• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Astrella's Boarding School for the Powered ~ Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Follow the Dragon
1546002111229.pngWith broken down drone still in his mouth, the dragon's head swung back to look at the small ones that had deigned to follow him. They were kind of cute and clearly rather young. He was pleased they were not afraid of him, unlike many humans.

The hyper one trotted right up next to him and asked if it was alright for her to join him. He thought about the fact that she already had joined, but simply chuffed and nodded as he continued to walk, head swinging forward again. There were two... no, three others following him. One was some kind of fairy. He sniffed the air, gathering what information he could as he silently walked along. Another was a mage child, someone with strong magic that made his nose flare ever so slightly. Mages were a pain to deal with, and this one felt layered, like a mage within a mage, and he couldn't figure out why.

Well... regardless of that, he walked along as silently as a huge dragon can. His footsteps made noise, even on the soft ground of the forest, and his breathing sounded like the purrs of a very large cat, which were made even more apparent by the slight opening in his mouth created by the drone. His tail swung side to side slowly, careful not to hit the small ones that followed him, and tapped the trees as he passed.

The path ahead of them didn't seem like much of a path at all. No wear and tear, no trampled grass aside from what they were now causing, and the forest seemed to be getting thicker and thicker. The trees closed in tighter to the point that Jashi'il had to tuck his wings tighter to his body to avoid knocking off limbs. After a few minutes, however, they got to a sudden clearing that appeared out of the forest as though it didn't belong.

He finally dropped the drone at his feet and glanced back at his entourage, wondering if the fae of the group or the mage would notice the massive fairy circle that encompassed the entirety of the clearing. This was not an easy feat, seeing as it was at least a massive 150' in diameter. Another chuff-like sound rippled from his throat, much louder this time as he clearly wanted everyone's attention.

balmoral.jpgHis wings stretched wide as he stood in front of the kids and he grinned a little. This was going to be entertaining. He beat his wings very hard and strong, but only three times. After the third time, the fairy circle hummed and each flower glowed, blue light drifting up in a dome shape. It faded away before it reached the apex of the dome, before it would have even reached the top of the trees, but it would be fairly clear to most who know something about fairy circles or wards that they... well, they probably weren't going to be able to go back the way they came.

Following the dome, a glamour dissipated in the middle of the forest clearing, revealing a huge mansion abode.

For once, the dragon spoke up, but telepathically as dragons are wont to do, {I do hope you all know something about Fae etiquette.} There was definite amusement in his tone as he scooped up the drone again in his mouth and headed into the building, the door just big enough for his frame.

Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Kyrenka Kyrenka Osuka Osuka

Cabins
1546007454202.pngFew seemed to want to follow him, though all the same, there were a few students who decided they'd rather see the abode than traipse around. A good decision, in his mind. He smiled at Kaleb as he jogged up to him and gently touched his shoulder in a gesture of kindness, "Well hello there. A good choice, I think. You'll like the cabins. They're..."

His words trailed off as he looked behind them and saw Lu-Dao and his group of students jogging along... or at least, most of them were jogging along. They were coming as well? Perhaps he had decided it would be best to keep a closer eye on that troublesome group of his, rather than let them run wild. Fair enough of a choice. He kept his smile going and looked back at Kaleb and whoever else had followed along to the cabins with him, "Luckily, it's just a short walk."

And a short walk it was, or in Lu-Dao and his students' case, a short jog. The path through the trees that Omura was following was relatively well-worn, and as they went along it became moreso. The simple dirt path got only slightly more complicated, weeds lessening, hints of what must have once been a cobblestone pathway showing itself as they got to a wide bend.

Turning rather suddenly to the right, the trees and path opened up tremendously to show a scene out of a history textbook. Old buildings that looked lived in though not decrepit or ancient in any meaningful way, a scenery creating a backdrop that was entirely impossible given the geography of the local area, and there was even what looked to be a castle far off in the distance, shrouded in part by hills and trees. Looming over this small village (because really, it could hardly be called cabins), were cliff-faces that stood like watching sentinels.

Omura turned to face the kids that had followed him as well as Lu-Dao's who had no doubt made it up to him by now.

"You seem to have gotten a couple stragglers that are not part of your special group, Lu-Dao," he called out, smiling as he cupped his hands in front of himself, "Good. I'm glad you all saw fit to find the cabins first. Here they are. It may seem a bit... unorthodox... but I assure you, their interiors are far more comfortable than their exteriors would lead one to believe. Each building is unoccupied but each has two beds. Claim a building with a friend and your belongings will teleport onto the bed you claim. It's simple and efficient this way, and since magic is involved, it means no one's privacy has to be invaded."

forest village.jpgHe cleared his throat and walked backwards a bit, going into tour guide mode once again, "This village was built in the 10th century, approximately 942, if we've got our dates correct. The creatures that tend to this land have a distinct love of older architecture, so it has stayed in a pristine state since that time. You'll also notice that our area has changed dramatically... How many of you have heard of the Fae?" He paused, allowing people to answer before continuing, "They are powerful nature spirits, to put it extremely simply. They're fickle beings that have a penchant for chaos and care a lot about how someone words their sentences. They enjoy leading mortals astray, causing mischief and trickery, and they are also very picky. Unlike most 'spirits', Fae are physical beings, so calling them a spirit is more of a misnomer than anything else, similar to how the Japanese call certain supernatural creatures 'Yokai'. They are physical, they bleed, and they really really don't like cold iron... or any iron in general, really. Some even dislike silver. All this said, they're helpful creatures when you establish a good relationship with them. As mischievous as they can be, when they like you, they'll go out of their way to help you, and if you help them, they are very keen to do the same."

"We have a good relationship with the Fae of this forest, but the presence of Fae may include some strange occurrences. This village and this space we are currently in is one of them. There are many more throughout the forest. Though they may be alarming, unless you purposefully anger a Fae, it's not likely that they'd be of any danger to any of you," he looked around before clapping once as punctuation, "I suppose that's my little introduction to the cabins. Feel free to ask me questions, but otherwise, go ahead and claim your bed."

After a pause, he looked to the end of the buildings, "Ah. Right. It is first come first serve, but I should also warn you that you likely don't want to pick the building at the end of the strip. Luckily, there should be enough that no one has to. I imagine it'd be difficult to sleep there if you did."

WeaselThor WeaselThor Osuka Osuka Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Last edited:
Brigid Maeve Gallagher

The forest was mesmerizing. Brigid wasn’t much of a hiker, but she still appreciated the woods and plants. As she cradled the egg, she summoned a small rose-golden light in her hands around it.
Though engrossed in the detail of nature as she was, Brigid didn’t entirely fail to notice a thin line of fungi. It didn’t occur to her what it was though, until the dragon stepped over it and a glamour fizzled away. She gasped.
‘But-but-but isn’t it rude to step inside a faerie ring? With—without permission, at least? Oh! I-I don’t have an offering, or anything, I… ooooooh dear… I’ve never come across a faerie court before, I’ve just heard stories from my mom, and, and how she put out offerings in her garden back in Ireland, and how she fell into a ring once and almost got taken, she said, and, and my brother always jokes about how that’s probably what my powers are from, but…’
As she went on with quiet worry, the light in Brigid’s hands flared and she unconsciously clutched the egg more protectively. She stayed standing at the edge of the faerie ring until the dragon stepped through the doorway of a massive mansion. Only then did she move forward, and even still very hesitantly.

