• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Are you tired of sipping Crab Coladas? (Pirate RP) (Always Open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ghauznud Otes
Weapons Wing

Ghauz did lunge for Fergie's sword, her snapping prosthetic bringing him back to reality completely. As he dove for it though, he looked up to see a heavy axe barreling towards his face an-
Crrrncchg! Ghauz fell on Fergie, all effort in his attack abandoned. Well, not abandoned.........snuffed out in brutal fashion. The axe was lodged into his face, shattering his entire skull vertically and ending his run in one fell swoop. The gentle gore of spurting blood was the only sound in this hall now. Ghauznud fucked around with divinity and ended up with an axe in his face. With his Divine Favor and Holiness gone, he was a normal mortal. No need for burning his corpse. He burned the bridge when he decided to aid a demon.

The reality of battle always set in when magic was removed. What could've been extended for like 5 more minutes turned into 10 seconds when you're looking at a magic-less fight between mortals. After all the jumping around and cool flashy spells, you're still vulnerable to an axe to the face. Crazy thing was that if Ghauz kept his cool, Fergie was in prime position to stomp her spine and shatter it.

----------------------------

Lockdown Rescinded

The alarms turned off, doors opened again and out-stepped Adonis. He leisurely strolled down the hall and foot-poked Ghauz's lifeless body before levitating the body off Fergie's. The Basenji Captain held out his blade and the dripping blood and pooled blood all flowed into his blade. "Excellent work. 2 rats down. Ghauznud was a strong man, as it looks like you two found out. Shame he had to bare his fangs to my crew." He looked at the disheveled duo post battle. "I guess I've learned my lesson in letting a demon like Baroness free aboard the ship." He shrugged nonchalantly, as if this entire thing was a slight inconvenience. For him, the captain, it kind of was. It wasn't like HIS life was just on the line
WayfaringWaaksian WayfaringWaaksian

If Ghauz got a hold of her sword, Fergie was done for. It was why she obeyed Bogrum's call and restrained herself from propelling herself at him with one leg. What good would that have done, getting herself impaled on her own sword? That would have been insult to injury, in her already embarrassing predicament.
Hot blood spilled on her face, then all over her clothes (again) when Ghauz's limp body toppled over her. The sudden weight pushed a pained wheeze out of her lungs. "Heavy. Help."

An axe blade in the skull was a pretty good indication that the guy was dead. Bogrum's haste had to have been in response to whatever pathetic sounds she was making, she surmised, feeling his heavy footfalls approach. Adonis beat him to it when he lifted the body away, allowing Fergie the chance to ease herself up.
Wincing at the sight of her picking up the splintered part of her prosthetic, Bogrum reached out a hand.
"No!" She would have smacked it away had her other hand not been busy supporting her weight against the wall. "I'm fine."
He very clearly believed otherwise, but knew forced help would be received poorly. Sighing, he tossed Ghauz's axes next to his body, collected Fergie's short sword, and pried his own axe out in one fluid motion. He shook the blood and viscera off before settling its handle against his shoulder. "Thank you, Captain," he said in response to the praise. They were tired, hollow words. Now that they'd secured their victory, avenging the deaths of those lost due to the sabotage, there was a sense of finality about the matter. Bogrum was done.

"Goddamn."
He turned his head to Fergie. "Hm?"
"Yer arm!"
Bogrum flexed, his arm subtly shaking in place still from the shock of that Arc Lightening. Ah, yes, those were certainly some burns. Second degree, at least. His leg had fared better, thanks to his pants sleeve, but his arm's skin had been the first fuel for that Holy Fire. "I guess we're both due a visit to Dr. Laylah." To the captain, he said, "We're heading back to the Canine." The normally attached "if that'll be all" was absent for obvious reasons.

The sound of one boot hopping on the floor got his attention, where she was sliding away against the wall. "Fergie, where are you—?"
"I'm FINE!" Gritting teeth. "Sorry. Just... done this b'fore."
"Let's just wait for Evangeline."
The mere suggestion made her hiss. "Would rather lose me other leg."
He didn't grace that with a response, instead looking to Adonis in a silent plea. A "please get us over to the ship so she'll stop being insane” plea.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Last edited:
Captain Asmund Adonis
Weapons Wing Hall

"Evangeline is on cloud nine after having killed Baroness," Adonis responded. "I don't like to fuck with Evangeline when she's in a good mood." To date, this is the only time they've witnessed Evangeline in a good mood. It was understandable then why Adonis had reservations around interacting with the angel. Bitter Evangeline was the normal Evangeline
"Adonis to Laylah."
"♬ Here ♬"
"We got Fergie and Bogrum here who took down a rat. I want priority treatment. We got Holy Fire burns and potential Paralysis from Arc Lightning."
"Those sound serious indeed." Laylah's voice dripped with concern. "I'll be there in 2 seconds."

Literally 2 seconds after the cut off, Laylah appeared from the ceiling similar to how Evangeline did earlier. One look was all it took. "My......" Laylah said, looking upon the roughed up duo and then the floating corpse. "Ghauz, oh Ghauz." The words were full of sorrow. "To think you fell this far, and used your Divine Favor for nefarious purposes." The woman made a circle in the air with her finger, and it grew into a portal which showed the Medical Bay interior. "Step into the bay and we will begin treatment." The woman began walking towards the portal, beckoning for the duo to follow.
"Oh, Laylah" Adonis said, "Can you send Lostro back to the ship as well?"
Laylah froze where she was. "I will not, Captain." her voice was steeled now, and her back turned so no one could see her face. "If you want something regarding Lostrogret, it will be done through Sebas and Sebas only."
"Sheesh, my bad. Thought we can kill 2 birds with one stone here."
"Mozreliun walks among the crew against my will," Laylah responded with a calm composed anger about her. "You stripped that child's Ascension away from her. You know I will never forgive you for that, so do not ask me about Lostrogret again." With that, Laylah walked into the portal back to the Medical Bay, immediately getting back to her chirpy cheery demeanor interacting with the other patients.

"Geez, I can't keep up with everyone's emotions around here," Adonis sighed with a shake of his head. This foolishness was apparent when he asked an angel to assist a demon, as if he didn't just see what happened to last holy man who assisted a demon. "Alright you two. Get treatment before you get paralyzed." He passed Bogrum an orb. "This is Ghauz's soul. When Sebas goes to the Medical Bay, Give it to him and tell him it's a treat for Lostro." A morbid treat to be feeding her souls like it's candy or something.

Last edited:
"Ah. Well." He would be remiss to deprive the Enforcer of her one solace on this ship.
Besides, Fergie was clearly relieved, sighing and muttering, "Thank gods."
As fed up they were with being stuck in the Medbay, Dr. Laylah was a welcome sight over anyone. Fergie wouldn't meet her or anyone's gaze, while Bogrum gave the doctor an apologetic look. Readmitted not 3 hours after their release? The two were regulars at this point.

After yet another display of how out of touch Adonis was with his own crew (at his admittance, at least), they were granted with the first time they ever saw Laylah angry. Aside from after Evangeline exposed her angelic status to the two (and the handful of times Fergie annoyed her by whittling in the sickbeds), Bogrum got the impression that she was holding back more here, her words tempered. And what decent person wouldn't be? Even this band of pirates he found himself among considered the whole matter highly objectionable. Hardly known for their moral laurels, but raising a child from the dead and tying her soul with an evil spirit was just too far for them, even.

