• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

MedievalMethods

Saturday Night Dragon-Slayer
Hello! In making a return to the site of story makers, I find myself wanting a group to roll the proverbial dice with.

A few generic's about me.
  • Timezone: U.S. Mountain Time (-7 MT).
  • Activity: I'm available on Sunday every week. I have floating holidays, as well as one day off during the week. I work and study, so I'm not always online for RP. Posts are usually written and done very early or very late in the day. I post once a day for sure; multiple posts may happen but aren't planned every day.
  • Contact: PMs are open as well as any recruit thread I have. Feel free to contact me whichever way you prefer.
  • Expectation: I give back, what I receive in writing. I always give my best, out of the courtesy of making an RP fun and interesting experience for the player and lurking readers.
  • Caveat: Please don't "ghost" before exiting an RP. If it's due to time, creative differences, or disinterest in the RP, I would much rather know than be left wondering what happened.
I'd like to think that my tastes are wide and diverse. So as always, I'm open to the wackiest settings and avant-garde plot ideas for interactive stories. But in the interest of narrowing down the playing field of possibilities, a few genres I specifically enjoy are Science Fiction, Alternate History, Post-Apoc, Military/Martial Adventures, and High Fantasy.

A few of my favorite established fandoms are the series Mass Effect (game), Fallout (game), Cyberpunk (original), Riftworlds (pen/paper RPG), Starship Troopers (novel), Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings.
More than those, however, are the original ideas that naturally spring up when speaking with roleplayers and writers. I have my share of worlds and stories and have listed a few of my more favorite ones here.

-
This is the story of the worst Thanksgiving ever.

Three unlikely groups: a shell-shocked family, a band of complete strangers, and a rogue military squad, all experience and endure the complete collapse of global society on November 26th, 2015, from there own little corner in San Francisco, California. As stock markets across the globe plummet, hyperinflation cripples commerce and the mounting crisis passes the tipping point. Just in time for Black Friday too.

Practically overnight, the fragile chains of supply and high technology infrastructure fall, and wholesale rioting and looting grip every major city. As national economies burst into flames, peace and sanity burn with them. Sides are taken; arms and armies made and mobilized; and all manner of chemical, nuclear and biological hell are unleashed in storm of human frustration, misdirected anger and complete despair.

Due to similar circumstances, each group is forced to trek to the East, all of them pressed to seek sanctuary in civilizations last respite. A place known only as, Eureka. As hordes of refugees, looters and opportunists pour out of the cities, our trio tries to make its way cross country to their Seaboard safe-haven. The journey requires all their skill and savvy, since communication, commerce, transportation, and law enforcement have all disappeared. Along the way our survivors face off against an avalanche of obstacles, from vicious attacks from outsiders, to assisting other groups that are trying to restore some semblance of order in these American Deathlands.

Join us for a thrilling story of the collapse of the world, and the rebirth of a new one.

- The story of Dust takes place in an alternate timeline, when a series of events causes widespread devastation and unrest on Earth during the Victorian age. Fortunately, space travel is a viable method of escaping the planet, thanks to the accidental discovery of rocket propulsion in the American Civil War! Devised sometime in the mid- or late- 1800s by the minds of the great thinkers of the time, countless ships were built. All manners of nations, organizations, and entrepreneurs. Together, they will carry hundreds of thousands of people to the furthest reaches of the stars. This is the story of a few characters, and their descendants, aboard one of these ship flotillas that managed to find landfall on the world of Dust.

- A pet project of mine that is inspired from tabletop RPGs, Arthurian myth literature, and events set across the Middle Ages. Mainly in Europe, but I am open to all sources of inspiration within the time period. This is not a modern fantasy; magic may exist, as might dragons. You most likely won't be traveling among the company of elves and dwarfs, but you will have heard of them from Uncle Athelwold, whose great-great-grandfather was once a knight and slayed a troll. We will be relying less on outright supernatural, and more mysticism. The setting is in the early middle ages and follows the events of the fallen Kingdom Frankia, whose peoples have fallen on hard times under desperate rulers. Together, players will seek to impact the world by their decisions in restoring the kingdom, reigning themselves, or destroying it altogether.

- An apocalyptic catastrophe occurred that shrouded the Earth in a wall of inky darkness; the Abyss. Out of that darkness came Aberrations, and what they brought with them was death. And born out of that death, a new world was born, called Leviathan. One thousand generations have passed since Mankind left the ground, those forsaken Lowlands, and now live among the clouds aboard city-sized airships called Lifeports. These mobile, flying, floating fortresses are the new nations of Man. The reasons why life is different now have been lost to time and truth is now a mystery. Civilization, culture, and technology have regressed in some regards and expanded in others. You are a Latern of the Eternal Spark. Part explorer, part scholar, part warrior-priest, your sole duty is to protect the flame of life held in every man, woman, and child. And to ensure the future lives of unborn humans, yet to come. You do this by bravely descending to the Lowlands, in armored Atmosuits, to confront the evil spawn of the Abyss and seek to kill this world of Leviathan that sprung into being so long ago. And whose deeds may glow, as a sigil, that will guide and guard Mankind.

- Set in the modern-day, a group of entrepreneurs try to make it big in the Gig Economy, operating a food delivery business, as a front for assassination, hit jobs, and wetwork activity. Perhaps you're an old hand; either a retired professional looking for a steady side income to supplement his blood-diamond retirement. Maybe you've been around the block; fresh out of the Pen' with no real prospects. Perhaps you're just a college student, of ambiguous morals whose strapped for cash. It doesn't really matter who you are; just provide a killer service, in 30 minutes or less.

- A historical slice-of-life set in 1914 Paris, against the backdrop of early 19th century Europe on the eves of conflict. A group of talented strangers gathers from across the world at the invitation of an eccentric duchess to be apart of a 'new renaissance'. Everyone present has art or craft they excel in expressing. But by fate or circumstance, would never see it blossom, and would never dream to pursue it. Until now. Whether that expression is in song, music, dance, poetry, sports, other martial or cerebral feats, all of them show an aptitude for boundless creativity. This creativity will be honed, and spared no expense, for each of them. So long as they are willing to share it with the world once every season, at events known as Soiree.

If anything you've read so far has peaked your interest, don't be a stranger. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
So do you mind my asking what specifically you're looking for? Are you looking to GM something? A completely collaborative story? Or someone else to GM? You seem very well spoken (well written? Ha.) With lots of fun ideas, so I'm interested in RPing with you if you'll have me, but I just wonder what exactly is being sought after.

So do you mind my asking what specifically you're looking for? Are you looking to GM something? A completely collaborative story? Or someone else to GM? You seem very well spoken (well written? Ha.) With lots of fun ideas, so I'm interested in RPing with you if you'll have me, but I just wonder what exactly is being sought after.
I guess I'm putting my RP worlds out there and offering to GM, for a group of someone's who might like what they read, and wish to add their own characters to them. And all together, make a fun campaign, and a interesting story to read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back