Arc 2: Mysteries of the Past

Hanarei

Rawr-ness

Renai-Banner.jpg

The office was relatively quiet as the early morning light had pieced through the window. Renai's eyes darted at some of the papers she had, detailing out the exams. Her eyes saw her own name, the title 'Kage' being written down beside it, although she felt as if the very word was written in a sarcastic way. Her meeting with the other villages had come off as a mixed bag. Her very presence was initially scoffed at, most villages quickly dismissing the fact she even showed up on Kemuri's behalf. It had taken a great deal of effort on her own part to keep from having a major outburst in response, something her time as the leader had slowly forced upon a woman well known for her temper to sometimes peek through. Her own pride was suppressed for the sake of the village. She wasn't going to allow her own feelings get in the way of any chance they might have. It was only by the aid of [COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)]Namigakure that she was ultimately was able to permit her village access to the exams.[/COLOR]

Her eyes darted over putting the papers aside as she glanced over at the reports about Koseki. Since the events three months ago riots have appeared more actively in the village. Unfortunately, rumors have spread about Kemuri as well believed to be the perpetrators that might of caused the destruction of a part of the town and a large pile of bodies. The wealthy families had seem to buy into their own sense of distrust of Kemuri or perhaps even disdain not even offering them work. Whether it was on moral or ethical grounds, it was something that hurt Kemuri. While she did end up giving her own bit of scolding to the Genin and their Leaders, she didn't view it as anything more then a careless decision although done with good intent. 

She leaned back taking hold on one of the new files she had. "Hopefully this sort of mission should make the village a good bit of money and buy some trust with this group. It would be good to see how well the different teams might be able to act working together. It shouldn't be hard to judge from there if they should be ready for the exams coming up." She spoke softly to herself. She leaned back waiting patiently for The Genin and particularly their Jonin to show up. 

@Ganryu @AnnoDomini @Red @Orikanyo @KageYuuki @Kinzu Hekmatyar @One Mean Ghost

All Genin as well as their Jonin have been requested to come to Renai's office. Feel free to play up any interactions on the way there or to simple show up on your own. Thus starts the next part of our great journey!

Mochizuki Tonbo

The first to arrive in the office would be none other than Mochizuki. She might not be the first one to the building, but definitely to the office, via.... unorthodox means. Though, they seemed to be the only means to the young kunoichi. She crashed straight through the open window, rolling out into the office, finally coming to a stop sprawled out on the floor. Mochizuki looked up to the upside down Renai.

"Hiya friend!"

In the distance, some failing structure could be heard collapsing.  

It didn't take Mochizuki long to get back on her feet.

"So I heard ya wanted me for a mission? That's great! Imma do everything I can to make this mission go well. Don't'cha worry, I won't do anything stupid, I dun learned from last time."

Mochizuki motioned to her scar on her neck. It had healed up nicely since the 'incident', thanks to Lady Ayame. Since then, not able to train much, and pretty much banned from mission, Mochizuki had stuck to her like glue. Mochizuki had been itching to get back to work ever since then, sitting in bed all day wasn't something she enjoyed (or had actually done).

"So take it ya want me for scouting work with dis mission? I can do that fine. What kinda mission is it anyways? I'm, like, totally fine with something calm and lowly. I'm just super happy I get to be a ninja again! I ain't gunna let ya down, Imma be a great Kunoichi, even if I gotta take it slow, Imma -"

Likely the only thing that would save Lady Renai from the friendliest ninja to ever sprawl through her window would be the arrival the others, as there didn't seem to be an off button.

Last edited by a moderator:

[COLOR= rgb(238, 130, 238)]Jin Kusarigama[/COLOR]

Two figures appeared in the doorway. A rather tall figure, envelopped in a torn-out cloth, and a rather normal looking girl. She gently knocked on the door, seeing the other kunoichi talking nonstop. Jin steps forward, standing next to the other kunoichi. The puppet was not far behind. In fact, it almost looked like it was glued to her. The long, slender arms of the puppet gently went over her shoulders, like it was holding her in its arms. "You sent for me, Kage-sama?" Jin simply spoke, her expresion not changing a bit.

Looking at the other kunoichi, she quickly looked her top to bottom, as she oddly was still talking. She let out a small giggle, even though her mouth moved slightly to indicate a small smirk. "Also, Kage-sama, some buildings have fallen in the city. It was a rather big collapse, as I think it could've been heard from here." Her gentle hands slowly rubbed her puppet's, as she gently let out a sigh. The puppet's head stood in place, not moving an inch, until it suddenly fell, it resting on Jin's head, as she smiled a bit.

