• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Aslan City] - Rabbit hunt.

StarPrincessVal

Princess of the Stars
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This RP is part of the Isekai Hell Role Play community. In this RP, we'll introduce Mimi and Stella to the world of Isekai Hell as well as each other. They will explore the city of Aslan, capital city of the Grand Duchy, and make their way into the surrounding wilderness to obtain animal pelts. Any other players looking to introduce themselves to the characters or join them on a rabbit hunt are free to do so.

1671145205691.png

Mimi.jpg
Mimi

Mimi reaches the top of the steps and collapses with exhaustion. After nearly a month traveling through the wilderness since she woke up in the forest with no memory of how she got there, she finally reached her destination. The sun was high in the sky as the humans passed Mimi by, ignoring her obvious need of help. This is how it had been in most of the towns Mimi had travelled through. Indifferent humans or sometimes worse, bigoted humans. She rolls over onto her back and stares up at the sky as an airship passes over head. It blocks out the sun momentarily casting a huge shadow over her. Finally she stands up and continues on her way. Surely somewhere in this sprawling city, she could find someone to train her.

Last edited:
A5C89396-A9C2-44FC-8973-23BDDE04DC7C.jpeg
Stella Solis
Interaction: StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal
Mention: N/A
While Mimi was trying to find someone to train her for an unknown reason. Stella was taking a leisurely walk around the capital city known as Aslan, so she could find some inspiration on the things she wanted to make for her dream business as a magic shop merchant. However, they were having a hard time in turning that dream into a reality. It also doesn’t help how her parents weren’t merchants, because both of them ended up becoming teachers for the mages’ academy.
‘Geez. I didn’t think it would be this hard for me to think of what kind of item I should make for my magic shop in order to get a good profit. It also doesn’t help how my parents didn’t bother to take me to a school within the Grand Duchy, because they thought they could teach me during their free time.’
Her thoughts were just Stella being annoyed by her parents’ inability to teach her how to make a magic shop, since they only taught her the basics of how to use her magic. ‘I guess I can’t win at everything. Especially when I got to learn how to use light magic.’

As the airhead genie continued to walk down the street while being in their own little world. They run into the cute dog girl known as Mimi by accident, and this causes her to fall on her butt. “Ow.” Stella said that while rubbing her head, because they didn’t mean for something like that to happen. Her gaze then went up to see the cute dog girl, and this is when her affection towards cute animals crawled its way towards the surface. “Oh my gosh! Are you ok? Do you need a hug or a pet on the head? Please don’t tell me I hurt an adorable dog girl like yourself, since I can’t believe my carelessness caused this to happen.”
Stella said that, since her past life self’s love for cute animals was making a temporary appearance here. They couldn’t help themselves with seeing something as adorable as a dog person like Mimi, since she wants to protect an adorable being like them.
‘Cute. Cute. Cute. CUTE! I want to pet their head, touch their fluffy ears and tail, or hug them.’ Stella’s thoughts were just her being excited to see their first beast, as she never met one until now. In fact, she was unaware of their existence, since her parents kept their little princess within their house for her own safety.

Mimi.jpg
Mimi
"Are you talking to me?" Mimi picked herself up and brushed herself off. Surely this person wasn't talking to her. No one had been remotely close to nice to Mimi thus far. Though the woman in front of her looked quite different from the the humans who had ignored her and chased her away previously. She stared at the woman confused for a moment. Suddenly coming back to her senses, she bowed her head apologetically and spoke frantically to the woman in front of her. "I'm sorry for bumping into you. Please excuse my absent mindedness. Please don't chase me out of your city, it took me so long to get here." Her eyes begin to tear up as she imagines having to continue walking to find another place where a leather worker might be.

Last edited:
C6BDFF3F-CA77-49A3-8C0F-4253C48DB7F7.jpeg
Stella Solis
Mention: N/A​

Stella tilted her head in pure confusion when the poor dog girl asked her if she was talking to them. “Of course I am talking to you. It was my fault for running into you, so an apology must be given for causing an accident like that. Not to mention, I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself for hurting someone who is extremely fluffy like yourself.” Stella was flirting towards Mimi, because she was hinting at liking the cute dog girl.
Things then got depressing after the dog girl’s apology, as the poor thing cried upon thinking they would be chased out of Aslan for not being a human.
That just caused Stella to hug the poor dog girl while petting their head. She didn’t want to see this sweet dog girl she just met to cry like this, because it doesn’t fit with their cute self at all.
“There, there, it is ok. I won’t chase you out of Aslan over an accident like this.”

