• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Assortment of Plots

myvalentina

A half forgotten song
MyVal's Search Thread
PlotsThese are specific plots that I'd like to do but they're also to give you an idea of the types of genres I like. We can use them for a jumping off point too if you have a different idea for an RP.

If I Can't Remember You (Mystery, Drama)

Muse A is curious to reconnect with an old childhood friend, Muse B, who has just come back to town after decades away. There had been rumors that Muse B had died in a car crash with his family when they'd moved away, but it seems only their parents had died. Muse A has clear memories of when they were children but it was a long time ago so maybe it's not so strange that Muse B seems to have forgotten them.

Details - In this story I'd like to play Muse B as someone who has actually stolen an identity. Muse B has the same hair color and eye color as a child who died and has been living with this false identity for awhile until they find out some old relatives have left them a house and some money in a will. Muse A is the only person in the small town that quickly becomes suspicious of Muse B. If you'd like to play Muse B that's fine, but my first choice is to play Muse B if I could. *Also this might be hard to do in a present time period because of technology and like social media. So maybe if it's set in the 80s or 90s (or further back even) it's a little more plausible.
The Gap in the Door (Mystery, Horror)

Muse A and Muse B are both at the same house party, one that has happened every year for the past couple of years in their small town. It's attended by a lot of the local high school kids but hosted by young twenty somethings that have since graduated. It's kind of a sad affair, as some have realized that only those people that haven't really done anything with their lives are still the ones attending. If that wasn't enough as the party keeps going Muse A and B start noticing weird things going on in the house and soon find themselves alone and trapped inside the house with no way out and something stalking them.

Details - This one is specifically based on Silent Hill - PT. Some malevolent force has taken both our characters prisoner inside this house and they are faced with manifestations of their darkest fears, secrets, and insecurities.
Don't Abandon Vex City (Action Adventure)

The [Cool Villain Name] is a powerful super villain that has destroyed an entire city basically reducing it to a hole in the ground. While it was presented by the government as a natural disaster rumors began circulating around the superhero community about the new threat and what to do about it. After a second city is struck and a Super survived the attack, but just barely, cities and heroes all around the world are on edge as to where he will strike next. Muse A and Muse B are the main Supers of Vex and have to team up when it turns out the villain is targeting their city next.

Details - This one is pretty straight forward and a plot that I was a part of with someone awhile ago but I still have a craving for superheroes. I have a few Superhero OCs I could use as well as I can create a new one depending on what dynamic we want to have between our heroes. In the previous RP our characters were a little antagonistic with each other, but we can set up any kind of relationship or dynamic we want with them. We can also discuss the villain and our character's individual powers (limits/weaknesses).
The Star King Demands It (Sci-fi, Fantasy)

Muse A is a secret agent for a large Kingdom. They are returning to their kingdom after having recruited Muse B to help them with with a special mission from the King. A wedding is taking place to ensure peace in the universe and to unite the two oldest spacefaring kingdoms, and Muse A is tasked to make sure it goes off without a hitch since there are many out there who would want to cause chaos and start a new war.

Details - I will be playing Muse A so Muse B can be anyone you want them to be. E.g. A mercenary, famous marksman, scientist, magician, or even a secret agent from the other kingdom. There's a lot to brainstorm and come up with for this plot since it's a combination of like futuristic technology with old style swords and sorcery, but I welcome the input.

Notice
Before the rules let me just bring your attention to the fact that none of the plots have romance as a genre on them and that's because I don't particularly like RPing romance. We can discuss it more if you're interested in one of the plots and want to include it.

Rules & Stuff About Me
  • I can be very slow to reply. I know this is already a make or break for people. Just know that a week between posts doesn't bother me whatsoever. Any longer you should probably poke me cause I've gone into panic mode thinking I've made someone wait too long. This doesn't mean I can't do a couple responses a day, but that isn't my norm. If you disappear on me I don't mind it much either, just know I'll be around even if you come back. I can be super chill about these things. If I disappear, sorry in advance.
  • I like to Rp in the threads for the most part, but more importantly I'd like to keep it on RPnation.
  • Like I said I am iffy with romance and tend to lose interest in romance plots. While I like reading it I never feel like I can accurately pull it off especially if it feels forced so I tend not to try too hard to make romance a big part of the role-play. If it's going to be at the forefront of the RP it needs to have plot relevance. We can always discuss it, but just suffice to say I want more things going on than just people in love with each other.
  • I'll play a primary character but I love to throw minor characters around just to add to the world of the RP. Feel free to do the same. Or ask me if it's ok to write for a minor character I've mentioned. More often than not minor characters are up for grabs so we can move the plot along.
  • But obviously no god-modding on my main character/s.
  • I'm mostly a night blogger in my time zone so anywhere between 3pm-3am CT is when I'm the most active.
  • Do you have a pet? If so, what's their name?
  • A few paragraphs a post is my norm unless there's like dialogue happening or quick action. I don't have post requirement just give me something to work with. I don't want to feel like I'm roleplaying with myself.
  • I'm not a stickler for grammar. If i don't understand something I'll ask you about it and if we really can't understand each other no big deal we can go our separate ways. No judgement.
  • I don't usually have concrete ideas so feel free to change the plot up or add stuff and expand on the rp. We can always discuss it in OOC before implementing too. Mostly I want you to feel comfortable playing with the plot elements I've laid out so that the story is just as much yours as mine.
  • Lastly I'm not squeamish or easily grossed out so have at it with gore and horror elements and if I have a problem with content I'll say so. Please let me know if you don't like certain themes or if you have any triggers. I'd like us to be honest with each other most of all.
Anything Else
Thanks for taking the time to read even if you're not interested!

Last edited:
Hello there, I'm uh... interested in the Don't Abandon City Vex plot. I've got a character of mine in mind for this.

Regarding that uh, pet question, I've got two cats and their names are Vanilla & Naim.

Also, what's your preferred post length?

Awesome! Roxasarass Roxasarass

Personally I'll write 2-3 paragraphs a post. I don't expect my partner to match me but unusually I expect like one paragraph or 2-3 sentences. If it's less though I don't get mad.

2-3 paragraphs, ey? I'm sure I can match that.

Anyways, should we make the uh... threads for this?

I'm sort of new to 1 on 1 rping here, so I don't know what to do.

myvalentina myvalentina The Star King Demands it sounds pretty cool

I have a budgie named George he tweets a lot, in the literal sense I mean.

I don't mind post rate as I do work and I normal post a few paragraphs even though it can take me a while

Users who are viewing this thread

Back