As We Knew It

having gone through the other character sheets now, all I can say is: I never asked for these feels.

Right?? There is a LOT of emotion packed into this RP. But, it makes sense considering the recent tragedy.

I say, quite the acquired taste, ol' chap.

591e8ad61aa25fe2a422d0141a724921.gif

Hi, this looks very interesting! Are you still accepting for Darkness of Aedra, and if so, can I ask you a couple questions to make sure that the character I have in mind is suitable to the RP?

I have one spot open in Darkness of Aedra, and I welcome any questions! (OuO)

EDIT: Mind, I also have one other person interested in DoA, so...

Actually Dusk, is Grey still on board for this? I haven't seen him updated anything in the spreadsheet or post in the threads lately.

@The One Called X

@Coin

You have both expressed interest in the Darkness of Aedra plot, and there's one spot left. Because I had some issues with this previously, I want to make it very clear now - even though I welcome either of you, and will be happy to plan characters with you both, ultimately the first acceptable CS gets accepted. If one of you posts a mere thirty minutes after the other and both characters are ship shape, the earlier will get it. If one of you posts thirty minutes after the other and there are a few issues remaining with the first one, the latter will get it. In order of precedence acceptance goes by first come first serve and then by quality. I'm not doing this to waste your time or to ruin all your plans - I'm doing this because I prefer objectivity over subjectivity and there needs to be a limit drawn somewhere.

Okay, thanks. And no worries, I know getting in isn't automatic. :) I was going to try and fill the farmer position with either

A) A little girl (12-14) whose family (save for an older brother in the army, perhaps?) all died in the massacre. They were major food producers for the town, and in addition to her family, most of their livestock and crops have been lost, so she must now try and rebuild while doing her best to maintain her family's former position. She would/might have been apprenticed to the town midwife/healer/what-have-you, and thus have some rudimentary understanding of healing and herbs- and this teacher was also killed, forcing her young student to shoulder these responsibilities (maybe to help the actual doctor?). I just really, really like the idea of writing this kid, trying to get by and be heard by herself in this upheaval.

B) Same thing, but with an older (18-20) girl, who might be a Rendelese refugee instead of a farmer. I guess I just feel like I'd do well with a character who's isolated, one way or another.

Hi there, thanks for your message, Dusky. Although I have an idea and character concept for Darkness of Aedra, it seems like @The One Called X has a much better plan fleshed out than I do. Therefore, I'll hand over the position to her and bow out as not to create any competition for the spot. Additionally, the the last two days or so have been sort of hectic for me so I didn't get the CS done when I had planned. Thanks for being patient, though! Happy role playing!

I like either of those ideas for different reasons. The younger girl would have a very hard time with things, not just with the grief but also rebuilding the farm by herself. A farm is a loooooot of work for one person, especially a young girl. But at least with her I guarantee she'd have the support of the smallfolk living in town since she's a local and her family would have been well known.

The other one is great for her isolated situation. She would've had to have made a few friends in town to not be lynched on sight after this massacre. She'd also have to make herself useful ASAP otherwise there'd be no place for her at all.

@Dusky?

Sorry to see you go, Coin! There may well be more spots open later in the RP. ovo-b

X - Either would work. @Agent Nine has a town doctor - what do we think about this?

Kami - Assuming they know she's Rendelese. The countries border each other - ethnic differences aren't that pronounced.

And the Findalians have a history with things hiding right under their noses.

Also, Kami is right - Rustcrust Army also has a spot (<3)

@Dusky If either one is acceptable, I'll go with the younger girl. She has a face and a voice (even if I haven't settled on a name). I just wanted to have a backup character- I know some folks can have a pretty specific vision, so I try to stay flexible. I'll start working on the CS ASAP.

Awesome! Yes, either is acceptable. :) DoA is something of a study in character development, so I am so far from discouraging anyone from a strong idea they have. I'd much rather work with you than have you work with me.

Sounds great to me, Dusk! @The One Called X , Anthony would be super-appreciative of any help he could get with his duties, though he probably wouldn't show it, haha. The kid who I had in his CS was just a stand-in helper, so having an actual assistant running around would be even better!

Awesome! And she can be an apprentice to the apothecary for extra funsies.

Also, if anyone in the Rustcrust Army is interested in being her wayward sibling, please let me know (assuming that's okay with Dusky).

I was actually going to have her miscarry, but decided that that would be a little too evil on my part. I feel bad now. Poor kid... T_T

Hello, my name is X, and I have an angst problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back