Speaking of whom, Bogrum put on his shades before crossing the portal. No word that she left the Canine, and even though it was a Holy Safezone, he got the feeling it wouldn't matter should Lostro decide to pay them a visit. When he checked to make sure Fergie was doing the same, he caught her attempting to balance on one leg. She was doing a good job of it, but when she was clearly calculating the distance and force she'd need to hop across, it was time to intervene. Good thing he knew her trigger phrase.
"Don't make me carry you, Fergie."
Between being hoisted off her feet and paraded through the medbay, or planting her face on the deck as soon as she hopped through the portal, Fergie quickly surmised that the least embarrassing of the three would be to lean on Bogrum for support. Biting that bullet, her free hand allowed Bogrum's to guide her through. But first...

"Uh." Bogrum stared at the orb that was set in his hand, glowing a soft blue against his calloused skin. A... treat? Didn't Lostro hate the taste of souls? Ah, like hell Adonis knew the difference between her and Mozza. He caught a glimpse of Fergie's face here, horror in her widened eyes. As for Bogrum himself... "Yes Captain," he said with a shrug, dropping the soul in one of his pockets.

In the Medbay

"So we're just handin' out snacks for that demon? As if he ain't bullshit strong already?"

Bogrum didn't like the idea of it either, a strained look adding worry marks on his face, but replied, "I'm not going against orders on behalf of a traitor."
"Fair, but still. Fucked up, for one, and careless as hell."
"Careless, yes. But I don't know. Seems fitting for someone using the power of good for evil."
"Power of good?!" The sound that came out of her mouth bordered between a bewildered laugh and a disdainful scoff. "Listen to yourself! Holy don't mean good. Take our beloved Enforcer. 'Holy' be just another damn excuse to—"
"Fergie!" He admonished in a whisper-yell, genuinely appalled at her. "Seriously? Here, of all places?"
"Er..." Teeth gritting in a nervous grimace, her eyes darted over to where Laylah had moved to. "Right. Sorry."
He sighed. They needed to have a talk about this. Among a few other things, but it would have to wait until after their respective treatments.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

(Nice for remembering that Lostro hates the taste of souls)

Dr. Laylah Halliet the Guardian
The Canine- Medical Bay

So much to do, so little time! The angel was overworked to the Nines, caring for all of these fickle but ultimately good-at-heart pirates. So poor a life to turn to something like a life of crime when the alternative was a frozen coffin the moment winter came around. Almost every single pirate on this ship had some sort of bounty and while that was their own problem to work out, Laylah would provide them the means to go legit and live a prosperous life. Of course, her track record for pirates that ultimately made it out was less than 10%, but that was better than not bothering and having everyone die an early death

Fergie, Fergie. Rowdy as always. Never change, Laylah thought as she laid eyes on the duo. It was a massive shame that Ghauz had to use his Divine Favor for nefarious purposes. It supported Fergie's sentiment that Holy was not good. While she should be offended at the words, Ghauz using his for evil as well as Evangeline's general demeanor wouldn't allow Laylah the luxury of arguing with her. Such a distrust of the Divine Holy should have her branded as a heretic, but looking at the circumstances, she couldn't blame anyone for having wavering faith. Evangeline had the interests of the Holy Gods at heart, but she couldn't blame anyone for their outlook on her, something that they couldn't even express without getting a neat little Ordination of Misfortune for their trouble

Anyways, Arc Lightning and Holy Fire burns. Quite serious indeed. "You can remove your shades. I get the pleasure of striking Mozreliun down if he comes anywhere near my Medical Bay." This was sanctified grounds. Not only would stepping foot in it befoul those grounds, but since Lostro's influence delayed healing and her Gorgon Stare killed all who looked at her without a filter, Laylah's Provocation would activate if Lostro came within 20 feet of the Medical Bay. It is a cliche that the psuedo-pacifist is the strongest, and this RP is no different. Laylah could see Borgum's shaking that came with the lightning. Ghauz did a number on him, but nothing she couldn't take care of fairly soon. "You shouldn't have to go into Stasis, but burns and paralysis are 2 different treatments," Laylah explained. "Fergie is in no danger of either so her treatment should be quick. Prosthetic and Earth affinity got you off easy." But to Bogrum......... "That means that we will be getting acquainted yet again, Bogrum." She had to treat the aftermath of both. It seems like the orc man and danger were pretty close as a couple. "Do you have another prosthetic to make use of, Fergie?"

(Would have posted this yesterday, but internet crapped out and I had to use my phone to text everything in, rip me)

The doctor’s reassurance that all was well inside the Medbay was enough for them, so they removed their shades. Lostro would have to wait quite some time to have that second visit with him, Bogrum thought, especially upon hearing what time his treatment could end up taking. He withheld a sigh, but Fergie displayed plenty of displeasure for the both of them. “Goddamn. Can’t catch a break, can ye?”
“I’m not waiting at death’s door again, so I can’t complain.” Well, he certainly could all he wanted, but he didn’t want to expend the energy. Plus, he didn’t want to give the false impression that he was ungrateful, even though plenty of pirates complained at having to rest in bed rather than share drinks after a plundering. It wasn’t unique to pirates, either. Fellow soldiers back in his army were the exact same way. And the medics tasked with keeping their stubborn asses in bed? A lot less polite about it than Dr. Laylah. Maybe she really was the saint her Holiness status claimed her to be. Patience was a virtue, and this woman was a shining example.

When the doctor made mention of her predicament, Fergie cast her eyes away once more. “No,” she answered plainly. Any spares she kept had been lost for good after her banishment to Dead Man’s Isle, and she hadn’t gotten around to making a new one since. It’s not exactly like she had the time to spare, with this busy Basenji schedule, because it wasn’t just a simple pegleg. Her leg cut off after the first few inches of her thigh, so her prosthetic was a more complex mechanism with joints and full range. A project like that could take well over a week for the wood structure alone, and that was if she hadn’t been a raid captain. For the lichen to take hold in the wood and grow, then to grow and fuse with her leg, that could be an even longer progress.
It seemed like Fergie would be stuck with whatever the doctor could lend her for a while, but Bogrum asked, “Did you make that yourself?” He’d been curious for a while, but it felt rude to ask.
“Aye. Takes a long-ass time, though.”
“Maybe I can help? I’m good with that sort of thing.” His work had mostly been with war machines, not medical equipment, but how different could they be on a basic level? Wood was wood.
“Uh...” She shook off her minute surprise. “You got your own shit. Don’t worry ‘bout it.”

Bogrum would worry about it regardless, but now he had a different question. “Dr. Laylah, I’m sorry if this pressing a sensitive matter for you, but do you know why Ghauz would do this?” It also felt rude to ask, but he couldn’t rest without trying to make sense of everything. “What could his motive have been?” He went on in a weary tone, “I want to know what we could have done different to prevent all of this.”
“We” being he and Fergie specifically. The raid had been the main target of sabotage, so he was left to wonder what could have incited this attack from within their own numbers.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Medical Bay

"With no prosthetic, that won't do," she said. "We need you two out of here and ready ASAP. We're closing in on the ruin location." If Fergie wasn't out by then, she'd be left out of the ruins excursion and, knowing Fergie, she'd feel like a burden. "I have something I could loan you." She disappeared for a bit and came back with another prosthetic. This one was Dwarven tech. They had plenty. Pirates using prosthetics were extremely common on this ship. This piece of tech would be better in a lot of cases...........IF Fergie didn't have a full magic connection with the one she made. Plus, since she made it, it was tailored to her form factors. With that in mind, this would get the job done, but it would be clunky in the meantime and her agility would be cut in half. "I can loan you this one. It will get it done, but I recommend getting the wooden one done ASAP. Think of this one as a one-size version of your prosthetic." Heavier and while it could catalyze magic, it could do so with only a fourth the effectiveness of Fergie with her own hand-made one