After saying that to Mimi, Stella moved her hair out of the way to show them their pointy ears. “I am not a human either, so take a nice deep breath to calm yourself down.” They want their future friend to be calm and collected, since she didn’t want them to get the wrong idea about this situation.
“So what brings a sweet dog girl like yourself to Aslan? Are you looking for some potions, magical items, magical weapons, magical armor, or are you interested in going to the mage academy?” Stella was curious about the dog girl’s intentions, as it’s not everyday you get to see their adorable fluffy self walking around the capital city of the Grand Duchy.
“In fact, I might be able to help you out with navigating around Aslan. It can be complicated to find your way around this city without a guide.”
This was their excuse to hang out with this cute dog girl she just met. She wants to know them a bit better, because it’s not normal to see a humanoid female dog cry like this.
‘Who made this poor dog girl cry? If I find out who it is, they are going to pay unless it was those childish humans. If it was them, then it can’t be helped.’ That thought of hers was just them not wanting to mess with any of the humans. She knows how powerful they can be, since she used to be a human, just like them in her past life. It doesn’t help how the humans have the same belief from earth towards any genies like her about them being able to grant their wishes. In fact, she asked the same question towards her parents when she was a kid out of pure curiosity. It caused her parents and her big brother to laugh, as the wish granting thing was a genius lie to mess around with the silly humans. Although, they did tell her about the wealth skill being able to do something similar with the wish granting myth. They just can’t make money appear out of nowhere, make someone fall in love with that person, or do anything of the crazy requests the humans keep asking the genies to make it happen.

Mimi.jpg
Mimi
Mimi's tail wagged and her ears perked up as she was being hugged and petted. She'd never been treated like this before. She thought it felt nice. When the woman explained she wasn't a human, Mimi calmed down and begin to listen to what the woman was saying. Then the woman asked Mimi why she was in the city, Aslan, as she called it and offered to show her around. "I came here to find a leather worker to apprentice under. I'm not sure why, but when I awoke in the woods with no memory, something told me to find a master to train under. Like it was my purpose or something. Everytime I entered a city before, the humans chased me out. This was the next stop on my journey. I'd love a guide if you're not too busy, I don't really know anything about this place." Mimi's stomach growls, causing her to blush. She bows apologetically again. "I'm sorry, I guess I'm hungry. I haven't eaten anything since last night." She opens her pack to see how many rations she has. She pulls out a piece of dried meat, tears it in half, and chews on it, while storing the other half for later. "I am Mimi. What's your name?"

Last edited:
6379C626-7CF7-4858-8D81-7A95EC2BF273.jpeg

Stella Solis

A smile appeared on Stella’s face when she saw the poor dog girl wagging her tail and their ears perked up. It was adorable from Stella’s point of view, so she kept petting their head after the hug was over just to cheer them up. This got even better upon seeing the dog girl calming down once they understood what she said about not being a human.

The dog girl then brought up how she was looking for a leather worker, but what got her attention was the fact they have no memories. “How peculiar. To think I would run into a dog girl, who ended up in the woods with no memories. But who am I to judge your situation, since my situation is just as bizarre as yours if not more so.“ Stella had her right hand on her chin, because she was thinking about the different possibilities for a sweet dog girl like her to lose their precious memories. “I won’t go into more details about that, because you aren’t ready for it. However, I can take a few good guesses as to what might have happened.”
She said that, because unlike the poor dog girl, who has amnesia. Her past life memories can assist them, since she used to be a human, who loved video games, manga, and anime.
“Someone might have cast some kind of amnesia spell on you, so you would die in the woods. If that didn’t happen; there is also the possibility of a summoning ritual, or you being reincarnated by some god. But the summoning ritual or the reincarnation thing isn’t likely to happen, unlike the amnesia spell.”
They were being careful about not bringing up the information about her isekai situation, because of the potential risk it would cause if they weren’t to be trusted. Not to mention, if that dog girl were to be a native of this world. It would cause a lot of problems if someone like her were to gossip about it. Especially if the humans heard it, since they are the type of people who would go nuts over something like a god’s reincarnation process or the summoning ritual. Even more so, if they find out about that kind of information being from a fae-like being like her.

“As for the leatherworker thing. Well, I admire your determination to become someone’s apprentice. Shouldn’t you focus on getting more information about your predicament by going to the library? You are just begging to get yourself into a lot of trouble.”
Stella was bringing up a good point about the dog girl’s situation. They don’t have any knowledge about this world, nor know the potential risk of running into the hostile wild creature she doesn’t know. She was looking out for their well-being, because they are like a lost little kid, who needs someone to guide them in the right direction.

The dog girl continued with what they had to say, and it became depressing to find out how the humans were being mean to them. “I should have known how this was the humans’ fault, since they can be mean for a bunch of different reasons. As for me, I think they are annoying, but that is just my opinion as a fae-like being.”
Stella didn’t bring up the genie thing towards her new friend, because of the possibility of them saying the mighty wish-granting lie. It would also make it less complicated if the dog girl just thought she was an elf, as her pointy ears do scream to be that for anyone who isn’t a fae-like being.

