• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Ascended Phoenixes (Mercenaries of Deretor Reboot)

[QUOTE="The Mythic Dragon]For you, all it would really have to be is an upgraded version of William... unless you want a new character.

[/QUOTE]
Well that works perfectly.

Question. Do you all think I should just use the old thread? So I don't have to re-do all the upgrades and NPCs and such?

You could just copy paste. It'd be kind of awkward to do a reboot in the old thread. You could just do a Part 2 thread.

AyyyLmao said:
ah, is it too late to join? if so, I would be very interested.
Ah, nope nope. New players are also welcome! I am waiting to see a few of the Character sheets before I make the thread.

Whisker said:
You could just copy paste. It'd be kind of awkward to do a reboot in the old thread. You could just do a Part 2 thread.
Get the new tabs and just Copy-Paste? Yeah, I can see your point.

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]I'd like to call a spot!

[/QUOTE]
Sure! Just pop up your character sheet here, if you would!

Okay!

Does it have to be fancy, like bbcodes and such? And do you mind pixel art?

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Salt Lord]Okay!
Does it have to be fancy, like bbcodes and such? And do you mind pixel art?

[/QUOTE]
If you wish to use bbcode, you may. If you don't, just follow the Skeleton provided as-is. And as for pixel art, I am not sure. I may have to see. But go for it!

One more question. Can my character rule over one of the kingdoms?

I may already know the answer, but it never hurts to ask.

Thank you! here's my CS:

Name: Nicholas Shaffer (preferred to be called Nick)

Race: Human

Class: Thief (or rogue)

Wilder ability: Is able to manipulate sand, which he often uses to blind and disorient enemies.

Equipment: Nick's main weapon is two revolvers (think civil-war era revolvers, the primitive kinds), which he duel wields (their reliability is questionable since they jam and backfire often). He also makes use of a primitive rifle (again, think civil-war era rifles, this rifle is breechloading), which he uses for long-range kills. His melee weapon is a Daisho which he carries on his back and uses in close-range and when out of ammo. Has a belt with pouches of ammo, as well as 2-3 glass canisters filled with sand to make use of his wilder ability. ( canisters are enchanted to hold more sand than what they appear).

Looks: Is 6'1 and a body weight of 158 lbs. Has a tan, muscular build but is lean and not overly buff. Has moderately short length black hair which he often keeps unkempt. His clothing varies, but he typically wears a bandanna and goggles when doing his "work"

Deity: (If any): none, Nick is not a spiritual person.

Personality: Nick has a large ego and is relatively overconfident in his abilities and combat prowess. Oftentimes, he will purposely add some complications when doing a job in order to challenge himself. Nick prefers to be a lone wolf, since he often believes that his partners are inferior to him. However, Nick is a shrewd businessman, and is very charismatic when he is manipulating others to do what he wants. However, his brazen personality has landed him in trouble with many influential figures, both legal and criminal.

History: Nick was the son of a professional con man, born as a result of his father hooking up with a prostitute at a bar after one of his big schemes. They were constantly on the move, as a result of his father's antics. However, despite his father's occupation, Nick and his father were close, with Nick's father teaching him the know-how to follow in his footsteps. They spent the most time in the kingdom of Kimel. However, after a scheme gone wrong, Nick's father was lynched by an angry crowd, and Nick ran for his life when they turned on him. Afterward, Nick lived a hard life, spending his time between multiple hideouts he had set up, and making money from stealing and odd jobs. However, one time, Nick was able to rob a federal wagon when the owners were off drinking, which contained some of Kimel's new experimental weapons. After training himself in these weapons, Nick decided to try his hand in the criminal underworld. After a few years like this, Nick eventually became an experienced criminal, who specialized in assassinations and heists, eventually earning all of his current equipment and skills. During his tenure tenure as a freelancing mercenary, he had heard of a group known as the Phoenixes, and how their exploits have earned them a large amount of fame and recognition. Ignoring the fact that the Phoenixes were a benevolent group, Nick, in his thirst for adventure and recognition, decided that he would go and try joining the group.

Traits: Expert Marksman

Understood.

It's a little chaotic right now, though, so please don't expect me to have my character sheet up right away. I need more time to reread the plot and everything while I'll need even more time to make a character for it.

Here's what I was thinking.

Nick would join a mercenary group in order to further his reputation in the criminal world. He thinks that if he becomes sort of the de-facto leader of a group, than he will gain more influence. (That's his motive, I'm not trying to establish him as the leader, but just what he wants to be).

As for the guns... I tried to offset this by the fact that he will create unnecessary risks for himself whenever he takes a job in order to challenge himself (which can have negative consequences), as well as the fact that he is already in trouble with numerous powerful authorities.

However, if this is large enough problem, I'll change it.

@AyyyLmao

The problem with your first point is that the Ascended Phoenixes have a reputation of what might be called "good". They aren't really guys who do anything for money.

Also, for the guns, would you be okay if they sometimes backfired? Or Jam? At least at the beginning, they'd get better the longer it goes.

Wait. I have even more questions.

Is there a restriction on how well a character can preform their magic? Can a character start out at being a Grand Master at what they do? Willcasting is anything involving creating and altering matter. Matter is related to space. Time is also related to space. So is Willcasting the alteration of space and time? Or is time counted as elemental?

I see your point with the Ascended Phoenixes group, and I was thinking that Nick could initially be just posing to be a good guy with the group in order to get more respect, but eventually as the story goes on, his personality and morals change to the more benevolent side as he spends more time with the rest.

As for the guns, that'll be fine. In fact, those moments could open up opportunities for extra humor/interest in the story.

@The Mythic Dragon

I will start conversion of Markov,as he will be the same,as for the reson he has been gone i have a good one and a plan so don't worry!

@The Mythical Myth of Mythy Myths

What's the ETA of the new thread?

@AyyyLmao[/URL]

Sorry for the interrogation. But I was just concerned I may have portrayed something falsely.

Sure, toss it on up here! But what do you mean by Adapted?
my phone likes to autocorrect without my permission and I didn't catch the error xp just ignore the adapted completely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back