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka Osuka Osuka

Lu-Dao:

Thus far, he didn't really hear too many complaints. Tsunami was stiff, and made it very clear that he wasn't happy about the new development - even if it was done quietly, the plague twins didn't care, and thus far, Saruki and Vurudial, another sibling pair, didn't really say much at all. It wasn't until Kara had decided to join the jog that he felt like furrowing his brow would've been appropriate. He'd keep his eye on her through the short jog that took him past Omura and another group of students, but it wasn't until she started to divert that he as well did much the same. Instead of losing pace with the other students, before Kara could get too far, he instead decided to pick up his own pace as he diverted and scoop Kara so he would have her sat upon his back like a backpack and returned to the line of students that he had been watching over.

His Aulida group.

The thought of it alone gave him some solace. There was a job - his job to do, and it was the closest he had felt to his old self since he had escaped the detonating planet. It was soothing, and made his objectives that much clearer in his mind. He wasn't just a teacher at Astrella's Boarding School for the Powered now that he had given them the moniker. With it came an extra effort required by him to make sure they lived up to that title, and, to him, that made them his all the more. They were his responsibility, his pride, and all the blood, sweat, and tears he would pour into each and every day.

Unfortunately, he didn't get to think about it as much as he would've liked. It seemed like the trail itself was going to be rather short, and true to form, things weren't as they seemed they were supposed to. The natural topography simply seemed off - it was either too lush or too.... Well, he couldn't put a name to it to save his life. It was out of place, and Omura's explanation didn't put him at ease. The "Fae" as the butler had called them weren't something he was familiar with. What wasn't troublesome wasn't that they were some kind of rabid monsters, since according to Omura, they weren't, but the real problem was his group. None of his group was going to take any kind of tom-foolery, as far as he knew, and the group members like Tsunami and Saruki were far more verbal with their disdain than the rest. Considering the only worry was angering the Fae, and those two were most likely at-risk of doing so, it appeared that he already had a lot more work cut out for him than he initially thought he would.

"I suppose I'll have to make contact with them..." He muttered to himself, brow now furrowed in concern.

Fay:

The joys of study and exploration! It didn't matter the environment - er, well, if the environment was going to get difficult to navigate, because he got to study a freaking Dragon of all things. A Dragon. A sentient, intelligent mythical creature that only people like one of his last teachers - Professor Aregoleth, was cleared to study by most circles in the Council. Of course, he could just chalk this up to a happy accident, or serendipity, or a chance too good to possibly pass up unless he was absolutely out of his mind. The Council wouldn't be able to scold him for "recklessness" either, considering there were obviously more eyes around than one would first surmise. Fay was getting the feeling of more and more eyes the longer he had pursued the trotting Dragon who was leading the way to what would obviously be its roost, or maybe-

Hit the brakes, kid!!

It was almost too late. Fay had been too absorbed in thought, and if it wasn't for Celes.... well, he wouldn't have caught the circle that he was about to walk into. The section of a fungal ring before him was almost broken with the introduction of his foot no more than half an inch away, and he found himself frozen in place. To be entirely honest, the fact that the fungal ring was here had made his stomach jump, turn, and flop before settling in his legs. The ring before him was a Fae ring, and it could've been anything at all from a simple glamour charm to a mass hunting trap - with whatever it's meant for being whatever strolled on in. If Celes didn't warn him-

Sorry, kid, but unfortunately for you, you're gonna need a plus-one.

That could only mean Celes was too late, and after the Dragon before him had buffeted them with gales that ripped from his beating wings, it was apparent as to why: The environment around them had changed completely, and in the middle of what seemed like an area only full with tall grass and weeds came to be a mansion of head-spinning proportions around them. It became obvious all too quickly that they, in a sense, weren't in Kansas anymore, and Toto was going to have to be one of the ones that had followed the dragon with him. The plus-one was usually a form of protection - if you had a plus-one, it meant that you were expected elsewhere at some point, and your going missing would not be overlooked. Back in the old days, there were businesses that allowed you to purchase the company of another person, and it was used just as much in the Mundane world as it was the supernatural. Geishas were great instances of bringing a plus-one to ensure you didn't get into trouble with some other asshole with a vastly different agenda than your own, but that was assuming that your agenda was a peaceful one.

He had to make a choice and stick with it, and so he did.

Without hesitating, Fay stepped up to the right of Brigid, who had seemed far more nervous than himself, and shifted his arm so that her arm was looped around his.

"You know how being a plus-one works in Fae circles, right?" He asked, looking over to her. Him being an oh-so-very-imposing five-foot-nothing at one-hundred-ten-pounds soaking wet meant that he had to lift his head at least a partial amount to look at her, but Mages weren't their height.

At least, that's what he was telling himself over and over.

Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Deathkitten Deathkitten

Brigid Maeve Gallagher

Another student stepped forward next to her, but Brigid didn’t really notice; her attention was on how they were in a faerie ring and if she was on her own or if she should stick by the dragon, because they seemed to know what they were doing.
When the person beside her spoke, her cycle of thoughts broke.
‘What?’ The worry on her face intensified.
‘I—I know about leaving offerings for the Fae, and, and never to give your real name, and never thank them directly, don’t eat their food, don’t dance with them, don’t disrespect the nature, don’t get stuck in their world because time flows differently, they can’t cross running water, repelled by iron and sometimes silver, salt, stuff—stuff like that. But… plus-ones? Is that like… contingency, leave them here so the fae don’t take you?’ Brigid shivered. ‘That’s… kinda cruel.’

Osuka Osuka

Fay:

Well, if that wasn't a miscommunication, he didn't know what it would be. There was simply way too much to have to unpack when it came to having a plus-one, especially as a Mage, and she had absolutely no idea what she was getting into with asking that question. The first thing Fay learned when he was in Alaska was that you didn't go alone, but you couldn't take more than one other person. Being in pairs was not only the acceptable number, but also a very useful number since it meant that, if anything were to happen, your company gained the right to retribution.

Fae did not like the idea of mortals with powers gaining the right to Retribution.

"No," Fay sighed, shaking his head. "No, it isn't cruel. If something happens to you, I get the right to challenge whoever sleights you, but I only get to pick one of you two. It also means that someone is expecting us to return after whatever little party they throw. I don't think this would be the right time to go through an entire seminar of just showing up to an event - invited or not, so if anything happens, you can leave and I'll deal with it. Besides, I don't like bullies, and some of them are prone to bully in a very crafty way that most people don't realize aren't compliments. Also, it depends on the Fae whether they can cross running water. The only surefire way for a Mundane to gain an advantage against any Fae is cold-forged Iron.

