• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Astrella's Boarding School for the Powered ~ Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
~Waylin & Nixiia~
Most of the students were done with their runes if the volume of the chattering around them was anything to go by. Nixiia was splayed out on Waylin's head as she listened to her ward talk about his dream and the pewter stone he held. The mage seemed fascinated with the rune and had been theorizing what it was meant to do, if it could do anything else, if the stone itself had magical properties too, yada yada yada. Not that she didn't enjoy hearing Waylin speak, she honestly loved how his voice rose in pitch as he got excited, but she couldn't care less about the stone what it does. The faerie didn't really trust this whole forest adventure to begin with, and she felt even more uneasy after Waylin was swallowed up by the rune's magic. It felt...wrong; not the magic itself, but the way it seemed to muffle their bond. They hadn't been bonded together for too long, and they occasionally overloaded each other with their emotions, but the absolute silence she felt from Waylin had scared her in ways that she would never admit. Even now, she was doing her best to keep her unease muffled so that she keep listening to the pure delight in her charge's voice. It felt like he was dead.

Fear. The thought was violently removed, but it was too late. Even though she was buried in his hair, Nixiia could feel Waylin freeze as his words cut off. Shit. Worrying the boy was the last thing she wanted, but luckily he didn't get a chance to probe into her emotions. The wind had suddenly picked up, and as the faerie clutched onto some strands of her mage's hair she could make out something approaching. Dragon. Panic! Protect! She didn't get a chance to react before the mage's hands deftly scooped her up into his palms and clutched her close to his chest. From outside her little cave, Nixiia could hear the wind whistling before finally settling down. Trepidation. When the fingers caging her in didn't move, the faerie forcefully poked her head out before Waylin finally opened his hands up. "What was that?" the mage asked. Nixiia didn't answer immediately; instead, her wings fluttered before raising her up in order to see over the crowd.

Looks like I was right. Surrounded by a crowd of excited students, a dragon with shining golden scales stood before them as a man dismounted from the creature's back. Suspicion. Nixiia narrowed her eyes; dragons didn't usually let people ride them, and when they did they were typically very picky. Whoever that man is, he's more powerful than he looks. Hell, he might not even be human. Concern. Floating back down, Nixiia landed back atop of Waylin's head instead of returning to his open palms. "Some man rode a dragon here," she reported disinterestedly. Despite her attempt at downplaying the scene in front of them, Nixiia could feel excitement flood their bond.

"A dragon? We have to get closer!" The mage let his excitement take over as he blindly moved forward.

Panic! "Whoa!" The faerie yanked roughly on the boy's hair, causing him to jerk to a halt before he accidentally bumped into another student. "Hold up! You're going to hurt yourself!" Embarrassment. Despite the annoyance she felt, affection surged through her at Waylin's single-minded eagerness. "OK," shifting into a comfortable position, Nixiia said, "Turn 45 degrees to the right and move forward until I say stop." The mage obeyed without hesitation, and the two weaved through the crowd as his faerie continued to give him instructions. Finally, they made it to the front towards the dragon. "Stop."

Immediately, Waylin froze. Anticipation. "Are we near the dragon? What does it look like?" Nixiia opened her mouth to respond, but quickly closed it as the man from the dragon came near them. The faerie could feel the mage tense up in response to her own unease, so she offered him a reassuring pat as her gaze tracked the man's every move.

"Hold out your hands," Nixiia whispered. Her ward had put out his hands just in time for the mysterious dragon rider to place an egg in them. For a heart-stopping second, the faerie made eye contact with the man; but as soon as it had happened, it was over and he had moved onto the next student. She waited until he was out of earshot before finally relaxing. "I don't trust him," she muttered. She hated not knowing things, especially when her charge was interacting with said things. Speaking of which... Fluttering off of the mage's head and in hovering in front of his now occupied hands, the faerie stared at the object in confusion. "...is that an egg?"

Cheerfully, Waylin said, "I have no idea!" while staring blankly into the distance with an equally vacant smile.

Amusement. Nixiia squashed the emotion as she flew up to smack the mage's shoulder. "Stop making those faces!" The reprimand wasn't as forceful as she wanted it to be since amusement kept trickling through their bond and her voice wavered with a hint of laughter.

Waylin turned his disturbingly vacant expression towards her, but purposefully stared near her rather than at her. "I have no idea what you're talking about," he responded innocently. Mischief. From behind the dark lenses of his sunglasses, the mage blinked his unseeing eyes rapidly, causing Nixiia to hit him again. While she knew that he really couldn't see her, their bond allowed him to feel her presence. Not to mention that he's smart enough to figure out what things are on his own. Judging by the way the mage was gingerly holding the object in his hands, he had already figured out that it was an egg.

"You're a child." Again, affection ruined her chastising tone. Fluttering closer to the egg, she could feel the familiar pull of magic emitting from it. Swirling patterns danced across the surface of the egg as it seemed to feed off of the magic that radiated off of Waylin. Pressing her lips into a tight line, the faerie eyed the egg with suspicion. It's not hurting him for now, but is this safe? Nixiia watched the mage's fingers flutter over the surface of the egg as she contemplated what to do with it.

The faerie's train of thought was interrupted by the dragon rider as his voice carried over the crowd of gathered students. "These are your charges for the next few days. This is your living assignment. Treat them well, be careful with them, keep them close, and they will hatch. If you fail, you may end up killing the creature forming inside. If you succeed, as we expect you will, you will have a companion for life. Some may not hatch, particularly if you have no magical energy whatsoever, or very very little, but most will. There is not one singular creature or even type of creature that could come of this. It will vary greatly from person to person," he closed the bag as he spoke, looking at the students with a curious smile, "Again, if you're particularly magically inclined, you may even feel a link form. This will be exciting." The man paused for a moment before continuing, "Now then, I need each of you to tell me what you saw in your dream visions. The significant object, person, place, etc. I don't need the whole spiel. One at a time."

Excitement! Nixiia rolled her eyes. He is way too excited for this. But then again, pets were good for adolescents, right? If he wasn't able to make a friend in his class, then this would be the best next thing! I'll just have to keep an eye on it, her gaze drifted up to the looming dragon, I don't think the school will let us keep the egg if it hatches into a dragon. "Nix!" The faeries attention snapped back to her ward. "Where do I go?" The poor boy was shifting his weight in anticipation as his head eagerly tilted towards the chattering of students. With a smile, Nixiia found her familiar spot on top of Waylin's head and leaned towards his ear in order to whisper instructions to him. The boy hunched his shoulders as he clutched the egg close and somewhat robotically made his way towards the line. When they joined the end of the line of students, Nixiia took the time to analyze the people in front of them. There were only a handful of note-worthy students in front of them. A boy with magic, but not a traditional magic user. Elemental? It was hard to tell what element he was, but the wild energy that came from him definitely felt like an elemental. A boy that was behind the elemental had magic radiating off of him in stronger waves. A mage! The fact that there were other traditional mages meant that Waylin would be able to make some like-minded friends. Maybe they'll understand his theories. A girl towards the front of the line confused the faerie though. The girl looked a lot like a faerie, but the magic she was emitting was wrong. What the hell? However, as the line moved forward Nixiia's attention returned to the dragon rider, and she ducked back down into Waylin's hair.

Too soon, they were at the front of the line with the man's expectant gaze boring into them. The faerie gave the mage a swift tap, "Ah, we-I mean I was at the beach and the water swallowed me." The man didn't say anything, but nodded in acknowledgement. With a sharp tug on his hair that tilted his head to the left, Waylin awkwardly shuffled sideways and out of the way. The faerie was grateful that the mage never asked why she had stayed silent and hidden during their interaction with the man. I don't like not knowing what he is. It set her on edge and made her reluctant to let Waylin near the dragon rider. As he stopped, Nixiia let out a sigh of relief. Finally, they could relax- Curiosity. "Do you think that he'll let us ask questions when he's done?" The faerie let out a groan.