Akihiro Tsubasha

Aki appeared exactly in the open window, crouched down. His tanuki was of course next to him. He let out a sigh, climbing down in the office, standing straight. He bows. "...Forgive me for climbing the window Kage-sama... But a few buildings collapsed, and me and Karuy got scared...The rest of the team will be up... Tsubaki-sama and my teammates are taking the stairs..." Aki walked to stand near the two kunoichi, standing between the two. His eyes went to the girl with the puppet, Karuy getting slightly scared by it. Aki couldn't help but stare at it, but as Jin turned to look at him, his head quickly went to the other kunoichi.

He saw her a few times at the academy, and at the infirmery. That reminded him of the wounds on his hands, as he took a look at his own palm, the scar clearly visible. He crossed his hands to his chest, his eyes now going again to Mochizuki. "...You sure do talk a lot..." He let out a small giggle, his eyes going to the ground. Jin couldn't help but roll her eyes at Aki's comment about Mochi, letting out an annoyed sigh. Aki took a second look at Jin. 'What's her problem?' 'Maybe she likes you.' '...What?! Who said that?' He quickly looked around, trying to see someone comunicating with him. His eyes then went to Karuy, the tanuki looking up at him. Maybe he felt that Aki was startled.

[SIZE= 26px]Tsubaki Mifune[/SIZE]

Leaning back against the wall, Tsubaki waited for her trio of Genin to arrive. What could Renai want with the three newest squads? Did it have something to do with the incident in Koseki a few months ago? Her mother had been nearly buried in work helping tend to the wounded from the collapse, that was on top of tended to the wounded shinobi within the village as well. Though it seemed she'd found an apprentice to begin teaching the way of a medic nin.

Her team's wounds seemed to have healed well, though they seemed to still be at odds with one another . . . Not that she blamed them, nearly dying is a decent way to shake one's faith in their teammates.

Now . . . where were they?

@Orikanyo@Red@AnnoDomini

[SIZE= 26px]Yuuki Mifune[/SIZE]

Still rubbing sleep from his eyes, Yuuki made his way towards where the village leader's office was. A lot had happened the past few months; his Ryugan finally awakened, his chakra control was improving, and Tsubaki had helped him figure out a new jutsu. Kazou . . . had also instilled a slight paranoia in watching that no one else stole his sword.

The genin stretched as he neared the academy. Kazou would likely already be there waiting for them, Ayumu would probably be late, Ryu . . . Yuuki swore he left the compound with him. Where'd he get off to? Offering a slight nod to his sister, he looked around to see if any other members of his squad had arrived.

@One Mean Ghost@Ganryu

As Mochizuki crashed into the room, Renai's eyes shifted over to her otherwise keeping as she was. A stern glare briefly flared up looking at the girl, as if staring through into her very soul. Her glare shifted away as she seemed to relax rather quickly. It seemed as if Seji being assigned her Squad Leader might of ended up rubbing off on her in a rather drastic way. She sat straight up letting simply a light sigh as if exhausting away any annoyance. Fortunately for Mochizuki, Renai had done a good job of becoming more refined and less imposed to her anger as she had once been many years before. It did help her as well being a genin that  she was able to 'forgive' her little stunt and the damage she caused. As she rambled however, Renai struggled more and more to keep her faux smile on her lips. It was only the door opening that kept her from saying anything harsh.

"Yes, Jin it is good to see you. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to introduce you ahead of time to Mochizuki who is about to clean up all the mess she caused. She will be part of your squad." She spoke with a warm smile as she seemed to so casually speak with the urging of Mochizuki to clean up the mess she made. While it seemed friendly, it wasn't hard to feel an ominous aura in the air mentioning the task with her eyes briefly shifting to look sternly upon the bubbly genin. She seemed to generally dismiss the rest of the details, although she filed it away in her own mind. Mochi wouldn't be finding herself with much of a reward after the mission to repay all the damage she did, although she kept such a detail quiet for now.

Her head turned finally to Akihiro who had came into the open window. She had noticed his arrival even before he had spoke, after all she had partially kept the window open on purpose for one person, although it seemed unexpectedly his pupil had gone above and beyond with a idiotic way of busting into the room. At the very least if he was going to pass down any of his stupid behaviors, he could at least teach her to not go breaking through windows in the process of finding her way in.