"Not only that, but I don't think you have an Orphan handy, so making offerings is out of the question since the only other thing you'll have left is yourself and they'll just keep trumping whatever you offer if they're an a- er... Jerk."

Only problem left was the fact the other in tow was someone Celes called blind, but he also had a pixie, even though that would only be a consolation prize if someone who lacked hospitality and basic manners with dealing with mortals. He didn't want to think of what would happen if he had to intervene for his fellow student. They could level charge after charge against Fay for it, and as far as dealing with Fae rulings, he didn't get to do a "safe" practical test. It wasn't a good idea to only use book knowledge against a Fae, either, since it was far easier for them to navigate it than any mortal who only read their laws and customs, which both were just as binding.

"Let's go," he stated after a few seconds of hesitation. "If I use the Mage's Council as leverage, you'll get to eat without repercussions. Keeping your name a secret isn't a bad idea, either. So long as you don't say it, they can't use it."

One step across the threshold later, and a pause, Fay looked to her at the bridge of her nose, not daring to lock eyes before he spoke again.

"And don't give them anything. Neither a drop of blood, strand of hair, flake of skin, nor any nail clippings. They'll find it useful."

Kyrenka Kyrenka Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Deathkitten Deathkitten

~Waylin & Nixiia~​
The dragon...

Nixiia couldn't shake the pinprick sensation of eyes boring into her. When she had first glanced around, she had noticed the mage that she had saw earlier staring at them with a odd expression. Makes sense, she thought; with her guidance and Waylin's reflexes, he was walking fairly normally. Most blind people walked around at a cautiously slow pace while feeling around with a cane, but her mage trusted her enough to confidently stride forward at a regular pace. His gait is a little off though... It wasn't noticeable, but if someone paid close enough attention they would be able to spot it. The other one's probably just noticing it now. It would explain the funny look the blond boy had given them. Now though, when the faerie turned around the other mage's eyes weren't on them but something was watching. Shifting on Waylin's shoulder, Nixiia's eyes wandered over to the dragon. He hasn't reacted yet. Maybe I'm being too paranoid. Honestly, she couldn't help it! Waylin was her first ward so it only made sense that she'd be a little clingy.

Concern. "Everything alright?" The mage's voice was light but it was lined with some wariness. He always took it seriously whenever Nixiia was on edge, which she was constantly grateful for since it meant that he was always ready to react to danger.

"Yes, everything's..." The faerie trailed off as she felt them draw closer to a familiar magic. It can't be! Excitement! That was fae magic! That meant that there were fae nearby! Confusion? At the gentle tug of emotion from Waylin, the faerie's excitement came crashing down. That' s fae magic! Drawing closer to the mage's head, the tiny figure settled into the crook of his neck. "Waylin, do exactly what I say and don't say or do anything until I say so." Alarm! The reaction was instantaneous; the boy's back straightened as his steps slowed with caution. The faerie watched as he tucked the egg closer to his body. There. Staring past the mage's hands, Nixiia watched as they crossed over the ring of mushrooms; looking up, she narrowed her eyes at the dragon as it dropped the drone it was carrying and turned back to see if the other children had followed. What is he planning? "Do you feel that?" Nixiia leaned into the shell of her ward's ear as she explained, "We're in a faerie circle, can you feel the magic?" She paused as she felt Waylin's attention redirect itself onto their surroundings. "It's a passageway, but I don't know where this one goes." While she was a faerie, not all faeries were the same. Much like humans, there were different races and those with different ideals. Nixiia's people were bound to humans, which meant that they spent all of their time in the mortal realm and were relatively isolated from other faeries due to their obsession with taking care of humans. When she had left home to travel, Nixiia had used a few faerie circles, but even then she didn't spend much time outside of the mortal realm. That doesn't mean that I'm a fool though. "There might be fae on the other side of this passageway, but they're not like me Waylin. Some are evil, so unless I say it's alright do not do anything. Do not give them anything, do not ask questions, do not eat, do not drink, and touch nothing. Do you understand?" Fear.

Concern. The mage didn't say anything, instead the faerie nearly lost her balance on his shoulder when his head jerked forward in a nod. Smart boy. He learns fast. A gust of wind from the dragon's wings plowed into them, signaling the flowers around them to start glowing as magic began to transport them. A dome rose, and Nixiia watched it climb higher and higher until it finally disappeared altogether. The clearing was gone, and in its place was a mansion and its sprawling grounds. The dragon glanced back at them with a grin, {I do hope you all know something about Fae etiquette.} Shock! Waylin flinched at the sudden telepathic voice, no doubt not expecting dragons to be able to do such a thing, much less be used to it..Nixiia gently rubbed her hand along her ward's cheek in comfort. Reassurance. "Don't worry, I won't let anything happen." She smiled at the wave of affection the boy sent towards her before schooling her expression. Taking in her surroundings, she dutifully began describing everything that she saw. Meanwhile, the dragon had already made his way inside with the two of them lingering outside with the other two students. She had only been half-paying attention to what the blond mage had been saying to the girl, Nixiia trusted that the two of them knew enough to get by. Hopefully they can take care of themselves. She didn't want to leave anyone behind, but Waylin was her top priority; as long as he was safe she could live with whatever was going to happen. If something happens. They still hadn't confirmed if they were in danger or not, but it was always wise to err on the side of caution. Speaking of which, Nixiia began giving Waylin directions. The mage obediently followed after the dragon, and the faerie glanced back at the other students. If they don't follow us by the time we reach the door, we'll have to go back and convince them to come with us. They weren't getting out the way they came in, so it was best that they stuck together.

Osuka Osuka Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Deathkitten Deathkitten

Forest
Elizar Rolonk and Mia
1546364509265.pngThe forest's trees were imposing, tall testaments to the strength of the environment. Here, nature was strong, and the creatures that crawled throughout the underbrush knew it too. The mana creatures seemed to enjoy skittering about, watching the students who headed into the forests.

Mia, enjoying touching trees as she passed them, managed to come across another student. This one was not in her class, but she figured it would be fun to speak to her anyways. She smiled and jogged up to the girl, waving, "Hi! I hope you don't mind if I join you. I didn't have a good group to join. Everyone else seems to have plans or at least some sort of idea as to what they want to do..." She looked down at her egg again, which was still not glowing, "I came in hoping my egg would start to glow or do something... but I'm not sure it will. I'm kind of worried. Do you understand anything about magic and mana? I'm more of a tech individual myself."

She internally grimaced. She was talking too much again, wasn't she? Mia held her egg closer to her chest and smiled a little. She wasn't great at being human, was she? Ah well. Trying was the most important part, right?

Her thoughts were interrupted as she looked up and noticed a huge, strange structure that was grown from the trees themselves. Mia's jaw dropped just a little and she pointed up at it in incredulity. It looked like part of a church, with windows made of vines and light streaming through. There were no pews or structures inside the building as one might expect... if one can expect anything from a church made of plants... but there was a structure at the very front of the room, where the podium would be.

