• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ARK: Survival of the Fittest (Closed)

Jack looked at the mixture rather confused for a moment, trying to figure out what it was. But seeing as Roan ate it and didn't immediately die of food poisoning it couldn't be that bad, right? Down the hatch the mix went. "Hmm," Jack scratched the side of his head as he tried to figure out what he thought of that. "It's chewy."

"Not awful.. Not bland," Roan said, giving it his judgement as well, "Could be worse. So I suppose that makes it good."

"I guess, your guess is as good as mine." Jack looked over at the parasaurs to make sure they were doing alright, but they were fine eating the berries they'd been given in strips of cloth like a short hammock. Once the two had realized that they were comparatively safer and never had to worry about being able to eat under the care of the two humans, they'd become a lot calmer and more docile, even though they'd gotten injured while escaping predators multiple times.

"Hope we unlock engrams in the morning," Jack said, stretching his arms and giving a yawn.

"No joke. Today has been slow. We could use the newer items and maybe be able to knock things out.." Roan agreed, yawning, "The sun will be down soon."

"Slow is good, means we're not in danger," Jack shrugged, "I'm gonna call it a night." He gave a wave and vanished into his hut on the structure. Finding the actual bed to be very itchy and scratchy, he put his sleeping bag down on top of it and found that more comfortable.

Roan stayed awake long enough to watch the sun set before going to his bed. Similarly to Jack, he found his new bed to be irritating and chose his sleeping bag to lay on top of it. Comfortable enough, he thought.

When morning came, the two survivors' implants woke them at dawn by buzzing to tell them they'd earned more engram points. "Huh?", Jack sat up and rolled into a sitting position to open his implant menu, "Wha.. oh..." He liked that number of points quite a bit. "Well, I think my day just got made at the ass-crack of dawn."

Roan groaned at the buzzing of his implants and looked at it through blurred eyes, "It's so early..."

He yawned and sat up, rubbing his eyes before looking again, "Woah! That's a lot of points.."

Jack stood up and stretched, giving a loud yawn and exiting the hut to come outside and look around the dawn, determining what kinds of things were in the area currently. There wasn't a sarco this morning, but Roan's pegomastax was jumping around excitedly on the deck trying to get the survivor's attention.

Roan stretched and got up, heading to make himself a breakfast, "Mornin'"

Just then he heard the strange chirp squawking coming from below, "What's he jumping all over the place for?"

Roan climbed down to the dinosaur to see what the little thing wanted, however as he got closer it darted off, "Jack, I think he wants to show us something."

Jack leaned over the edge to see. "Dammit, it's too early for this." He started down the ladder, raising his torch so he could see better in the dim dawn light as the pegomastax ran off. "Seriously?" Something that small could get through the spike wall easily, apparently, that might be a problem if there were compies or even just more pegomastax in the area.

"Come on, let's follow it.." Roan said as he got his own torch out, "Should we bring the paras?"

"We're gonna have to to keep up," Jack shook his head and went to go wake up Hardhead and Figaro, before climbing onto Hardhead's back, "We better get moving before that thing gets too far away."

Roan hopped up onto Figaro's back, racing after the pegomastax, "I really need to name that thing."

'We really need a pen to put it in," Jack replied, clicking his heels into Hardhead's sides to keep pace with Figaro and the pegomastax. The thing was leading them up the beach to the northwest, where the water was getting wider and murkier. "I've got a bad feeling about this."

"Remind me later, I'll grab the engrams for a dino pen," Roan called back. Figaro's feet feet sloshed through the water. Suddenly, they stopped. They were at the base of a hill. With the first rays of morning light finally giving the world color, Roan could finally take a look around. There where brontos and pachys and pachyrhinos.

"Where... Where the hell are we?" he asked, just then two silhouettes made an appearance at the top of the hill.

"I've already got the... pieces..." Jack looked around, trying to get his bearings. "If stuff that big walks around no problem there can't be too many predators here." It looked like a swamp, and the air was thick and humid. Jack was sweating buckets almost immediately.

Over the hill two silhouettes slowly cleared up and became more detailed, able to be better seen by the two men on parasaurs. Human, for sure, and as they became more clear, women. Smaller than Jack and Roan, and cautious. This area seemed like it was as dangerous and unfamiliar to them as it was to Jack and Roan.

"Are those... Survivors?" Roan asked, getting off Figaro to make his way closer at a cautious pace.

Meanwhile, at the top of the hill, the two woman watched carefully.

"Survivors? Or are they here to kill us too, like everything else?" The smaller of the two women asked, gripping a spear tightly.

Jack pulled his bow, cautious of these strange newcomers. He'd be lying if he wasn't glad to see another human, but under the circumstances they could be even more dangerous than the raptors if they were hostile.

"I don't know...", the larger of the two, if by very little, gripped her own spear tightly. These two had dinosaurs, they hadn't even figured out how to do that, and they looked much stronger than themselves. If the women were forced to fight they'd almost certainly lose quickly.

The pegomastax seemed to have found what it was looking for, running up and bouncing up and down around the two women, before snatching some flint from one's pockets to run back to Roan and offer it to him.

Roan picked up the pego, taking up the flint and looking at the two women, "We don't want to fight."

Vera frowned, unsure of whether or not to trust these men, "How do we know that?"

Roan tossed the flint back, "Here. Just... trust us. We have a shelter not too far from here. It's a lot safer there than here."

Vera looked over at the other woman, "What do you think?"

"If they wanted to kill us they could have done it by now," Anna was eyeing the big one in the back, with the bow, "That one's had his bow trained on us the whole time."

"We've got food, shelter, and safety," Jack added to Roan's statement, "We'll help you if you help us." But if they attacked, or proved dangerous, he wouldn't hesitate.

Vera stared, weighing her options. They were clearly more advanced than the two women were. So it wasn't unprobeable that they might have shelter. And they were bigger and probably stronger that the two.

"How would we help you?" she asked, eyeing the larger man.

"Collecting resources for starters." Roan answered.

"Anna.. It doesn't seem like we have much choice here.." She muttered.

Anna narrowed her eyes, looking the two over. She didn't think her spear could penetrate the thick hides these tw were wearing, and she doubted a slingshot stone to the head would drop them. But Vera was right, they really didn't have a choice. If they turned these two down, they would be on their own. They'd already narrrowly escaped a raptor attack at the expense of their dodos, and neither of them had engrams for building a stable shelter that could stand up to it. These two were strong enough to survive in this area, and they had shelter.

Turning them down meant turning security down, and making their presence known to another group that might become a massive threat in the future. "We'll come with you," Anna said, "But if you try anything funny-"

"Wouldn't dream of it," Jack interrupted, "We've got may more important things to worry about." Like that enormous snake slithering along that even the paras failed to notice unil it struck at the pegomastax on Roan's shoulder, and missed.

Roan yelped in surprise as a pair of teeth and a long heavy slithering body shot past his head. Whistling, He called for Figaro to attack it. A few quick shots to the slower beast ended it pretty quickly, but not quickly enough. Soon after the snake dropped dead, the parasaur passed out.

"Figaro!" Roan gasped, going to it. Over the last few days, he had learned that the white berries they had helped with energy. Stuffing a few into Figaro's mouth was enough to get him standing again, though now tired.

"Like that maybe?" Vera asked, gesturing to the dead snake.

"Uh, yeah," Jack nodded, giving Hardhead a click in the sides to do that thing where it detected hostiles. There were a lot of pulsing red circles in the swamp around them. "Roan, we need to go, yesterday." He reached down to offer one of the girls a hand onto the back of Hardhead while Roan roused his parasaur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back