered her name. "Sorry, I... I don't.... want you to go. Go if you want, but... you can stay. It's just..." he hesitated, swallowing that lump in his throat again. "Adriane used to sit with me. Like this."

He missed her so, so fucking much. When she'd left, everyone had been there for Mason and Ari at her abandonment. But no one had been there for Drake because in theory, he shouldn't have been so choked up over it, right? But Adriane had been such a big part of his life for those couple years that she'd been in the boys' lives that when he lost her...

Drake had been left feeling lost.

"Thanks. For uhh... being here. With me. I shouldn't have come tonight."

Beck Walker

“My name sounds good when you say it.”

Beck smiled to himself. "Does it?" Chin tipped back, he stared at the sky, taking Dirk's lead in looking for constellations. He saw one that could be a duck. Oohh that one's a line. A long one. Nice. He would have raised his hand to point it out but lifting it seemed like a little too much effort.

"Oh-" He chuckled to himsef when he thought he spotted another constellation - a really bright star - but it was just the porch light. He blinked up at it a while longer and then pushed a hand through his hair when he brought his head back down. Dirk wasn't standing next to him anymore, and with a sleepy gaze he followed the sound of his voice to where he had sat himself down.

Beck pushed off the wall and wobbled toward him, although the sparkling blue glow of the pool's glimmering surface caught his attention first. He sat down on the ground only a few steps from where he had been and kicked off his shoes. Then, inch by inch, he scooted over to the edge of the pool - essentially a goofy mix of crab walk and inchworming.

"...ass kicked at home." Huh. Lidded blue eyes lifted to where Dirk was watching him, and he tipped his head. A shared sentiment, it would seem. "Mm... better than... roaming around somewhere or crashing with a stranger..." Beck tucked a few tangled curls behind his ear and swung his bare feet over the edge of the pool. It was cool, but compared to the simliarly cool air it felt great. He sighed and laid back, crossing his arms under his head. He grinned when he realized if he tipped his chin way back he could see Dirk sitting nearby.

Swinging his feet slowly, he splashed a little. He couldn't tell if he was floating or the world was floating around him, but it felt really good. What a great time for a grape. He took the vine out of his pocket and popped one in his mouth, then chucked another over his head. "Catch, hehe." Neither of them currently had the coordination to either throw nor catch, so it inevitably bounced off the ground and rolled into the shadows to be stepped on later.

The hems of his pants were getting wet, but he didn't mind. "Thanks for inviting me." He hummed, squinting through the backlighting Dirk was sat in front of. "I bet you'd be bored without me. So I guess you're welcome for coming." The boy stuck out his tongue playfully and then swallowed another grape, letting the vine dangle over his face.

interactions: Dirk

( StrawberryDreamer StrawberryDreamer )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back