From the wide opening, it looked like a stage and a podium, made of vines and leaves the same as everything else. There was what appeared to be a mana creature sleeping on the stage, though this one was easily as large as a bear. Its curled up position made it difficult to tell what type of beast it might be, unfortunately.

Kyrenka Kyrenka

Forest
En
1546457088199.pngThe only sound this disturbing creature made was the slightly raspy breathing that faded into the noises of the forest. White as snow, however, it did stand out a bit. Lucky for it, the goal was not stealth.

Bone-chilling, an impossibly deep roar that shook the loose leaves from the trees came from right behind En's head. It shook the magic glass of the mirror, the stones that orbited it rocking slightly in their floating positions. Whatever this thing was, it didn't seem pleased at what they had done. It was like a distorted harpy mixed with an angel, but even then it didn't seem quite right. This humanoid figure was floating behind him, wings as well as claws outstretched. The talons on her feet tensed and relaxed like they were eager to find their prey.

She floated to the side, listing as she took in her quarry. She looked En up and down as well as the mirror, before roaring again with that ear-piercing noise.

This beast was fast when it wanted to be, and proved this by darting forward for the mirror, intending to knock the stones out of orbit and scratch the surface of the mirror in one go. If the attack connected, she would do just that before turning to face En directly. She would pause then and take him in, as though she was debating on what to do next, measuring his actions.

Astralworks Astralworks

~Taylor Walker~
To the cabins...

The mage watched as the man, Ozarin, walked away. Keeping his line of sight strictly above the waist, Taylor stuck his tongue out at the man's retreating back. Get accustomed to surprises my ass. Sleeping in the woods at night without his shit wasn't Taylor's idea of a good time thank you. At least we get magic bullshit bags with our stuff. Speaking of which... The blond turned to see Omura leading a group of students some distance away. Frowning, Taylor quickly made his way after the group before he lost sight of them. It was somewhat reassuring that he'd have his things, but which things he'd get was an unwanted mystery. A "magical bag" could range from a tiny purse to a giant trash bag. Let's just hope for the necessities. Suddenly, horror filled him. Wait, are there even showers here? This surprise magical camping trip was bad enough, but if the cabins didn't have running water Taylor was going to lose his mind. No need to panic. There's elemental kids here, right? Worse comes to worse I'll just ask one of them for help. Right now, he needed a hairbrush.

Joining Omura's group, the mage managed to catch up right after a group of students, led by a teacher, joined as well. Taylor had definitely seen this teacher around before, but he couldn't remember who he was or which class he taught. Oh well, he's not my teacher so it doesn't really matter. "You seem to have gotten a couple stragglers that are not part of your special group, Lu-Dao," Omura suddenly called out, smiling as he cupped his hands in front of himself. The blond rolled his eyes at the man, but immediately focused when the man continued, "Good. I'm glad you all saw fit to find the cabins first. Here they are. It may seem a bit... unorthodox... but I assure you, their interiors are far more comfortable than their exteriors would lead one to believe. Each building is unoccupied but each has two beds. Claim a building with a friend and your belongings will teleport onto the bed you claim. It's simple and efficient this way, and since magic is involved, it means no one's privacy has to be invaded." Taylor frowned in contemplation. He hadn't expected to be alone, but a cabin for only him and one other person sounded pretty nice compared to some of the terrible camping stories his friend Liliana had spun for him. Then again... That 'unorthodox' comment set Taylor on edge. Please don't let 'unorthodox' really mean 'disgusting'.

As they approached the cabins, Taylor's heart dropped. Motherfucker. To their credit, the buildings appeared well-kept; however, the 'cabins' were more like an abandoned medieval village. It might've been actually quaint in its own historical way if it weren't for the absence of life and the intimidating darkness of the fog and clouds overhead. Omura began talking again, and with every sentence the knot in the mage's stomach worsened. Okay, the Fae are basically like wasps. You don't bother them and they won't bother you. Simple enough! Was the knife he had made out of iron? He wanted to know, just in case, but he did not want to ask Omura. "I suppose that's my little introduction to the cabins," their mysterious guide said, "Feel free to ask me questions, but otherwise, go ahead and claim your bed." However, the man paused for a moment while glancing towards the end of the line of buildings. "Ah. Right." The way Omura said that did not sit well with the blond. "It is first come first serve, but I should also warn you that you likely don't want to pick the building at the end of the strip. Luckily, there should be enough that no one has to. I imagine it'd be difficult to sleep there if you did." I've changed my mind, we're going to get fucking axe murdered in the woods. The school might've trusted these men, but the young mage sure as hell didn't. If there's one thing he's learned so far, it was that adults weren't very trust-worthy. Well, most adults.

He needed someone he could trust. Like hell was he going to sleep in the fucking murder woods without a trust-worthy roommate. Glancing around at the unfamiliar faces around him, Taylor mentally kicked himself. Can't find anyone trust-worthy if you don't make friends Walker. A shock of dark hair attached to a short figure caught his eye. Kaleb? Relief swept through the mage's thin frame like a tidal wave. Grinning broadly, the blond bounced over and didn't hesitate to wrap an arm around the smaller boy's shoulders. "Kaleb, sweetie," he practically sang, "How do you feel about having a little sleepover with me?" The mage tried to draw the boy closer, but was met with resistance. Letting go, Taylor's smile immediately vanished once he realized that the boy staring back at him was not Kaleb. Oh shit. The blond instantly raised his hands up in a placating gesture. "Sorry man, I thought you were somebody else." Making sure to take a few steps back in order to create some distance between them, he watched the other boy carefully. Well, at least there's a teacher around in case he decides to kick my ass.

Deathkitten Deathkitten WeaselThor WeaselThor (Taylor mistook Alt for Kaleb)

~Elizar Rolonk~​
The Forest...

As she wandered further and further into the crowd of trees, the sounds of the other students faded away until only the whispering of the woods was left. Elizar breathed out a sigh of relief, and for a moment her egg glowed a bit brighter. Beaming, the girl gently stroked the egg's delicate shell before lazily moving forward. The plants themselves emanated an aura Elizar had never encountered before. She cautiously reached out to them and they graciously invited her in. Her eyes darted excitedly around, taking in the strange and unknown species she had never met before. The creatures that would occasionally peek out or scurry by were odd too, but the plant life was so much more fascinating. Nestling down at the base of one particularly large tree, the mute let out another sigh. The patterns on the egg's surface were dancing under her finger tips and the tree at her back seemed to embrace her. Is this what magic is supposed to be like? She knew that she had magical abilities, but it seemed too weird to write off her ability to communicate and control everyday plants as just "magic". However, with the otherworldly glow of the forest around her, the egg's rippling surface, and the pull on her soul from the nature around her had finally convinced her that there was more to her abilities than what she had originally thought. It would explain the wings and horns. As her wings brushed against the bark of the tree behind her, her mind wandered. These trees are definitely different. Whenever nature answered Elizar's commands, it was automatic; all plant life obeyed her blindly, which was why she made sure to never abuse their trust. However, the plants around her had a stronger consciousness and she was convinced that if she tried to order them around that they'd only be doing what she asked because they were humoring her. Not that I'd do that. It's rude to order friends around after all.

