• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Arva: Tides of Darkness [IC] [Closed]

Valentina sat at the table, ready for the feast. Unlike some of the others, Valentina was not weirded out by the food. She was a woman of the sea, after all. Eating copious amounts of strange sea or river food was nothing new to her, and so began to eat without any problem. She didn't want to bother her companions as they ate. Or, at least, their food. She knew she could be too much with others, and always tried to give her friends a break from time to time. That is until drinks are involved. Soon the Utterling brought some of their own drinks! The mythical 'Utterling Sea-Booze', a drink so strong that it could even match Dandolian Blood Powder. She never had anything like it before, but she knew her alcohol and was confident in herself. With a cocky grin on her face, she asked one the utterlings to serve her a mug of Sea-Booze, and then she began to drink it as fast as she could.

Sea-Booze

Waylond - 4; Fail
Eidunn - 1; Critical Fail
Krasso - 6; Pass
Valentina - 7; Pass​

The few brave enough to take drinks of the much appraised "sea-booze" did so without much hesitation, and a few of the Utterlins at the table were watching and talking among each other as they did so. They seemed to take bets on who would either get along with the drink and who wouldn't. As the drink hit everyone's throats and down their gullets, they would notice that the drink was actually quite sweet at first as if it were nectar or a juice, but it would soon turn into a fire within their chests as it hit in with a strength unseen from any other type of spirits or drink they had tasted before. Two of the Utterlins at the table were most vocal among them as they observed: "I dunnae if the lass 'as it in 'er ta beat tha drink." he commented to his younger brother about Eidunn, who replied in kind with a chuckle. "I bet ye 2 gold on that." Unfortunately for the latter, he would immediately lose his bet as Eidunn would immediately see her vision go dark and be knocked unconscious from the sheer force of the brew. "Hmph, told ye." the older brother commented as he collected his prize.

Waylond would only fare slightly better as he too was practically knocked back from the brew's strength. Yet he would stay conscious, if not a bit dazed, from such an experience. That was not the end of his problems however as he felt vomit start to make his way up his throat as his body signaled its disagreement with what he had just consumed. Krasso meanwhile drew abated breath as he downed an exorbitant amount of the sea-booze, and while the others had suffered thus far for their dare Krasso would remain standing as the brew's strength went from fire to a cold and then to a warmth in his belly. As he stood triumphant, he received a round of cheers from the Utterlins as they raised their mugs and tankards to him. Valentina's experience went about the same as the Satyr's although she didn't drink a large amount as he had. For the two of them, they could remark at how delicious the brew was overall for them.

Waylond got up from his chair and walked at a brisk pace out of the feast. He was politely pointed towards the facilities used for what he was about to do among other things. Violent opening and closing of the doors could be heard as well as a more violent upheaval. Were it not for the noise that accompanies feasts, his volume would be uncomfortably loud and prevalent.

After a few minutes, he would return to the feast slightly stumbling as the booze was still gripping him. He sat down to his seat and gently pushed away the cup that contained the cause of his trouble.

"Mead." He said and coughed a bit. He looked towards Pottrey for a second. His squire looking worried. "Eat the squid eyes she gave you."

"Shit, is she gonna be alright?" Arnas asked with a concerned tone as he saw Eidunn be annihilated by the Sea-Booze, prompting laughter from the Utterlins nearby. "She'll be back soon enoof," Gerwin spoke up from the head of the table as he laughed, "Tha drink hits, but it dun kill." he spoke before drinking his own share of the powerful brew. Arnas wasn't entirely convinced as he looked at Eidunn for a moment and shook his head before standing up and walking over to her. "Hey, wake up." he said as he tried to shake her awake.

Whatever far away place Eidunn was off in, I was a a lot more alluring that the boat she found herself back in. She let out a loud moan as she aimlessly swatted at Arnas' hand. "No, Let me, StOp!" She protested, covering her head with her hands. You really are pathetic Eida.

