What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

    Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Arva: Tides of Darkness [IC] [Closed]

Sub Genres
Action, Adventure

joshuadim

the writer
Zakala obliged Eirana's request and helped her up to head outside towards the waters. The going was rather slow due to Eirana's state, but they managed as the two walked slowly behind Eidunn as she too made her way over to the source of the river. It didn't take very long to arrive, and the trio would see Arnas practically soaking himself by the riverbed up to his chest as he lay with his back onto a large stone and letting the waters flow over him. He turned his head rather lazily towards the others and waved: "Hey." he said with a grin as he showed off his now recovering arm, "Looks like I won't need the splint anymore."
 

Fauxs

Curiosity
"I love the confidence in you, Valentina! I'm sure it'll lead us to having good battles together." Cain replied back with a positive grin. "I'm afraid I'm not yet fully capable of the power I posses, but I will try my best to harness it." he ended.

After having pleasantries with the returning ally, Cain pondered about the monkey king's hint in regards to the elves up the north. With that in mind, Cain left the palace and asked around in hopes that the monkey-folk would know about these elves.
 

Auda

Never try. Never fail.
As they were dismissed by the Monkey King, Aureal followed the rest of the company as they were led through one of the doors. When Valentina made an appearance, the Elf promptly approached her and offered his greetings as he listened to her story. Shortly after, Aureal couldn't contain his excitement as he retraced his steps back to the room filled with the King's collection of objects and trinkets. Surely he wouldn't mind if I just examine them closer. He thought. The Explorer glossed his hands over the runestone, feeling the exterior with his finger tips as he looked at the writings etched on its surface. Aureal may have read or seen images of it but ultimately, he only had a vague idea of its origin. Deciding to ask the Monkey King about his collection later, Aureal moved on to another artefact.
 

Viper Actual

Ask me about my tourniquet fetish.
Eirana quietly thanked Zakala and slowly made her way towards the water. She took a gentle step into it, submerging everything below the waist.

Carefully she relieved herself of her woven cloak to reveal her battered and bruised armor and skin. Eirana sighed and closed her eyes before fully descending into the healing waters.

After a while she reappeared, revealing only her head. Eirana exhaled slowly and blinked.

"These waters truly are blessed," she said.
 

Breadman

Big loaf supreme
"Looking forward to it." Waylond replied. Pottrey coughed to get his knight's attention "Yes, squire?"

"Apologies ser, but I think we need to take care of some things. The lack of armor for one."

Waylond took a look at himself. It was true. He was without his armor since the shipwreck. The waves had seen to that. A pair of wristguards were all that they could salvage. Dire time indeed for it.

"Right then. I suppose we can visit the armory. Hopefully our status as guests of the Monkey king can get us some leeway."
 

ANIMAL MOTHER

I’M YOUR ULTRA-NIGHTMARE, BITCH!
"Something's off about this King... I don't know what it is, but I just feel uncomfortable."
Sharad grunts and nods his head slowly in agreement. He's feeling just as uncomfortable as Zakala does. The king may have welcomed them warmly and even invited them to a grand royal feast to partake in, but there's something picking at him in the back of his mind that the king's being a bit too generous. Not even someone as impressionable as the Raja back at home would welcome random commoners into his palace; especially ones carrying weapons. It also doesn't help that in his land, monkeys are known to be untrustworthy tricksters. Though some villages worshiped monkeys and thought of them as divine creatures, their appearance was a bad omen among the higher castes of Manwon society; a sign of a liar. Whenever he visited a local village to acquire tribute for his house, he made his entourage check every basket, every cart, and every sack for monkeys as their presence was an insult towards him.

Still, there's time until the king holds his grand feast where he may or may not be the main course. He follows the others towards the waters but doesn't submerge himself in it; only wanting to stick with where some of the group has gone. Plainly, he stands there at the edge of the water and looks around him to see where he can run should he be forced to make a quick escape.
 