An indescribable sensation came from the tree she was relaxing with before the sounds of footsteps reached her ears. More students? Elizar stood up just in time to face a unfamiliar girl coming through the brush. The girl seemed relieved to see the mute as she eagerly smiled, waved, and quickly made her way over. "Hi! I hope you don't mind if I join you. I didn't have a good group to join. Everyone else seems to have plans or at least some sort of idea as to what they want to do..." At this, the girl's eyes flickered down to her egg, prompting Elizar to take a good look at it as well. Her heart twisted painfully at the egg's dull and still surface. "I came in hoping my egg would start to glow or do something... but I'm not sure it will. I'm kind of worried. Do you understand anything about magic and mana? I'm more of a tech individual myself." The girl smiled while carefully bringing her egg closer to her chest. I knew that there were students without magic here, but this is cruel. What was the point of giving a egg to someone without magic if they weren't going to be provided with some aid? It was setting these poor children up for failure. Elizar gently cradled her egg with one hand while the other went to sign but the other girl's gaze had already left her. The strange girl's eyes widened and her jaw dropped slightly in shock. Concerned, the mute turned around. That wasn't there before.

Maybe the magic of the forest had hidden it before or maybe Elizar just wasn't paying close attention, but at any rate the mute stared in awe at the structure the trees had formed. It's beautiful. Thick branches formed walls and ceiling while leaves and vines filtered the sunlight coming through openings that resembled windows. It's like a church sanctuary. Forgetting about the other girl, Elizar's scanned the arches of the gorgeous structure before her gaze finally fell on the creature by the pedestal. It's huge! For a moment, the mute felt herself tense up. What if it's dangerous? Glancing at the other girl, the mute watched as she stared at the creature in wonder. If she wasn't afraid, then maybe it was OK? The school wouldn't have sent us somewhere dangerous. Feeling reassured, Elizar looked back at sleeping beast before turning fully towards the other girl. The dark haired girl raised her hand and hesitated before gently placing it on the other girl's shoulder. Once she had the girl's attention, Elizar quickly signed, "[My name is Elizar Rolonk, what's yours?]" She nodded towards the beast sleeping in the middle of the forest pedestal. "[Should we investigate?]" After a beat of silence, the mute's cheeks flared a bright red. Can she even read sign language? Astrella's was filled with people who surprisingly understood her, and somewhere along the way she had gotten used to it. Embarrassment radiated off of her in waves as she realized that she couldn't put the egg down and couldn't write with one hand. Please be quiet because you're thinking of a response and not because I just made a fool of myself.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

--Aero Wild x Cyclone--
Action: Head For The Coast(If there is one)

Aero was the kind of guy who'd mindscape would seem to be that of a large field, a canyon, or perhaps, an sky with no ground in sight. However, space didn't seem to fit the fact that he was a former school athlete, but clearly, it was.

Aero's mindscape appeared to be that of an astral plane with various stars and planets twinkling all around them, including earth and an unknown planet circling each other with various green beams connecting and circling the two planets. The Green beams appeared to be bridges, auroras scattered throughout this astral plane, including the one he's standing on.

He thought about what he saw as Aero began to wander around, searching for a coast as per Cyclone's request.

"Hey, kid." A growling voice called out to Aero as a green flame-like snake emerged from the boy's back and coiled around him once before growing into his usual size, his armor materializing along with his facial features, glancing at Aero. "It's about that place that egg took us..."

"Oh, Cyclone!" Aero glanced at his alien partner, holding the egg with one hand, curious on what he wants to say. "It's called a Mindscape...Although I don't get why you were there, though."

"I've explained it before. We're linked together to the T. Wherever you are, I'm always there." Cyclone explained, leaning towards the egg, peering from the shoulder. "The planet it showed connected by those green roads...That's where I came from."

"You mean that's you're...!" Aero turned around and deduced what that meant when Cyclone shushed him.

"Not so loud, kid!" Cyclone growled, "Right now, no one knows I'm an alien. Hell, even the school thinks I'm your Wind Elemental summon or some shit." He growled, looking around. "Hey, where the hell are we going anyway? I thought we'd be following that guide."

"You know what? I don't know." Aero admitted, looking around, "I've been going this way after they let us split up."

"God...Dammit." Cyclone sighed, his ethereal fist slamming his face.

"Hey, you'll never know what we'd find over here!" Aero tried to be optimistic, carrying on this journey with a hop and a skip.

"Whatever. Wake me up when you find something." Cyclone sighed, letting out a yawn as his flames dissipates into the wind, his armor disappearing just as his flames disappeared.

Follow the Dragon
...into a court of Fae...​
1547432108443.pngThe dragon, once they had all made their way inside, regardless of however slowly and cautiously, was waiting for them. He made a low, amused chuff as the last of the group made their way into the house. The drone that was once in his mouth was no longer there, instead sitting, disheveled on a side table.

{I needed to meet with the locals. Since you all followed, I guess you're invited,} he matter-of-factly explained, as though it was a normal thing, {We might have food or something. We'll see what they want. This drone is concerning, and it's important that it's mentioned.}

He barely had time to get the mental words out before they were greeted. The tiny buzzing of wings was the only warning before an adorable tiny girl appeared before them. No larger than Nixiia, the little thing floated in front of them with her hands clasped in front of her.

1547433245193.png"A pleasure to meet all of you. We look forward to having you all as our guests," she practically sang out, her voice incredibly melodic, despite the obvious trained nature of the statement. She was rather plain for a Fae, difficult to tell what court she may belong to as she wore only white and had no flowers or leaves of any sort adorning her.

"I am Isabelle, one of the tenders of this abode. Jashi'il, sir, a pleasure to have you, as always. I do hope we can help you with whatever you're in need of." she said, introducing herself and addressing the dragon. Isabelle then proceeded to buzz on up to Waylin and Nixiia, though her focus was clearly on the latter. "Miss and sir, may I inquire as to what court you are a part of? Who do you answer to? And who does your master answer to? You do not feel local at all, and I'm sure my master would be rather intrigued."

The dragon let them respond before clearing his throat, {I have business with the master, servant. Take us to them, please.}

"Of course, Jashi'il, sir. I'll take you all to the dining area, then retrieve the master," she responded, flitting backwards a bit for them to follow. While she did so, whispers could be heard throughout the house, emanating from no location in particular, it it would feel like they were surrounded by tiny voices filled with curiosity. The tiny fairy flew into the dining room and landed on the corner of the large dark-wood table. All the plates were already set and two bowls of amazingly good-smelling bread were on the table, one on either end. "Feel free to indulge yourselves with the food. I must mention, however, that no blood shall be spilt on the grounds out of malevolence, as it is neutral territory. Keep your spells to a minimum while inside the house. Honor the requests of the master if able. Keep all that you wish to continue to own on your person at all times. Don't take anything that you are not given. Give a gift when you are given a gift... and on top of that, I would suggest you offer a gift to your host first, whether that be something physical or something a bit more intangible. With that in mind, I'll return shortly."