"And you can shh...uut it aswell!" She shouted, before sitting up in her seat, swaying from side to side until she buckled once again, falling not so graciously into Arnas and a particularly unlucky utterling. "Oooh, let me, let ME have some more." She murmured, begining to reach forward towards another one of the tankard on the table.

Arnas nearly fell backwards as Eidunn crashed into him and a nearby Utterlin, but managed to regain his footing rather quickly and instead sought to prevent Eidunn from getting another fix of that thing. "Gods Eida, you shouldn't or else you'll hurt yourse-!" was all he managed to get out before an uproarious laughter from the Utterlins cut him off. "Tha lass want another go at tha sea-booze!" one of them remarked. The distraction proved ample enough for the lady to slip away and get her prize much to Arnas' dismay.

The sound of the bell awoke Aureal up from his sleep. His nausea was still lingering in his head but to a much lesser extent. Though, the same can’t be said to his stomach. Following the smell of seafood and the sound of a feast, he found himself in the dinner hall. After finding a seat, the elf surveyed the various food that the Utterlins prepared. Aureal had seen and tasted many exotic foods on his first few years of adventuring. Some of the foods that are littered in the table even looks familiar. Putting some octopus tentacles on his plate and grabbing a bowl of squid eye soup, he began to eat. The combination of spices exploded in Aureal’s mouth, his hunger further enhancing the flavor. I am in heaven. There’s no doubt about it. The elf let out a moan, his stomach growling in agreement. He adds more food on his plate and devouring them at the same second until he is satisfied.

After getting his fill until he's bloated, Aureal let out a sigh of relief. He looked around the dining hall and noticed his companions drinking “sea-booze” based from what the Utterlins said. Immediately after drinking, Eidunn passed out and Waylond left the halls to tend to his… problems. It can’t be that bad, right? Aureal thought while looking at his other two companions who also took a drink. Krasso and Valentina didn’t seem affected by the booze at all. Though, it came as no surprise to him. I guess there’s only one way to find out. Let’s just hope I don’t regret it. The elf grabbed a mug filled with the booze and drank it all down.

Krasso let out a great sigh of relief upon the Utterlin brew reaching his stomach. He'd not felt so contented with drink in quite some time, perhaps not in decades. Not wanting to let such a good thing go to waste the Satyr refilled his pint glass and continued to down the salty beverage. He would eat and drink endlessly until finally he let out a heart belch that came from the pits of his being and reclined back into his chair with another loud sigh of relief. "My compliments to the chefs!" He exclaimed loudly to the table as he continued to drink some of the Sea booze. These sea folk were alright in his book, the food was good and the booze plentiful, what more could a Satyr ever want when heading towards his doom?

The Aervis looked on at the others downing the 'booze', particularly those who were not handling the beverage well at all. All he could do was sigh and resolve himself back to his food, pecking at it slowly yet deliberately. It seems like this company couldn't go a night without drinking themselves into a stupor, yet fortunately it hadn't gotten them into trouble yet. If every dinner was like this it would prove to be a long journey.

Sea-Booze (Round 2)

Eidunn - 6; Pass
Aureal - 10; Critical Success
Krasso - 6; Pass
Eidunn's second attempt at downing the Sea-Booze went rather well considering her current predicament, as her stomach had a chance to acclimate to such a strong brew by now she was able to drink it with ease and experience both the good flavor and the sensation it brought along. Krasso's second large consumption of the sea-booze also went well as he merrily consumed it without issue and to the continued cheering of the Utterlins nearby. Aureal's own experience was rather different however, in the sense of what he felt afterwards anyhow. The drink seemed to agree with him, but it also felt like he was rejuvenated in some way that he couldn't exactly describe how. Nonetheless, he perked up and looked a lot more lively than anyone else now as a result.

Eidunn placed the drink back down onto the table, beaming around at the many utterlings glancing over at her. She clapped herself, before sitting back down in her chair, pushing her uneaten meal to the side to make room for her head on the table. "Hey Arnas, you should... have some of this!" She giggled, grinning up at him from the table.