The conversation went on with the dog girl being grateful if Stella were to become her guide for their trip within the Grand Duchy’s capital: Aslan. It was going pretty well until the poor dog girl’s stomach was growling, which caused her to feel bad for them. “I would be more than happy to guide you around the city, because I am just walking around here to find some inspiration for what to sell for my future magic shop. Although, I don’t have any luck in doing something like that. I never made a business before, and it doesn’t help how neither of my parents are merchants.”
Stella ended up sighing while saying that, as it can’t be helped. Especially when she technically got something she wanted, because who wouldn’t want to learn how to use magic.

The conversation came to its conclusion when the dog girl told Stella that her name was Mimi, and they asked her for their name. “My name is Stella Solis, and it is nice to meet you. I hope we can become great friends, so I can get the excuse to give an adorable person like yourself more cuddles and petting.”
They weren’t hiding their affection towards the dog girl, as she noticed how they didn’t react to the flirting she did just a while ago.
‘I am so not letting a human touch Mimi again. She is my responsibility now, so if they were to hurt them. I will just tell the evil humans how they aren’t getting the wish privilege from a genie like me, because of their horrible behavior.’
Stella knows how powerful the genie’s wish-granting lie is, since it usually gets a naive human to believe in what they are saying unless they are smart. They would know about the genies’ fake wish-granting tradition, because they might have heard about the existence of the wealth skill.

Mimi.jpg
Mimi
Mimi listens to what the woman is saying. Her eyes go wide. "You think someone cast an amnesia spell on me? Why would someone do that?" Mimi's tail and ears droop. "I've never done anything to anyone. At least I don't think I have. I guess I wouldn't remember if I did or not." Mimi tries her hardest to remember anything about her past, but it just makes her head hurt.

The woman suggests going to the library to research her situation, but Mimi shakes her head. "I know I'm supposed to find a master. I can feel it here." Mimi places a hand over her heart. "Once I am an apprentice leather worker, then I can worry about my peculiar situation."

As the woman talks about the humans, Mimi leans in so as not to be overheard by the humans passing them by. "Yeah humans are mean. Maybe it was a human that cast the amnesia spell on me."

Mimi perks up again when the woman agrees to show her around. "Thank you so much." Her tail wags.

The woman introduces herself as Stella Solis. Mimi's tail wags more at the mention of being friends. "I would love to be friends. And I don't mind petting and cuddles at all." She leans in close again. "As long as it's not a mean human."

Mimi, now in much brighter spirits, prances in place. "Where should we go first?" She was excited to explore the city and learn about her new friends home. "Maybe I should find a place to stay, if I plan on being here a while."

Last edited:
Scotch Beerfist

Scotch's whimsical wanderings were governed not by common sense. Instead, he listened to instincts and feeling. He went where the brew lead him, and on today's journey, Scotch found himself along the streets of Aslan. Though the sun was bright and shinning, it gave off not scorching heat and blinding glares but comforting rays of warmth. It made the splitting headache Scotch was experiencing a bit more tolerable. With his waterskins filled and hanging along his waist, Scotch was ready to start his day. However, being one to not plan ahead, he was unsure of what there was to do in Aslan. Doing what he knew how to do, Scotch started rambling, bothering strangers out of nowhere.

"Hey there, fella. What's this place about?" Scotch approached a small yet muscular bearded fellow, tapping his shoulders from behind. He did not get an answer, just silenc with a stern furious stare.

"Girlie! The one with the blonde hair. Care to help a fella out?" Scotch screamed from a far. Many glanced at him with judgding eyes, but the woman he directed his question to completely ignored him. It might have been the residual inebriation from his night of drinking or just his lack of etiquette and manners.

"Wherever this place is, people sure are rude." Scotch thought to himself as he continued his search for answers.

Eventually, he came across Mimi and Stella. Appearance-wise, they looked unique enough to pique Scotch's interest. Impression-wise, they seemed like friendly individuals that might spare him a bit of their time and attention. It was worth giving them a shot. Learning a bit from his previous rejections, Scotch tried to tidy up his approach.

"Excuse me, ladies." His posture was immaculate and he donned his best smile. "I'm kinda lost and starving." His form crumbled as he slouched down, rubbing his belly as it grumbled. This was Scotch's best attempt to regulate his voice and simply spoke what was on his mind. "Could ya help an elf out? What is this place anyway?"

Mimi.jpg
Mimi
Mimi turns at the sound of yelling in the square. She watches as an elf that appears to be intoxicated accosts a stranger. He swaggers towards them for a moment before straightening himself out and approaching them presentably. As he gets closer, the smell of alcohol hits Mimi's nose. It's over powering. Mimi clasps her hands tightly over her face and hides behind Stella. "Be careful, Stella. It's a carouser!"

