• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy as we wander

Eva choked back a frantic chuckle upon hearing Argo in awe of his own rather intimidating size. "I'll explain everything once we're safe inside, miluv." She smiled and despite the confusion it would cause him, she could not help herself, and set his hand against her cheek, reassuring herself that Argo by some miracle of the gods, was alive. "can you stand? I dressed and healed the wounds on your legs best I could, but some heal slower than others." (same. Is been too damn long)

(I didn't reply because it'd just turn into a 1x1 with me and Boss Lady. x3 Where's our beautiful members? D:)

(I'll post tomorrow.)

(Oh and going to miss you Paradise) 

MrMopp said:
Gray was not done with her. He ran up beside her. "So what is your end that you are working towards?Money? Or do you trust your associate enough to do as she asks (which as a cleric, I can respect.)"
The masked girl frowned, slightly annoyed by the fact that the fox had decided to follow her. "Not that it's any of your business," she said shortly "But my relationship with my 'associate' is complicated."

She ran for several minutes, refusing to answer any more questions, before coming to a stop just across the street from the tavern.

"Lineal!? What the hell is he doing here?!"

----------------------------------------

The young prince felt a pair of eyes burning a hole in the back of his head. Glancing over his shoulder he spotted a small, cloaked figure watching him, a scowl on her face. Oh, great. Another person after my head.

He turned back to the love-birds. "Getting inside would be a wonderful idea."

The urgency in the whelps eyes said all that needed to be, and Eva gave a nod to him. "lead the way, boy." She turned to Argo as she climbed to her feet, and held out a hand. "come on up, luv. I'll sit you down somewhere comfortable, heal that arm and explain everything over a few drinks." She smiled. "I think we all need one."

[QUOTE="Ian Temero]

The masked girl frowned, slightly annoyed by the fact that the fox had decided to follow her. "Not that it's any of your business," she said shortly "But my relationship with my 'associate' is complicated."

She ran for several minutes, refusing to answer any more questions,

[/QUOTE]
Gray could see that small talk wasn't wasn't going to work so he decided to get down to the brass tacks. "Well, It's good to meet another magician of such caliber," said Gray as he ran, "But this town happens to be my claimed territory." This was a lie. Only female foxes claimed territory. But that wasn't common knowlage and he hoped

that putting on a guise of dominance would give him an edge. He'd slap himself on the paw for his deceit later. "Not that I mind passerbyers, but the doomsday army wrecking havock and the sphere of imminent destruction is a problem for me. If you would respectfully-"

She stopped. They had reached the tavern.

"Lineal!? What the hell is he doing here?!"

Gray looked at Lineal. Oh brilliant. "Oh, um, yes. that is also mine. No touchie. You know him I take it?" (He's quietly casting Stone Skin and Hast on himself)

Last edited by a moderator:
It was so peaceful.

Quiet, solitary, dark, not a single thing disturbing her. She could have fallen asleep if she wanted to.

After all, isn't the best life a peaceful one? Nobody gets hurt, everybody's happy. Children play quietly outside, couples live happily, peacefully.

Peacefully.

But a nagging feeling grew in the corner of her mind. She remembered skinning her knees, falling off a play set and not catching herself in time. She remembered spraining her wing, tackling her sister-

Sister. Oh yes, sister.

Because where she was, it WAS quiet, solitary, and dark.

But it was not peaceful.

Because it was all in her mind, wasn't it? And what was she?

Certainly not peaceful.

Ah, and she remembered. Remembered people describing her, using words like "reckless", "daring", "dangerous".

Because there is not a best life. Some people enjoy peace, some don't.

And people got hurt, and people were not always happy. She played loudly, screaming and laughing, and couples got into arguments and broke up.

Because life was not perfect.

No, far from it.

From inside the dark room, the nagging feeling turned into panic. She took a closer look, and the dark room transformed into fire, fire and screaming. Fire and screaming and....

What was that? It filled up the air, tasting sweet and sour and bitter and salty all at the same time.

She took a deep breath-

And coughed. It sank into her lungs, choking her and making her eyes run.

And then she knew. It was smoke. Smoke, filling up this tiny room. And,

She

Couldn't

Breath.

She opened her eyes, and immediately jumped to her feet. Indeed, there was smoke. Lots of it. And fire.

Coughing and blinking like mad, she stumbled around, desperately trying to find a door, hole, anything. But as far as she could tell, there was no exit, only a large well in the corner.

The idea of water made her pause. Oh duh!

Turning around, she closed her eyes and imagined ice smothering the flames.

A moment later, the temperature in the room dropped dramatically, and she opened her eyes. There was still smoke in the room, she noticed vaguely, even as her vision began to swim. Looking around quickly, she saw what she had been looking for in the first place. A door.

She ran to it and kicked it open, falling through it into the road.

She took deep shuddering breaths, cleaning out her lungs of the nasty smoke. She lay on the road for a few more seconds, and blinked it out of her eyes as well. Then she slowly made her way to her feet and leaned against the ice incased wall and looked at herself in the warped reflection.

Dark, sooty and burnt. Joy. Her whole left side was unnaturally pink, and she was sure she was going to form blisters.

Sighing, she formed ice on her right palm and rested it against her let arm, where it hurt the most.

Then, she set off, limping down the road and extinguishing any fire that she found.

Oh yes.

Rakela Hilac was back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back