Deathkitten Deathkitten
((I mentioned Osuka Osuka 's Fay and Tsunami))

Last edited:
Deathkitten Deathkitten
Mitsu Suzumebachi

The young woman cradled the stone--or egg, she supposed-- in her hands. She held it above her head, and marveled upon it in wonder. The pattern on it swirled and she swore the egg vibrated against her skin. The man who had given her this gift was something else to stare at, too. She couldn't help but fixate on Ozarin for a few moments, clearly enjoying the view before turning towards Jashi'il. The dragon was a massive creature, and as tempting as it was to go over and pet it, she didn't know if it liked people other than its rider. Instead, she allowed her hornets to examine their new companion.

Once it was her turn to speak, she looked at the exceedingly handsome man and attempted to articulate what she had seen.

"I was on a stage in front of all my friends and family! And I was being given an award! I don't know what the award was, but it made me feel wonderful!" She blurted out.

She then continued to examine the egg. She was fascinated by it--that much was obvious. As someone who used magic with living things constantly, she instantly felt a connection to whatever creature grew inside of it. She held it up to her face, and pressed a kiss to the shell.

"I'll keep you safe." She whispered.

She didn't really care who had seen her speak to it. This was her child, now.

~Taylor Walker~
Kaleb seemed to be taking a while, and it was honestly getting a little concerning. The blond glanced at the nearby teachers but none of them seemed to be on edge. Shifting his gaze around the area, the mage noticed that there were other students that were exploring their minds. Wonder what's taking them so long. Maybe they were the ones having a nice experience and didn't want to leave their little vacations too soon. Turning on his phone's camera for the hundredth time, Taylor examined his face once again. At least it's not as red as before. The wind blew a few locks out of place, causing him to huff angrily and smooth them back into place. However, the wind didn't stop; instead, the mage's hair whipped around as the wind picked up violently. Shit! Confused and excited shouts ripped through the crowd of students and didn't stop even when the wind itself did.

Brushing his now undone hair out of his face, Taylor glared at the source of the commotion. Is that a fucking dragon? The blond's eyes widened for a moment, before they narrowed back into slits at the sight of a man gracefully dismounting the creature. Douchebag. He had to admit, that was an amazing entrance; on the other hand, now his hair was fucked up. Muttering furious curses under his breath, Taylor took the time to reopen his phone's camera in order to repair the damage the wind had wrought on his hair. After more than one pain-staking attempt, the mage had managed to pull his hair into an acceptable ponytail. That dragon better not mess it up again. He eyed the creature suspiciously, but it gave no signs that it would start flapping its wings again. The blond's gaze moved from the dragon to the dragon's rider. The man was surrounded by students, and seemed to be passing something out; Omura seemed to be helping the man. Kiss ass. Taylor debated whether or not to make his way towards them in order to get his own little surprise. The murmurs of the students rose in pitch as excitement took ahold of them, causing the mage to burn with curiosity. Assholes or not, I am not missing out on this. With a hesitant glance towards Kaleb, Taylor swiftly climbed to his feet and made his way through the mob of students. Zeroing in on the dragon rider, the blond weaved through the crowd until he was next to the man. The mage held his hands out expectantly and received a round stone.

Confused, Taylor stared down at the thing in his hands. The stone itself was perfectly round with some odd patterns etched across it. Rage boiled in his stomach. Is this another fucking stone!? Shooting the dragon rider's back a venomous glare, the blond worked to reign in his anger. Don't make a scene, don't make a scene, don't make a scene. He had class damn it; he was not about to have a meltdown like some sort of child in front of everyone. Taking a deep breath in and letting it out slowly, the mage felt himself regain control of his emotions. Gazing back down at the object in his hands, he could at least admire the intricate patterning it had. Worst case scenario: I have a cute little decoration for the dorm room. Pleased with the idea of the beautiful stone adorning his room, Taylor's musing were cut off as the dragon rider's voice boomed around them.

"These are your charges for the next few days. This is your living assignment. Treat them well, be careful with them, keep them close, and they will hatch. If you fail, you may end up killing the creature forming inside. If you succeed, as we expect you will, you will have a companion for life. Some may not hatch, particularly if you have no magical energy whatsoever, or very very little, but most will. There is not one singular creature or even type of creature that could come of this. It will vary greatly from person to person," he closed the bag as he spoke, looking at the students with a curious smile, "Again, if you're particularly magically inclined, you may even feel a link form. This will be exciting." The man paused for a moment before continuing, "Now then, I need each of you to tell me what you saw in your dream visions. The significant object, person, place, etc. I don't need the whole spiel. One at a time."

Motherfucker. With those words, the blond's ideas went up in flames. An egg? Like a pet? Admittedly the mage had never had a pet before, but the animals he came across while homeless left something to be desired. Not to mention how much work it is. Then again... Taylor's gaze drifted towards the dragon and a grin crept onto his face. Images of him riding a dragon to school filled his head, and the idea made him preen. Maybe having a pet won't be so bad. Feeling much more cooperative, the mage made his way to the line of students. The girl in front of him was practically vibrating; clearly, she was more than thrilled about her egg. As the mage contemplated on what he was going to tell the man, the girl in front of him suddenly blurted out, "I was on a stage in front of all my friends and family! And I was being given an award! I don't know what the award was, but it made me feel wonderful!" Taylor flinched at the volume, and raised a questioning eyebrow as he watched her kiss her egg and whisper to it. OK, she's way too excited for this. Turning to face front again, the blond suddenly found the dragon rider's attention on him.

While the mage was still somewhat annoyed about the man's grand entrance whipping his hair around, Taylor couldn't help it when his gaze lingered on the man's abs for a little longer than necessary. Hot damn. His eyes snapped back to the man's face as soon as he realized that he was staring. "I was given my acceptance letter to this school and woke up." There, short and sweet. No need to give him unnecessary details. Moving aside in order to let the next person have their turn, Taylor paused in order to get another good look of the man. Don't be creepy. The blond moved further away from the dragon rider and towards a more secluded spot. I really should've brought a purse. Hopefully they wouldn't have any strenuous activities for the day, otherwise their eggs would have a high risk of being smashed.
Deathkitten Deathkitten ((Kaleb is mentioned and so is JulesX JulesX 's Mitsu))

This was by far her favorite trip to date. And her favorite route. And favorite time of day. Red River Gorge--a damn good place for climbing. She had gone with her brother and mother when she was twelve, was the only one to do any real climbing. Her mother opted to hike, and her brother belayed her for his fear of heights and the fact that it was necessary that someone belay.

But now it was just Brigid and her brother.
And she sun was beginning to set, easily visible across the gorge from where she sat on a large, flat rock at the top of one of the routes. The sky was coloured yellow at the horizon, it looked like lemonade, and above, it faded slowly into a pale green. Behind her the blue of the sky was so dark one could finally understand what the colour of ‘midnight blue’ was intended to be. Even though it was only early evening; no stars were even visible yet.
Except one, below her, bobbing back and forth jarringly. Her brother was waving an LED lantern to get her attention. Jokingly, she clapped her hand and and a bright light appeared beside her and mimicked it. But after a moment she sighed heavily and stood up.
She lit the path with her magic to make it easier to come down the wall, and when her feet hit the ground, her brother spoke up.
‘Let's pack up and get to the car. Gotta get to the campsite with enough time to eat dinner.’ He held the lantern out for her to take. Brigid made a face of mock offense and gestured to the glowing orb floating beside her.
‘Come on,’
‘Oh, fine!’
She giggled and shrugged overdramatically before she took the lantern,

And woke up.
A bit of loose hair was in her face. Brigid tucked it back into her bun and turned her attention to the noise of mild commotion.
Was that a dragon?
What the hell?
Superpowers were a thing she could easily wrap her mind around. They were common, kind of. But that was a dragon. That was literally a winged, flying, from-legends-and-folk-tales style dragon.