Stella Solis
Interaction: StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal Corazon Corazon

Stella was thinking about what Mimi might have done before she lost her memories, but she couldn’t think of what it could be. They weren’t a goddess to know something as complicated as that. Not to mention, it would be rude to see them, since those lost memories are very personal to Mimi. “I am not sure what happened to you, because I am not a goddess. We can only speculate on what might have happened, or just move on from it.”
She was thinking about it a bit more before opening her mouth to tell Mimi about it. They didn’t want them to think about how they might have been a horrible person, because the truth about their lost memories can be stranger than they know. “Just be happy with how innocent you are, because you get to have a fresh new start with your life.”
Stella gave her new friend a warm smile after saying that to calm them down from worrying about her lost memories. After all, Mimi doesn’t know if getting her lost memories back is a good thing or not.
“Before we go look for a leatherworker. I need to get you some food and a drink, because I don’t want you to faint from not having that. It would also be rude of me as your guide to not take care of your well-being.”

Mimi brought up how she thinks it might have been a human who did the amnesia spell on her. However, Stella wasn’t sure about it. “I wouldn’t be so sure about that, because like I said before. Neither of us know what happened, and it could have been a god, another beast, or a fae for all we know. For now, let’s just focus on the present.”

Shortly after saying that to Mimi, her new friend was happy with the guide and friendship thing, and then said how she didn’t care if a fae like her was cuddling or petting them. They just didn’t want a human to do that, since Mimi doesn’t get along with them.
Mimi also wanted to know where they would go first, because they brought up how they needed a place to stay. “Well, the place I am planning on bringing you is the inn. They always have food and drinks there, but you would need to pay for it. Lucky for you, I know where the adventure guild is at. You just need to follow me if you want to go there, because they have easy quests like hunting rabbits, deers, or collecting herbs.”
Stella has never been to the adventure guild, since her parents are taking care of her needs. But that doesn’t mean she was curious enough to go there, especially when they can do it with her new friend.
‘I wonder how Mimi would react towards seeing my magic. Would it amaze her? Because I do know how the humans would be interested in learning how to use magic.’
Stella was thinking about that, because of her curiosity towards Mimi’s reaction to see real magic. They wouldn’t know anything about the existence of magic, nor know how amazing it is, because of their lost memories.

Once they told Mimi about that, Stella was getting ready to guide her new friend around Aslan. This was put to a stop when a drunk elf appeared in front of them just to ask them a bunch of questions.
“To answer your first question, welcome to the capital city of the Grand Duchy. It’s called Aslan, and it is the most advanced place to be at when it comes to magic.”
Stella was pointing at the airships, and then the massive blue barrier above the city itself. There were also specific places for people to go to if they wanted to see some magical performers in action.
“As you can see, this city is a hotspot with anything related to magic. Even the humans love this place, because you don’t know if you are going to see something new here.”
She has a smug look on her face, since they were proud of their city for the advancement of their magical tech and other magical-related stuff.
“We even have an institute for those who wish to learn how to use their magic, or to get started with creating the magical items of their dreams.”

Stella sighed when the elf dude asked for Mimi’s help, as he didn’t know how she was just as lost as him. “I hate to break it to you, but Mimi can’t help you. She is just as lost as you are when it comes to exploring this city. I, on the other hand, have been living here for a very long time, so I don’t mind becoming a guide for lost visitors like yourself.”
The drunk elf ended up repeating himself with the “what is this place” question, but when he said how he was starving. The genie was smiling at the goofy elf, because he wasn’t aware of where they were heading to yet.
“You just found someone who was going to guide Mimi to the inn, and then show them the adventure guild in order to get some money. In fact, I explain to them about some of the easy quests like hunting rabbits, deers, or collecting herbs.”

Scotch Beerfist

Scotch smiled as he was pleasantly surprised at the reaction his presence had garnered. Good or bad, a reaction is better than no reaction at all. Though the sun had just reached its peak, Scotch's ego had been struck a few times more than he'd prefer.

Scotch leaned forward, lowering his head to almost match the level Mimi's was. "Would ya look at that. The lil miss knows her stuff." Before he continued to speak, Stella went before him, answering his previous inquiry on the locale he wandered into.

Standing back up, Scotch lurched backwards as his eyes clearly showed interest in the information the genie was sharing with him. Scotch was unaware that the magic Stella spoke off was actually the same thing as what he knew to be qi.

Following Stella's finger to the sky, Scotch whistled as he was struck with awe, witnessing the massive flying machinations that soared through the clouds above them.

"I ain't sure what you mean by magic, pretty lady. But them flying ships sure are impressive." His eyes continued to fixate on the sky, only returning back to the pair he had come across when Stella offered to be a guide. "Kind and good looking, huh? "The name's Scotch, by the way. Vagabond and carouser. And I appreciate the help." Scotch smiled as bowed, his right hand cupping his left that was clenched in a fist.

"Ya mentioned the lil miss was called Mini, but I don't think I got the kind lady's name."