Isabelle left quickly, disappearing around the corner in the blink of an eye. Jashi'il simply laid down, resting his head on his feet to wait for the news. These kids were amusing. He could only imagine how concerned they were... but oh well. That's what they got when they followed a gold dragon into a magical forest. They were just asking for strange things to happen at that point.

1547439477134.pngThere was a moment of relative silence where the whispers died down a bit. Another Fae could be seen peeking around the corner of the entryway, tiny hand pressed up against the frame. She wasn't flying, instead, she was on the floor. This one looked excited, like she was trying to hold herself back from saying hello. Same as the last one, she was only around 6 inches tall.

Osuka Osuka Kyrenka Kyrenka Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

En Valkyrie II --Twisted And More--

Sudden and highly effective, a loud roar shook En's core. Yellow eyes stayed widened for a time, the suspect flitting about like a hummingbird. Unable to grasp the situation, En fought the urge to solidify in its presence. He'd seen a lot of scary things in his time both real and figurative, but seeing its actions only brought tinges of worry. It attacked the mirror. Magic circles projected off of the pristine glass, spinning slowly in their position. En had no clue what that was about, but the large glowing circle of symbols he stood in the middle-of reacted to them. Wearily taking a step back, he eyed the flying thing as it eyed him. Something activated on the mirror the moment it was attacked, and due to the creature's behavior, he contemplated communicating with it. En was alone this time, and while accustomed, it'd actually been ages since he genuinely stood by himself in soul, body, and mind.

"Hello there, can you understand me?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
~Waylin & Nixiia~​
The dragon...

Nixiia's eyes darted around almost as rapidly as she spoke, "We've made our way into a large manor. The ceiling's pretty high and the foyer is spacious." She frowned at the furniture in confusion, "Everything is pretty big actually..." Didn't the dragon say that we were meeting other fae? Why was the furniture so large then? Unless it was for them?

Confusion? "Everything?" Waylin asked, "Like what?"

"The furniture," the faerie replied, "It's huge."

"Is it for the dragon?"

Confusion? The question caused her to pause for a moment before she was able to form a reply. "What?" She turned to look at him but immediately realized her mistake. The furniture was huge to her, not the mage. I have to get used to that. "No, I mean it's big for faeries like me. The furniture is human sized." Embarrassment. Red tinted Waylin's cheeks at his misunderstanding, and Nixiia couldn't help but rub the warm face affectionately. "It was my mistake." The mage mumbled something indistinct, but their conversation was interrupted by another telepathic message from the dragon.

{I needed to meet with the locals. Since you all followed, I guess you're invited. We might have food or something. We'll see what they want. This drone is concerning, and it's important that it's mentioned.} Curiosity? At the mention of a drone, Waylin perked up. Goddesses help me, the faerie nearly groaned aloud. She loved her ward's thirst for knowledge, she really did, but it sometimes reared its head at inopportune times. Luckily, a small, fluttering faerie quickly stole the dragon, Jashi'il's, attention. Excitement! That is definitely a Summer Fae! Her attire was plain, but it could've been a personal choice or professional requirement. However, as Nixiia concentrated she could feel that this place wasn't just inhabited by Summer Fae. The faerie frowned slightly at the revelation. We should be fine, but we should be cautious.

Just as the thought passed through her mind, the other faerie, Isabelle's, eyes locked onto her. Shit. The other fae immediately flew up to them, startling Waylin slightly at the sudden sound of a foreign pair of wings in the air. "Miss and sir, may I inquire as to what court you are a part of? Who do you answer to? And who does your master answer to? You do not feel local at all, and I'm sure my master would be rather intrigued." The questions were probably well-meaning, but they came rapidly and threw Nixiia off for a moment.

Confusion? Ah, that was right, she had never explained the court system and faerie politics to Waylin. In her defense, she never thought that they'd meet so many fae so soon into their adventure. Patience. Reassurance. The faerie resolved to explain as much as she could when she got a chance. The more he knows the better. Choosing her words carefully, Nixiia replied, "We're part of the Summer Court. We're not local at all; I'm a Pari-Pari from Malaysia and my partner is a human mage from India." Her gaze flickered over towards Waylin as she hesitated. "Pari-Pari's don't have masters; we bind ourselves to human partners but that's it." 'Domesticated' was the word that was typically used for fae that hung around humans, but calling herself and her people that made them seem like they were somehow lesser than other fae. Besides, we're still plenty wild. Her people would usually dwelled within the wild rain forests until they found a human worthy of forming a bond with.

As if he could feel Isabelle's inquiring gaze on him, Waylin added, "I don't have a master." Apparently satisfied with their answers, the faerie turned her attention back to Jashi'il. They exchanged a few more words before they found themselves being led towards a dining room. Isabelle continued to explain things as they went along, and Waylin appeared to be eagerly drinking in every word. Nixiia scanned the dining room and the food that was supplied. While the manor and its occupants seemed harmless, she was still hesitant to allow the mage to eat anything from the table. They may be Summer Fae, but they're not Pari-Pari. I don't know what to expect from them. It was at times like these that she hated how isolated her people were. Luckily for her, the boy didn't seem inclined to accept any of the food that was offered. Before long, Isabelle finished talking and left to go do...something. Probably to retrieve her master. Nixiia wondered if this master was another fae or something else. It would explain the large furniture. Curiosity. The faerie could feel Waylin's attention focus on her. Hunching her shoulders, she braced herself for his questions. Rather than bombard her, the mage was silent before simply stating, "You've never mentioned these courts before."

Shame. The emotion covered their bond in a thick and sticky blanket, making the mage flinch before he flooded their bond with affection and reassurance. A hand blindly, but somehow accurately, came up to the faerie's spot on his shoulder and gently petted her. "I should have told you," she admitted, "I wanted us to adjust to our bond and didn't want to overload you with too much at once, but I should have told you when we got to America."

Reassurance. "I'm not mad," Waylin said. Truthfully, there was no anger or resentment that she could detect from him, but it didn't take away the feeling that she failed him. "You did what you thought was best. I don't blame you for that." There was a pause before the mage added, "I guess now's a good time as any to tell you something too." Nixiia perked up curiously as the mage turned his head to face her seriously. "Nix...I'm blind."

There was a long pause before the faerie finally reached up and gave him a hard smack. Amusement. "You're an ass," she grumbled. The mage giggled as Nixiia reached up to smack him again. "Your jokes suck. You suck." Despite her harsh words, the faerie let him off with only a few more smacks. Waylin was still chuckling by the time Nixiia had settled back into her spot on his shoulder. Feeling something on the edge of her awareness, she scanned the area around them before her eyes finally landed on a tiny form watching them from behind an entryway. This faerie seemed a lot less reserved and collected than Isabelle. Dutifully, Nixiia leaned over into Waylin's ear, "There's a new faerie watching us. Not sure if she's going to come in though."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Brigid Maeve Gallagher
With the dragon

Brigid failed to respond to the next piece of conversation because she was distracted by the faerie, the actual, real faerie, had begun speaking. She was conscious, of course, of her mesmerization, so she took it as fascination rather than enchantment. She was also quite perplexed at why, when the fae were so physically tiny, they would have this place decorated with human-sized furniture. The dragon seemed to be a friend of the Fae Court though, so she decided he would probably know and that she could ask him later.