Adobe

Junior Member
"Blessed water?" Eidunn asked, bending down and reaching her hand out into the liquid below. It felt just the same as any other water. Although it did seem to heal Arnas' arm. Sitting down on one of the large rocks beside the pool, she carefully untied one of her boots, submerging the cut on her leg into the water, waiting for something to happen. "Do think he really is? A god?" She asked around her.
 

joshuadim

the writer
Cain would not have to walk far to enter the city proper, where all the newer habitations and buildings had been constructed at separately from the more ancient ruins where the Monkey King dwelled. As the half-elf moved about alone thorugh the streets, he would easily notice the amount of eyes watching and staring at him as the various monkeys that lived here went about their day. Occasionally, he would ask a nearby monkey his questions about his missing father, or any other relevant information, but would not receive anything of use as pretty much all of the inhabitants didn't speak a lick of the common tongue. Undeterred, Cain would continue to search for any potential answers as he moved through the city still. He would notice as well that there was a small troup of younger monkeys following him about, hooligans and youngsters by their generally smaller stature as they hooted and hollered to each other while staying a slight distance away from the half-elf.

That would change however as Cain turned to an alleyway and the ones that had been following him immediately scurried away and headed elsewhere. Entering the alley would reveal a small and rather secluded enclave in the city with dirt, mud, small pools of water, and a small lone campfire... with a singular robed figure sitting at its base. The hood shrouded its visage, but the stranger could most definitely see out of it as it turned its head ever so slightly towards Cain as he approached.

"You have come a long way to these shores... lost." it spoke in a rather distant voice. "You are not safe here."

---

Most of the company would join Arnas, Eirana, and others at the base of the waterfall that they had situated themselves in to bask in the healing waters. Those that partook would have their wounds heal rather quickly while being energized and relaxed by the sensations brought about. Arnas' broken arm at this point had completely healed and he would stand out of the waters to dry himself as he and his armor had been completely soaked by this point. Many of the others would take the oppurtunity to heal their own scars or to wash off whatever blood and dirt they had accumulated on them by this point as well as they used the Monkey King's hospitality rather generously.

Hughin situated himself to be semi-isolated as he laid on a large boulder with a flat top and basked in the warmth of the sun to relax. This was as good of a time as any to rest and recover. Lanya and Da'Vost would restart their sessions elsewhere in their own little enclave as well, while Zakala stood with Sharad to observe the surrounding area. "Anything you're looking for in particular?" Zakala would ask with curiosity as she crossed her arms.

---

While many of the others would head outside to relax and to heal at the waters, Aureal would opt to stay inside alone and investigate the Monkey King's treasury further. It was indeed quite an impressive collection, and many of the smaller objects strewn about would also show their value as the elf walked about before settling on the orcish runestones. The stone itself was rather massive, standing about as tall as he was, and it was rather strange considering how heavy it must have been... it was almost as if it was plucked out of the ground from wherever it came from. As his fingers went over the carvings etched into the rock, Aureal could feel power radiate from it from the shamanic magics that dwelled within. Yet, it felt out of reach as if it had to be unlocked in some manner.

Content with his observations, Aureal would walk away to find another artifact to observe. The one that caught his eye was a rather striking orb made of what seemed to be a pure black material situated atop of a small holding stand. Unlike the natural energy that Aureal felt with the runestone, the orb felt... malicious. Yet he felt drawn to it for some reason as if it were subtly pulling at him. Closer he walked towards it until he was right in front of it, and the feeling of attraction magnified further and further as Aureal stared into the orb itself. His vision became darker and darker as he looked further and further into the darkness and an overwhelming feeling of horror grew in his own body as he looked into what was apparently the void. In desperation, Aureal would try his hardest to rip his gaze away from the orb and was successful in doing so after struggling for a bit... but would find himself a few inches away from the Monkey King's face afterwards.

"Had a good look?" Jirin asked with a toothy grin as he stared straight into Aureal's eyes.

---

Waylond and Pottrey would both wander off in search for new equipment to replace the ones that they had lost, they opted to search for the most obvious place to find such things: the armory. Considering the layout of the realm, it was rather easy to spot the difference between the more civilian part of the city and the more militaristic structures as the latter was more located within the ruins along with armed monkeys that patrolled about. As the two approached, they would receive watchful and suspicious glares from the soldiers as they went about their business until finally they were met with the monkey that had previously guided the Company to the city.

"What you want?" he asked with narrowed eyes.
 
Last edited:

Fauxs

Curiosity
As Cain walked around the city, he constantly felt darting eyes from the monkey-folk, especially behind his back. He payed no mind towards these glares as it was normal for a civilization to be curious towards different beings, something he has known well as a half-elf. Cain started to engage in conversation with several monkeys to gain more information in regards to the elves up north but alas, he didn't make much progress as the monkeys struggle to communicate in common tongue. Cain then started to notice how smaller monkeys would gather up behind him, forming a commotion among themselves out of curiosity yet Cain still paid no attention. The commotion behind him started to get silent as he turned in to an alleyway with an eerie ambiance, followed by a robed figure who began to converse with him.

