• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Attack on Reus OOC

MythyDW

Five Thousand Club
CS - IC
~~~

Greetings and welcome to the OOC for my latest creation. I have only a few rules I wish you to follow:
  1. Respect One Another - Self Explanatory. Differences in opinion may arise, but please keep everything civil and kind.
  2. GM has the final say - Especially in cases of the game world, but also in general chatting: Please respect my word.
  3. Please no discussions about IRL politics, religion, etc - I respect everyone's right to have opinions on the hot topics, but said hot topics can very easily spiral out of control and leave people feeling sour. So let's try to keep things light-hearted and fun.
  4. No Meme-spam - This includes pics and gifs. Some once in a while are fine, but don't post too many too often. Also reference Rule #3
  5. FOLLOW RPN RULES - That one is important for obvious reasons
  6. Have fun - If you're not having fun, please let me know! I would like constructive feedback when you have it, and also don't be afraid to point out flaws in my posts - I am human and make mistakes too.
Welcome! You may call me Mythy, and this is my latest RP idea. Look it over and feel free to ask questions or chat, or hopefully even join in!

The premise of this RP is that the players are part of a squadron of Mecha Regios pilots on the front line of the battle against the Kaiju Reus. They will be one among many to be given the mission of pushing back the Reus, reclaiming worlds, and perhaps even finding and destroying the source of these beasts.

~~

The Rani:

The Rani are a bio-silicate being which were nomadic following the destruction of their homeworld by Reus, and before their adoption by humans. They are remarkably similar to humans with a few major differences. First, their body heat tends to be much warmer, thus they tend to dress down. And second, their bio-silicate tail can interface directly with a Regios or other electronics. There has not been a noticeable advantage between this and the standard VR connection Rig that human pilots use.

As well, they are less diverse in their beliefs and culture, due to being a space-based nomad fleet for so long. However, they have begun to adapt and adopt to human cultures and beliefs in the many years since. Some humans still wonder if they were the original creators of the Reus.
alien_hunter_anime_style_color_by_jocachi.jpg

The Regios:

Regios are the main line of defense in fighting against the Reus threat. Each one is powered by a Rani core called the heart and are always a simple skeleton when rolled out of a birthing factory. The body is made up of nanomachines which automatically sync with the pilot and change the interior, exterior and systems to best suit the pilot's style. There are four main classes of Regios, though as always with the diversity of living beings there is room for some overlap

Defenders - Shielding & Armor Focus with few powerful weapons
mecha_in_the_mist_by_v_shane-d96oy9k.jpg

mecha_study_1_by_estevesluis-d8skipn.jpg
Bruisers - Heavily Armed, Closer Range (usually)
e17a5e8a35144ef88f8baaa1b203546a.jpg
bcf34254cec82b4dfd2e36fb6a6fa2fc.jpg
Snipers - Agile with Jump Power and Long-Range weapons
flight_suit_by_yangyoonyoung-d7w5bae.jpg

9c7d5f9d2d998e22b6699972272c9783.jpg
Sparrow - Flight Mechs, Bad at CQC but Decent Range
mecha_jet_fighter___condor_by_emersontung-d6j3frr.jpg

The Reus:

Giant bio-silicate monsters, they are the largest threat to humans and Rani, with forces that can take on or counter every conventional and Regios-based weapon toe-to-toe. For every battle that is won, a battle is lost. And with it a fleet, city, or even planet. They come in all various shapes and sizes, though what follows is a general overview of classes:

Beast Class I - Smaller, left normally to military tanks and smaller battle suits.

Beast Class II - Half the size of a Regios, more of a danger due to the tendency to swarm.

Beast Class III - Regios Size, can be a 1 on 1 threat with Regios usually.

Dragon Class I - Normal flyer types.

Dragon Class II - Bombers, targets are usually cities and bases.

Dragon Class III - Equivalent of Navy Carriers, tends to transport other Reus.

Dragon Class IV - A type of Leviathan, equivalent to Navy Dreadnoughts.

Stalker Class I - Regios Size, quick slasher type.

Stalker Class II - Regios size, sniper type.

Leviathan Classes
I is Regios size with heavy firepower or melee ability, and grow all the way to class V which are about 3 times the size, and only been recorded once in a battle that destroyed a PLANET, the Rani homeworld.

The Galaxy:

Terra - Earth - is the core-most world that is inhabited by humans and Rani. The original human homeworld, Earth is very much the definition of a Utopia. Fixed and stable climate, gleaming megalopolises, perfect application of life-technologies. The central seat of government is on Terra, a council of humans and Rani which proposes and enacts galactic change in law.

Spread out from there, many many colony worlds exist. Some are more simple, rural, farming planets. Some are more gleaming megalopolis with plenty to distract a weary soul - unless they want a place to truly commune with nature. Spattered amongst the planets are Regios academies and factories, where new pilots are trained to fight the Reus threat, and more Regios are grown around the mystical 'heart' to fight with each pilot.

~~

Character Sheet:

Name:
Race: (Human or Rani)
Appearance: (Pic or Description or both is fine)
Soldier Gear: (One Weapon and One Sidearm, as well as a flight suit and some gear - for out of Regios Excursions)

Regios Name:
Regios Classification:
Regios Specs: (Armor, Systems, Weaponry - get as fancy as you would like)
Regios Appearance: (Pic or Description or both)

Personality:
History: