• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Arva: Tides of Darkness [IC] [Closed]

She then looked at Waylond as he explained the meaning of his nickname. "Well then! I am quite glad to meet a fellow duelist. Of course, I know the stark difference between a duel of knights and a duel with fencers, but maybe you could teach me a few tricks as well? To be as swift as you say you are." She let out a gentle giggle while looking at the knight. He certainly was interesting individual. She hadn't form an opinion on his squire just yet. The boy looked uncomfortable about just being there, and he didn't say much.

She wanted to continue their conversation but her attention shifted towards Marshal. Whom began talking about his experiences. She looked pleased with both men's answers. Knowing that she had competent companions meant a great deal for her, as company can only succeed if every member puts in their best. "I am glad that you're well versed in the art of combat, Master Marshal."

Before she could explain her abilities to the knight, however, she was rudely interrupted by that strange mummy-like undead. She wasn't fazed by it, having fought and even talked with the undead before during her adventures. "Mistress of the Prick...? Hmm... are we thinking of the same Prick, m'lady? Because I can confirm that with gusto~." This undead woman seems to be of the grumpy old kind, annoying at best, at worst? a demoralizing force for the crew, but who knows maybe she's wrong!

Last edited:
Eidunn sat and listened to the woman and knight boast to each other, deciding that her input into the matter was little more than irrelevant. Smiling, she drummed her fingers in her lap. Name had always been something that fascinated her, as it was especially common for people on Voyekrey to be given names, almost a tradition.

When Eidunn had taken her place at the table, she hadn't payed notice to the man that sat with them, being far too enthralled with the Aervis and Sathyr. but now she took a closer look, put off by the rather unique armour the man adorned. Watching as the man stoop up, her heart almost stopped as she saw the woman that was standing behind her. 'what is that' she thought to herself, visibly retracting her legs and arms.

"if you don't mind me asking, miss, but, where exactly do you come from, haven't been down round here long, but cant say I've seen anyone quite like you." she was careful with the words she chose, not wanting to seem scared, but her demeanour wasn't doing her any favours.

"I know more about bone and blood than you would ever figure out in a lifetime," she replied. "There is no flesh under this heavenly shroud, and had there been, I would have carved it away with my own hands with naught but an embalmer's blade. I am blessed by the divine Nebrekhotep, given rebirth. I am bones. And cotton, and reeds. Bone, when shaped and soothed, will stand stronger than any steel made by mortal fires and hammer. You're thick headed enough that I bet your skull would make a fine faceplate for any maryannu."

She glanced around to Valentina. "Ah, I'm glad to see temple prostitution hasn't disappeared with the ages. At least you can do something right. That is, if you aren't some harlot stalking the streets for yourself and not for the honor of the divine."

Then some light haired young lady spoke up behind her, and she snapped her head towards Eidunn. It seemed Qalhatret moved like a puppet in all regards. Quick, rough motions, like she was being pulled along by an unseen force.

"Ta Meri," she said simply. "Old Kemarsi. Blessed be, I'm not one of you unfortunates to be born in this terrible land. I've seen your maps. You call my home the Southern or Scorch Wastes. Such an ignorant name for the land of the greatest civilizations to have once stood. Perhaps one day you will all realize the glory of Her Majesty, Nebrekhotep, our Eternal Queen and Pharaoh of the Gold Waters."

It was an easy thing to walk in unnoticed in such a crowd--loud and...fighty. There was a tension among a few of them she couldn’t quite place but skirting along the edges of it she could avoid the vitriol or confusion or whatever it was herself.

The mushroom-woman seemed to move oddly, in an almost entrancing way. It was on the wrong side of unnatural. Like there was no muscle there—and from what she was saying, there was none. Her Masters would have been fascinated to meet such a creature. She’d have to remember everything about her so they could write it down in the thousands of books they had. Perhaps she could introduce Mushroom and her masters?

But not yet—it seemed like there was a pecking order and the man and the other demon seemed to be at the top. It felt odd, but who was she to judge? It wasn’t as if she knew how these folks worked.

It just seemed like a very inefficient way to go about your day.