"Once you get your new one made, bring it back in so I can triplicate it. Then I can give you a spare and have a third to keep here." Had you asked about prosthetics earlier, I would have a spare to give you, Laylah thought, beating herself up a bit. She should learn her patients better

"Miss Laylah, I made you more Holy Water." It was Orabelle, strolling up with a bucket of crystal clear Holy Water
"Thank you, Orabelle," Laylah responded pleasantly and conjured another bucket. This child was a life-saver. "Now I want you to allocate some of this for Fergie and Bogrum to wash their wounds."
Ora poured half the water into a bucket and passed one over to them both. "There you go!" she said politely with a nod to them both. "Wash well." she scurried off to help another patient. With Sebas pre-occupied with Lostro and his duties as captain, Ora was feeling neglected, an issue that Laylah would certainly bring up with Sebas when he arrived
Laylah passed Fergie a paralysis stim shot. As usual, it would need to be injected. "I need you both to wash where you were burned. Then Fergie, since you're of Earth Affinity, that paralysis stim should be enough for you." Then to Bogrum. "For you, I will need to take some scans to ensure that the lightning didn't cause any nerve damage." I don't know if I can count on NO damage. Hopefully manageable, the doctor thought

While they washed their respective wounds, Laylah decided to answer the question Bogrum had. "Ghauznud felt highly disrespected by Adonis. 'The Boy who Runs the Training Grounds' is a title bestowed unto him as punishment by Adonis," Laylah explained. So that title was deliberate. Lostro was speaking what she was taught to say. "Reduced from the title of man to the title of boy, and that enforced among the crew by official order, it stripped him of any respect he had among the crew." A clear-cut case of linger public humiliation. No longer able to be addressed as a man, stripped of his stature as a warrior, and shoved into a box that the actual warriors use. "Why would such a warrior who almost took out 2 raid captains run the training ground sitting at a console all day? A warrior valued for his LEAST warrior-esque skill in Sanctified Holy Field." Laylah shrugged sorrowfully.

"Ghauznud always sought the counsel of Evangeline and I, as well as the Priest. Evangeline taught him Arc Lightning and Holy Fire. The Priest taught him the Ordination of Flames. I taught him Sanctified Holy Field, and his God bestowed onto him his wolves and blessed his axes." Even Evangeline respected the man, the same angel who couldn't even be bothered to use their names when addressing them half the time. To reminisce on the days Ghauz spent helping in the Medical Bay, or them praying together in the chapel aboard the ship, or being there for him after they read the Last Rites to his best mate who fell in battle, it pained her and pained her deeply. "Ghauz disobeyed a direct order from Adonis during a raid. To Ghauz, that order was suicide to the team he was leading. To Adonis, that order would've secured victory with minimal casualties." Knowing Adonis and how he liked to play with the lives of his subordinates, is it any wonder why his orders would cause doubt? "Leading from the front, or leading from the middle. Rank aside, whose word is more valid in the middle of a multi-crew fleet fight?" Laylah said, wrapping all of this up. "Who is right? Who is wrong? We can only answer with hindsight. What we do know is that trustworthiness and rank are not twins."

The ruins? Damn, they both had almost forgotten during this whole shitshow. Now that said shitshow closed its curtains, they could begin planning their next mission. Assuming they'd both be out of treatment before then, that is.
Bogrum was worried for his own reasons, but Fergie's keen distress didn't alleviate until the doctor returned with a new prosthetic. As Dwarven tech, it would be clunky and heavy to lug around, but it was better than nothing. She internally smacked herself several times over as well, realizing she could have gotten spares prepared via the doctor this whole time. It never occurred to her to ask... and even if it had, she would have been reluctant to in the first place. Additional work on the already overworked doctor when all Fergie had to do was not get maimed in battle.

Though given human skin and hair when above water, the two could easily recognize Orabelle by her chiming voice and cheery attitude alone. Bogrum gave her a smile when she passed the bucket over to them. "Thank you, Orabelle."
"Aye. Thanks, lass."
While Bogrum worked on washing his wounds, Fergie jabbed the stim into her shoulder, wincing at the ebbing pain it brought. For Bogrum, either the Holy Water soothed rather than stung on contact, or he was too much of a tank to care. The man could take a broken rib and act like nothing happened, it honestly kind of scared her.

As Dr. Laylah told Ghauz's tale, things began to make a lot more sense. And a lot less sense, on top of that.
"I'm so sorry," Bogrum breathed, sensitive to her subtle hurt as she recalled Ghauz's troubles. "I had no idea it went that deep." Punished for doing right by the crew? He was never particularly a fan of Adonis, but the more he heard about his acts against the crew-- intentional or accidental-- the more he understood why Fergie's dislike of the man grew more and more open.
"A damn waste." Fergie was blunt compared to Bogrum's gentleness as she said, "If he wanted a score against Adonis, he failed. Captain acted like it was just a big inconvenience."
"As for us..." A pain manifested in his chest that he had kept buried down until now. "We lost so many good soldiers that day."

For a brief moment, Fergie wondered if she should have regretted using her last favor to get the Golden Gun treasure, but quickly reaffirmed her prior feelings. Adonis did benefit, but so did the crew. Even though he treated them like toys to throw away and break in favor of new ones, at least he paid a decent cut of the loot. It would have been more of a waste if those crewmates had died over nothing. "Killin' the folks he lost respect over savin'? I won't forgive that."
"Neither can I. But maybe he felt disrespected by the people who ought to be singing his praises," Bogrum suggested. "Granted, it was a mandated order to strip him of his honor, but... I can only imagine the pain it brought, feeling mocked by allies."
Grudgingly, Fergie felt like she could understand that. It was an ominous situation, made even more foreboding when she thought about their upcoming mission against an ancient army. She could easily see herself in that very position, ordered to send her own crew to their deaths at the benefit of an already rich, immortal captain. "I'd die 'fore letting me own lose their lives, just to fill someone's coffers," she said with conviction. "I can respect him for that."

"But you're right. There is no excuse for what he did." People died over another man's selfish ambitions. How did that make him any better than Adonis? Bogrum supposed Ghauz's god would judge him accordingly. And they would, because Mozza was not getting that soul. Bogrum pulled the orb out of his pocket, displaying it to the doctor. "Ghauz's soul. Adonis wanted to send him to join Lostro's Leigon." He shrugged. "Personally, I was going to let Sebas decide on his fate. But as his Guardian, that seems more your right than anyone else's."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Dr. Laylah Halliet
Medical Bay

Laylah felt a spark of anger when Bogrum brandished Ghauznud's soul. "Is he serious?" she murmured, taking the orb. Her words itched with a feeling she hadn't felt in a long time. A will for violence. Granted, it was a sucker punch so hard he'd vomit on the spot, and not violence utilizing a sword, but violence nonetheless. It actually felt........awful. Enacting violence against a demon one thing, but Adonis was an enigma. He had both Holy and Unholy influences about him. The only other person on this ship like that was Sebas, and even that was because Sebas's influences were Orabelle/Goddess Marianna, and Lostrogret/Mozreliun. Take those two away and Sebas was a normal human. Adonis was bona fide True Neutral, seeming aligned with neither due to dealing with both. She could easily see Sebas separately from the Holy/Unholy influences. Adonis was not so easy, so her wanting to Sparta Kick him off the ship kind of grinded against her morals as his presence in general grinded against her judgement of him. But still......... "Without consulting his Guardian, Adonis wants to feed it to Lostrogret? How unpleasant......" "What a BASTARD!!" is what Laylah actually wanted to say/scream. ".......Lostrogret doesn't even like eating souls." Since Lostro and Mozza were inhabiting the same body, maybe Adonis didn't know/care about differences, but it still goes to show that he's willing to feed an ancient demon another soul.

