• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Ascended Phoenixes (Mercenaries of Deretor Reboot)

Daimao said:
@The Mythical Myth of Mythy Myths
What's the ETA of the new thread?
No ETA, as yet. I wanna wait a bit.

[QUOTE="Saint Nhoj]my phone likes to autocorrect without my permission and I didn't catch the error xp just ignore the adapted completely

[/QUOTE]
Heh. I hate it when that happens.

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]I don't feel like making up a backstory right now.

[/QUOTE]
So far, looks okay.

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]JESUS THAT WAS ALOT OF TEXT GUESS I'M NOT USING GLYPHS THEN

[/QUOTE]
Woah, wait, what!?

Celica Glas

• e586152944.png

Name

Celica Glas

Female

Race

Human

Equipment

Rapier

Class

Mage

Magic

Willcaster, Tier 3

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="The Mythic Dragon]Woah, wait, what!?

[/QUOTE]
I tried uploading a picture i made from another site to show what Celica's magical symbols looked like. It didn't work, so I tried copypasting the image's site's location and put it in a spoiler. When i opened the spoiler, the amount of coding filled the whole page and then some.

No magical symbols for me.

Name: Aedan Galtero

r169_457x256_11052_Winter_is_coming_2d_illustration_winter_hunter_archer_warrior_fantasy_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Picture credited to whoever it belongs to, of course.

Race: Human

Class: Tank / Two-handed Swordsman

Equipment:

d12tf.jpg

Generic great sword with a worn leather grip. The pommel is also unassuming and unadorned with any form of decoration. Of particular note is a large chip in the cross guard, which existed prior to him ever receiving the blade. The actual strong part of the blade has small nicks from past usage. Aedan does not yet possess a special/enchanted weapon.

Looks: Intentionally bulky. He stands at roughly 6'7 and towers above most. He has a scraggly beard that appears to have been cut short by a crude hunting knife. His arms are more like tree trunks than actual arms, and have proven beneficial in many an arm wrestling contest. His eyes are a startling winter grey and are often noted to be full of emotion despite his often stoic demeanor. His arms bear the scars of one-handed sword wielders, but is otherwise clear in complexion. Blonde hair is often bound in braids or intentionally cropped close to avoid dealing with fleas, dirt, matting, and other unpleasantness on long trips. In addition to this, he bears a celtic-style brand near his right eye.

Deity: (If any) It remains unclear if he holds any deity in close esteem. However, it has been noted among comrades and friends that he obstinately refuses not to partake in the religious observings of the local area he is in. Perhaps this is a personal choice; or perhaps, and far more likely, he is covering all of his bases in order to potentially delay his inevitable doom.

Personality: Stoic. He is more of a physical being and struggles with words. He has a tactical mind and outlook on things, but lacks the education to make the most of this talent. He enjoys hunting and fishing; hobbies he partakes in frequently when not training with his sword. On the battlefield, he is single-minded and unable to be swayed from his task - often to the dismay of his superiors when they call a retreat. He values good work ethic, integrity, and prowess in combat on the surface, but always things are not as they seem when he is involved.

Special Note: Demonstrated proficiency with staves in addition to two-handed swords.

History: Born an urchin on the streets of Virnon, life for Aedan started out hard and got eventually got worse. Like most boys in the orphanage, he tried to make his way by stealing or outright taking, but as he was bigger and stronger than most, he attracted more attention than the others which wound up with him being caught. He was sold into slavery at the age of 8 and worked for 4 years in the great armories of Virnon. Just before his 13th birthday, his master perished and his slaves were once more put on the auction. He was sold along with 15 other boys to a wealthy landowner in the north part of the kingdom who was interested in putting a gladiator team together to participate in the yearly tournaments. It was there he was trained in the art of sword craft and acquired his first two-handed sword. For three years, he participated as part of the contests before being reassigned to the main household as a guard. He received the brand of the Baron upon his face which marked his first true servitude to the primary house. His main duties consisted of sparring with the heir of the household as well as playing the role of bodyguard to his person. The two eventually became friends and between them existed an unspoken agreement: Aedan would keep the secrets of the heir and one day he would receive his freedom at last. The years that followed were some of the happiest in Aedan's life, but it turned out to be only the calm before the storm. When the old Baron retired and his son assumed the title of his father, Aedan remained confident that the day of his freedom was close at hand. He waited ... and waited ... and waited. But the order for his release never came. In fact, he was sent away from the household and back into the fighter pits for another two years. Outraged by his betrayal, he plotted for the opportunity to escape, but before any real plans were put together, he was summoned to the household once more. He planned to make a demand of his former friend, but found that it was not the lord who had summoned him; it was his fiancee instead. After watching his prowess for sometime, she had become slightly infatuated by him in a purely physical manner. She had persuaded the lord to have him brought back all so that she could visit upon him without her betrothed knowing what was going on. The lord eventually did find out and hatched a plan in vengeance against the new thorn in his side. After sending Aedan out with a few men in order to assist in tracking a few bandits that had been harassing his farmlands, he was ambushed by the bandits themselves who had been tipped off as to their location. It was fierce battle and by the end of it he was barely alive. Bleeding out and exhausted, he lay wounded for at least a day before he was discovered by some lone peasant folk. He stayed with them for at least 3 months until his wounds mended before riding off once more. With the lands full of scouts searching for his body, he made his way south where he pretended to join up with a gang of bandits. After stealing one of their horses and making off with half of their treasure, he bounced around from town to town though he was careful to keep his identity concealed. His propensity for battle kept him on the move until he finally ended up in Halmast where a grand tournament was announced. It turned out to be little more than a sham ... but it was there that Aedan fell in with a ragtag group that would call themselves the Phoenixes - a nod to the fact that they were all technically "reborn" into a new identity on that day. There were many adventures and battles to be had, but the thing that stood out to Aedan the most was a feeling of belonging and kinship to the guild. For the first time in his life, he truly felt as though he were at home.

Pet: Owner of the friesian destrier Ajax and the young courser mare Arabelle.

Earned Trait: Tactically minded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny story just now ... I was looking up mercenary armor in google in the hopes of finding some cool upgrades for Aedan later on ... but Mythic and Calibutcher's avatars popped up instead on google with a link to this thread.

Whisker said:
Funny story just now ... I was looking up mercenary armor in google in the hopes of finding some cool upgrades for Aedan later on ... but Mythic and Calibutcher's avatars popped up instead on google with a link to this thread.
Well then.

This just in. My friend found the turret of a world war 2 tank in his grandfather's basement.

[QUOTE="Kirito Kei]Well, that... caught me off guard.

[/QUOTE]
Caught me off guard too.

Dammit!

After making it through a fair bit of my CS, I realized that it turns out most of the specific things for my character (personality, history, looks, skills) weren't actually included in my original CS, rather; they were sporadically used and mentioned throughout the actual rp. In order for me to feel that I've created a solid enough CS for this new rp, it will require me to reread the entire thread and pick out the things I need.

I guess I'm making up for my laziness now...

Ew it's 4am here and I am awake WOT

Anyway, since I'm awake I may aswell vamp up my original cs and then post it here. So that's what I'll be doing~ ^-^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back