"who are you? and how is my safety of your concern?" Cain spoke loudly as he held his rapier, being cautious in every move.
 

Auda

Never try. Never fail.
The Orb's malevolent aura overpowered Aureal's senses and he is unable to resist its pull. His every instinct screamed at him to move, to snap out of it, but what power does he have in this place? He is but a lit candle amidst the ever-consuming void. The dread on the pit of his stomach slowly spreads with every step he takes and his will to fight, to resist, is slowly deteriorating along with his sanity. When finally faced with the artifact, only one thought remained in Aureal's head. Persevere. With the last of his remaining strength, Aureal forcefully bit his tongue till he tasted copper and the pain helped him focus untill he snapped out of the trance. Aureal immediately took multiple steps back until he deemed it safe enough to stop and take a breather. He can still feel the effects of the orb uncomfortably clinging to him like second skin, making him shiver in disgust.

"Had a good look?"
The sudden interruption made him jump and the Elf found himself in a staring contest with the monkey king. "Y-yes, you could say that." Aureal started, his voice still unsteady. "I just had a p-problem with one of your artifacts." he continued as he looked back at the innocently placed orb. Surely the king can also feel the menacing aura coming from it. "If I may ask, what and where did you get that... cursed item?" And why are you keeping it?
 

Breadman

Big loaf supreme
Waylond didn't mind the suspicious looks, despite being a guest of the king. It may seem rude, but he was a foreigner in a land that had little to no contact at all with his own home and he and his squire had just walked up to a militarized part of town. Them being friendly wouldn't have been out of the ordinary if anything.

"Hello again." He began "You king gave us the freedom to walk around the city and while we would happily do so, my squire and I would require replacement for the equipment we lost earlier. I do believe your king has plans for us, he's made that clear. But a knight without armor is not exactly one who can be truly beneficial to him for whatever those plans might be. So I humbly ask for some assistance in that matter. You have my word on my honor that payment for the armor and equipment would be received soon enough."
 

Dmaster

Sautekh Nemesor
The Aervis partook in the healing waters with the rest of the company, sitting at the edge of the pool as he dipped his arms into the pool. Much like the trick he performed when initially being injured, he now manipulated the waters so that they would encircle and coat his wounds for a most optimal recovery. As he did so, his arms were only slightly spread and he was sat down in a meditative position.

It was but a short stop before he and Lanya would get to continuing their lessons, though he looked to Eidunn with a click of his beak. "It is a most difficult question to answer..." he replies with a shake of his head. "He knew of us and our exploits, even saw the battle between the kraken and that deity of the sea when we were so far from Penigros we could not see it... There is little explanation, but he at least has sight and presence beyond that of mortals."
 

ANIMAL MOTHER

I’M YOUR ULTRA-NIGHTMARE, BITCH!
"Anything you're looking for in particular?"
“Vines to swing from, tree tops to leap across, cliffs to climb...” Sharad responds, still looking around until he finally faces her. “Between you and I, I will not stay here once this king reveals his true nature. And neither should any of you lot.”
 

joshuadim

the writer
"Who I am is not important. What is important is the terrible danger that faces creation, and that the endless bureaucracy of my realm brews nothing but inaction among my brethren." the figure spoke again, not facing Cain but rather continuing to stare into the fire as if it was rather disinterested in Cain himself. "You and your company must leave this place as soon as you can. Head towards the Republic of Altissia, to the north. The shadows grow every passing day..." The figure would then stand as it finished speaking, hiding its hands into its robes before beginning to walk away. It turned its head towards Cain one last time to speak before disappearing entirely in a shimmering of the air: "You must not delay."

---

Jirin gave a laugh when he picked with the orb with three of his fingers and observed it rather nonchalantly: "Truth be told... I have no idea! Some of my warriors picked it up off one of those creatures you were being chased off by... a different group of them, of course. Killed one of my own people by just picking it up... a tragedy, I know." Jirin spoke as he looked into it, "But what I do know is this... you can speak to something with it. With what or whom? I don't know."