With Bogrum showing her and letting her make the decision on what to do with it, it is certainly aiding a demon to willingly feed it to Lostro. She'd be stripped of her wings. "Ghauznud isn't allowed to Ascend." Being stripped of Divine Favor is as good as being excommunicated. He wasn't going anywhere pretty. With a sigh, Laylah began to glow. "Order!" she declared loudly. Her wings flared out and she glowed a cornea-burning white light about her. "Ghauznud Otes! For the actions of betraying the trust of the Gods who have graciously granted you divine favor, as well as actions of treason against the crew you swore your life to, your soul is to Descend into Judecca of the Frozen Lake Cocytus. Our God is merciful to nonconformists, but traitors are not to be forgiven." A frozen hell awaited Ghauznud, as his soul orb turned from a crystal blue to a black and melted onto the floor, which disappeared upon contact with the floor.

Laylah didn't care if the entire Medical Bay realized she was an angel at this point. Surely the fact that she sentenced the rat to burn in hell, along with the fact that she had been healing their asses for years would offset their distrust of angels sown by Evangeline. Oh well, the secret's out. I'm tired of hiding after doing it for years, Laylah thought. She couldn't just store that soul to sentence later. It needed to be done immediately, especially if Mozreliun was on the prowl. "This was the right thing to do. Ghauznud knew the risk." Even so, it was hard to shake the feeling of sorrow that drifted over her. The right thing to do wasn't always without pain

This show of power, enormous wings sprouting in a dazzling display of white, Ghauz's soul being commanded to Descend past the floors below, was sure to turn heads in the Medbay. Ah, just as well. Those rumors among the crew about her Divinity status were starting to get out of hand.

Though neither Bogrum nor Fergie could say they would miss the man who betrayed them, the air between them was very solemn. "Better to atone for one's sins properly, than to be used as a puppet to sow more destruction in mortals," Bogrum agreed. While his head hung low, Fergie looked up at him. Her generally narrowed pupils seemed rounder here, awed at his words. As tempting it was to tease him about his prior feelings, it was better to keep that between the two of them. She had a feeling Dr. Laylah wouldn't take too well to hearing, "And here I thought dooming him to a demon was atonement enough, ey Bogrum?".
What she would instead say was, "Then let this serve as an example for us all. It ain't worth the risk. Hell awaits traitors, one way 'r another." Though she couldn't help but wonder. Despite dedicating his life to the Divine Holy, living for alleged good and for the betterment of the crew, Ghauz's one misdeed of giving tribute to a demon to betray said crew was enough to undo all of that and send him to a frozen hell for eternity. It was a big one, yes, but still just one. Was it the misdeed itself, or the ill change of heart? They said that the path to hell was paved in good intentions. So that meant... gods, when Fergie died, she could only imagine what kind of hell she'd Descend to. Assuming her lack of religious standing didn't just spit her out into the Spirit Seas.

Thankfully diverting her thoughts, Bogrum asked of the doctor, "After you've ran those tests and Sebas makes his rounds here, can Fergie and I have a place to talk privately?" As for why after, he explained, "It'll take a while."
"Uh oh. What am I in trouble for this time?"
"Better question, what aren't you in trouble for?" Smiling and shaking his head, he said more seriously, "Just logistics for the upcoming mission." Which was a lie. Logistics would be talked with Sebas when that came. Meanwhile, there were a few things on his mind that couldn't be put on the back burner. Fergie wasn't wrong to ask if she was in trouble, because as far as he was concerned, they both were.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Medical Bay

"I guess I'm here now." The words of Sebas rang throughout the Medical Bay. "All the rats have been exterminated," he declared. Laylah couldn't tell when Sebas had entered, but maybe it was while she was sentencing Ghauznud's soul to the Frozen Lake. She could usually sense the presence of anyone who entered, but for some reason she couldn't sense his. Was it Lostro's influence? Sebas DID drink and bathe in holy water as requested before coming here but-
The angel's thoughts were shattered when he was suddenly in front of her, making her jump. CLEARLY she wasn't paying attention. "I was told to come grab Ghauz's soul, but it looks like you sentenced him to a less dangerous fate, dangerous to us that is," he told her, though her startled stammering was all he got for a moment. "Thank you for doing what should have been done. If there's heat, I'll take it." I'm embarrassing myself here, Laylah thought and forced herself to catch her composure. "Thank you. If there are any more souls to sentence, please bring them in too." she nodded her thanks and then jumped into explaining the damage to Fergie and Bogrum.

It reminded her. Ora was here and Sebas probably didn't know. She came without either him or Elaina. "Orabelle! Sebas is here!" she called.
Sebas's furrowed brow confirmed her suspicion. Lostro was top priority. "Orabelle was here? I thought she was with Elaina."
"She came to me wanting to learn how to purify water."
"She already knows how to purify and sanctify water," Sebas said immediately. Sharp, Laylah thought. Guess she was wrong to believe that Sebas wasn't paying attention
It wasn't a lie though. It was the reason Ora gave her. "So why would a child come to someone other than her parents?"
Sebas sighed. ".......when the parents are neglecting their duties," he finally said, "I know, I know. Lostro and leader shit was taking up all my time. You know I can't have Ora around her."
"Yes, yes. Be that as it may, Sebas, Orabelle is effectively your daughter. You can't go neglecting her for too long." Laylah scolded. You had this same problem with Lostrogret before. It's not like you to repeat issues. But....... "But she's been a huge help and the patients love her. Why not let her work here with me if you can't have her with you?" With Laylah never able to have her own children while a human, Ora was a very welcome presence.

Ora came scurrying out, happy to see Sebas, evident by her happily jumping into his arms. "Hey Ora," Sebas greeted her, a genuine smile splayed across his face. "Sorry if I've been ignoring you. Lostro is heading back to the main ship in a minute."
"Thank Marianna she's leaving," Ora said with relief, not even bothering to address the apology. It seemed immediately forgiven. "What a scary girl."
"Laylah says you're a huge help," Sebas said, letting her down. "Then you can become the doctor's right hand."
The girl's eyes lit up. "REALLY!?" she exclaimed.
"Of course of course. You and doc can talk about it. I need to talk to Fergie and Bogrum." Sebas shooed the girl away with the head angel in charge

Sebas Deadeye
Medical Bay

With the rats taken down, Lostro about to leave, the execution reports written, they could finally close this case. Sebas was sleep deprived and he just wanted rest at this point. "Great work," he said to the two. They looked roughed up. Ghauz was a formidable foe indeed. "From Fatimah's analysis, it looks like Ghauznud was the mastermind behind these attacks. One more rat was found aboard the Caboose and put down. That's the last of them." The Caboose was the 3rd ship that's barely gotten any mention in this RP since both Fergie and Bogrum were aboard the Canine. The Caboose wasn't its name. It was just the position of the ship, behind the Basenji Main Ship. "With that, Adonis said that there will be a shakeup of roles when it's time to explore the ruin." Typical Adonis, always wanting to shake shit up for little to no reason. It was why Elaina, the scout was sent down under the waves to be a fucking healer. With Ghauz's betrayal seeming like an inconvenience to him, it makes sense then that he would start trying to issue orders to the duo
"But I heard your request to Laylah. When Doc gives you the green, you both need to report to me ASAP. TOGETHER. We're revealing the ruin soon." That meant it would give Fergie a day or two of adjustment to her new prosthetic until she could get her hands on a new one.

Dr. Laylah jumping at the sight of anyone, let alone Sebas, got an odd look from both of them. This nasty business with Ghauz must be really taking a toll on her. But at least Sebas was approving of the whole thing. Bogrum supposed it would have been fine giving it to him as ordered. Ah, hindsight.