Mimi.jpg
Mimi

As the elf bends down to speak to Mimi on her level, the smell of the alcohol is so overpowering it causes Mimi's head to spin. She moves herself further behind Stella. The sharp smell of the alcohol brings back memories of being chased out of a village, by a mob that had just left a tavern, during her travels. She grips Stella's pants tighter with her free hand while covering her nose with the other. Stella begins to speak to the Elf. Mimi listens to their conversation. Stella explains the state of the city to the elf, who introduces himself as Scotch. The elf refers to Mimi as "Mini". Mimi glowers at the elf and retorts haughtily. "My name is Mimi, inebriate."

Stella Solis

Stella didn’t appreciate it when the drunk elf bent down to get into Mimi’s face, since she knew how there was a possibility of her new friend’s nose being very sensitive towards the bunch of scents. Especially when they are a fluffy dog girl, who needs to be cuddled, I mean protected from harm.
As a result of the drunk elf’s action, Stella looked down to see her poor friend gripping on her pants like a scared puppy. It caused her to sigh while petting her fluffy friend’s head, since it wouldn’t be a good thing if Mimi’s hostility towards the elf were to cause a fight to happen in this city.
“I would prefer if you two don’t start a random fight within this city. Don’t want you guys to get yourself kicked out of the city because of property damage, or not getting the consent to harm each other over a criminal title.”
She had a sinister smile on their face now, as they weren’t joking around about the criminal title.
“Believe me, you don’t want to get those titles. I heard from my parents’ radio how the adventurers would hunt down any criminal, who has an extremely high title rank for the bounty reward.”

Clapping her hands as a way for Mimi and Scotch to snap out of what she just did with her face. Stella just moved on when the drunk elf was impressed by the airships. “Those airships are indeed impressive, and I heard some rumors on how they have some kind of magical core in order for them to achieve the ability to fly. However, I am not a hundred percent sure about that.”
She then her eyes went wide open when this silly elf didn’t know what Stella meant by magic. This caused her to get Mimi to remove their grip from her pants, so they can put their hands on the elf’s shoulders.
“WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT MAGIC IS?”
Realizing how she was shouting at them, they let go of the drunk elf’s shoulders, and went back to Mimi’s side to keep a safe distance from them.
“Sorry about that, but I am just shocked how an elf like yourself doesn’t know what magic is. Your kind are like the embodiment of anything related to magic, because you guys like to live in the forest. Even the humans know about that, and they love to get their grubby hands on any knowledge related to magic from your kind the most. As for me, I am also a fae, so I know this kind of stuff thanks to my parents. They even told me how we faes are either infused with magic, or related to a fae or spirits of nature.”
Stella became a magic nerd towards the drunk elf, since he opened the doors to that by accident. It was only when she realized her rambling did she shut up for a bit.
“Whoops. I apologize for my rambling, because this always happens when someone talks about magic in front of me. I am just going to show you what magic is, so it would be easier for you to understand what it is.”
Unclipping the lamp from her belt, Stella was holding it in front of her. That genie lamp of hers was also her catalyst, so it can allow her to channel her magic.
Taking a deep breath to focus on concentrating her magic. The incantation to collect the mana into a nice little ball had begun.
“I call upon thee to give me the essence of life.”
Mana was forming around the top of her lamp, so it would get ready to find its new temporary purpose by being a cute little mana ball.
“In which I change it to give it a new form. LEGO!”
Stella thought it would be funny to finish the spell’s incantation with the latin word for gather. Not to mention, she used to love messing around with the legos when she was a kid in her past life, which makes the silly finisher for the incantation even better.
A small ball of mana appeared on top of the lamp for Mimi and the elf to see it, but she didn’t move from her spot to show it to them. This was to prevent the little ball from flying into the sky.
“Ta-da. This is what magic looks like, since it is just mana or the essence of nature being given a new purpose.”
Stella’s face changed into a smirk, because she had something else up her sleeves.
“Although, this isn’t the only thing I can do with this ball of mana. I am going to impress you guys even more by giving it an element.”
And so the incantation happened again, but it was different this time.
“I call upon the essence of light to bless this little ball with your grace. Limino!”
The ball of mana on her lamp changed from blue to yellow, and it shined like a lightbulb would do.
“Beautiful, isn’t it? I bet you guys weren’t expecting to see that.”
Stella said that with a proud look on her face before she did the dispersal incantation to send the mana back to where it came from.
“I return to you from what has been taken from life. Dispersus!”
The ball of light poofed from the top of the lamp like nothing ever happened.

“And there was your free lesson into the amazing world of magic. It gets more complicated as you keep using it, but whatever you do. Don’t ever move a caster from their spot. You don’t want to know what would happen if you were to do that to them.”
After her wonderful display of magic was shown, the elf had the time to introduce his name to them. It turns out his name was Scotch, and he wanted to know what her name is. “My name is Stella Solis, and do stop me if I don’t shut up about magic. I like it way too much to the point of not wanting to shut up about it.”
They look down at the ground after saying that, as she was embarrassed about her bad habit.

