• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ARK: Survival of the Fittest (Closed)

"I didnt," Roan said, showing that his implant was still firmly stuck in his wrist, "This just looks the same. I dont know what it is."

"Maybe its in your inventory," Vera suggested. Roan nodded, doing as suggested and looking into his inventory to find the thing.

Inside Roan's inventory, right next to the Specimen Implant was another item, labeled Respawn Medallion, with the flavor text that briefly described that if the wearer died, they would be able to respawn at a bed.

"Respawn medallion," Roan read, "Huh. That's cool. If I die I can come back to a bed."

"Well that would have been useful a couple weeks ago," Jack noted, "Does it do anything else?"

"Do we need it to?", Anna asked, "It's a doohickey that means you can't die! Why aren't we looking for more of these?"

"Guess we find them in the purple crates," Roan said, "We know where to find them."

"We should probably use the birds for that, anyway," Anna agreed, "Let's get keratin so you can make saddles today, and then tomorrow you, me, and Vera can go hunting for purple crates." She looked at Roan, "You don't mind, right?"

"Good," Anna smiled, "What drops keratin?"

"Trikes drop a little, stegos, ankies, and carbos drop more." Jack rattled off the dinos he knew off the top of his head that keratin could be carved from.

"Probably anything with horns or spikes," Vera guessed, "So you could always try that."

"Good idea," Roan agreed, "We can try that."

jack nodded, "Why don't we take the wolves for that?", he asked, "See what they can do." He looked over at where Janus had flopped over trying to cool off from all that running earlier, "Once Janus has had a breather, that is."

"It'll put meat on the table, too," Anna added, "Apparently to solve our food problems we just have to go looking for something else animals drop."

Roan chuckled, "It works, right?"

"Aren't you gonna focus on metal?" Vera reminded, "It might be best to focus on one thing at a time, really."

"About that," Anna scratched the back of her head, "There's not really a safe way we can move any dinos through the woods to the closest place we found metal."

"We figured if we used the argies, we'd be able to fly right over trouble," Jack explained, "But to do that, we need saddles for them, and in order to modify a pteranodon saddle for them, we need a lot of keratin so I can make the saddles in the first place." Add to that that a pteranodon saddle probably won't have the full functionality of the intended argentavis saddle, and this was just a temporary solution for a problem they had no other way around.

"Take the spino?" Vera suggested, "I mean, do what you want but it might take all night for you to get the stuff for a saddle."

Jack raised an eyebrow at the 'do what you want', sensing for once a social cue that something was off. "I mean, this is the path of least resistance the opens the most doors."

Anna "Nope!"d right out of that mess and went to go take stock of what they had and what they needed so they'd have a better shopping list when they went hunting.

"Clearly you're not fine," Jack shook his head, "If you were you wouldn't be pissed."

"Go away, Assbones," She muttered, earning a snicker from Roan, who decided to join Anna, "Oh boy, she's not happy."

"You're still mad about that?", Jack groaned, "There's bones in the ass, therefore you can hurt your ass bone! When Anna broke her leg she hurt her leg bones! Same thing!"

"LEAVE ME OUT OF THIS BONEHEAD!"

Vera glared at him, "I will slap the hell out of you."

Roan snorted, listening as the smaller woman threatened the beast of a man.

Jack chose possibly the worst moment to question what a word they'd been using a lot was. "What does hell even mean?"

"Now he's done it," Anna sighed.

Vera stood quickly, slapping the taller man in anger, "You are so infuriating!"

She immediately marched to her hut. The baby raptors following after her. Roan couldn't help but burst out laughing at the situation.

There was surprising force behind Vera's slap, despite being almost a foot shorter than Jack she sent him stumbling directly into Hardhead's hard head. It was like getting slapped twice. "Ow." There was a brightening red mark in the shape of Vera's hand on the side of his face when he righted himself.

"Dumbass," Anna chuckled.

Tears came to Roan's eyes as he laughed, doubled over in the dirt, "Oh my god thats hilarious!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back