As his knight recovered from the drink Pottrey looked at the squid eyes. He gulped and took a chance, gulping them down whole.

A sigh left Aureal's mouth as he puts down his now empty mug of sea-booze. "This is some good stuff." He says to no one in particular, a hint of red tints his cheeks. The booze left him feeling invigorated weirdly enough. Everything seems clearer, his senses heightened, and his mood increased greatly. If every night is a feast like this then I wouldn't mind staying here for a year. The elf thought to himself, grabbing another tentacle to munch on. The thought of the sea is forgotten in his mind amidst the sound of the feast and booze.

Eirana continued to enjoy her meal while observing the other mercenaries. Every now and then she'd wipe her mouth and express her gratitude towards Gerwin and the Utterlin chefs. Hughin's sellswords were, all things considered, guests and it would be bad for business to insult their host.
Finding the drinking game somewhat amusing Eirana chose to observe rather than partake and was particularly impressed with Eidunn's efforts.

Then, at the corner of her eye, Eirana noticed how Pottrey consumed the squid eyes with one swift move. Raising her eyebrows Eirana glanced briefly at Waylond.

"And? What do you think?" She asked with a kind tone while smiling warmly.

"They're.." The boy started to talk before he remembered what his teacher told him. He chewed what was left and swallowed it down "...they were very good my lady."

Waylond looked towards the rest of the table and drank his mead. Letting the two talk.

Eirana laughed. It wasn't meant to be condescending and sounded more like the type of laugh you'd hear after a good joke. Smirking, Eirana shook her head. "You are a brave squire- but a poor liar."
Gesturing towards her own plate Eirana folded her handa together. "Squid eyes might be tradition and it might also be a delicacy though I have never known it to taste well."

"That said you should be happy: you ignored the type of thoughts that lead to inaction, granting you wisdom, initiative and a good story to tell."

Eirana nodded towards Waylond. "i am certain he would agree."

Valentina lifted her mug, and laughed as the others continued drinking. This sea-booze was something else, that's for sure! She asked for a refill, while watching as Eidunn climbed back to her feet. Looking for more. "That's it, sister! Don't let the satyr out-drink you!" she said, before drinking another whole mug full of sea-booze. As she drank, the others nearby continued drinking and talking.

This was good stuff! He remarked again as the bubbling liquid went down his gullet. He once again diverted from his drinking by hungrily shoving whatever food was around him into his face. However, he did hear the call from Valentina. "A Drinking challenge you say? HA! Do you even know who you're dealing with?" he said jokingly as he once again went to down more of the Sea Booze.

Sea-Booze (Round 3)

Arnas - 8; Pass
Valentina - 10; Critical Success
Krasso - 3; Fail
Arnas looked a bit dumbfounded at Eidunn for a moment and was about to decline the offer before a part of him realized what was going on: A pretty lady is offering me a drink, and I was going to say no? I'm not stupid am I? he thought to himself before letting out a chuckle. "Alright then. Let's see what this is all about." he said before bravely chugging the mug of the booze. At first he coughed at the sheer strength of the brew before it settled in and warmed his chest nicely. "Damn, I don't know what's in this but it's good!" he commented, giving a smile to Eidunn as he felt a buzz come on quite rapidly.

Valentina and Krasso meanwhile started their own duel of the drinks as they both downed another shot of the sea-booze, with the Utterlins nearby now cheering them on. Like with Aureal, Valentina would feel herself perk up in a way she couldn't really describe, but indeed looked much more lively now. Krasso on the other hand, felt his first mishap with the drink as it seemed to burn rather than to warm and it hurt his throat aplenty.

A loud clatter sounded as a rather full plate of squid was scattered all over the wooden floor bellow. "Oh... shit" Eidunn mumbled, pulling her hand away from the pool she created from the remains of her drink. "I think, maybe I've had... enough." she said, looking a little startled. but then again, one more sip couldn't hurt could it? Don't even think about it. "Ok..." she answered. Standing up with as much stability as she could muster.