Mimi.jpg
Mimi

Mimi calms down as Stella pets her head again, but she is caught off guard by her new friends sudden sinister smile as she talks about criminal titles. Mimi only half understands the point Stella is making, but Stella's face makes Mimi think she definitely doesn't want one of those.

Suddenly, Stella claps and a strange feeling overtakes Mimi. Her ears shift to point at Stella, and, through Mimi's eyes, it feels as though the colors of the already muted world dim a little further. Even the smell of alcohol seems to bother her less as she focuses all her attention on Stella's voice, her mind grasping for the command following the clap. When one never comes, she suddenly snaps back to reality as Stella shouts in excitement at the elf about magic.

She listens to Stella explain magic to Scotch. As Stella does her demonstration, Mimi is filled with amazement. "It's so pretty..." She stares at the ball of mana transfixed.

Scotch Beerfist

Though taken aback by Mimi's response to his attempt at playful teasing, it only lasted a moment. Scotch was more impressed by her feistiness.

"My bad, Mimi. My bad." He chuckled, scratching the backside of his head. "You know us old folks, we're kinda hard of hearing sometimes."

Before he could continue to mess with the dog girl even further, Stella slammed on the breaks early on with a warning.

"I've had my fair share of being chased out of places." Scotch remembered what happened three nights ago. Alcohol and inappropriate jokes about nobles were never a good mix.

"No need to worry. Good ol' Scotch will be on his best behavior." He saluted, straightening his posture before his attentions drifted, obvious by his gaze shifting back up to the sky. It looked like Scotch wasn't all that subtle as Stella quickly noticed. He wasn't all too interested with the specifics that went into the mechanism of flight for the airships. They were more of a spectacle to behold and less a concept Scotch was eager to grasp. It appeared he had no time to linger on his idle thoughts as Stella suddenly pulled his attention to her.

Scotch's eyes grew larger in surprise as his head titled a bit backwards. He was caught off guard by the manner and volume Stella spoke instead of the disbelief she had towards his ignorance on what magic was. It seemed she was just as surprised as she let go of Scotch's shoulders, returning to the demeanor she was previously showing.

Scotch had no words in response but he was definitely amused at the eagerness Stella showed. He couldn't help but chuckle. It just meant she was passionate about magic. There was no way he could judge that.

Scotch listened to Stella explain why she acted the way she did. It became a learning experience for him since he had little idea on what or who he was. He couldn't help but rub his chin, nodding as Stella spoke. It was shameful to be an elf with no knowledge on magic, but fortunately for Scotch he didn't care about such feelings; he simply absorbed whatever he could. He knew more than anyone that he needed as much information as he could. Whether he would utilize it properly was another question all together.

"No worries. I don't mind the rambling. Better you than m--" Scotch was cut short mid sentence as Stella began her humble display of what magic was. Scotch's eyes partially narrowed as if wincing as he felt somewhat of a familiar energy from what Stella referred to as mana. "Wait a second." He though to himself. Scotch would've interrupted Stella's demonstration but hesitated when she mentioned she had a surprise for them. And he was relieved that he didn't.

"Thanks for the show, Stella." Scotch smiled, obviously appreciative of what she showed him. "But the thing you call magic." He stretched out his arm, his palm facing upward. "Is what I call Qi, I think." From his palm, a small sphere of magical energy formed. It wasn't as large and stable as Stella's, but it was definitely the same thing, albeit being inferior in quality. "I ain't sure how you did the light trick though." And immediately, the the sphere of magic Scotch was maintaining dispersed as he chuckled at his limited magical capabilities.

"Maybe we can talk more about magic while we get to moving?" Scotch smiled, looking at Stella, then Mimi, then Stella again.

Stella Solis

Stella was glad to hear how Scotch was going to behave while being in Aslan. She didn’t want them to be kicked out over their inappropriate behavior towards each other. Not to mention, it would have been terrible for them to get a criminal title on their first day here.
They then noticed how Scotch was surprised by her action towards his ignorance of what magic was. But she didn’t let him know about seeing their eyes becoming wide open. ‘Did I really surprise him by doing that? I am just shocked at how an elf like him knows nothing about magic. I thought they were going to be a magic nerd like me, but I guess that isn’t the case.’ Her thoughts were confused about this, since she couldn’t help herself to see how bizarre it was to see an elf, who was ignorant about the knowledge of magic.
Stella saw Scotch chuckling afterwards, and it made her smile to see him noticing her passion for magic.
The conversation continued with Scotch not caring about her rambling, and then showing a demonstration about what magic is. Mimi brought up how pretty the ball of mana was while Scotch’s eyes partially narrowed from this.