During the exchange between Sebas and Laylah, Fergie frowned. Indeed, she hadn't seen Orabelle with Elaina when she talked to the latter. But why would he be confused at her being in the Medbay? It was the safest place on the ship from Lostro. When she gave them the Holy Water, Fergie sort of assumed Sebas sent her here preemptively as a safeguard. To think that it hadn't been his first thought after all... chaffed her a bit? Don't judge 'til you get kids.

The subject of Lostro came up, Orabelle giving her very frank opinion of whom. Fergie's mind immediately replayed the gorgon girl prodding Duradel's beaten body as if he were a dead animal. "Eh, I dunno," she said mostly to Bogrum, bearing a grin. "I like the lass."
Meanwhile, Bogrum's mind was replaying the final seven moments of the poor fool who got his soul stolen and his body turned to stone. "She's... certainly unique."

Finally, some good fucking news

Was it really over? Thank gods for that. The two could finally breathe sighs of relief, knowing that things were back in order again. Closure for the mission that had almost become a disaster, and for the crewmates who died despite their efforts.
Though Fergie's sigh of relief quickly became a growl of annoyance. "Seriously? Again?"
"Again?" Bogrum was too new to understand the implications.
"Aye, again! He likes to switch up roles at the worst damn times."
"Well..." Bogrum didn't like playing devil's advocate, but it made sense to him. "Considering that we lost some of the more distinguished people here, there's new roles to fill."
"Yeah, yeah, I know. It'd be fine if he didn't do a shit job of it."
He was ready to chastise her for the blatant disrespect against Adonis, but he couldn't entirely blame her. Though he'd overheard a little about the fiasco that occurred with Elaina being tasked as a healer, he mostly still wondered why the hell Adonis would promote an inexperienced, physically unwell stranger to a position of authority. Only a handful of days after picking up his malnourished ass, and almost on the day of his medical treatment being completed, he was sent out to the fight. It was very strange to him.
And... there was already a pattern, he noticed. In the Medbay yet again, but he was going to be sent out on yet another mission as soon as his treatment here finished. "Taking a break" wasn't really in Bogrum's vocabulary, but the thought of constantly being injured and being put on missions before he had any time to process what had happened... gods, it made him tired just thinking about it. Then best not to think about it, he thought.

"Does that mean we'll be given new roles too?" Raiding a rival ship wasn't on the same caliber as raiding a castle guarded by an army.
"Guess we'll find out," Fergie said, suppressing yet another disgruntled noise. No use in bitching about it more than once. "We'll meet ye soon as Bogrum's free. And... eh. If ye got a spare moment later, Seb, got a few things to talk about with ye." She glanced over at the orc sitting on the adjacent bed. "Soon as I'm done babysittin' Bogrum's ass."
"I never asked YOU to stay."
"You just did!"
"Oh," he said, pretending to just recall. "Right I did."
"Gods amidst..." Looking back to Sebas, she said, "I'm gonna have that talk with him now, so I can throttle 'im while no one's watchin."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Sebas Deadeye
Medical Bay

Talk to him? About what, he wondered. Guess he'd find out in the moment. Whenever she was ready, he'd be ready to hear it.
Until then....... "Let's go, Ora," he called. To make up for his transgression as pointed out by Laylah, he'd have to do something for her. Get her an expensive fish to eat or something. He was slowly growing used to this cute child pulling off this visceral animal gore every time she ate. Sleep would come later and he wanted to full blown hibernate. "I want you to tell me all about the things you did while here." He felt dumb for not thinking about putting her here with Laylah earlier. The safest place on the ship would keep her out of danger in the easiest way possible..........and limit her
"Coming!" Ora came running out with her staff in hand, no longer dressed in scrubs

He yawned, glad all of this nonsense was over. It wasn't just him being strained in all this. Fergie and Bogrum obviously, but also Ash pulling massive overtime keeping up with the troops and Elaina pulling overtime investigating on her own, as well as juggling responsibility as pretty much the ship's sonar. He was sweaty and sticky, his mind going static. As the day started drawing to a close, he would announce to the crew that this investigation was done so they can do what they did best: Have a pint or 10 after this time of being on edge, having Evangeline's blade to their throats, interrogated harshly under the threat of death, and then Lostro coming aboard the ship. Sebas had no plans to drink this evening though
"Work hard?"
"I did," she replied, her own exhaustion showing in her face all at once with that question, "I'm exhausted but at least I could help Dr. Laylah and the crew."
"Let's head out." Ora took his hand and they made their exit. "We'll grab a bite. Anything you want as a reward."

A barrier was thrown up around Fergie and Bogrum. It was the same kind as before, the one that made the area inside entirely private. This left Fergie and Bogrum to their own devices. Laylah was off helping another patient

"Phooo..." After breathing that massive sigh, Bogrum shook his head. He'd been putting on that face for a while, now it was time to be serious. "I think you and I can both agree that could have gone a lot better."
"You're damn right, it could have!" Fergie exclaimed. "Good gods, that went so bad! We were fucked!" Adonis and Sebas had said they did well, and while it didn't feel disingenuous, it wasn't to say it went without a hitch. Ghauz was dead, as ordered, but it had been too close of a call for their comfort.
"Had it not been for Evangeline, we might have been," Bogrum said, finding the very concept disturbing. "I have to admit, her interference was... fortuitous." She had claimed she wouldn't interfere, but how exactly was swooping in and stripping Ghauz of his edge in battle not?
"Aye, of course she came down to save the day! Last second, just to prove me a liar. Ain't never hearin' the end of that one, for goddamn sure!"
Eh, he wouldn't put it past her. But still... wait. "Is that why you're so upset with her?" It did strike him as strange when Fergie was badmouthing the Holy. They had just almost been killed by Ghauz, after learning that his treachery had killed many of their own already, but she was still quicker to bring up her grudge against the aloof angel than the overtly hostile rat. That, and she hadn't been protesting Evangeline's presence until after the fight.
"When am I not? Who ain't?" A scoff. "Would be me pleasure to get into the nitty-gritty. So long 's I don't wake up broke and with a nail in me foot again."
"You're embarrassed."
He got stunned silence in response at first. Then... she was much less stunned. Bored, actually, giving him a flat look. "No, Bogrum. I ain't embarrassed."
"... You expect me to--"
"I'm fucking HUMILIATED, that's what!" Hands gripping her hair in a fit, her eyes bored into the floor below. "Just had to open me stupid mouth, didn't I? Stuffed me with a humble pie of me own damn words, she did!"
Now it was Bogrum's turn to be a little stunned. A very forthcoming admittance, on her part. "Well, I have to doubt she waited last minute to strip Ghauz's Favor just to prove you wrong. For one, it would have removed the element of surprise, and second..." He shuddered a bit, and not from his jolted nerves. "You didn't see the look on her face when Adonis gave her the order. Killing Baroness was the only thing on her mind."