Brigid joined the crowd surrounding it.
Catching the tail end of ‘tell me about your dreams,’ she held out her hand and took one of the stones. Which were apparently eggs, according to his next words. She quietly ‘awww’d at it, and began absentmindedly studying the fine spirals over its surface. When there was a lull in chatter, she took it as her turn to speak, so she quietly recounted;
‘I was watching the sun setting from the top of a climbing route, and when I got back to the ground my brother handed me a lantern and I woke up.’ Brigid left it at that, quick and simple, before turning back to the egg.
‘This is so cool,’ She mused to no one in particular. 'We each get a little friend! And the egg's shell is so pretty, isn't it?' She giggled.
Kyrenka Kyrenka JulesX JulesX Osuka Osuka WeaselThor WeaselThor Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving gloomyResearcher gloomyResearcher Djinni Djinni OnyxReaper OnyxReaper Steve Freeling Steve Freeling MirrorBoy MirrorBoy (I certainly hope I managed to tag everyone. At least everyone near the dragon dude)

1544698977791.pngOzarin nodded to each of the children as they told him what they saw, mulling it all over. Most had normal, calm responses to the visions... though a few others were... odd. He looked over to Tsunami, furrowing his brow a bit. That child had a particularly strange response. Then, as well, there was a mute among the group. That was in and of itself bizarre. Some were muttering to themselves, loving up on the eggs, and generally acting like kids. All in all, it didn't seem like that bad of a group.

He sighed a bit and let himself relax a little, a small crease of a smile folding itself from his mouth, "Alright! Good to know. You need to keep these things in mind. In some way, they're what's really important to you, whether it's something that bothers you or something that you're drawn to in a positive way. I understand it's early in your semester, but you have to understand that Villains will use whatever bothers you. It's important you know what bugs you or what matters to you so you can keep the people and things you love safe. With that out of the way, you're free to do as you please until lunch. The only rules are, well, follow the law, of course, and don't go past the road. If you need something, find one of your teachers, myself, Jashi'il, or Omura. If you have questions, feel free to ask myself, Jashi'il, or Omura. I don't think your teachers could really answer well enough about the location or what we're doing here as well as one of us could."

1544699004017.pngAs Ozarin spoke, Jashi'il padded up to one of the broken drones and picked it up in his mouth, walking off with it in the direction that the classes had walked into the forest, somewhat resembling a puppy with a toy in it's jaws with how his tail swung back and forth like a slow pendulum. It brushed up against trees as he passed and a number of magical creatures floated around him, trying to get his attention unsuccessfully as he headed off.

Ozarin looked after the dragon and, once he was done explaining that this morning was a bit of free time until lunch, he motioned to Omura to begin speaking.

1544698958109.pngOmura sighed, looking a little frustrated that all of his conversation and plans had been so rudely interrupted by his master.

"Right, well children, if you'd like to, I could show you to the cabins. You'll be spending a couple of days here as we do a variety of school events and tasks, so it would behoove you to know where you'll be sleeping. That said, as Ozarin pointed out, you are free to do as you wish. If you'd like to see the cabins, simply follow me," he explained and began walking off further into the forest, following a dirt path that led off from the little ruins they had been at. He was making sure to walk slowly enough for people to easy follow should they decide to.

De'kiral, looking down at Elizar signing at him, smiled sweetly at her eager questions. "Calm down," he responded, chuckling a little, "He makes it sound so much more dramatic than he needs to, if you ask me. I can't tell what it'll hatch into... at least I don't think I can... but I would hardly want to try anyway. I wouldn't want to somehow mess it up. You don't need to keep it warm, but it might make a better bond with you if you give it lots of love and attention like warmth. Magic is enough for it. To give it magic, you just have to be near it. It will naturally pull in mana. That said, you can focus on it and send mana to it. It's like sending positive thoughts, but a lot more tiring. Too much won't kill it. The more you can give it, the more powerful of a familiar it'll be."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Players, you have a few options ahead of you based on where you head from here. In the beginning of your next post, please make sure to denote the location your character(s) are heading to.​

Ruins - You're staying put. This is where you currently are.
Follow the Dragon - As it sounds, you're following the dragon.
Cabins - You're following Omura to the cabins.
Cliffs - You've decided to try to find the cliffs.
Coast - You've decided to try to find the coast.
Forest - You've decided to explore the forest.
Magical Creature Exploring - You've decided to attempt to follow, catch, or interact with the magical creatures that are attracted to the magical power of an individual.
Up - If you have a flight ability, you've decided to go up.
Meandering - You've decided to mindlessly wander... do you want to get lost?
Delinquent - You're a delinquent student, and you've decided to actually check in with Lu-Dao before you try running off.
Other - These were just ones I have ideas for already, but if you have another idea not covered here, feel free.

The time is approximately 0900.

(( WeaselThor WeaselThor Kyrenka Kyrenka Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Osuka Osuka Djinni Djinni OnyxReaper OnyxReaper JulesX JulesX gloomyResearcher gloomyResearcher Steve Freeling Steve Freeling MirrorBoy MirrorBoy Astralworks Astralworks Sorry if I missed anyone. It's still really difficult without the user list.))​

~Taylor Walker~​
Ruins (Stayed Put)...

The mage listened carefully to what the dragon rider and Omura were saying. Wait, it's not even time for lunch yet? He wasn't sure how to feel about that; it felt jarring, in a way, since that pewter stone's mind bullshit felt like hours. However, his lurking bitterness towards the activity was forgotten when realization sunk in this wan't a one-day trip; this was a multi day trip.

No.

No no no no no no- Absolutely stunned, Taylor watched as Omura began walking away to whatever 'cabins' they were staying at. The blond whipped around to gauge other people's reactions. Please don't tell me I missed the memo! Frantically, his fingers rushed to comb through his hair but they got caught on multiple knots. How was he supposed to survive for days out here without a hairbrush or makeup or fucking products? Did they expect him to live like some kind of animal!? A voice in the back of the mage's mind reminded him that he was homeless a few months ago but he firmly squashed it. He got used to this new pampered lifestyle damn it, he wasn't about to give it up.

With his mouth pressed into a firmly displeased line, Taylor didn't hesitate to march up to the man that was in charge. Don't frown he'll know that you're pissed. Instantly the blond's dark mood shifted into a dazzling smile; at least, externally. The dragon rider had invited them to ask questions, so the mage didn't hesitate to command his attention with a demanding, "Yeah, hi? I don't remember getting a memo saying that this was going to be an overnight trip, so I didn't bring my stuff. If I could just go back and pick up a few things that'd be amazing." As an afterthought, Taylor shifted the egg into the a one-armed cradle as he reached into his skirt and brought out the original pewter stone that they were given. Not bothering to veil his distaste for the object, he said, "Also, you can have this back." Beaming up at the dragon rider, the mage mentally crossed his fingers and hoped that he'd get what he wanted.

Deathkitten Deathkitten ((you have your first question lol))

~Elizar Rolonk~​
To the forest...