After the show was over, Scotch was thanking her for doing that. However, what Stella didn’t expect was for Scotch to make an unstable version of her ball of mana. She also tilted her head in pure confusion when Scotch called it Qi, since she wasn’t expecting to hear a word from her past life.
“Magic can be called by a bunch of different names, because of how versatile it is. However, all of them are connected by mana in some shape and form. Showing you what a ball of mana should look like is just the start of understanding it.” Stella continued to talk to Scotch, because she wasn’t done yet. “As for how I was able to do that light trick. I have an affinity with light magic, and the unique thing about magic affinities is how there are a bunch of different types.”
She got ready to explain the basic elements to Scotch, since her parents did a wonderful job with teaching her about that.
“Ok, so I will start the affinity explanation by bringing up the four basic types. There is fire, water, wind, and earth magic. It is very common to see a caster having an affinity to one of them, because of how simple it is to use them. Then there is light and dark magic. I showed you what light magic looks like, but dark magic is the opposite of that. It looks like a black mana ball when someone uses it, and no. Dark magic isn’t only for the evil casters. They just have a tendency to do that, so they would try to look very edgy during a battle.”
Stella was laughing at what she said, since it reminded her of their younger self, who asked her parents if the evil casters only used dark magic. They shut her down by saying no, and asked her where she got that silly idea. She told them how dark magic would fit them, and it caused her parents to facepalm before explaining how that wasn’t the case.
“Last but not least are the ice, lightning, and metal magic. All the magic affinities I explained here are commonly used by the casters, but there are other affinities I haven’t mentioned. They aren’t as common as the ones I said, but those affinities can be just as devastating if you know how to use them properly.”
When her explanation was over, Scotch brought up how they could talk more about magic when they were moving. “We should do that, because we won’t get to the inn if you guys keep listening to me talking about the amazing world of magic.”
Not wanting to stand there, Stella guides them towards the inn.

Mimi.jpg
Mimi
As Stella leads them through the city, Mimi's eyes go wide with wonder at everything she sees. Flying contraptions of various sizes travel the skyway above, carrying people from building to building, some big enough for only a pilot while others carry a handful of passengers. The buildings themselves ascend skyward, occasionally blocking out the sun as they travel down the beautifully maintained streets. Everything in the city is the peak of technological advancement, giving rise to many things Mimi thought impossibilities based on what little she had seen in the villages she passed through to get here. As they walked by a restaurant, the smell of cooking meat drove Mimi's sense of smell into a frenzy, causing her mouth to water. The people were dressed in the finest clothing Mimi had seen thus far and eating foods that should have been out of season or region. Somehow they had methods to preserve foods for long periods of time. Mimi was astounded by everything she was seeing for the first time.

Stella Solis
Mention: Corazon Corazon

The trip towards the inn was boring, because Scotch left her hanging at what she just said to him. It had annoyed Stella, for they wanted a genuine conversation with someone about the wonders of magic. ‘I can’t believe they left me hanging like that, since I went through that explanation for nothing.’
Her annoyance from that thought was clearly seen on her face upon their arrival towards the inn.

Once they made it in front of the inn, Stella opened the door for her fluffy friend: Mimi, so she would get a proper look of what was inside of the inn. The inn was filled with a bunch of different people from humans, beastmans, and faes. Everybody was having a wonderful time here, and Mimi could see flying plates of food and drinks coming out from the kitchen like madness.
The innkeeper noticed the newcomer with Stella, so she walked towards them with a cheerful look on their face. “Hello dear customers. Welcome to the TwinkleHood Inn and Tavern. My name is Sabrina, and I am the innkeeper if you wish to stay here for the night.”
Stella pointed at Mimi, because she is the one who is going to be staying at the inn. “Wonderful. My friend wants to stay here for the night, and I want to get them something to eat and drink as well.”
She said that while looking at Mimi, as she doesn’t know what they like.
“Oh. That wouldn’t be a problem, because we always give a menu to our guests if they have the desire to have lunch or dinner at our establishment.”
The innkeeper gave Mimi the menu, since Stella said she would be the guest to stay at the inn.
“Enjoy your time at our inn, and let me know if you want to receive your room key now or later. Otherwise, there won’t be any guarantee of you staying here if all of our guests are renting a room.”

If Mimi looked at the menu, she would see a streak, mashed potatoes, and rice meal, a chicken soup with bread meal, a bowl of different ice cream flavors, and etc. There was even a list of seafood, and colorful drinks on it. It even includes alcohol drinks, but it says they need to give the bartender their citizen or adventurer license in order for an adult to receive it.