Osuka Osuka Kyrenka Kyrenka Deathkitten Deathkitten

Fay:

To be fair, he didn't really know what to expect when waltzing into a Fae's manor like he had received a hand-written invitation as if he was an official of the Council, but it seemed... It didn't seem overmuch, yet it seemed exactly like what a Fae would take interest in as far as decorating, but in all honesty, he had no idea what a Fae would use to decorate their manor in the Human realm... If they were in the human realm, but then again, that was a little late as far as matters to ponder upon went. Instead, the idea from here on out, regardless of Jashi'Il's invitation, was to keep as paranoid as he could without seeming rude.

That in itself was going to be difficult, but hey, if a Mage could help hold back the tide of invading warlocks with only two others and no other choice than "fight or die," then he could totally pull this off. It would be fine. Totally fine. Perfectly safe exercise in caution as far as exercises in caution went, and of course, he knew exactly was safe was.

Really. He promised. Even if it didn't really convince him of anything.

Still, he would have greatly preferred that Jashi'Il hadn't run off. Fay didn't really care about the scrap metal, considering that his current company was a supposedly blind mage, a Pixie, and another mage that seemed more scared of the Fae than he did, but it wasn't like he was Gandalf the Grey, able to halt a Balrog with a shout and a thump of his staff against stone. That would be hilarious if he could, but he wasn't about to even begin to entertain the delusion of grandeur.

Now, what exactly did he learn in Alaska about Fae? Well, for one, apparently children were absolute steals when it came to the bargain market, and it wasn't really unheard of that Fae would use what humans would consider "Underhanded Tactics" to squeeze a deal or a favor out of one, and the Fae definition of what constituted a deal was not exactly what Humans and those who lived within the Human realm considered fair or on the level. For two, Fae liked to use traps of sorts, though, really, if the human would have just thought about it, they wouldn't really take the succulent piece of candy from the big, huge bowl of assorted sweets, would they? No one took candy from a stranger, but if they did, well...

How would the Fae even know? Humans and Fae were made of different stuff, and were affected differently by things. You couldn't really hold them responsible, could you?

Case in point, the fresh, baked bread that was practically steaming in their bowls, their buttery crusts glistening in the afternoon light. They looked mighty appetizing, but Mages didn't really recall eating when they went to a function, unless they brought their own food. As far as he knew, none of them did, and they were probably already checked out by other Fae of the smaller variety as they entered. After all, this was their Master's territory, and his word was law unless you could find a loophole, and checking guests to ensure no ill-intent was to be expected.

"Guide me, almighty theory class," he muttered to himself, voice laden with sarcasm. "This is going to be a nightmare."

With that, Fay strode into the room first, looking to Brigid before looking to the chair he was pulling out for her. As his plus-one, she was, in a roundabout way, his guest, and so she would be first to be seated as far as his concerns went. The other mage and the Pixie would, unfortunately, have to fend for themselves unless things got.... Heated. Then he would probably do something stupid, but he would save the stupid things as the last things to do.

"Please, have a seat," he began, gesturing to the chair before speaking again. "And do mind the bread - though we have been given leave to indulge, I would suggest waiting until it is proven to be safe. After all, we were never told the contents of the baked goods, and our tolerances to ingredients differ wildly from their own. We wouldn't wish to burden them overmuch by becoming ill accidentally."

This last line he said loud enough for Waylin and Niixia to hear. It was better that they just casually overheard than to state it directly. After all, he wanted to make sure the girl he had chosen to take with him to this impromptu meeting was well taken care of and educated in a kindly and clear fashion.

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

The Coast
coast.jpgThere was a bit of a walk before the forest started to open up. The Western coast of the United States was cold all the time, but especially at this time of year. Even the air coming off the frothing seas was brisk and chilly. Despite that, to those who grew up with it, the ocean had a certain allure to the freezing scent of the breeze. All that said, however, Aero would notice a steep drop-off almost the moment the trees gave way.

They grew all the way up to the edge like they enjoyed heights. The water that was at least sixty feet below in the shortest of spots frothed up against the rocks, turning the turquoise water bright white as it churned. That was the overarching sound, crashing of the waves, the occasional call of a seagull - otherwise known as the scourge of coastal communities, and the sound of wind whipping through foliage.

Very quietly, however, faint and distant, there was another sound. [div class="button"][/div] This sound was very different from the calls of the birds or the crashing of the waves, and sounded like it was ricocheting, echoing through something below. It sounded like a small child, a little girl probably younger than Aero, crying her eyes out. She sounded like she was absolutely wailing and scared beyond belief.

Despite the noise, there was no obvious child strewn out on the cliffs or on one of the lower rocks.

((Only Thepotatogod Thepotatogod was there, but this is pretty significant, so I figure you'd all like to see. WeaselThor WeaselThor Kyrenka Kyrenka Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Osuka Osuka Djinni Djinni gloomyResearcher gloomyResearcher Steve Freeling Steve Freeling MirrorBoy MirrorBoy Astralworks Astralworks Rantos Rantos ))
[class=button]
width: 125px;
height: 83px;
float: right;
[/class]

Tsunami:

Cool. He knew where the cabins were, and Lu-Dao was currently distracted by having to watch way too many people at once while also seeming to be passively mean-mugging... At least, he thought he was... Omura. So instead of sticking around, he was ditching.

Slowly, quietly, being at the back of the line now that Lu-Dao was more forward, Tsunami began his work, thanking everything that was good and devious that the uniform he wore was actually a Brisbanian Brawler uniform instead of a cheap knock-off. The soles of his shoes allowed him to have a quieter step as he made his way to the tree-line before climbing up one of the trees, swinging off a thick branch, and then making a run for it. Again, he couldn't have been happier that he had gained this outfit, otherwise his footfalls would've sounded like an elephant stampeding through the woods. To be honest, he wanted to be at the coast. There was water, sky, a lack of people.... And a lack of people.... Usually, at least, and considering this was a private area, it absolutely had to be. There was still a lot he had to unpack after he had been slain during his misguided attempt to save Tempest, and he thought it would be better to do it away from everyone else.

Once he arrived, after becoming winded from his sprint from Lu-Dao's presence to here, he couldn't help himself but to sit upon the coast's cliffside with his feet dangling over, taking in the smell of the ocean as it crashed against the wall of earth above it. It was... Peaceful. Quiet...

That was until he had heard the crying.

Having caught his breath, Tsunami's brows furrowed as he picked his head up. There couldn't possibly be some little kid here, and for a couple reasons at least: One, no parent was so irresponsible that they would've let their kid out of sight long enough for them to get here, and two, the exact reason one was impossible was because everything here was private property of... Well...

Okay, so he wasn't sure even this area was the private property of Omura and pals, but he was going to think it was.