Fergie was still at first, so Bogrum noticed her sinking deeper into her hands. "That ain't the issue."
"Oh? Then...?"
Her hands slipped away, falling onto her lap and revealing the distress all over her face. "Whether she did or didn't plan that, don't matter. Things went to hell either way. We... damn, only reason we're not dead 's 'cause she stepped in. That shouldn't be the case." Fists clenched at her sides. "We're raid captains, dammit! We're supposed to be good at this shit! What the hell happened?"
"It can be a luck of the draw regardless of performance, but..." He breathed a quiet sigh. It was a painful reality to acknowledge, but she was right. "Poor planning on our part. We should have taken more time to make sure we were ready." Though he could imagine how much worse it might have been, had he not taken the time to help Fergie sort out her feelings. Distraction kills, as she liked to say. While they were worse for wear, at least they weren't dead.
"I should've shot him," was her assessment, looking up at him. "Soon as we walked in the control room. Ended it there."
"No. We were right to not," he retorted, brows furrowing at the thought. "What if he had a safeguard in place? A magical shield? I don't know much about these things, but I do know to expect anything with magic users. If that failed, it would have started the fight right there, with Adonis in the room." Not that their immortal captain would have been in significant danger, but it was the principle of the matter. "Putting the captain in harm's way due to recklessness isn't much better than being a traitor." In his eyes, at least.
"Then..." Fergie blinked in confusion. "When should I have? Ye asked why I didn't."
"I meant when he came after you," he explained. "You were pulling out your sword. He was quick, but you could've been quicker. I've seen how you are with that gun." She was like a viper. In close quarters, Ghauz could have been shot dead in that instant. But going for the larger, heavier sword made all the difference, even if just a fraction of a second.
"Just... dumb decision. I let meself get distracted."
"And when you confronted the man who tried to assassinate you in your sleep," he continued, the connection dawning on him suddenly, "you said you stabbed him. You brought a blade when you could have brought a gun and ended it before he maimed you."

There was a rigidness to her limbs as her gaze adopted a glare. "What's that got to do with anything?!"
"Do you have a problem with using guns?"
She glared for too long of a time. "What kind of dumbass question is that? I carry guns all the damn time."
"Which you are reluctant to use over your sword." He gave as slight a shrug he could with shoulders of his size, but went on, "While there's wisdom in relying on the blade, there's a time and place."
"I don't 'rely' on me sword," she said with a bite. "I don't rely on anythin' that can be broken, taken, or kicked away. I didn't last this long 'cause I can fire a gun or stab a dickhead with a pointy thing!" A finger tapped against her temple. "Wits over weapons. That's the makings of a real pirate."
"Well, today, both of our wits failed us," Bogrum argued. "We were outsmarted with those wolves. It almost cost us our lives."
"I know." The two words were numbly issued, but that physical wince at what he said hadn't gone unnoticed.
"If Evangeline hadn't gotten involved--"
"I KNOW, Bogrum! We went over that!"
"What I'm trying to get at is--"
"I fucked up," she finished for him, seething. "I know I fucked up. I didn't THINK, went with me gut, and fucked us both over for it."
"We BOTH fucked up." He would not be misunderstood here. "We both could have done better. Don't take this all on yourself."
Fergie hissed a long breath through her teeth. "Cut the crap. Houndin' on ME about my hangups. Then when I own up to it, you're all, 'Oh Fergie, don't put all the blame on yourself! Poor thing!' The FUCK do you want from me, Bogrum?!"
"I'm sorry."

"... Eh?" Hands eased their clenching over the sheets. "Why?"
"I am hounding on you," he said with a sigh, shaking his head at himself. "That's not what you need right now."
She gave him a hardened stare. "I can take it."
"I don't want to critique you. I'm just..." It made him ill to think on it, but it needed to be said. "I know you... we pirates don't last long out here. But if we're to die, I'd rather it not be from something we could have prevented."
Fergie was silent, her face hard to read.
"And it's not just you, obviously. I dropped the ball on this one too." His careless wording that had tipped Ghauz off to the ambush came to mind. "I'm going to chalk it up to dealing with this mess right after checking out of Medbay." He was tired. She was tired. Damn, pirate's life was a drama conga line. "But we're going to have to step up our game this coming mission. We can't afford any big mistakes."
"Aye. Understood."
"And Fergie. All things considered," he tried giving a reassuring nod, "you did good out there."
That unreadable mask became... not hostile. But very stern. "You saved my ass," she said, low tone articulating her words. "You executed his ass. I think we both know who did the good job here."

The barrier flickered and dispelled in a mist of violet before Bogrum could argue. Already moving on, Fergie took the detached end of her burnt prosthetic in her hands. Paying her respects, it looked like. "'Ight. I'm gonna take this shit off and try out that hunk of metal." She gave him a hard stare. "No peekin'."
"There's a curtain."
"Oh. Uh, right."

Later...

Since Bogrum still had his tests do to, Fergie left him and the doctor to it. But not before ordering him to take a big fat nap after that all was done. His tired face could compete against Sebas's in a contest, dark rings under unfocused eyes. Stasis wasn't exactly restful, especially if you were healing from a mortal injury. It took a toll on the body just recovering from that, let alone from the near-death state Stasis put you in. So if he wanted to do well next mission like he said, he was going to have to rest up as much as possible.

She'd visit to check his progress and keep him company, but planned to leave him alone for the most part. As for herself, Fergie planned on getting wasted tonight. Not hurling-in-the-Medbay wasted, just put-your-ass-to-sleep wasted. Gods, she needed a drink, after that ordeal and a half. She hadn't allowed herself even a buzz ever since she was getting hunted. Yes, there were still people out for her blood, but now none of them were up in this isolated little spot up in the sky.

Fergie took to the halls after stopping by her quarters, putting on an outfit that wasn't bloodied and charred. That Holy Fire ruined her favorite pair of boots, and she was pissed about that. The new prosthetic was surprisingly light, but that wasn't to say it was lightweight. She just wasn't dragging the thing behind her. Still, it was unnatural, and the sync would be off for a while until her brain realized the lichen one was gone, but she would adjust quickly. Sebas was her destination, but she could encounter anyone else first during her search.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Last edited:
Sebas could be found in the mess hall with Orabelle. They were both eating, an oasis of peace compared to the rest of the place. Sebas calmly cutting a piece of meat, and Orabelle with her face bloody of fish viscera, within this orchestra of chaos blaring from the Mess Hall. The Mess Hall was bustling with activity, with the message of the exterminated rats causing cheer among the ship. Getting back to normal was the only thing on everyone's mind. With trust heavily undermined by this sequence of events, most in the mess hall were looking back and laughing at it. Music, laughter, drinking, fellowship. Maybe they could sense the duo's exhaustion because the only time they were being bothered were by the waiters and not the crewmates wanting their captain to join in the jubilee

Sebas Deadeye
Mess Hall

As Fergie came in, Sebas noticed her. It wasn't like she was easy to miss. Even moreso now without her usual prosthetic, she stuck out more and not just because of the thing's metallic look. It was also how she walked, which was like she was walking with a leg of lead. It was.......actually kind of funny to watch. Fergie had the stubbornness of a mule but she also possessed enough pride to feel self-conscious if that pride were ever undermined. A massive alteration to the body like this that would absolutely draw eyes? He wondered what she was thinking.
"Don't you dare laugh," Ora said, giving him a glare, "She fought a traitor for you. For all of us."
"Yeah yeah, and I appreciate her," Sebas brushed her off, then he leaned forward to transfer the subject of his mirth from Fergie to Orabelle. "It's hard to take you seriously with fish bones caught in your teeth."
Ora's yellow eyes widened and she suddenly looked embarrassed. "I have fish bones in my teeth?" she said, taking another bite of her whole fish. Instead of pulling the fish away, she sort of stared down at it and hid behind it a bit, chewing slowly and not raising her head. "I'm still eating. I'm gonna pick them pick them out later."
That's........adorable, Sebas thought at her sudden embarrassment. "Just teasing. Make sure you clean your face though."

When Fergie got close enough, Sebas would take initiative on the greeting. "Fergie. Nice of you to join us," he said, "Take a seat. Ora, remove your Trace Relic."
The girl nodded and made some room by sliding all the way over to the wall on their booth, then placed her Trace Relic on the table. "You're not talking about anything serious, are you?"
"I don't know. More likely than not, it will be though. Don't worry your face. I won't be going away again." he said, them both speaking in Piscean. Then to Fergie. "What is it you wanted to talk about?"