Omura and the other man were talking, but Elizar could hardly pay attention to them while De'kiral was talking. "Calm down," the dragon said with amusement lining his voice, "He makes it sound so much more dramatic than he needs to, if you ask me. I can't tell what it'll hatch into... at least I don't think I can... but I would hardly want to try anyway. I wouldn't want to somehow mess it up. You don't need to keep it warm, but it might make a better bond with you if you give it lots of love and attention like warmth. Magic is enough for it. To give it magic, you just have to be near it. It will naturally pull in mana. That said, you can focus on it and send mana to it. It's like sending positive thoughts, but a lot more tiring. Too much won't kill it. The more you can give it, the more powerful of a familiar it'll be." The young student gazed at the egg in her hands in wonder. The more mana it gets the more powerful it would be? She wasn't really sure how mana worked, but she could definitely give it the love it deserved! Murmurs suddenly rippled through the student body once again. Curious, the dark-haired girl watched as students drifted apart; some dutifully followed Omura, others were trailing behind the dragon's retreating footfalls, and many other groups scattered around. Even the man who gave out the eggs in the first place had a blonde girl going towards him. Uh oh, did we split into groups? That's what she got for not paying attention.

Turning her attention back towards De'kiral, Elizar signed, "[Thank you so much! I'll be sure to give them lots of love!]" With a wave and a parting, "[Have a wonderful day,]" the student weaved her way through the crowd of students wandering around. I haven't seen Himari or anyone else from my class in a while... While she knew that nothing bad could happen with so many chaperones around, she still felt anxious. I hope they didn't get sick and missed out! Elizar nervously watched as students seemed to easily interact with each other as they seamlessly separated into groups. Oh. Realization struck her hard as she registered that people were separating into friend groups. Casting another desperate glance around, the mute still couldn't find a familiar face in the swarm of students. She shifted her weight from one foot to another. She shouldn't just stand there, right? With a glance towards De'kiral, she quickly turned her face away from him. I don't want to cause him trouble. The last thing she wanted was for a teacher to hang out with her out of pity. I need to learn how to make my own friends. Himari wasn't that hard! She could do it again! However, nobody in particular stood out to her. The dark-haired girl's eyes wandered around before the depths of the nearby forest drew her in. She quickly ripped her gaze away from the trees but found herself peeking at them again. It's ok to go into the woods, right? Everyone seems busy already, and it's a quiet place to bond with my egg! Nodding to herself, Elizar gave the ruins one last glance before carefully making her way into the forest while gently cradling her egg close to her chest. I hope my egg likes nature as much as I do!

Deathkitten Deathkitten MirrorBoy MirrorBoy ((De'kiral and Himari are mentioned))

Last edited:
Brigid Maeve Gallagher

Being still enraptured by her little egg friend, Brigid didn’t really want to stay where she was, with the people who would inevitably want conversation or something of the like. It didn’t appeal to her at the moment.
What did appeal to her was learning a little more about that dragon, because it was a dragon, and that was pretty cool. So as it headed off, Brigid trotted up to it, egg cradled in both hands.
‘Is it alright if I join you?’ She asked as she caught up with it. Being a dragon was fairly intimidating to her, but better face fears if you ever want to be a superhero. That and it was a dragon, which was, as mentioned before, cool.

Cabins
1545135310741.png~Kaleb~
Kaleb was in a bit of a blur up until he had an egg in his arms. This was in no way something he expected to happen, and now it was swirling with magic and he was getting looks and he kind of felt like crying because attention was on him. He took a big shaky breath and stared down at the egg.

"I guess this means I have a lot of mana," he muttered under his breath, chuckling to himself. He could feel his goddess inspecting the egg, but her attention seemed split. He couldn't blame her. This whole situation was insane, and people suddenly split off from one another, and he had no idea where he wanted to go. The cabins would probably be the best idea... He looked off in the direction of the man in the suit, debating on it. Taylor was asking a question to the intimidating man... and he wanted to go up and ask if he wanted to come to the cabins with him... but coming up would mean that he would have to go up to the intimidating man too...

What if he asked him questions or something? What if he gave him weird looks? What if he judged his egg?

He shook his head, staring after Taylor for a long while before deciding he'd go off to the cabins, jogging off so he could catch up with Omura. Why weren't they warned about this? Staying overnight? He didn't even pack anything!!

Kyrenka Kyrenka

Ruins
1545136073452.png~Kris~
This whole situation was a clusterfuck, as far as she was concerned. A number of students were wide-eyed and bushy-tailed, oohing and ahhing at everything that shined, and a number of other students were disrespectful as all hell. Sure, the stone and all that was really cool, but it wasn't anything fantastical. An illusion, not unlike the things she dabbled in herself... albeit much nicer than hers, luckily. Wouldn't that be interesting? She chuckled to herself at the thought. She doubted students would deal all that well with seeing entrails hanging out of places.

She had gotten through the line like a good little soldier, and was now holding her egg. It felt like stone, with the swirling patterns slowly moving to and fro. In a glance, she noticed she was middling. Maybe a little on the higher side? Some were moving far less, some far more. Whatever. It's not like she expected to get something like this.

Now then, however... what was she supposed to do? She didn't exactly know anyone, and people tended to eye her like she was a stereotypical villain given her red eyes and monochromatic attire. Was there anyone else here like that?

She scanned the student body and laid eyes on twins. They looked like they were stereotypically scary, kind of like broken porcelain dolls. Nice and creepy. It was perfect. Kris threw on a smile and walked up to the two of them.

"Hi!" she said, waving with a free hand, "I'm Kris. Nice to meet you guys."

Osuka Osuka Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Ruins
1545136949953.png~Draxian~
Draxian played with the hem of his coat with his free hand, looking around at the crowd of people much less confidently than his older sister. At only 4'4", he was a bit short for his age, and absolutely adorable. While his sister's red eyes and black hair looked like something out of a creepy horror flick, his appearance was much more "kawaii". With his deep purple coat and Taco Bell purple jeans, he was much more colorful.

His little mouth opened and closed without saying a word as his sister wandered off. Well... now what? His lips turned into a small pout as he continued to survey the area. Let's see... there was the dragon... the strange Omura man... the dragon rider man... then there was... er... what else was there? If he went into the forest, he'd just get lost... weren't the teachers worried about that?

He hugged the egg to his chest. No... they must have some sort of safety thing on the forest. Something magical to keep the students safe, otherwise there'd be no way this would be allowed.

Draxian finally decided to walk up to the girl standing next to the thin teacher, just to stand next to her and watch people move so he wasn't so alone.

(( Osuka Osuka Technically I'm not totally done with his sheet, but I didn't want to leave him out. Hopefully that can be forgiven. :P Also, he's still open for interaction if someone wants to.))

Last edited:
Forest
AI girl.png~Mia~
Mia was a little disappointed by this whole experience thus far. For whatever reason, probably because she's not truly biological, the stone didn't work with her, so she had to tell the man that she saw nothing... which got a little bit of a weird look, but he gave her an egg anyway. The egg made her sad and a bit concerned, because it wasn't glowing at all like the other students' were. She didn't want it to die just because it had been given to her. She wasn't good enough for it.

She was stuck just sadly looking over the egg for a couple minutes to see if she could figure out what was wrong, but with no luck. A sigh left her lungs and she looked out at the forest. Screw it. Maybe some nature would help... and besides, it'd be pretty. She walked off into the trees, touching them as she passed. Everything with feeling was a good thing. It meant she was alive, and being alive was the best thing she knew. Really, it was one of the only things she felt like she knew. Humans, they weren't cognizant of when they came to be. They came in as babies and had to grow a mental state that could understand things. All that was programmed into her. She had the pleasure of knowing... or at least that's how she looked at it.

Whenever she thought about it, she felt like it made the world brighter.

((Kinda short. Open for interaction.))

Your phones buzz as each of the students get another message from Sudo. The previous message is still on the screen, but those who had texted him before notice that all messages before that one have vanished.
Sudo
them
Tempest has escaped
them
Hello again. Enjoying your field-trip?
Tsunami gets a slightly different slew of texts:
Sudo
them
Tempest has escaped
them
them
How was Tempest? I was right, wasn't I?
them
It was significant. I'm surprised you came back. You got hurt though... Is Tempest deranged?
them
You were... or are... his friend.
them
Why would he hurt you? That's what I'm not understanding. I've not gotten any messages, any information about what's really going on. Is there something more to this than just a kid gone evil?

