• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Arranged Marriage (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Oh! Someone made a CS for a Forellan Guard. Nvm then lol. Can I make a twin for Amir then, or is that asking too much lol
Edit: Profiles are updated! Jess Buck Jess Buck

Last edited:
Sorry if it seems like I’m not that interested in interacting with you all >_< I managed to get the flu and I’m not feeling to hot. I’m still very interested in this rp.

Sorry if it seems like I’m not that interested in interacting with you all >_< I managed to get the flu and I’m not feeling to hot. I’m still very interested in this rp.
Omg feel better. The flu is horrible :<

Hey, accepted~ :P Always nice.

So, I'ma look over starting relations with Sigi really quick then [Although it should be pretty easy since he isn't likely to be close to anyone]:

spacepanda spacepanda Hmmm, Amir... Don't think the two would ever really have spoken outside of normal bows/salutes when Amir crossed his path. Mostly because, to Sigi, Amir looks like the standard pampered noble wearing clothes that could feed all the hungry in the capital for an entire year which isn't, exactly, something they'd share common grounds with. While he does seem kind if not a bit shy and reserved, not sure that'd be enough for Sigi to ever overcome his initial bias against the man and since neither would go out of their way to communicate with the other, feel that it'd never have gone away. Although Sigi would keep a close eye on him not only because its his job but because he is the Crown Prince after all and I can't think of many other people his daughter would love to hear about more then the handsome prince in dashing clothing. If he is aware of his lover or not is up to you. Sigismund is incredibly observant and his job is to protect and watch over the family, so he'd be doing a shit job if he didn't notice a guy sneaking into his room quite often and it wouldn't be his place to say anything nor would he care to, it'd be one of those things he left out of the stories he told his family. Can also just as easily say he had never been given that patrol route and so its not something he would have been around anyways. Up to you.

Katja is pretty easy. She is a lot of what Sigi hates in the nobility. Rich and happy to flaunt it, a lover of intrigue and, in his mind, doesn't care who she steps on so long as she steps on her enemies as well, the kind of person who'd smile at you even as she drove a knife into her back. While the love of her family is something, something Sigi could respect, I don't see these two ever sitting down for a spot of tea. But, I mean, this one is obvious that they are strangers. XD She is a Queen and he is the lowborn peasant Royal Guard. He knows her because its his job and if she knows of him its only because of her focus on courtly politics and so wanting to know who everyone is and where their loyalty lies.

I think Ayeshaa is the only one he truly likes as a person. She is honest and blunt, traits he shares and admires in others, she is loyal to her family and has a disdain for the nobles who cannot do their job, an opinion he shares, albeit not as radically as Sigi where he is instantly biased against any noble until said bias is proved wrong. I think the only real question is if these two would ever have communicated because of said station difference and because Sigi looks like every other royal guard so doesn't exactly stand out when someone is scanning a room. But I also don't think Sigismund would ever have wanted to talk to her. Which may sound odd being one of the only royals he actually likes, but I imagine she'd make him feel incredibly uncomfortable for more reasons then he'd care to examine and she'd be a hard person to keep at arms distance, the safe distance he prefers. So, yeah, while I think their personalities match very well, because of that, I believe they wouldn't have spoken because if she tried, he would have gone into full professional mode.

Colelovesrp Colelovesrp Ralf... this one is a lot like the Amir one, I'd imagine. Neither would go out of their way to associate with the other. As Ralf is a fairly quiet, reserved person, it isn't like he is going to strike up a conversation with that random guard who is watching over the punch table.

Vicar is kinda fun. If he was't the King, I could see the two of them going out for ale together and hanging out as they bonded over their shared distaste in traitors, battles, loves lost and nobles that don't deserve their titles. But that sheer difference in station mean they aren't likely to have ever just talked and, as the King, Sigi would be on full 'I'm on duty, bugger off' mode. I could see them being something akin to associates where Vicar will purposely stand closer to where Sigi is to exchange barbs on a particularly worthless noble which could have been started from Sigismund being the royal guard who is utterly loyal to his duty and does not suffer traitors in the ranks and then blossomed past greetings when Vicar found out Sigismund has a sharp wit and can make him laugh which, from the jesters, he seems quite fond of doing. Could also find Sigi's rather blunt nature refreshing to the cloak and dagger, half-truths and false smiles of court.

erzulie erzulie Mmm, I think its fair to say Castalia would never have looked twice at the lowborn royal guard. Doesn't have anything she'd want nor is there anything about him that would have attracted her attention. He'd watch her a lot tho as a princess, especially the 'ideal' princess that is in storybooks, she'd be the main character in many stories he told his daughter and gloss over any 'failings' he saw in the princess to give his daughter this 'larger then life' princess to dream about. Funny enough, I think they could get along because they both love to a good verbal jabbing, and I could see them 'not insulting but totally insulting' one another as they passed each other and just be something they have done ever since she overheard some offhand comment by him to someone else. An inside joke between two people that have nothing to offer the other. So, yeah, complete strangers or people that throw barbed words at one another when alone or out of earshot of others in a sort of childish game that is rather silly for both if they looked at it.