Last edited:
Mimi.jpg
Mimi
"I guess I'll take my room key now." Mimi took the menu and key in her hands and looked around for an empty booth. Finding one in the corner she heads over and sits down, scooting in to the wall, unsure if Stella wanted to sit next to or across from her. She glanced over the menu at all the fancy meals unfamiliar to her, made with more food and ingredients she could ever imagine existed. "Hello, thank you for eating with us at the Twinkle Hood Inn and Tavern, what can I get for you today?" Mimi turns to see a tall woman with goat a goats head addressing her.
46d7ec5d3598aeea6b75be1ac233f5d0.jpg
"Uhhh... I don't really understand all of this, she says holding up the menu. Can I just get some meat?" The woman smiles at Mimi. "Of course hun, we can figure something out. What kind of meat do you want?" Mimi thinks about the question. "Maybe a cow or deer?" The woman waits but when Mimi doesn't respond further she asks another question. "How do you want it cooked?" Mimi is confused by the implication that there's more than one way to cook something. "I mean, I don't really care if it's cooked or not..." The goat women sighs and smiles again. "Meat. Alright hun, we'll get you taken care of. Just sit tight." Mimi smiles. "She was nice." She looks around the room at all the other customers. Most of them are bust engaged in talking or eating, lost in their own small worlds, oblivious to the prying eyes of the young wolf girl trying to take in all she could. finally her eyes come to rest on a strange looking boy who seems to be watching her in return.
6c77d044400aaae00ff90dfc2b5138c2.jpg
They locked eyes for a minute, before he looked away and went back to his drink. Mimi finally looked back at Stella. "It's so busy and noisy in here. Most of the taverns I've visited were smaller and only had one or two kinds of food. Do you come to places like this often? Are there many of them?"

Stella Solis

After Mimi took the key and menu from the innkeeper; Stella followed behind her, so she could sit next to them at their table. The goat lady, who goes by the name: Talia then greeted her fluffy friend, and asked them what she wanted on the menu. This is when Stella found out about Mimi not knowing what cooked meat is. ‘This poor girl never had cooked meat? If so, Mimi is missing out on how juicy the meat can become, and I hope the waiter gives her that.’
Stella couldn’t help herself when she had that thought, since she wanted to see her new friend’s reaction towards trying something new.

Once the goat lady left to go give the chefs Mimi’s order, Stella said something to them. “I would’ve picked the cooked meat, since it is very juicy and flavorful. But then again, it is kind of my fault for not mentioning the different ways a meat can be cooked by a chef here.”
She was embarrassed to not tell Mimi about something so simple because of how excited she was about magic. “But other than that. All the waiters are like that, as they don’t want to scare their customers away.”
Stella noticed how Mimi was looking at a boy with a rabbit mask for a bit before continuing their conversation. It turns out Mimi has been to a tavern before, but it wasn’t this big or had a bunch of different food on their menu. “Oh. The reason why the menu has a variety of different foods and drinks is because of how close the Continental Lake is to the Grand Duchy. Aslan only has to go down the river to transport the supplies they need from the traders’ market.”
That is when Mimi threw a curveball question towards her by asking her if she comes to this place often, and how many taverns there are. “Well, I have eaten at a fancy restaurant with my family on a few occasions. But besides that, I rarely eat something like this. My parents like to make their own food for lunch and dinner, since it is cheaper to do that than to eat in a tavern or a restaurant. As for how many taverns there are within Aslan. I don’t know, as I normally don’t count how many taverns there are. Not to mention, someone would just cause a new tavern to appear, so it is pointless to know about that kind of information unless you are a noble.”
Stella knew how it was pointless to count how many taverns there were within Aslan, since it was more important to know where they were than to do the counting thing.

Mimi.jpg
Mimi
Mimi listens as her friend explains how larger taverns work. Mimi was shocked to hear there is more than one way to cook meat. she always just held it over a fire till it was slightly darker. And that was only when she wanted it cooked. Sometimes she just tore into it raw. She listened to Stella explain the way the world worked with goods being shipped on rivers. Mimi kind of understood. Finally the waitress returned and placed Mimi's food in front of her. It was the largest nicest cut of meat Mimi had ever seen, but that wasn't saying too much. She pulled out her wallet and began to hand the waitress coins one at a time until she finally walked away. Stomach growling, she tore into the meat, grabbing in her teeth and hands and jerking wildly to tear it apart. It was delicious. It was so big she couldn't finish the whole thing. She hated wasting the food but she thought if she ate anymore she would burst. She fell sideways leaning against Stella her tail wagging. "Thank you for bringing me here. I want to eat here all the time. But they took a lot of my coins. Didn't you say the adventurers guild was in this city? Maybe they could give me a way to get more money? Should we go there next?" Mimi's tail wagged harder as she thought about having a job and eating here more often, thumping against the back of the booth she was sitting in. She just wanted to be a part of something. And maybe that would lead to her becoming a leatherworker. She looked over at the strange boy she saw earlier, but he was gone.

Last edited:
Mimi.jpg
Mimi
The next morning Mimi bade farewell to her new friend and began her journey once again. She would miss Stella and hoped they would cross paths again in the future. She had had a good time exploring the city of Aslan and all it's wonders, but ultimately, the city did not hold what she was looking for. With her bag of gear on her back, and the sun low in the sky, she set off into the wilderness. She had been told of several countries of beastmen to the north, and thought that might be a good place to check out eventually. She hadn't encountered many beastfolk in her travels. She wanted to meet some. Perhaps she could find a place among others like her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back