(( WeaselThor WeaselThor Kyrenka Kyrenka Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Osuka Osuka Djinni Djinni OnyxReaper OnyxReaper JulesX JulesX gloomyResearcher gloomyResearcher Steve Freeling Steve Freeling MirrorBoy MirrorBoy Astralworks Astralworks Rantos Rantos Got Rantos and Astral this time. Hopefully I actually got everyone this time.))

Forest, eyup.

En Valkyrie II --A Hapless Journey?--

Routine still unfounded, it'd been around two weeks since joining the ranks of this Superschool. Adapting was normal for any living creature with high capacity for survival, and like a cockroach, humanity prevailed every single time. School was just another environment, and like a young cockroach, En slowly made the place his own. He was interested in some of the students, the teachers screamed with individuality, and the place itself was like a prayer being answered. In short, En spent his days before this morning fulfilling his mother's desires, and trialing his own. Success wasn't there to greet him in the end, but this was what he always wanted. Freedom, a chance beyond the walls of his home. A chance to see more than just the streets of New Orleans.

Without warning they were lead aboard common transport, dragged through the air confined with complete strangers whom happily made the stuffy atmosphere worse, and put off at the end of nowhere maybe leading somewhere. A change of pace was always welcomed in life, but what came next was more random than his school. There was a suit. A somewhat tall man clearly well groomed, and high in stature, gracing the abundance of seedlings at the forests edge, in an expensive suit. It was a stupid thought, but En wondered for a second if that fashion choice being ruined would even bother him. Omura. From there the suit introduced himself, informed them on the situation, interacted with fellow students, then brought them to a broken brick-made structure.

Their location, no matter how weird, really made En feel homely. Yes, running around a peaceful area blanketed with trees was En's happy place. Though, the whole scene merely brought up the times he'd been smashed through trees. Hah, good times. Instinct lead the dark-haired wanderer to leap over the congesting crowd, easily using branches to arrive at what remained of the building's top floor. Balancing on the brick ledge, he watched everyone below. Rocks. Really shiny rocks were being given out to everyone under seventeen down there, and judging by the looks and happenings, En immediately knew this was another trick by the school.

En Valkyrie I --Falling Into Endlessness--

Peering down from his guard-tower like setup, he waited til the suit garnered less attention, quietly landing right in front of him. Accepting a stone for himself, he looked at it. Now that was a bad call. Locked in place, the young mage struggled against the all-consuming void that latched on to his face, and dragged him into itself. Reality as it was no longer with him, the only piece of mind holding his demise, a shred of feeling left in his fingers. Gaining a grip on the stone, he got a grip on the world once more, exhibiting an intense force of magical energy that bathed him, and where he stood. Teary eyes fiercely met the wall, right foot slid backwards, and vengeful stance taken. En obliterated that pewter stone along with some surface area, the wall effected now displaying a small crater with glowing bits glistening their last breath. Giving himself a moment, En panted annoyingly. Sure, the heart-gripping vision coupled with the magic discharge, and the stone smashing all went by in less than 5 seconds, but the worth was found in En's composure, and control. He was afraid, and whatever the heck really happened could've invoked him destroying the entire section, if not more of these important ruins. However, he cut down the amount of force on that emotionally enhanced swing, thus avoiding that disaster.

A lot was going on, and so whoever happened to see, or heard what En did, good for them. Erasing all signs of weakness, the dark-haired boy fixed himself, concentrating in order to cease the shades of violet light still hanging around him. Inhale, exhale. Be at ease. Opening his eyes, his gaze rested on the bag of rocks sitting pointlessly in the corner of the room. Allow me. Allowing the ancestor a chance, the older spirit piloted the body to pilfer the bag and its contents within. He was curious, and there was a theory he'd like to try out. Ninja skills put to the test, the older En disappeared with the stones. Stealthily walking through the woods, he took care not to veer far from the tour. These stones... could aid in my recollection young one. Jaunt coming to an end, the bag was laid upon the grass, reckless fingers picking up pewter after pewter. Grimacing at the sight, the younger watched as each stone was place in a circle around them. Legs lapped, the elder snapped his fingers as the very air stopped blowing by, only to become shards of glass that pieced together before the ancestor to form one giant mirror.

Marveling at the work of his ancestor, En mentally tilted his head at the chain of conceptual casts applied to the mirror, this, this was way too complex for a simple spell. Recalling what his ancestor proposed moments ago his eyes widened. Wait, you think these things can help you regain your past? Receiving silence, the act continued, eventually ending with an expensive looking mirror, edged with precious metals and gems, hovering in front of the two. It had several layers of magic circles on the glass, and just like the stones, its mere existence nagged at the souls in their shared vessel. On the ground was one large circle similar to those on the mirror, its mystical symbolic nature supplemented by the stones. Vibrating with power, the mirror was the source of sudden immense pressure that came upon the two sitting in the center of the circle. Then the elder's voice came in. So not to hinder you young one, I will isolate myself within the magics of these artifacts. That way, you won't experience the same thing again. Given no time to react, En Valkyrie I's life-force was visibly emitted from the younger one's body, shooting itself into the mirror. Right then, the pewter stones levitated in unison, proceeding to orbit the mirror like the planets around the sun, each on their own path, but going the same direction, trails of light and sparkles making it an even more awesome sight to behold.

Last edited:
~Waylin & Nixiia~​
Follow the dragon...

Dread. Waylin felt the light touches of the emotion at the edges of his mind, but it was swiftly swept away in an uncontrollable sea of excitement. "You heard him too, right Nix? We can ask questions!" A tired groan was all he got in response, but it did nothing to damper his enthusiasm. "Who can we talk to? Is the dragon able to speak?"

Alarm! "You are not talking to the dragon," the faerie said firmly. The mage made a few pleads but Nixiia quickly cut him off. "It's dangerous! There's no adults! What do you plan to do? Just follow a dragon you just met into the woods? Seriously?"

"But I wont be alone! There's other students, yeah? I can hear them Nix! Plus, you'll be there!" The wall of denial he felt didn't even waver, so the mage desperately pressed again, "This is a once in a lifetime chance! I've never seen a dragon before! I want to meet him please!" Desperation. Truthfully, he could just follow the dragon by himself, but doing so without Nixiia's approval felt wrong. He could understand her hesitation, but nobody ever learned anything by not taking a risk every now and then! I want to do something, not just sit around like some kind of glass doll. As much as he loved his family, they had always acted like Waylin would break at any moment; like as if his lack of sight somehow made him less capable than everyone else around him. He hated the feeling of being so useless. "Dheyavaayi," he begged again.

The tension that had stiffened the tiny form atop his head was suddenly gone. Trepidation. Pity. There was a beat of silence, and the mage did his best to focus on the faerie's apprehension rather than the other emotion she was giving off. "Fine," Nixiia grudgingly agreed, "But when I say it's time to leave, it's time to leave. Got it?"

Delight! Gratitude! Waylin heard Nixiia suck in a sharp breath at the sudden force behind the wave of emotions he was broadcasting and did his best to reign it in. "Thank you so much! You won't regret this!" Excitedly, the mage felt the faerie's weight leave the top of his head and move to his right shoulder. He moved his head slightly so that his ear was more accessible to her.

"Watch your footing and make sure you're holding that egg securely," Nixiia warned before confidently directing him where to go. Slowly but surely, Waylin made his way carefully after the dragon. Finally, a real adventure!