Whew, okay, think I got everyone in the kingdom, let me know your thoughts and two-cents on all of this.

Cosmo Cosmo love it! It's my birthday so my husband has me engaged for most of the day, but I'll definitely be throwing my more detailed cents in later lol. You're pretty much spot in with my charactes though!

I’m absolutely love that idea. I can see Castalia enjoying some verbal sparring with him from time to time. Depending on how long it’s been going on Castalia would grow fond of Sigi eventually. Despite him not having anything to offer her she’d enjoy his company. Cosmo Cosmo

spacepanda spacepanda Happy Birthday!!!! Cosmo Cosmo love it, I could see Ralf and Sigi becoming associates if one day Ralf runs into him when making his way back to his quarter one early morning. The fact that Sigi doesn’t out him makes Ralf respect him.

Colelovesrp Colelovesrp Thanks!

Cosmo Cosmo If Sigismund's relationship with King Vicar is good, ignoring his station, it does make the relationships between Amir, Ayeshaa, and Sigi easier.

Your analysis of Queen Katja is spot on. She would view him as beneath her and would not give him a second glance unless to order him to do something. The friendly relationship between him and her husband gives her a bad taste in her mouth, but the King needs someone loyal to him for protection, so she bites her tongue on the matter. It doesn't stop her from giving the guard an annoyed look from time to time though.

Amir tends to keep to himself, so he wouldn't sit and have a friendly chat with Sigismund, but he wouldn't be rude to him either. He is polite, but builds a wall around himself (they kind of both do, huh?) and only really becomes aware of the man because of the words of praise his father has spoken of him. Ralf and Amir tend to meet mostly in the library, so if Sigi were to hear or see anything accidently it probably would have been there. If he knew Sigi was aware of his relationship with Ralf he would avoid the guard completely out of nervousness. Otherwise, he likely heard about how Sigi turned in another guard and approves of the man's loyalty, but also thinks it could have been dealt with in a less violent manner. Maybe Ralf knows the guard is aware but keeps it from Amir to give the Prince peace of mind?

As far as Ayeshaa goes, the two wouldn't have come across one another too often to begin with; since age 13 she's resided and schooled in Kaleemi so she only visits for a total of about 14-16 days a year for holidays. As far as what she does when she visits, she spends most of the time with her brother and father. It's up to you if Sigi guards them or her during those visits. She always feels out of place at her home in Forella because she unnerves the staff by treating them so informally and unnerves other visiting nobles with her attitude. She probably doesn't know much about Sigi. If he was ever to guard her she would try to strike up a conversation (which you said he was likely to rebuff) so I think it's safe to say that he knows a lot more about her than she does about him.

erzulie erzulie My idea for our character relationships are, simply put, as follows:

Amir adores his younger sister Castalia, and spend times with her whenever he can. He often brings her back gifts when he has to travel away from the castle. He was a bit jealous of her when younger for all the attention she got from the Queen, but that has mostly passed. He has never shown her this though and has always treated her with the utmost love.

Queen Katja has raised her daughter to be the perfect princess. She has great pride in her daughter but is constantly chastising her for not trying hard enough. Regardless, Castalia is probably the only person in the castle the Queen actually cares about.

Ayeshaa's relationship with her younger sister is a bit strained. While Ayeshaa loves Castalia, she worries for her future. She sees how the Queen has raised her and is concerned that one day Castalia will become just like her mother. Because of this, unlike with most people, Ayeshaa is more reserved with her.

spacepanda spacepanda I like the idea of Amir not knowing that Sigi knows and Ralf keeps that information from him. Adds a bit of spice and drama to the situation. Be one of those things where is it right to protect the one you love from anxiety or is it better to be honest with them despite the consequences which can always be fun.

Mm, I don't want him to have ever been a personal guard. He would likely have turned down those postings as it would require him to stay in the palace for extended periods and he'd rather be with his family then the small
broom closet room he has in the castle. I think him knowing more about her then she him fits rather well since in her short stays she has far more to preoccupy her time with then that one guard her dad likes more then the others whilst a large part of his job is to just watch them.

Although, I think I may have to have personal guard service forced on him near the start of the RP. Force him to tag along with one of the royals of either family, stay in the castle where the action is with only seldom visits home.. which will make him more prissy then normal.

he's a sibling, but was made a duke since Gaberial is the crown prince and it's likely that his children would be his heir which is why he was made a duke

he's a sibling, but was made a duke since Gaberial is the crown prince and it's likely that his children would be his heir which is why he was made a duke
Wait so is he another twin?

I guess you could consider him a fraternal twin. I didn't really think about it

Jess Buck Jess Buck Question since I thought the rp would start with their arrival and not after. Who was there to Greet the Scella royal family? (Since Rosaline didn't speak with Amir yet)

Last edited:
The hardest thing about starting is finding a proper dress for Castalia XD

1 2 3 can’t decide between these three.

I'm just waiting on the reply to my question so I can correctly word by post but erzulie erzulie once I do, expect Queen Katja to summon her daughter for a little chat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back