"The hell...?" He muttered to himself, standing from his seated position upon the cliff's edge, head on a swivel. "Where the fuck is the kid? Why the fuck is a kid here, anyway?"

(I am so sorry this post is kinda thin... There isn't a lot to do.)

--Wild X Cyclone--
Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka

Aero was getting a little bit bored as he walked through the forest, however, he soon caught the sound of the waves crashing down in the distance which lightened up Aero, which meant that his journey wasn't all for naught.

"Are we close?" Cyclone asked as he materialized once more, "I can hear the waves from here."

"We're almost there, I think." Aero answered as he soon saw the faint sign of the blue ocean. "Ah! There it is!" Aero beamed with glee as he soon ran out to greet the coast only to skid to a halt when he noticed there wasn't anything else to run on. He nearly fell off of the cliff until Cyclone caught the back of his collar and pulled him back, causing both of them to fall onto their bosoms.

"Dammit Aero!" Cyclone growled as he dematerialized, soon materializing once more beside him. "You gotta be careful around these parts, you idiot! Can't you tell that it's a cliff for andromeda's sake?!"

"Sorry, sorry..." Aero apologized as he rose up, still sitting as he marveled the sight of the island's coastal area. It wasn't like the river in his area, nor was it any similar to the sights he used to see back at the city. It's pretty normal to get excited at these kind of things, really. "I just got caught up, that's all."

"Yeah, whatever." Cyclone sighed as he then visibly perks up and glances around. "Hey...Do you hear something?" He asked, his flame-like body bearing hard light claws. "Y'know, other than the waves and the breeze?"

"Huh?" Aero asked as he stood up, "Whaddya mean?"

"You don't hear it?" Cyclone turned to Aero, "Sounds like a lil' kid bawling her eyes out. Like that annoying brat next door."

"Now that you mention it..." Aero rubbed his chin, soon looking around, "I swore I heard that when I almost fell off..."

"So it's not just me, huh?" Cyclone sighed in relief as he soon floated off of the cliff. "Just to shut it up, I'll go look for it. I'll be back in half an hour."

"Take care!" Aero bid his alien friend goodbye as he flew off below, scaling down the cliffs to find out the source of that annoying sound that he heard.

Tsunami:

Voices.

He could hear voices over the sound of a crying child, which was far more faint. It sounded like it was muffled somehow, but he couldn't initially put his finger on it. The sound was coming from here, so it had to be below him, but why? It wasn't unnatural for there to be some kind of cave system around here.... But as he saw the image of a glowing, fiery form move past him, he definitely knew that that sight wasn't natural. He'd be an idiot otherwise, but it seemed to belong to one of the voices that were approaching. Turning quickly to look back, Tsunami spotted one other person here, and they looked to be a student. At least... He thought so. Far as he knew, if they didn't look like an adult, they were probably a student.

"Oi!" He called out. "You heard it too, eh? We goin' or what?"

To be honest, it was probably best that more than one person went to check out the sound, and the bubbling platform of water that he raised from the ocean with a lift of his hand was evidence that he was, in fact, offering a ride. It was a pain, though. Having not fully recovered from his last incident and having to jog was already making his muscles ache, and with the sprint he had to do just to get here, well... This wasn't as easy as it looked. There was a part of him that was hoping the student would take him up on the offer. The more the merrier, and to be honest, he wasn't fully recovered, and no matter how powerful the man's friend was, that was only one person. A very bright person, and he could only say in the physical sense since he didn't know the person anymore than a cursory glance.

"Better if it was a team effort, y'know."

Thepotatogod Thepotatogod

--Aero Wild x Cyclone--
Osuka Osuka Deathkitten Deathkitten

Mere moments after Cyclone left, he heard someone call out to him. Turning to see a young man, about the same age as him call out to him and asked if he's tagging along as a platform of water rose up to the ground in front of him, as if offering a rid.

"Well..." Aero pondered for a moment as he glanced at the egg. He was actually there just to rest up after all the excitement and let Cyclone do his thing for a bit, but seeing as there is someone else who's worried about it...It must be something big, and it's something that might need him to bond with Cyclone. "Sure, why not?" He nodded in response, hopping onto the platform of water. He might as well follow Cyclone in case things go south.

Meanwhile, Cyclone is still following the distant voice of the child somewhere, but he was beginning to think it came from within the cliff. Talk about spooky.

Coast
cave.jpg[div class="button"][/div]The sound continued as Cyclone explored the exterior of the cliff. All the same, however, there was no sign of the origin of the sound. There was no dangling child crying out for an inattentive parent, and no sign of any items that may have hinted to where they were either. As he searched and the other two joined the effort, the sound got quieter before cutting off.

This cessation of sound was short-lived, and as they came upon an entrance to a cave, the noise started up again, though much quieter than before. Still, there was no clear cause of the crying, and the cave went deeper than they could see, winding around a corner off into the distance. This sea-cave was large, formidable, but incredibly beautiful as well. With each crashing of a wave, a small bit of water trickled its way in, and with the receding of the wave, the water made its exit. Flowers grew along the dirt near the entrance of the cave and water lilies grew in the remaining water, showing that the water levels in the area were at least mostly constant and stable.

The crying cut off once more, followed by an echo-y, far off, short scream. The tiny scream turned into scared whimpering, like whoever the voice belonged to was afraid of continuing to cry out.

IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF YOUR CHARACTER DYING, DO NOT ENTER.

I am in no way saying that they will die, but they could if you take the wrong steps. Entering means that you understand this and accept that risk.
((Again, only Thepotatogod Thepotatogod and Osuka Osuka were there, but this is pretty significant, so I figure you'd all like to see. WeaselThor WeaselThor Kyrenka Kyrenka Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Djinni Djinni gloomyResearcher gloomyResearcher Steve Freeling Steve Freeling MirrorBoy MirrorBoy Astralworks Astralworks Rantos Rantos ))
[class=button]
width: 125px;
height: 83px;
float: right;
[/class]

IMG_20190122_075942.jpg
--Cyclone--​
Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka

(Gonna wait for Osuka to post before I let Aero in)

Several minutes had passed, and Cyclone noticed the child's crying stopping abruptly, prompting him to stop in his tracks. Glancing around as if trying to locate it once again. Just then, an interesting sight caught his eye.

"Hello there..." Cyclone uttered as he flew inside the cave just as the crying started up again. Except this time. it felt as if they were screaming in pain, then silenced, reduced to a whine. Cyclone winced upon hearing this, seemingly freezing in place as he felt a rush of both fear and anger flow through his flame like body. That scream brought up some bad memory that he himself tried to forget. A failure which forced him to rebel against his homeplanet and led him to crash on earth. A soft scowl crept up his face as he glared on ahead, assuming that right now, something bad's happening to the child. One that Cyclone wouldn't allow at the bottom of his heart.

'This feels too dangerous, but somehow I want that kid to be safe...' Cyclone concluded as he stood there, glancing back, awaiting for his host to arrive. 'If I'm really gonna do this, I need to bond with him...That's a fact.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back