• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Fourteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I understand it, there's the cave where Barathus and the others are, and then there's the tunnel we're in, and then there's the giant. Past the giant is the way we originally came when SkySting dropped us off, and assorted other tunnels we didn't go down (including the one the Thri-Kreen ran away through). Past Barathus is where we need to go (up the wall on the precarious poles).

Nope! It's back where you were at the Varelys Trading Post. There, the cul-de-sac turns into a wide tunnel leading upward. There is a rotted staircase very difficult for Medium-sized creatures to navigate, but for the Felane-bodied? Not so difficult. =)

So, just to be clear, in order for us to advance into the dungeons under the castle, we need to get past the giant, correct?

Not by my account. Here's an inexcusably poor rendering of what is my understanding of the current situation. Pending Dannigan's evaluation.

479bf37a046c21e20a3e1d47eb935cdf.jpg

Poor rendering or not, what is this, National Geographic? That map is accurate for our purposes. Thanks, Wolf!

Psychie Psychie
So, just to be clear, in order for us to advance into the dungeons under the castle, we need to get past the giant, correct?

No. Your party has to return to Varelys Trading Post and go up. =)

EDIT: I hope to post later on today.

So the plan is to try and see if we can talk our way out of trouble, and if not we have no choice but to try and disable/slow the giant while we make a hasty retreat into the castle.

I feel for Bren, Kaerri, it does seem like right now everyone is just hanging around and waiting for him to solve the problem. I mean, I caused the problem, and I have no idea what to do. I kind of really want to try and make use of Nivirea's insanely high Bluff skill to try and mislead the giant somehow, but I still need to come up with an idea of what to say IRL... I mean, his disadvantage is obviously his lack of intelligence (not to mention lack of sanity). It must be easier to exploit that rather than look for obscure ways to put him to sleep or overcome his physical defenses. If anyone has any suggestions along this line of thinking, I'm all ears *woof*

If we don't need to go past the giant, I am all for going back the way we came and get the heck out of there.

I wanted to post last night, but my brain intervened with a migraine and decided I wanted 12 hours of sleep (on and off) instead. I'll try again when I'm up to it.

Did anyone else want to post in-game? So far, it's been Oti.

Well, I definitely want to post something, I've just been trying to coordinate a bit in the OOC.

Sherwood, I don't think simply turning tail and running off would work. The giant will easily catch up with us, and we'll be vulnerable climbing the poles up the castle wall. Not sure whether or not he could even follow us up. And of course, what about Varelys and his servants? What were we even going to do about them in the first place?

Post away then, Wolf. =) I will hold off for a bit.

Well, I'm not able to post today, so you'd have to hold off another whole day. Combined with the fact that I'm not even sure what to post yet, it might be a futile wait at that. If you were about to post today, go ahead. Thanks.

Ack. I just realized I'd updated Bren's skills to the Pathfinder 2.0 ones... but only in the post where I was tracking updates, not on his actual sheet. You want me to go ahead and change the sheet now?

Kaerri Kaerri Yes, please. I was wondering about that. =)

With the exception of Cap'n, whose character sheet I updated, I think everyone's character sheets are still stuck back on 1st edition?

We're using a new skill list now, though, and I think some feats have changed? Probably not Nivirea's feats, but she'll need updated skill assignments.

Dann, are we using the total skill modifier calculation from 2.0 also or just the list of skills? Makes a huge difference in the total modifier, plus 2.0 doesn't use class bonuses so if we're using those, I'd like to have specified what skills are class skills for each class (or at least the ones we're playing). Also, reminder that Perception is not a skill in 2.0 so it will need to be added to the list unless you want it worked separately.

Did all of the proposed changes pass? I'm not sure from the discussion that followed the proposal.

Last edited:
Well, I thought we'd reverted from 2.0 back to 1.0 before any solid adjustments could even be made, but I do remember Dann mentioning some compromises he was considering. I was not made aware that any of it affected my character, however.

Yep! Three big changes only a few PCs have made:

1. All Skills are out of Pathfinder 2.0 (so folks have to respec their Skills; let me know if you want help)
2. A 3rd Signature Ability was awarded some time ago and I don't think everyone chose theirs.
3. My Feat changes went into effect and some PCs Feats were indeed affected. I wrote everything out; I just need to remember to add it to Shop Talk, but those folks who were paying attention knew what was what. =)

Purr Purr , I humbly request some aid with the shift over to the new skills. I am uncertain how many skill points that I have to spend for Luna with the change to the 2.0 skills.

Sherwood Sherwood 110. (Wizard adjusted Skill Points 4/level) + (Luna's Int Bonus +6/level) x 11 = 110.

Migraines can last for about 3 days. I think the one I've got is trying for a new record. Time will tell and I apologize if I've done the math wrong. =)

Wait, we're using the 2.0 skills now? Oh boy...

So basically, I need to ditch the 1.0 list and replace everything with 2.0 ones. Ok. I'm not sure how to calculate skill points, either, since those calculations depend on stuff that comes before and I don't know what else we're using and what we aren't :s

Last edited:
Please take this in as friendly a way as possible: RpNation does not condone piracy of any kind (whether it's anime, music, or RPG pdfs) and in fact you can get in trouble for posting links to piracy websites.

/admin hat off
/player hat on

There is a reason I link to this website every time I quote the Pathfinder rules. Two reasons, actually. The first is that Paizo's official website links to them, which means they're officially endorsed and therefore not pirating. (In fact, the Archives of Nethys people have their website updates posted in the Paizo forums in the Licensed Products section, which is fairly official recognition in my book.) The second is that they have all the information you'd find in the books, just not the artwork, and they cover both editions. (On desktop, there's a switch at the bottom of the sidebar. On mobile, the switch is at the bottom of the menu you get by clicking the button at the top left.)

Dann, are we using the total skill modifier calculation from 2.0 also or just the list of skills? Makes a huge difference in the total modifier, plus 2.0 doesn't use class bonuses so if we're using those, I'd like to have specified what skills are class skills for each class (or at least the ones we're playing). Also, reminder that Perception is not a skill in 2.0 so it will need to be added to the list unless you want it worked separately.

Did all of the proposed changes pass? I'm not sure from the discussion that followed the proposal.

Somehow, I completely missed this entire post. (I blame darned migraine...)

1. I made a list of skills earlier. When I have time, I'll try and remember to post it again. If memory serves, it was just class (minimum 4 Skills/level) + (ability score modifier).

2. I added Perception (plus at least two of its uses) in the 2.0 list.

3. I believe all of the proposed changes passed (because I cannot, for the life of me, think of any that didn't).

I don't have time now to look all this up, but I will come tomorrow. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back