The Monkey King would place the orb back onto its holder once he finished explaining, and then promptly returned his attention back to Aureal. "Now... you sly little elf you! Poking about my collection... and you didn't even ask! How rude." he spoke, making grand gestures to exaggerate his words. "But I am a generous king, so I shall overlook this... foooooor a favor."

---

The monkey commander looked between both Waylond and Pottrey for a moment before grunting: "Our armor not good for outsider... look in tomb." the mandrill would suggest as it pointed towards one of the nearby ruins for Waylond to see. The structure itself was rather complex and large from their point of view and, quite frankly, rather too large for just Waylond and Pottrey to explore by themsevles it seemed. Although, the prospect of obtaining something interesting seemed high considering the rather pristine nature of the structure apart from the vines and moss growing atop its stones. "Go with friends." the mandrill would then add on to his statements, rather unconvinced of the capability of Pottrey as a helping hand for Waylond.

---

Zakala didn't know how to exactly respond to Sharad as he made his intentions clear to flee the moment trouble arose, and was rather dumbfounded at the man's seemingly self-serving nature. "Say you manage to get out of here, then what? You would have no idea how to navigate the lands, or how to determine where to go. And besides, those monsters are out there as well... lurking in the wilds. While I don't trust anything that's going on here, I think the safest option is to be here." she said to him with a glare, "Whether you choose to follow that advice... that's up to you."

Arnas looked towards Da'Vost as he replied to Eidunn and gave a shrug: "He's been nice enough so far." he would say, bringing himself into the conversation. "I certainly would like to stay on his good side."
 
Last edited:

Auda

Never try. Never fail.
Aureal's eyes grew wide as he watched Jirin hold the orb without problem. He had first-hand experience on what the artifact can do and the King said it himself that one of his kin was killed by the orb just by touching it, but it looked like it didn't affect him at all. If Aureal doubted Jirin's claim of being a god before, he is starting to believe him now. It also looked like the Monkey King had already done his research on the orb and what he shared piqued the Elf's interest. 'Maybe it's a mode of communication that they can only use-' Aureal's trail of thought was interrupted by Jirin once again.

"Now... you sly little elf you! Poking about my collection... and you didn't even ask! How rude." he spoke, making grand gestures to exaggerate his words. "But I am a generous king, so I shall overlook this... foooooor a favor."
"I apologize for looking at your things without permission. I was about to find you but I couldn't contain my excitement when faced with a magnificent collection" Aureal quickly lowered his head and offered an apology. "I g-guess I have no choice but to agree." He continued with hesitation. What could the King of Monkeys possibly want from him? An unsettling feeling rests on Aureal's gut as he waited for the Jirin to continue.
 

Breadman

Big loaf supreme
Well he was rather short about it. But why point them towards a tomb? And why the need for more?
"What's inside that tomb?"
 

Fauxs

Curiosity
As the hooded figure had said his statement and left, Cain slowly parted his hands from his weapon until the figure was out of sight. Why would I believe a stranger? Cain said in his thoughts, pondering as to how he will explain it to the company. None of them even know if it is safe enough to travel north and they also have no assurance of their safety. He may have a personal decision to go to the north as that is the only lead towards his goal but he does not wish danger among the lives present in the company. Cain thought immensely but he started to realize that the decision does not lie solely within him, it lies with the company.

Cain walked aimlessly as he was stuck deep within his train of thought. He started to realize that he was already walking towards the direction of the healing waters as he overheard the members talking about it and headed to the same path. He continued the path he was taking as he needed to consult the company anyways. As Cain arrived to the healing waters, he saw a few members of the company relaxing themselves. He felt guilty for being the bearer of bad news. Slowly, Cain started to realize even more that he doesn't converse with several members of the company which made him quite nervous. "Everyone, I have something to ask of you." Cain said nervously, "Would you believe a stranger if they told you that you were in danger?" he ended. Cain didn't want to tell the problem straight to the point as he thought it would be less of a shock to them this way.
 