Deathkitten Deathkitten Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 ((Swiggety swooty, he coming for dat dragon booty))

Lu-Dao

There was something to be said about what he felt was a bit of a carefree nature Ozarin displayed that clashed with Omura's more formal tone. Even with how he conducted himself in his most recent announcement of what was to come. Of course, Ozarin was right to state it was best they knew what bothered them the most. Fay's answer, as far as he could tell, wasn't enough to make a decision on, and he didn't know enough about the boy to make heads or tails about whether he was lying or not. Still, he was Lyara's student, and that would have to be her task to handle if it became more important. Tsunami was going to be a problem. It was easy to tell that the student was obsessive over the Tempest case, and it only seemed to galvanize him when he had been tormented by his friend. The most dangerous student to have is one with an objective as intense as such as this, and it would require a lot of attention.

Viana and Veina were a whole different case. They took the "test" as far as he could tell, but they didn't make a comment. They received their eggs and seemed to not give too much attention to the fact that they would be significant during their stay in this location. They were delinquent students that were well-known for their brutal, ruthless efficiency and enjoyment in their "Craft," as it were. The two were something akin to the villain Entropy, as far as he could tell after the report concerning Viena's demonstration in Nanami's class of having an animal die and decay as an introduction and demonstration of their power. Considering he didn't hear much about the girl's sister, he couldn't make a supposition about if Viana had done the same or not. They seemed to work in tandem with one another, and separating them was as dangerous - if not more so - as separating his other two ... Delinquents.

He had a problem with that word, and he had half of a mind to speak to Astrella concerning it. Calling them delinquents in front of their classmates was a degradation tactic. It wasn't something that rolled off his tongue, but instead scraped and left behind it a bad taste. It was something that could demoralize efforts made by the students, which in his mind was counter-productive if they were going to either work their way back to helpful citizens or get into the Hero business. In fact, his students, delinquent or not, had a Title of sorts when they were given the spotlight in Ixian public:

Aulida.

The example. The proof. The fact that people could become more than what they were. They were the brightest future of the planet, having come from different kingdoms and countries on the planet to study under him and his assistants. They went on to hold high positions or work in charities, and some even joined the military or law enforcement after graduation to help with relief efforts and such. They weren't the violent type, but didn't allow an injustice to occur without rebuttal, and they owned their growth as he expected them to, rather than doing something as ridiculous as crediting him for everything. They worked for their place in the world, and it was all ripped from them in one big bang. Kara was all that was left, aside from himself, and as happy as he was to have one of his students back, it served as a reminder that the Master had failed to protect his Pupils, which was a charge every teacher held as sacred. Until then, they had always been protected and secure. They were safe, loved, and treated with respect, whether they were the children of Kings or the Streets and Deserts.

He shoved the thought from his mind. They would be referenced from now on as Aulida, and he would make sure of it. Without saying a word, he sent out a telekinetic ping to every single one of his Aulida - no longer dared to be referenced as a Delinquent in his mind, and made sure he got their attention without fail. They would easily be able to trace the origin, since the ping would feel like it would come from his direction, and he would lock eyes with each of them. For now, the student that had approached to stand with them, would wait. He would still mentally ping the child, to make sure they knew without a word that they were welcome - something more gentle in its making than the snap of attention he would hope to get from the rest.

"Before I gather the Elemental Manipulation class to ensure a head count," he began, his voice still monotone, but tinted with a hint of authority. "I would like to have a word with the other group I am in charge of. Please make a single file line shoulder-to-shoulder before heading anywhere else."

He would make sure they knew they weren't just this world's rejects. They were his students, the Aulida, whether they were in his classroom or not, and he would make sure they knew what that meant. They weren't delinquents.

They were his.

Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Deathkitten Deathkitten

Tsunami:
Delinquent

Thankfully, the only thing he got in return for his threat to Ozarin and his "pet Iguna" whose name was apparently Jashi'il was a stare rather than a challenge, which was good. He was still too sore and stiff to deal with it, and it'd be a shame to have to deal with dying a second time around. He had to admit, though, he didn't like being looked at like he was odd. Maybe it was just what he saw, considering the next thing out of the man's mouth was the purpose of the Test Omura had them do, but it still bothered him. He thought to himself that perhaps the reason he didn't like it was because he was just staring down a freaking dragon and its rider, but he had more important things to care about. How the hell was he going to link Tempest to a Teddy Bear of all things? If it was a vessel for whatever took his friend over, he had no idea how Tempest would've gotten his hands on it. It was infuriating that he had conjured something like a teddy bear made of ice as some kind of clue; enough so that he shifted his grip on the little sculpture before letting it melt and slip through his fingers. There wasn't any reason to keep it frozen, since he could just make another exactly like it.

He was going to ruminate further on the adorable artifact before he felt a buzz in his pocket, and felt his blood heat when he read the slew of texts that were sent to him.

Yeah, it was Tempest's body, and he had given his two cents about it in the interviews. Apparently the bastards either edited the film to make their own case, or people were stupid.

Sudo
them
Tempest has escaped
them
them
How was Tempest? I was right, wasn't I?
them
It was significant. I'm surprised you came back. You got hurt though... Is Tempest deranged?
them
You were... or are... his friend.
them
Why would he hurt you? That's what I'm not understanding. I've not gotten any messages, any information about what's really going on. Is there something more to this than just a kid gone evil?
me
I'm guessing the interview went fuckin' swimmingly, if you're asking this.
me
That "thing" wasn't Tempest, to make it clear. That "thing" was something that took him over.
me
He's innocent, and if anyone hurts him or kills him, they'll pay.
me
Only lead I've got is a fuckin' teddy bear.
me
How the fuck am I supposed to find out how a plushy is tied into all this?
me
I have no idea what the hell it's supposed to mean, but when I figure it out, the next meeting won't be a repeat...

With that, Tsunami locked his phone and breathed out a sigh. He had a lot of work cut out for him at this point, and it seemed like a mountain with no peak that he was supposed to climb. How the hell was he supposed to figure any of this out? He was just a student - the thing that took Tsunami wiped the floor with him, and though he didn't bank on losing again if there was another confrontat-

"Bloody fuckin' hell," he snarled under his breath as he gritted his teeth, his attention being brought to Lu-Dao. Apparently he wanted all of the "Delinquents" to line up like good little soldiers so he could say something. What was he going to do - tell them not to cause trouble and march with their drill sergeant wherever he wanted them to go? It was obvious that they wouldn't get any real freedom with their pasts. The man was the kind to keep control of whatever he could, as far as Tsunami could tell, and this was just going to be another case of showing who was in charge of their lives. All Tsunami wanted to do was sit down and use his phone to start digging around the internet - maybe hit up the deep web to get CCTV footage of the streets that day and see if he can catch Tempest in any of the cameras.

"That's where I'll start," he muttered to himself as he trudged towards Lu-Dao. "I'll start with cameras. I'll start digging that way n' see if I can happen across footage of 'im."

Fay: Heading off to Follow the Dragon.

Ozarin and Omura weren't very interesting, regardless of the fact that he was in fact keeping an ear open to what they were saying. It was obvious that the test had a reason, and the reason that was given was solid. Omura himself was simply going over the plan and the "what to do if" talk. Fay himself had Celes, if the man was real and actually inside of his head, and even without had an arsenal of magicks he could use, which he decided to do so now.

The Ruins, where they were now, would serve as a bit of a familiar spot. Fay held his right hand out to his side and channeled his will - just a touch of it was enough, and forced his body to relax. It started with the top of his head, relaxing his scalp, his brow, cheeks, lips, jaw, and moved to his neck, shoulders, and so on, until he let his head fall forward. Carrying on through this, as he felt his chest and abdomen began to relax from tension, holding the egg in his left hand, he took in one deep breath, held it, and allowed himself to breathe out once he felt his heart rate drop. A silent thrum began to emanate from him as if a slow march, a beat every other second that was punctuated with a soft blinking of the egg from the excess mana it was exposed to. A feeling of calm began to wash over him, and as he slowly let go of his staff, it stood, levitating in the air to his right. His every movement was slow as he tucked the egg into his robe and bent down to the soil beneath his feet.

