• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Arcadia: Heroes World Brave

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
"Sorry I can't do that," Krith said, his voice echoing as he moved closer to Henry. "Not only because I would suffer a meaningless death for doing so, but because Koschei is simply more important to Fang then a war with America."

Krith snorted. "I can't tell you why, not that I even know myself. But orders are orders."

Streaks of light began coalescing into strands, forming webs that began to surround Henry.

Klaus chuckled as the drones began to whirl. Staring death in the face was nothing new; in fact, he no longer feared it. "Such a cliche. All that brain power and this is the best you can do? Separate the team, test their abilities, learn about them, and understand you're actually out of your element but claim victory anyway because of your precious data. I've known men like you; you're not unique, and you're not special. In the end, your data will be useless. Human beings are adaptable and predictable to some degree, but they change once they are aware of that predictableness. What you learn today will not help you tomorrow." He shook his head and sighed, "You know, that day in Atlas City, the timeline broke," He eyed the drones as they slowed their approach. "All I can assume is that it splintered, and I've been left here to experience a new branch, a new future that has yet to be made. I cannot go forward in time, and I'm honestly not sure how many times I can go backward until my tech stops working as this universe's laws of physics settle into place. Still, you can sure as hell bet, with the time I have, I'm going to use it to stop men like you and get to the bottom of what has upended the world. These abominations will be stopped, and despite your best efforts, I'll be on the front lines."

Lynne turned toward the door as it opened, blinking as she registered what was happening. So they were being tested? There seemed to be a lot going on here that she didn't understand. She opened her mouth to ask about it, then thought better of it. Curious as she was, she understood that this wasn't her mystery to unravel, not really. This was between Sasha and his friends, and she was only here in a supporting role for their story. Still...

"You don't seem like a bad person," she began, turning back toward Apex. "So why...?" She bit her lip, thinking to rephrase her question. "Will you be all right? There were those camera drones..."

Akiko landed hard with a slight crack. She turned to see where she had landed, noting the cracks now running in the amethyst of her armor. There was a pause before she shoved herself off the ground and began to run. The rabbit wasn't in sight but that wasn't what Shinigami was running from.

Instead she was running to the wall, slamming her shoulder into it. The crystals gave and broke off with her collecting the pieces off the ground. Shinigami ran back to the middle of the room, throwing up smoke bombs again. She had no guarantee it would work on her new opponent considering its speed but there was another trick up her sleeve.

When she threw up the amethyst and it made contact with her whip, the amethyst quickly grew in size and came down the size of a full body mirror. It's edges were sharp and it sat there, waiting for Shinigami to use it as either shield or weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back