Good gods, was it loud. And for once, Fergie didn't mind it one bit. The mess hall racket beat that tense silence that had hung over every room before. Now, the crew were smiling and happy, laughing into their drinks. Things were already getting back to normal, as they should be. She sort of wished Bogrum could see them with this celebratory spirit. He seemed a bit sad when she left the medbay, and she figured he'd like seeing the crew so happy despite the grimness of their earlier business. Or maybe she was reading too much into his exhausted-as-fuck face.

Fergie herself was tired enough as it was, so much so that she didn't notice her entry being received with certain... looks. Or that her current gait was awkward enough to garner them. When she acquired Sebas and Orabelle's quiet spot against the wall, she honed in and saw nothing else. Maybe it was more because she was wading in her thoughts now that she was actually here. The things she wanted to talk about felt distant before, but now that Sebas was watching and awaiting her, she actually felt a bit nervous.
Ugh, get a grip, would you? It's just business as usual.

"Hullo, Sebas. Orabelle." Intros kept short, by standard. He and the kid said something to each other aside, but Fergie didn't bother trying to pick out words as it clearly wasn't meant for her ears. Damn, it was going to take a while getting used to Sebas casually speaking in fluent Piscean out of nowhere.
"Eh..." Just get to the point. "I was doin' a lot of thinkin' while stuck in the Medbay." Actually get to the point, dammit. "After this next mission, I'm gonna start payin' ye back." A hell of a payload awaited, so she could finally pay her dues. "Cleanup from Elaina's wee friend, the Ordination, gettin' me ass put in a sickbed from drinkin'. All of it." She went all the way back. Nothing went forgotten. "Appreciate the help, Seb. And... sorry that you had to, in the first place."

She sat up straight as she spoke, and would have had her laced hands set over the table, had her fingers not been wringing one another incessantly. "I'll keep doin' missions 'til we land. Anywhere but the sky's too dangerous for me to stick around." It still nagged at her, how her assassin was effected by her Illusion relic. Maybe his connection to Ghauz's master plan would surface soon as the matter was looked into, but there was no denying Ballast loyalty to some degree. "I've been enough trouble. I don't want ye's gettin' fucked 'cause of me."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Sebas Deadeye
Mess Hall

"Don't pay it back. Pay it forward."

Was this it? She wanted to pay him back for stuff like that? Sebas could rest easy, knowing that she wasn't about drop some bombshell about her having a long lost son or some shit. "Ora, put your trace relic back on." The girl acknowledged and put her Trace Relic back on.
What he was gonna say, it would benefit Orabelle to hear. "Fergie," Sebas said, thinking a bit about how he was going to deliver this. "I don't help you expecting you to pay it back. I help you expecting you to pay it forward. Just take a look." He pointed out to the merriment all around them. "Despite the fact that there were literal traitors aboard the ship, we still celebrate instead of break down. Know why? We pay it forward. When shit hits the fan, the only thing keeping us from hell is the crew." There seemed to be common themes among the crew, and one of the central ones was a dislike of the captain, yet a curious lack of will to leave despite that dislike. Be it something like debt or soul-binding keeping them there or, for the most part a will to be there, they were all part of the crew.

"Whether I give you advice or coin or the shirt off my back, I do it because I give a shit," he said, "Not out of some romantic or sexual thing. No bit of altruism or good guy act. I do it because you're crew. Yes, apologize for being a pain, but if you want to repay it, don't pay it back. Pay it forward." The pirate's life was a hell of a life. There was NOTHING better than trust out here. The difference in trustworthiness when it came to being a pirate lie in whether they'll let you wake up in the morning. No amount of coin or relics mattered when there was a blade in your back.

Pay it... forward? Fergie wasn’t sure she followed. Paying forward as opposed to back? What did that even mean? Like... paying later? Was this an interest sort of thing? Dammit, she didn’t know how to calculate that shit, and she didn’t even know how much Sebas had to pay out of pocket for—

“Oh.” When Sebas finished, she looked back out at the crewmates filling the mess hall with mirth. “I get it. You want me to pay the crew back.” And not necessarily with money, by the sound of it. “‘Ight, so...” Her fingers drummed over the table, her mind buzzing with calculations. Calculations that didn’t have specific numbers, so really she wasn’t figuring anything concrete out, but she was trying. “How many missions would equal one payment? No, uh, I mean, whichever payment. But...” Some sort of strangled noise left her throat, her hands rising to the sides of her head. “Shit, I dunno if I’ll be around long enough to finish enough! Unless— oh, it’s a quality over quantity kinda deal?” Her hands slapped onto the table. “How much will this ruins thing pay for?”

This shit was a lot more clear cut with the Ballasts, she couldn’t help but think. All Sebas had to say was to pay back with labor, right? Same deal?

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Last edited:
Sebas Deadeye
Mess Hall

"She's not used to this, is she?" Orabelle asked, which caused Sebas to sigh in a bit of exasperation. She spoke in Piscean, but she had her Trace Relic on, which meant Fergie could hear it in English.
"Indeed she is not. The Pirate life will absolutely warp your perspective of basic relationships." Sebas responded in Piscean. I knew that you couldn't read, but I didn't know you were this bad at figures of speech, he thought. "I didn't think you'd be this daft," Sebas commented, "All I need from you is the trust that your blade isn't gonna end up in my back, and that if you make my life harder, trust that you are not being a pain in the ass on purpose. That's it." He was trying to hit on a bigger point. A point that, perhaps due to her being hunted by the crew she was once a part of, she lost track of. "No amount of gold and relics or whatever other shit you give matters more than that. Avery? Ash? Elaina? Lostro since I got her favor. Ora? Hell, even Bogrum. And YOU. I don't trust Adonis to hold my fucking canteen, but I trust all of you with my life. You can't buy that shit. That's what it means to be a CREW, Fergie."

He say back and drained the rest of his water, all of a sudden completely casual. "Long rant cut short: I don't want your repayment. I did it because I give a shit as a friend, as a crewmate, and as a captain for as long as I'm in this role," Sebas told her. "I not only don't want your repayment, I refuse to accept it. I don't need you obligated to me. I want you to have my back because you give a shit about me."

Melody Treasure

She woke up on the sand by the sea, she shook her hair out and quickly grabbed her sugarcane sword and looked around, her eyes adjusted to the light as she soon saw a coconut and grabbed it, breaking it open and drinking the milk from it. She had completely eaten everything in the coconut, she licked the excess milk off her hands. She looked around, she sighed as she stood up, she knew she wasnt alone. “Hello?” She said into the trees nearby

Last edited:
As Orabelle helpfully supplied, apparently it wasn't at all the same and Fergie was still clueless as ever. She grew all the more tense, even a touch annoyed, with a twitching brow. Specifically, at Sebas choosing to speak to the girl in Piscean instead of to her face. I can handle it.
She proceeded to prove herself completely wrong as soon as she heard the word "daft", turning her head down where her hands retreated to her lap. Normally she could play off jabs like this, but still recovering from blow after blow to her intellect today, it just wasn't that day. Great, now both of 'em think I'm an idiot too.