Sidling up to the demon and her human, she smiled tentatively. “Um, hi. What’s all this?”

"Oh that's rich! I imagine you were quite the fiery beast when you were alive in those temples, right?" Valentina just laughed as the mummy insulted her. "But anyways, is it just part of being undead to make judgement over little things? Or act as if your way is the way, and us younger generations are foolish?" She looked at the others at the table. "...Because if I could get a penny for every sentient undead that seems to think the old ways were better, I'd be the richest woman in Gwell right now." She noticed the young pretty lady talking with the mummy. Curious about her nature. Valentina just shook her head and looked at Eidunn. "I wouldn't listen to her. It sounds like she was part of some weird cult when she was alive."

Da'Vost nodded sagely at Krasso's hypothesis. "Perhaps. Though our eyes are turned to the heavens we do not search for the gods. We are bound by the Aether, in servitude to it. We seek enlightenment through its understanding." the Aervis explains.

He noted Eida's attention turning to the other mercenaries, that curious Kemaris woman included. Rather what was left of her. "Not all of us seek riches and violence, sir." Da'Vost chirped up to Kregan, flipping a page of his tome. Eida asked the mummy a logical question to which the bird waited to hear, though the answer was laced in several layers of rude attitude.

The Aervis grumbled and resigned himself back to reading his book for the moment.

Kregan rolled his eyes and sat back down on his stool. All bark and no bite like always when it came to the Undead. It was a disrespect to the dead for sure, but on the other hand perhaps the mummy was worth her salt if she could back it up. He simply ignored her, listening to Valentina. He barely noticed the big bird make a comment towards him when it came down to earning money. He grunted, confused why he came here then.

"Maybe not. I wouldn't know your personal business. But the fact remains, this is a sellsword company. Let's hope you have a place here." Kregan stated.

Last edited:
'cant be so great if it doesn't stand anymore'. Ediunn mumbled to herself, fiddling with the fur that lined the inside of her coat. "if this lands so terrible, why are you here?". She was genuinely interested, and also a little hurt by the undead's comment. 'undead'. even in her head it sounded weird. yes shed hear the tales of men that wander the snow at night, she assumed they were a way of keeping children inside, but apparently there has a hint of truth to the old tale.

Ediunn was also growing rather suspicious of the crowd that was slowly amassing round the table. remembering the words that the Aervis had said, she turned to Valentina. "Is this the gathering spot for the 'company', 'cause if I'm in the way, i can just..." She cut herself off, if it was the meeting point for this so called company, than maybe she could weed her way in for a little pay.

"My place." Da'Vost replies. "Is wherever the Aether wills and guides. Currently it is that man's employ." His neck cranes slightly toward Hughin, and just as quick as Kregan had the Fateseeker's gaze he lost it to that book and the bird'a studies.

Yet Eida asked about the company gathering, and he soon looked up yet again with a pleasant smile. "While the company gathers here, they do not own the facilty. Reside wherever you please." he urged with a quiet clack of his beak. "You mentioned financial difficulty earlier. If you speak with Hughin I am sure he will pay for your services. You look quite capable."

Another newcomer, this one another red skinned woman with horns, spoke up on approach to the group. Qalhatret inspected this woman and wondered where such creatures had come from. The animals that walked on two legs, that wasn't a foreign concept, but these horned red-skins... that was new.

"Hello, you with horns," she said simply, with Valentina speaking up a second later. Qalhatret was unable to make facial expressions as she had neither a face to do so, and if she did, her alabaster mask was locked in one perpetual expression. "I was a scribe, no woman of silk, I had more pride than to lay down for strangers for the gods. That is of no matter. Of course the Kemarsi people were superior. I see waste and trash in the streets in these cities, and vagabonds in the mud. Such filth. There was no such sight in Great Kemarsi, in even the lowliest of villages. You would all be of my kind now had we not been murdered by the jealous, the usurpers, and the foolish, all bound together by blood to bring ruin to civilization," she said haughtily. She glanced back at Invira. "Do not listen to the street whore, for she does not have the honor to do so in the temple. I was not of a cult, I was of the Divine Syndicate."

