• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern As The World Caves In (OOC)

Characters
Here
What kind of character is everyone looking into? As I told Maal,
I’m also very interested in the character development as a whole.

I have some scenes in my mind that are sort of inspiring characters.

One of my favorite, and most heartbreaking scenes/character arcs is a someone who sees themself as either a martyr who needs to sacrifice themself for the cause to fix things, and at the end realizing they had no say in anything anyways. or someone who is completely and utterly distraught, inconsolable, who is pushed by another character to, for lack of better terms, let it go. It’s not until the bomb is coming down that they actually find peace with everything.

i'll probably go with the trope I mentioned-

like a person who has worked super hard to finally reach a point where they are happy in life, then suddenly they have to deal with the devastation of losing it all

i'll probably go with the trope I mentioned-

like a person who has worked super hard to finally reach a point where they are happy in life, then suddenly they have to deal with the devastation of losing it all
I love it, I’m excited to see where it might go and how they might accidentally self sabotage before they’ve even lost anything. Maybe other characters of ours are close to yours and have to kinda make them aware that they’re making things worse?

I love it, I’m excited to see where it might go and how they might accidentally self sabotage before they’ve even lost anything. Maybe other characters of ours are close to yours and have to kinda make them aware that they’re making things worse?
Mhm, that is such an interesting idea!! I'm happy to work in other characters' background in with my own too :closed eyes open smile:

Also, are we using faceclaims or descriptions? And if we are using faceclaims, what kind?

I'm thinking of makin someone who's got nothing left to live for, so he couldn't be more indifferent about the world ending. But in the midst of all the chaos that comes with impending and inevitable doom, he finds a reason to want to live. So he'll be falling in love with living and mourning what he wished he could have had sooner :]. Maybe try and seek ways to stop it, but generally accepting that there's nothing to be done.

I'm thinking of makin someone who's got nothing left to live for, so he couldn't be more indifferent about the world ending. But in the midst of all the chaos that comes with impending and inevitable doom, he finds a reason to want to live. So he'll be falling in love with living and mourning what he wished he could have had sooner :]. Maybe try and seek ways to stop it, but generally accepting that there's nothing to be done.
Maybe your character and mine are together, so your character is trying to push mine to care less and my character is trying to push yours to care more?

Maybe your character and mine are together, so your character is trying to push mine to care less and my character is trying to push yours to care more?
Well, if you think your character can get on well with an aloof and gloomy paid assassin :'] but I'm down for them knowing each other one way or another and having that same care less/care more dynamic.

I'm so super down for modern fantasy, haven't done that in a while.

Well, if you think your character can get on well with an aloof and gloomy paid assassin :'] but I'm down for them knowing each other one way or another and having that same care less/care more dynamic.
Hmm I’ll have to think more on it, but during the rp they’re definitely going to get to know each other

Howdy!! Take a minute to get caught up with where we are and let us know any sort of character ideas you have a plot points or anything you’d like to get to!

Im kinda of torn between the idea you pitched of a character who acts like a martyr only for it to be ineffective in the end or someone who blatantly accepts the fact that its the end and just wants to have their last moments to be themselves and just let it happen

I think I want to play a very young character who’s in denial about it being the end. He wants to live out his life just like his parents did, and “it’s just not fair”. He’s driving himself mad with the optimistic lies that pour out of his mouth constantly. Yet, still, he holds onto the fact that the world is truly showing no signs of hope. He falls in love and finds new family, and suddenly that’s the last straw. He refuses to believe the world is ending. When his new loved ones begin dying all around him, he finally realizes that life isn’t fair and that the end is undeniable. He dies, a disappointed and broken person, full of potential that he never got to show the world.

And I already want to go cry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back