Last edited:

ANIMAL MOTHER

I’M YOUR ULTRA-NIGHTMARE, BITCH!
"Say you manage to get out of here, then what? You would have no idea how to navigate the lands, or how to determine where to go. And besides, those monsters are out there as well... lurking in the wilds. While I don't trust anything that's going on here, I think the safest option is to be here." she said to him with a glare, "Whether you choose to follow that advice... that's up to you."
Sharad didn't want to admit it, but Zakala has a point. Just where would he go if he somehow was able to escape? To the fields and turn into a husk from that crystal? Back into the forest and get sliced to pieces by those soldiers? Squat at Joony's place? He doesn't remember where it is. At least he has the group around him if the king tries anything funny. There's strength in numbers, even if they're in the king's domain. Without saying a word more on the subject, or in agreement with Zakala, Sharad removes his helmet and begins to pour some water on his face.
 

joshuadim

the writer
The mandrill shrugged towards the knight as he phrased his question. "Treasure. Secrets. I don't know." he responded to Waylond before having his attention drawn away by the hollering of one of his warriors, causing him to head off quickly elsewhere.

---

The Monkey King would flip a coin towards Aureal, who would catch it quickly and look upon it. It was a rather plain looking iron coin, with engravings and etchings giving it a remarkable pattern on its surface with a hole in the center that held a small purple jewel within it. "Carry this on your person. And I'll know if you take it away from yourself, hee hee hee!" Jirin spoke with a grin before disappearing in a puff of smoke, leaving the elf rather confused where he stood.

---

Zakala looked at Sharad rather curiously when he revealed his face, not having known where he was from before. "Didn't know you were from Manwon." she commented rather casually as she looked him over, "Although in hindsight, makes your name and choice of gear all the more obvious."

Arnas looked towards Cain when he spoke his question and raised an eyebrow: "How do you mean? Did someone say something to you?" he asked with concern towards the half-elf.
 

ANIMAL MOTHER

I’M YOUR ULTRA-NIGHTMARE, BITCH!
"Didn't know you were from Manwon." she commented rather casually as she looked him over, "Although in hindsight, makes your choice of gear make more sense now."
"Really? I thought the accent would've given it way." Sharad jokes back. "But yes, and I am not just any normal Manwonese peasant, but nobility... I swear I had told you lot this already when we first met." He stands back up and continues to look at the green expanse in front of him. "Regardless, I suppose my nobility indirectly makes this little visit with the monkey king official 'nayaka' business."
 

joshuadim

the writer
"Honestly, it's been a crazy period of time... such information tends to not stick ya know?" Zakala replied with a chuckle. When Sharad explained that he was in fact nobility, it raised Zakala's interest as she tilted her head towards him. "Right. I'm sure that Manwon and this Monkey King will be conducting trade relations soon after." she spoke in jest and with a smirk.
 

ANIMAL MOTHER

I’M YOUR ULTRA-NIGHTMARE, BITCH!
"Right. I'm sure that Manwon and this Monkey King will be conducting trade relations soon after."
"Spices for bananas..." he muses. "Sounds like a good deal to me!" He lets out a small laugh at the mental image of the raja shaking hands with a tiny monkey.
 

Fauxs

Curiosity
"How do you mean? Did someone say something to you?"
Cain turned towards Arnas and replied. "This may sound slightly odd but..." he hesitated for a bit, hoping that they would believe him. "A strange hooded figure revealed himself to me around an alleyway. he spoke of a danger that faces creation and that we must head north quickly. He mentioned a place, but I can't quite remember it clearly." Cain stopped for a moment and attempted to relive the the encounter he had until something came through. "I believe he called it, the Republic of Altissia" he ended.
 

Infab

The Demon Fanatic
Having moved to where the others had gone at the healing waters, Drokos remained off to herself. Mainly eyeballing the others and studying the area around them. Eventually, she glanced over to Hughin, whom was semi-isolated sitting on a flat topped boulder. I guess now is as better a time as any. She stood from where she was sitting, walking over and stopping a few feet from Hughin. "...I wanted to apologize for my actions before in the forest. I misjudged my own strength, while under a battle high. It will not happen again, I assure you."
 

Auda

Never try. Never fail.
Confusion is evident in Aureal's face as he stared at the spot where the Monkey king just disappeared. Returning his focus on the coin, Aureal examined the purple jewel as his mind searched for an answer on its probable use. Maybe it's used for communication or maybe tracking? He thought to himself, There's no point in thinking too much on it. There's no way of knowing what's happening inside that monkey's head. The Elf let out a defeated sigh and he pocketed the coin as he left the room to find his companions.

"Now... where's this healing waters they're talking about." Aureal mumbled while walking around aimlessly, hoping to find the place sooner or later.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top