Then the other fair-haired young lady, Eidunn, spoke up again, and once more Qalhatret swiveled towards her. "I am here on business of the divine Nebrekhotep, on Her orders I stride this world. I have no need to explain such things to the young."

Valentina laughed as the undead called her a street whore. She would've loved to continue things, but to be honest, the last thing she needed was to get into a bar brawl with a century or two old mummy. So she thought of the most clever of responses. "Ok, zombie." With that, she raised her hand and ordered a good drink. She noticed that the blonde woman was trying say something, but cut herself short. "Why don't you go ask the organizer of this event my friend? You seem like the capable sort." As the bartender brought Valentina her drink, she noticed another demon woman making her way to speak with the one next to Hughin. Another extravagant member for this group, huh? I thought it would be just dwarves but thing got interesting!

"Well, hopefully I'll be back shortly!" Eidunn laughed, trying to hide the nerves she felt creeping up the back of her neck. 'Capable, not in any sence of the word'.

Standing up, she gave a smile toward the various people sitting at the table, brushing past the undead as she weaved her way towards the bar she had been directed to. Eyeing the red woman that sat there, Eidunn was sure that this was who she needed to speak too. She could tell a leader from a mile away, her brother had made that certain.

Eidunn stood before the red woman, waiting for her to finish speaking. "Hello, are you the leader of this 'company'?" She asked, nodding over towards the table of misfits gathering in the corner. "I'm Eida, Edia White."

Zakala and Hughin had been conversing a little bit after accepting Qalhatret into the group before both Eidunn and Invira walked up to them. Zakala was a bit surprised at being referenced as the 'leader', and quickly pointed a finger to Hughin. "You're wanting to speak to him then."

This caught Hughin's attention as he turned to face Eidunn. "Yes indeed I am lass. Hughin Kollings at your service." he said, turning to her and sizing her up. Obviously, she was quite small and that raised a bit of a concern for him: "Forgive me, but are you sure you're looking for mercenary work?"

Meanwhile, on Zakala's end she spoke to her fellow demon and was quite surprised on her question. "We're recruiting for his company." she said, motioning to Hughin for a moment before returning her attention to the demoness. "If you're looking for work, then you've come to the right place. Forgive me if I'm a bit surprised to see one from our clan in these parts, most demons don't make it past Burgin without an attempt on their life or two."

"Being able to swing a sword is one thing, and don't get me wrong, it's a spectacle to behold. But the most decisive way to win a battle is to make sure it never takes place to begin with. But I can defend myself if it comes down." Eidunn placed her hands into her coat pockets, mulling over the words in her head.

"I'm short of coin, and I've come a long way, some would call this the end of the road, I'd call it the transition to a better one. I have a talent in communication, and I believe I could prove usefull." Despite the way she looked, and nervous she did, Eidunn had a way with words. She had dropped the northern accent completely, spare for the few hints here and there.

Such a response took Hughin by surprise and Eidunn's way with words indeed impressed him, as his initial impressions immediately changed and knew that there was more to her than what seemed on the surface. "Well now. You certainly have your way with words, you'll find yourself in good company with the bard over there." he motioned to Krasso. He deliberated for another moment before nodding to her: "Alright. So long as you're capable of pulling your own weight, you're welcome in the company."

"I can show you a great many things, just ask." Waylond answered before being rudely interrupted and insulted by the undead woman. Well, he figured out what she was in life at least. A bitch. Now has the brain rot made it worse?

"You dare talk that way to one of the banner men of lord..."

"Pottrey, cease!" Waylond raised his voice to interrupt and turned to him. "A lesson young squire. Do not bother yourself with empty insults coming from old hags who haven't proven their worth to you. Your honor is not damaged by them as their insults betray their arrogance and stupidity." Pottrey slightly hung his head in shame. Waylond simply put his hand on his shoulder. "Hot tempers lead to an early grave. And well." He looked to the undead, now busy being a nuisance to the others, for a second before back at him "You can see it's not a good place to be." The boy nodded to show he heard his cousin's words. "Go see if they have some of that wine I like so we can share it with the table."