Sebas's following explanation caught her before she could spiral into that mild despair. When she looked back up at him, it was with surprise. That's it? He just wanted to be able to trust her? By his admission, he already did. With his life, at that. How can she give something that he already had? Obviously it was an expectation of maintaining said trust, but was that really all he wanted?
The questions kept turning in her head until a word seemed to physically strike her. Captain and crewmate were a given. But...
"We're... friends?"
How long had it been since someone called her that? More importantly, what had happened last time someone called her that? ... Nothing good, really. But could she dare to let herself believe things would be different this time?
... No. She wasn't THAT stupid.
"Sebas," she began seriously, taking a fortifying breath. "If we were friends, I..." Her head shook. "I wouldn't be a..." It was a struggle, but she kept her gaze meeting his. "Friends actually like bein' around each other, aye? But if I'm a pain in the ass, that ain't exactly good company." She swallowed. Now was a really bad time for feel nauseous for no reason. "I get not wantin' someone feeling obligated to you. Hell, I dunno what Bogrum's deal really is," she waved a hand, "look, I like the guy, but he's annoying as fuck sometimes. I don't wanna be that to ye, either. But a few good deeds don't feel like enough. Being trusted to just do me damn job ain't enough." It was just basic decency. It was hardly going out of her own way when others had done as such for her, she felt. "For all the trouble I've caused ye, an' everyone else... how do I even begin to make up for all that?"

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Sebas Deadeye
Mess Hall

"Fergie, even friends can be a pain in the ass sometimes. You just pointed out that as much as you like Bogrum, he can be annoying as fuck." Sebas thought about all the times his crewmates have pissed him off. "Avery is to me what Bogrum is to you.......and he's probably the greatest friend I have on this ship. Ash's gung-ho axes in skulls all the time thing is annoying, but I'll trust no one more to keep an axe out of MY skull." He shrugged. That's just what it was. There was no deeper meaning than that, not that THAT was deep as it was. "Elaina? You saw how I was with Elaina when we were under water." If words were a whip, then Elaina was an incompetent slave. Elaina took so many verbal gut punches during that mission, one really had to wonder if she liked that kind of role reversal, given how she viewed and talked to those below her. "But even you swallow your pride and ask her for help, and who have you done that for, Fergie? Me, Bogrum, and Elaina. Not that I expect you to like her, but it goes to show how reliable she is. Since Orabelle came into the picture, I've spent more time with Elaina than anyone else on this ship. She knows her shit." Not in that way obviously. Elaina's passion for knowledge and the way her face always lit up when she was asked a question on her expertise was kind of cute, but that was undone the moment you hit the 30 second mark of watching her drone on and on in depth about shit you don't give a fuck about. There was a reason why Sebas knew only 3 spells.

Then Fergie brought up an issue that Sebas had to think about: Just doing her job wasn't enough. She wanted to go above and beyond. "You help us. We help you. That's how that is, and let that exist until we part ways." In fact, they seem to work well together. Fergie isn't going without knowledge and Elaina's opinion of Fergie has definitely softened. That woman was the literal reason why Fergie didn't go without being sold a complete con by Duradel. For he himself, Fergie was a hella reliable raid captain

"But all in all, it's don't make our lives harder and don't become a Ghauznud."

--------------------------------------------------

Fatimah
Basenji Main Ship- Navigation Room

"I've found her," the mystic said
"Great. Put her through. She has something we need. Adonis wants that chest."

Fatimah sighed. She knew Adonis would want to keep an eye on Dead Man's Isle, especially after their Golden Gun raid. Still......... "Melody Treasure." The voice Melody heard had no source except the inside of Melody's head. It was Telepathy through and through. "My name is Fatimah and I am a Mystic part of the crew the Black Sea Basenjis. You are on a place called Dead Man's Isle." The name of this place should be familiar to everyone who called themselves a pirate. It was a place of fleeting hope for a second chance at life. If lost at sea, if the gods wanted to continue using you as a plaything, you washed up here instead of dying. While this island was reachable, it was incredibly out of the way of any sort of land. Because of that, the island was populated with people who had a similar fate.

In other words, it could be months or even years before she gets off this island, and even then only if some ship came out to this island and took some people in.
"Before we continue any further, I want to ask you a question: Do you want off this island?"
Emira Blight Emira Blight

Melody Treasure

She freaked out as she shook her head, ignoring the voice in her head
she walked into the trees and she saw more coconuts and she grabbed
them, slicing them and gulping down the milk and pulp. She thought to
herself ‘I don’t care who you are. Leave me alone’ as she walked through the trees,
hiding in the shadows and shutting her mind off to the person.
She soon found a small clearing and started digging a hole with her bare hands
until she had made it deep enough to get in and out of.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

"Oi. Who told you that you can go digging in this area?" Melody found herself being looked down on by a trio of pirates. Unlike Melody, who just woke up in this area, and who was physically weakened by her current predicament (being washed ashore), the pirates (2 men and a woman) looked plenty strong. Strong like they've been there for a minute and managed to find something other than coconuts to eat on a regular basis. Plus, they were armed. One of the men with an axe, the other with a heavy sword, and the woman with a spear, a rifle on her back.

The trio were sporting.........uniforms. Unlike everyone else, who were wearing tattered rags, these 3 were wearing uniforms. While the uniforms were a bit torn as well as crusty from being dried by sun after being soaked with the salt water, they were nowhere near as torn garb as most of the others you'd find on this island.

Melody was in no position to try and fight either one of these people, let alone all 3. It was effective suicide
"Clear out," the woman spat, "Our wyverns feed here." They had wyverns? Why were they still on this island? The rustling and loud hissing from the brush should tell her that they weren't lying about having large reptilian beasts, though she could doubt they were wyverns if she wished

Fatimah the Mystic
Basenji Main Ship- Navigation Room

"Wyvern Riders. They must be ours from our Golden Gun raid," she quipped, a bit of a sigh of relief in their voice. Against Melody's wishes, the voice was still there. It wasn't like Melody could resist or shut her mind off to it anyways. Dead Man's Isle wouldn't let her resist with magic, as the island weakened it significantly. "You currently lack the physical and mental strength to resist my Telepathy." This wasn't a phone call. "This may be your last chance to leave this island for months or even years." If you refuse, I can't guarantee your safety

"Why does Adonis make us do this shit? Why couldn't we just contact our Wyvern riders directly?" The deep gruff voice of an older man could be heard behind her. Words of Power were commands that, unless you resisted the effect via stronger mana, you were powerless to resist. If you were told to kneel, you were kneeling whether you wanted to or not. "If she doesn't want off this island, leave her ass to die. Win-Win."
"Adonis making us do things that make sense is out of character for him." Fatimah responded. All of these words could be heard by Melody. "Plus, this is a new player. If she doesn't come to the ship, she can't be in the RP as we are nowhere near Dead Man's Isle, so no complaining."
"Whatever. Just let me take over. We don't have time to be nice about this shit."
A small period of silence, then a rough sigh. "Shut up and obey or die on this island, weakling." The man was handling the mic right now and he had no time for Fatimah's tact, nor Melody's attitude that she was too weak to back up. "You'll be pushed around in your weakened state, if not outright eaten by Basenji Wyverns. Tell them these words and they will stay their blade: 'Damond the Lycan says the purple chest is there. Captain Adonis orders us to find it.' Help them find that chest and then we will get all of you off that island. That is the deal, it is not up for negotiation, and you have like 30 seconds to choose between leaving this island or never leaving this island." Straight and to the point, this man was. For a pirate though, this kind of delivery was fairly standard.

1. Say the words
  2. Kick rocks and leave
  3. Try to fight and die
  4. Refuse to leave and die
Emira Blight Emira Blight

Melody Treasure

She chose to say the words, looking at the pirates above her, she then looked at one of the walls beside her
and pushed her weight against it, the sand started collapsing and she lifted herself out of the hole quick enough to avoid getting crushed by it. “who are you. And where the ever loving fuck am I?” She finally spat out to the voice in her head and to the three in front of her she glared at the three. She had straightened out her garments and finally gotten all the sand out o& her hair, though she had to let her down to do so, it was long and draped down to her thighs. She clenched a hand on her pendant and said a small prayer before lowering her hand to her side.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back