Music Are you able to play an instrument?

Three years playing drums in a few styles: rock, punk, edm, metalcore. Nine months of screaming vocals: exhales and inhales (don't criticise the inhales), mostly in the style of metalcore and hardcore. I can't do cleans very well. A year of guitar: above beginner but not entirely great. I only just learnt barre chords.

I've been playing clarinet for 6 years now. I like to think I'm pretty good at it haha, or at least that's what I assume, because I'm first chair and section leader. I'm in marching band, concert band, and recently made all-county honor band. Guess you could say I spend more time in the band room than I actually do in my house.

@Sunkissed[/URL] I'll say mayonnaise if you say horseradish

I'm not a troll I swear I sing, and have always wanted to learn piano, I can play by ear but notes are not my passion, at all. Played Marcy playground on the guitar for like, two days and then I forgot how to. Would love to drum, but lessons aren't in my future as far as I can tell!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can play the Ukulele and I can also (sort of) play the piano. However, I hsed to be very good at the viola, but years have passed since I tried and it's not as easy as it was

I was forced to learn cello from a very young age, but learned to love the reverberation and the way the music sounded. Then I moved to violin, piano and guitar. For some strange reason, I love strings. I must have been a cat in my past life.

[QUOTE="Throwagay RP]I sing C:

[/QUOTE]
I bet you sing exceedingly well. I am vocally tone deaf. (soft chuckle)

I can sing a bit, well enough to be in the school choir once. I can also play the keyboard and guitar a tiny bit, nowhere near able to play a song though.

No.... always wanted to pick up and learn a few instruments or atleast one. But haven't yet. I also wish I could actually sing.... Well and not horribly but alas it's not in the cards. At some point though I want to learn how to play the guitar, drums, piano and saxophone but it's still a want too and goal at the moment.

I've been in the band since the 6th grade, and I played all the Percussion instruments, then went to Tuba, then Treble Baritone, then Bass Baritone then stayed there, but learned to play the Trombone too

I've played violin since I was really young (5 years old, I think; still not as young as many others out there), play tuba now for our school wind ensemble, and have been improvising on piano for around two years (I've never taken lessons, and self-taught initially because I needed to learn to play the midi keyboard for composing music; so I probably sound terrible to anyone who actually plays piano, and the only key I can play "effectively" in somehow turns out to be C# minor). I also played the bass guitar for a while for my middle school jazz band, but I never really got too far into that.

I played flute for about six years in a band. Haven't played too much since then, but I have been really busy. I've wanted to learn more instruments but my heart is kind of stuck on the flute.

I'm planning on learning the piano, but as of right now I can play the guitar at a beginner level.

I can also play the Octavina (local instrument, google it)

I've played flute, alto sax, a little bit of violin, bit of piano, bass guitar. That was when I was in high school. A couple years ago I started picking up the ocarina (don't know why I stopped ( :o )) and the cello. Cello's my favorite but I had to stop taking it because I was moving 3 cities away. Haven't started lessons again due to work and the longish commute to it (:'()

I swear I'll take it up again... I should've made that my New Year's resolution (^U^)

I bought a used acoustic guitar months ago. Recently began teaching myself how to play, it's been several weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back