With both hands free, Fay's fingers dug into the Earth, slow and steady in its pace as if he was pushing into loose sand before scooping the dirt and bringing it up to chest level. Deeper he fell into his state of calm isolation, and one by one, the people around him became less and less in his perception. He did more than see through them: In this state, to him, they didn't exist at all. He was the only one in the ruins now, with his eyes closed, the only sounds to be heard were that of nature itself. Another deep breath in, and out...

Two intricate circles of glowing blue crawled out from the soles of his feet, one each, merging into a single unit when it reached five feet in diameter. The soil that he clutched now began to glow, faint at first, but growing ever brighter until it was as if he held a charged light bulb in his hands, before placing the divot back into its home and packing it with his hands.

Now he reached for his staff, movement still slow as if filled with concentrated purpose. Each movement an object of his focus as he maintained the circle around him that etched itself into the ground before grasping the shaft of his staff, drawing it to his chest, and with both hands clutching the Focus, abruptly slammed it into the soil that he had held a moment ago. Mana cascaded like a focus, channeled tidal wave with sudden, unrelenting force into the dirt he held before, and the etchings disappeared entirely. The release from his build-up didn't explode with gusting winds or inexplicable force. No traces of his magick remained as he completed his spell, and with one last breath to bring himself back out of the trance, he opened his eyes.

Were you dancing or spellcasting, kid? came Celes's voice.

I'm not good at Ritual magick, you jerk, he retorted. You know that. I had to concentrate way too much on that. Now stop making fun and double-check my work. I was trying to plant a recall point in case I get lost or find myself in a tight situation.

It seems fine to me. Should pull you back if you can calm yourself while being chased by a bear or something - so long as it isn't in the circle's radius, that is. Let's just hope you don't accidentally trigger it while you're taking a nap or you might wake up here.

In all seriousness, though, you should've put a bit more power into it than you did - you didn't compensate enough to overcome what the egg absorbed as a snack.

Fay sighed at the critique. It was true that he didn't think about the egg. It wasn't something he had to take into account before, and having to carry it around was going to require extra from his reserves whenever he wanted to cast. However, if it meant that the hatchling would be stronger than if he didn't feed it, it just meant that he could have a stronger companion. Real question, now that Omura and Ozarin were basically giving them free reign, was where to go? The Dragon was an interesting choice, and he could see someone following Jashi'il right after they were given leave to go as they please. A few other students, two at least, seemed to wander off into the woods. Of course, with any place that had a concentration of Mana, Magickal Creatures were sure to take up residence, but...

This was the first time he would get to study a dragon up close. A real, live dragon, and here was the opportunity to observe it and learn more than what books could teach. If that wasn't the study of Magickal Creatures, he didn't know what was.

Hell, maybe you could make friends with the kid who has a pixie guiding him? You're both blind as bats one way or another-

RUDE!!! Fay mentally barked back in retort, and the only response he got was a chuckle. A sigh of irritation left his lips before he checked his egg to make sure it was nested properly into the large pocket on the inside of the robe, took a deep breath to settle his nerves and excitement, and trudged off quickly to catch up to the student following the dragon. One question lingered in his mind, however:

How the hell did Celes know the student ahead of him was blind?

Kyrenka Kyrenka

Last edited:
1545375189748.png~Vurudial and Saruki~
The mindfuckery going on at first with the stones was disconcerting and overall annoying. Still, their mindscapes were linked, so at least that wasn't as bad. It was a vast library that encompassed everything as far as he could see, a perfect environment, really, as long as he had things to build with still. All the same, he was pleased when it ended.

Afterwards they had to line up and receive... eggs... along with inform the dragon and rider what they had seen. He assumed this man had some sort of ability concerning it all. Perhaps he could glean something from such a small amount of information? This egg though was concerning. He didn't exactly want something to care for, and didn't care about whatever would come out.

Though... he considered for a moment and decided that he wanted it to hatch. It'd be interesting to see what came from it, and from someone else's conversation, he gleaned that the more you put into it, the better the thing that came out would be. Good to know.

He looked at Lu-Dao with a hint of annoyance, the ping heard loud and clear. With a sigh, he caught Saruki's arm and tugged very lightly, going over to stand in line with the rest of them, his arms in front of himself, loosely holding the egg.

1545375060763.pngSaruki on the other hand was freaking out about the egg she had gotten. She had wanted a familiar for a long while, and her previous "attempts" had not gone so well. People don't appreciate the ingredients needed to do a proper strong summoning circle. Oh well. Now she had one in a legal manner! People couldn't care now!

It was swirling and being all pretty, and she made sure to make it swirl far far more as she poured as much mana as she could into the egg. It was gonna be strong, and wonderful, and amazing, and she was gonna shower it with so much love.

Her eyes darted to Lu-Dao with his stupid ping going out. Nooooooooooooooooooooo. She didn't wanna go over there... but... she pouted when her brother tugged her arm and sighed heavily. "Fine," she muttered, following along to stand in line.

"Mister Lu? So uh... I really want to go find the cliffs. Are you having us do some sort of buddy system or what?"

Osuka Osuka Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

He would wait.

Lu-Dao wasn't the kind of person, usually, to wait until everyone was settled down. Instead, he was the type to begin speaking once everyone had approached in order to grasp their attention. Under normal circumstances, he would start with something that wasn't important to make sure the students were listening before moving onto the topic at hand, but this required rapt attention from the very beginning. The problem was how to go about the announcement of what they would be referred to from this moment on. Seeing his students before him without monkey tails or constantly gnawing on some kind of food still didn't make him so different from the students he had before. Those students were his, on Ixia, and these students, on Earth, were his. They were young minds that had an opportunity of a lifetime, whether or not they had done something to offend the others around them before transferring into this school.

He would start from the beginning. Before that, however, the only motion he made was to keep his hands behind his back.

"We'll be going to the cliffs after we find the cabins and ensure you have everything you need," he stated, locking eyes with her for only a moment before looking at each and every one of them. "I have something to say before we start.

"When you were brought to Astrella's Boarding School for the Powered, you were labeled as 'Delinquents' without being given any say in the matter. You were placed in a category that, in society, was beneath the common individual without much thought to the ramifications. Your crimes or offenses to the general public were taken into account before the potential you had as a person. Thus far, you've proven that you're more than capable of becoming something greater than the average.

"In Ixia, the word for 'Delinquent' was Lian-Qi, which was a title given to those who were unable to overcome the acts they had committed at a young age, and was ostracized. They became my students, and upon graduating - having proven that they were undeserving of the title, were given the title of 'Aulida,' the example to live up to, just like the rest. Over time, when someone became one of my students or a student of one of my assistants, they were granted the title as something that separated them from the common man and woman, but was held in higher regard. Lian-Qi, Xiutao, which translates to 'rich' in Ixian, or simply common, when they entered our halls and left, each and every day, they were all the same: Aulida.

"It doesn't matter to me what you had done before. You are 'Aulida,' whether you are my student or my charge. To call you a Lian-Qi when you are still so young is shameful, because your life restarted when you became mine. You are my students, my charges, and my responsibility, and that does not end when you leave my classroom for the day or for the last time. As your Instructor, or Sage, until I draw my very last breath, each and every single one of you are under my protection."

Now his gaze shifted to Tsunami when he spoke again, his voice having lowered in its tone and volume, almost.. gentle in a sense.

"I failed that once when one of you were in trouble in the city, but I will not do so again." His attention shifted to the rest of the students once more. "If there is a situation of such magnitude that it would place you in danger, please either come to me or yell before doing anything else. I lost enough students when Ixia was destroyed, and I will not lose another."