Invira ate the food eagerly, squid eyes and all, and was surprised at the flavors the Utterlins had managed to capture. The squid eye soup was unnerving to try as she was being stared at by her meal, but it was tasty and she hummed around her spoon as it satisfied the hunger that had started to claw at her belly. All in all, it was lovely. And then, the sea-booze.

Her companions were eager to try the stuff but she politely refused, remembering the state it put her companions in before and she didn't like the idea of not having all her faculties, even among those her commander would consider allies. But most of her companions joined right in to differing results. Hearing Waylong throwing up and Eidunn passing out was more than a little worrying. But they seemed to be...enjoying it?

She looked at them with a puzzled frown, nose wrinkling at the strong smell of the alcohol. A drinking contest? What were they thinking? Weren't they on the job?

She looked to the few that had also decided to pass on the stuff helplessly, not sure what to do until Eidunn tried to stand. Rising in a flash, she was next to her with a hand on her arm. "Are you quite alright, Eidunn?"

"Oh, I'm, I'm Eidunn, you're right!" She said, swaying rather violently before falling into the demon, grabbing onto her shoulder for support. Carefull, she one of them. "What..... shhut up, she's nice, unlike YOU!" Eidunn shouted, letting out a small hick as she griped Inviras shoulder a little tighter. "You have horns too..." she said, in complete awe, as she reached out her other hand, trying to grab one. "You should try some, its reeeealy nice!" She grinned, losing balance once again, crashing down back into her seat.

As a few of the Utterlins finished eating, one of the others at the table called out to them: "Oi Haddow, play some music wit tha lads!" he yelled out, bringing out a chorus of cheers in approval. Gerwin himself slammed his tankard down in a rhythmic pattern, getting the others to join in. Soon enough the instruments of choice were brought out and began to play and a chanting chorus was started by those still eating.

"We're off ta sail tha sea,
A call of tha wild and freedom ta me,
Tha bric, tha brac, and craic an' gall
We venture ta new lands far from us all!

Raise a tankard fer a toast,
Fer when we return we shall boast!
We travel high an mighty,
With tha grace of Octis almighty!

When we sail togetha' with our crew,
We shan't be delayed thru an thru!
An' when we shall return,
Our legend they shall learn!"

The feast had now turned into a merry festival of sorts, with the lady Utterlins now bringing out more booze and a sweet candied seaweed for everyone to eat. With their job done for the night, they too joined in on the partying as they danced in pairs. The children, now finished eating, scurried about with games of their own. Zakala decided to head back topside to get some fresh air, while Hughin stayed where he sat and enjoyed the mead that was brought out. Damn good stuff it was, and he remarked at how much better the stuffed shipped from abroad was then what was available back in Gwell.

Arnas meanwhile tried to help Eidunn stay upright and he held onto her shoulder and laughed. "That drink really destroyed you... you should lie down...?" he pondered aloud as he took a swig of mead nearby.

As the party got into full swing, Lanya looked at Da'Vost with an attentive look and waited for when he would start their lessons.

Last edited:
"Oh, I don't know if I'm actually that brave. It's just a pair of eyes. Anyone could eat those." Pottrey tried to reason why he's not so brave. Clearly having trouble talking to the woman next to him. Waylond simply glanced at him while drinking and continued to observe the others. The boy was doing well now, trying to be humble. A virtue to seek for sure, but it isn't mandatory to follow. Otherwise Waylond would have had plenty to make up for at a confessional.

Speaking of which, things started to pick up with music and singing. The knight got up from his chair to join the festivities.

"Come on, Satyr! Don't let me out-drink ya!" Valentina exclaimed, after gulping down the delicious brew. The celebrations had started, and everyone was now talking, drinking, and eating. The utterlings were singing a shanty, too! Which made Valentina jump out of her seat and sing along with the cute, furry little things. As she took a few more swigs of sea booze, she said aloud "Come on, friends! Fortune awaits us!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back