Music Are you able to play an instrument?

I've been teaching myself guitar for a few years. I'm still mainly chords, because I focus on vocals. Been a singer in a band, but I'm also in two of my university's choirs.. I used to be very good at piano, but I slacked off. I can play drums a LITTLE. Aaaaaand, last but not least, I have played clarinet since fifth grade.

WOOT WOOT FOR THE WOODWIIIIIINDS.

I used to play the snare drum back in the day. I didn't stick with it after middle school. I would like to learn how to play the piano in the future.

I've been playing the piano for a long time. I know pianists are a dime a dozen, but I love the instrument.

I used to play violin and sing, but now I play bass, and I still sing. Not together, unfortunately. I've started to pick up the piano from my little brother, who's teaching me, and I played the ukulele for a bit. Mainly I play bass though, and I like playing metal music.

Hi, I've come to add more brass to this thread!

I've played the Trombone for 5 years and started practicing bass guitar 2 years ago. I've also been playing in marching band for 2 years.​

idyllic said:

Hi, I've come to add more brass to this thread!

I've played the Trombone for 5 years and started practicing bass guitar 2 years ago. I've also been playing in marching band for 2 years.​
Bassists unite!! :D

I used to play the violin! Quit when I left my school's orchestra because I lost interest in it real fast.

Trombone for eight years. Self-learning keyboard. Taking ukulele classes with former band instructor.

I have actually been playing the guitar since the age of 12. At first, I hated it because of all the blisters it gave me - which have healed a few weeks after I got them, thankfully - but after a while, playing the guitar has actually turned into one of my favourite pastime.

I also sing, if the voice counts as an instrument. (◠‿◠✿)

I started guitar 2.5 months ago and I love it. I've been playing multiple hours everyday and my hands are getting worn and stronger fairly quickly. I used to sing and act/dance fairly often when I was younger so I have a musical background but never cared about the "hard" stuff. I dabbled very lightly in piano but couldn't stick with it. So this is very exciting for me :) .

I bought an Autoharp and am saving up to buy an accordion. Note for anyone who wants to buy specialized instruments and play them in a country that has not heard of it. Buy new strings and don't buy a used instrument.

Atreus said:
What's your favorite/best?
Hmm its between the box drum and guitar. I like the box drum because I love making the beats and sining my owns songs to it, but I also like the freeolaying complexity of the guitar.

Psithurism said:
Hmm its between the box drum and guitar. I like the box drum because I love making the beats and sining my owns songs to it, but I also like the freeolaying complexity of the guitar.
Nice. I love that and the range (both notewise and sound wise) of guitar. I used to sing alot and never been this into an instrument before.

Well, I play piano and violin. I have grade two on the piano, but I don't really do grades anymore on it, and am working towards grade four for violin. I also play in a string ensemble.

In real life, I am a professional pianist and percussionist, played violin and viola in orchestra's, and sing for fun. I also have very limited skill on the harmonica, tin whistle, and recorder. I failed miserably at the flute. My husband plays the trumpet.

i've played the cello for 4~ years (?)

i used to hate it, but i've been enjoying it a lot recently and i rly like playing with orchestras

I play the ukulele (self-taught) and I sing.

I know how to play the piano, but I'm not good at it. I can play the violin by ear, but I'm not good at it. I got guitar lessons and ultimately failed.

A few instruments that are lying around my house. I learned how to play them when messing around, it's basically self-taught. 

Bamboo flute, acoustic guitar, recorder, harmonica, Suona(Chinese trumpet), Sheng(Chinese big pipe), ah...and I can hand whistle(technically not an instrument, but meh, some call it hand flute) . I joined a Chinese Orchestra once.

I am not that good at music theory, so I mostly play music without looking at music sheet, I still don't have much chance to receive formal training and lessons yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
We learned how to play the recorder in school, but that's not really a big skill or anything.

But I also play violin (fairly inadequately) and alto saxophone (very adequately). I've been playing violin for longer, but I'm better at sax....weird. >_>

My grandparents also gave me a harmonica, but all I'm good for on that is complicated sounds that aren't very coherent. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back