Waylond turned back to the others and things seem to have calmed down somewhat and some new people seemed to have joined.
"Please excuse the boy. He still has much to learn in the way of being a knight."

Invira nodded, also keeping the conversation happening around her in case something violent would happen. It surely seemed to be going that direction as long as they kept insulting each other in the way they are. Were all people like this or did she just stumble into the oddest establishment on earth. The man behind the bar seemed about as annoyed as he should be so maybe it was just them?

“What sort of Company?” She thought carefully about the demoness’ surprise. “I apologize, but I’m not sure what you’re talking about. I don’t know where I am, honestly. Sorry.”

Krasso nursed his wine as the apparant other members of the ‘Hooligans’ started to argue and insult one another. Boasting without anything to back it up was pitiful. Especially to counter those beneath them. He shook his head, such simpletons this lot, not like him or his new Bird companion.

“If you’re looking for wine my fellow sell-swords I’d be happy to share the fruits of my people.” He said pulling out three more bottles from his back pack.“It is the sworn duty of any devotee of the Missing God to provide nectar for the people. Drink up my fellows.” He says waving his hands over the bottles to invite the other mercenaries.

"A mercenary company. You know... we work for coin for whomever pays for our services?" Zakala replied, now somewhat concerned that Invira didn't even know where she was. "We're in Gwell. Are you sure you're alright?"

"If you're sharing, then it would be rude to your god and your people to decline." Waylond answered the satyr's invitation. Others can argue and look each other mean in the eyes as much as they wanted. It just meant more for those looking to enjoy life.

"By all means Ser knight come sit, drink, be merry. This is a good day for all of us after all a good paying job is a hard thing to find in these trying times." He said pushing a bottle towards the knight. "Arcus Red, one of the finest wines in all of Nysa right from my home town. It's spiced with ginger and fermented mulberries so its got a good kick. I promise you this'll be better than whatever your boy brings back to you." The Satyr says with a bit of pride in his voice; he was maintaining the good people of Arcus' reputation afterall.

Valentina smiled as the knights squire was ready to defend the honor of his lord against that undead hag, she actually found that quite cute. "Don't worry Ser Waylond, with you as his master I am sure they boy will become an excellent knight." She gave the man and his squire a polite smile. She was ready to drink her cup of ale when the Satyr offered his wine to the rest of the group. She hastily finished her a few quick gulps and looked unfazed by it. An ability that she was quite proud of. "Satyr wine is one of my biggest weaknesses, many cultures across the land insist that they have mastered the art of wine making, but I know that the true masters are the Satyrs." She helped herself to a cup of wine and gave Krasso a friendly smile. "Cheer, master Satyr! for your good health and the success of this company."

"None for me, thank you." the scholarly bird chirruped deeply. He scooped up his bowl and dunked his beak into it yet again, sloshing it gently as it parted and allowed him to drink of it. Only nodding slightly at the commencement of merrymaking now that the argument with the undead was finished, Da'Vost flipped to a different section of his tome. A finger reached to touch at some of the runes there as the Aervis muttered something to himself, his clawed digit tapping on the spot with a slow, pondering pace. He looked up at the ceiling, just to chuckle lowly to himself at the error before turning his attention back to the tome.

"Oh but my dear satyr friend." Waylond grabbed the bottle quite hungrily "I must apologize if my appearance has deceived you into thinking I don't know about Satyr wine like any lordling fresh out their castle wouldn't. The only wine worth the high prices it comes with." He poured himself a cup before setting the bottle down and raising it to toast Valentina "To our newfound work."

Why wouldn’t she be alright? “Oh, yes! I need coin. People didn’t like it when I took food off of their fancy tables. And I’m alright, thank you for asking.” She scanneed the room again. “I just haven’t known the places I’ve been is all.”

She scanned the room again. People seemed to be jumping on the idea of having having the nectar of the Satyr’s god, which sounded important and smelled odd. “How does one join a mercenary company? It seems to be lots of fun.” They were a lively bunch, these people. Much more so than she was used to and they might be good to hang around. If anything, she could learn—they all had so many stories to tell of their accomplishments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back