Lu-Dao, for the first time, smiled widely behind his mask and tilted his head almost imperceptibly as he pointed towards the cabins.

"Having said that, feel free to utter your curses as we jog to the cabins," he stated, his tone touched with a shade of teasing. "You are Aulida, after all, and one of those requirements is to keep in tip-top shape. Please form a single-file line and keep a jogging cadence indexed by the lead. If you make the task easier by using your abilities, we will restart the route. Using your abilities is cheating yourself of cardio, and no one benefits from that."

Deathkitten Deathkitten Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

ALT
Alex watched as the other students gained their eggs, and when he received his own he couldve sworn he felt something shift within it but figured that was just a part of having magical eggs. Yet the more he wandered along the more his mind scape seemed to weigh heavily on him. all those grave happened there? he wondered. His eyes falling back to the blueprint in his hands. It was some kind of suit one with strange nonsensical formula's all over it. He walked rather slowly with the rest of the class winding up in the back of the line. When the mention of jogging came up from Lu Dao, Alex hung his head, he was soooo not in the mood for exercise. Granted he never was, nontheless he did as he was instructed and broke into a slow jog sure that he felt something zip by too quickly for him to see.

Blitz

Sephy's mindscape was honestly kinda boring. She wound up feeling as if she was in some kinda tunnel but she was moving through it and fast. Faster tyan she had ever gone before. Yet still there was someone running in front of her, a woman with long silver hair. So sephy pushed herself as hard as she could and reached out to the woman. Yet before she could touch her a strange barrier stopped her instantly and propelled her backwards at an angle pushing her through the multicolored blurry walls of the tunnel and into an endless black.

When she came to her heart was beating faster than it did normally, which was saying alot considering she had the pulse of a hummingbird. Yet try as she might she couldnt focus on the vision too much other tthings were going on. They were given eggs, told to jog to the cabins, and most epic a dude riding a freakin dragon showed up. It was all she could do to keep from bum rushing the rider with rapidfire questions. Instead she zipped to the front of the line of students and did all she could to maintain a slow pace for the Jogging Lu Dao asked from the group. Even still she kept having to stop and wait for a few seconds to keep from shooting ahead, at the very least Jr seemed to be keeping a decent pace not far behind.

Kid Dynamite

Junior was not at all surprised at his mindscape. In fact he partly wondered if he had zoned out and went for a high altitude flight. Looking down and noticing there was nothing beneath the clouds let him know that this wasnt the case however. He flew for what felt like hours, and honestly it was uneventful. Though it did feel nice to be outside of his containment suit even if it was only in his head. When he finally came back to reality he was honestly pretty calm. Looking to the instructor he asked "Can i keep the rock?"

When he got the egg he just shrugged remembering a class project like this in elementary school. He had failed it pretty spectacularly busting his egg while still in the classroom. Chuckling at his failure he tapped one of the nodes on his belt which opened up revealing a pocket. He put the egg within the pocket and let it close with a click. Upon hearing Lu dao's little speech junior gained a bit more respect for the guy, and so as the group broke into their stride junior did as well making an effort to keep with the cadence of the group.

Miss patriot

Gwen was pretty sceptical about the whole mindscape stuff but when she faded into it she had to admit it was really cool. In her head was a bunker, loaded to the brim with explosives, firearms, mechanical suits, and cybernetic implants. Each bearing her signature. She walked through the bunker not noticing the lack of metal clanging on concrete. However when she reached out to touch a beautiful looking .50 MG she was nearly surprised to find a flesh and bone arm reaching out as opposed to her self made implants. She looked down and seeing her legs back as well she giddily looked around for other interesting things the bunker of her mind had to offer. As she searched she found a huge metal door that was marked with caution symbols, she had no idea why but the door seemed to fill her with dread and the sounds of something big moving behind it made her take a step back from it. When she turned to leave she was no longer in her brains bunker. Instead she found herself back in the real world gripping the stone so tightly with her cybernetic arms she almost dropped it out of fear that she would crush it.

The rest of the events were really a blur to her as she tried to think about what could be behind that door. She vaguely was present when she was given the egg, and wondered breifly what would hatch from it. But her mind was quick to snap back to the door, what could be behind it? Nothing came to mind no matter how hard she tried. Finally giving up she jogged with the rest of the students, not bringing up the fact that her cybernetic limbs kinda took the cardio out of running, and hoping no one else would bring it up

Deathkitten Deathkitten Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Osuka Osuka
(Anyone else i missed.)

Kara-Aru2.jpg~Kara~
Though she had spent the last week attempting to learn the language of the people here, English, as much as she possibly could, it was still a deeply confusing dialect for her. She only knew the most basic of words and whatnot, and found herself getting increasingly frustrated at her lack of understanding. She had no idea what was going on with everyone. People were given egg looking things, the dragon guy showed up, and then people split up and went a whole bunch of different directions.

Her Sage spoke up to his group, calling them Aulida, the only word she really understood from his little speech. These were his Aulida then? She looked around at them as they began to shuffle into a line and started to jog along. One girl went extremely fast, a mark of her abilities, she supposed. It was fascinating. All these people had abilities that no one on Ixia had... or at least not without a lot of magical intervention.

She looked around at the other students that were spread around the area, some going into the forest, some staying there, some tagging along after the dragon like little ducklings. Why were they jogging? She didn't really want to jog... she was still a little weak from before and was hungry again.

Kara frowned a tiny bit and curled her tail around herself, half-jogging along after them, though she quickly fell behind and got distracted by magical beasts floating around her.

There was one such beast peeking at her from the brush, a feline of some sort with glowing blue fur. It almost looked like a ghost, save for the wind rustling it and the strange markings across its coat. She stopped running altogether and diverted a bit, slowly walking towards the creature with a curious hand outstretched.

Osuka Osuka

Ruins
1546001317225.pngOzarin looked around at the students and teachers deciding what to do in the time between now and lunch. They had... what? Three hours or so? That'd give them enough time to relax and get comfortable, something that some of them were clearly having some issues with doing.

His golden eyes met Taylor's, looking down at the child who looked like a girl with a hint of amusement. Did this child do that on purpose to confuse people? He was so overly concerned about what was going on.

"You must become accustomed to surprises. You never know when you'll get called to the line of duty as a Superhero, and as such, the school needs to get you used to uncertainty early. I believe the term is 'keep you on your toes'? So, no, you did not get the memo as there was no memo to be had. That said, there is no need to pack things. Your school is far kinder than I likely would have been to younglings if I were to teach them. They used magic, as far as I understand, to teleport some of your most often used belongings to the cabins, including some clothes."

He took the stone back without really reacting to it, glancing after Omura and the jogging students of the one teacher's class, "Lucky for you, it seems a lot of people are headed that direction. Each pack should have the appropriate student's name on it, so there's little need to worry about grabbing the wrong thing. If you hurry, I don't see why you can't just tag along with that group... and try not to worry so much. Enjoy your time before lunch. Kids like free time, don't they? This area is rife with magic and life, make use of it and let curiosity be your guide."

With that, he moved past the boy, to the ruins themselves, intending to pack back up the bag of rocks. He paused for a moment to look around at the remaining students. Unsurprisingly, there weren't many. It seemed a good number of them simply decided to follow that teacher. Others wandered off into the forest or after the dragon. He chuckled to himself. How many would get lost this year?

His chuckle swiftly disappeared, however, as he saw that the bag had disappeared. In the bustle of everything, Omura must not have noticed a child taking them. Well... they’d be in for a bit of a nasty surprise, wouldn’t they? He sighed, annoyed, but decided to let it be. The bag would be returned in time. They always lost a few every year.

(( Kyrenka Kyrenka ))

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back