"It is fine, though I prefer the use of the stairs going through my door. My office isn't meant to be a playground." She spoke to Aki looking at him keeping relaxed. She closed the file she had open sitting back in her chair.

"I'll give the details about the mission once everyone arrives. For now while Mochizuki cleans up the the mess and you can talk among yourselves if you like. I'm sure Jin you have plenty of things you might like to talk about. As a new member of Kemuri I want you to feel comfortable and at home. While you might of not been part of the academy, I expect all of your fellow Genin shouldn't take long to get to know you and become close." She spoke shifting her glance to Jin attempting to prompt her to speak a little as they waited for the others to arrive. She hoped the young puppet user wouldn't have an issue fitting in as part of the village.

@KageYuuki @AnnoDomini @Ganryu

Mochizuki Tonbo

Mochizuki raised an eye brow, and looked around the room. She'd come in rolling through the floor. It was hardly like she'd caused much damage. Maybe slipping up a rug.  It wasn't as if Mochizuki purposefully came in to break things. (A dustcloud ominously hung in the background of Kemuri). She looked back and forth between Aki, Jin, and then the newly arrived Yuuki. She shrugged confused, almost asking with her body language 'what?' Then it hit her.

Mochizuki's eyes widened, and she quickly got on her knees to clean the 'glass'. Poor Renai, it had to be one of those medical term thingy's Ayame threw out. Was it dementia? Mo, that  was loss of memory.  A disconnect from reality. Psychosis! That was it.. oooor something like that. Poor Renai, she had to be overworked, and developed psychosis. It would be best for Mochizuki just to play along, and clean up all the 'mess'. A little bit of rest, and she was sure Renai would be right back to normal.

Mochizuki had heard the stronger you got as a ninja, the more busy you were because you were the only one who could do it. If that was the case, Mochizuki couldn't wait to be super busy, that would mean she was a great ninja. And that would mean she'd be respected. She just hoped she wouldn't go crazy, that'd be awful.

Her thoughts were railroaded as she realized what Renai had just said to Jin. Teammate!?

Mochizuki seemed to teleport as she appeared by Jin, her eyes glittering as she jittered around, checking her out from every corner.

"Teammate!?"

There was something scary about the way she said that, but it was hard to put a finger on why... other than the fact that Mochizuki's excitement level was about 10x higher than what should be humanly possible. 

"That's an awesome puppet! I'm Mochizuki Tonbo, nice to meet you friend! I'm suuuper happy we could be on the same team. Hopefully you don't quit, like Nobu did. Being a ninja's awesome, even if you get your throat cut or something crazy happens. Oooo, that's an awesome.... thing? What is it?"

Mochizuki poked the puppets head.

"Wait!? Is that a puppet, that's so cool! I've never met a puppeteer, I'm a sniper. Friend Kiso isn't here yet, she's a pretty awesome swordsman. She's kinda mad at me though, but she still loves me, I just know it. Hope we get along great."

It was a wonder she stopped to breath.

Ago Aburame

Whelp, there was nothing to do but go inside. yea she saw a few others head in before her but regardless she had to go meet with her teacher, no more scoping the place out in case it was a test, she had to go in... Or atleast find Tsubaki. Why couldn't Sensei just go inside to get the mission? why'd they have to goo met  the big boss? She was one of the few people Ago was truly afraid of...But hey! She could finally get to see Yuuki again, one of the originals from squad C, she wondered how he was doing, so now she had a chance to. 

Coming out of hiding she walked towards her sensei, hands in her pockets and with a hurried pace. She wanted this over with. "Hi sensei, do we... really have to go meet her? Can't we get the mission and regroup ourselves?" she asked the woman with a faint hope that they could indeed do that. Renai... yea sure she was the leader... but... 

"Umm... Where are the others? Ugh, such slow pokes, would it kill them to be on time!?" the young woman asked, comepletely unknowing the fact Aki was already inside.

It was then she noticed Yuuki.

But before her words, let us see what Kazou is doing.

Kazou Yamamoto

"They should be here any moment now..." Kazou awaited his students, he told them to meet him infront of the academy, there they would join the others at Renai's nearby office. He opened the door to the building, since he heard the voice of one of Tsubaki's students... a rather rambunctious one at that, she seemed to be rather upset that her team mates weren't already there. However, his own student made an appearance now, Yuuki, the Mifune. He had heard word that his Ryugan had awakened, this was good to hear as it seems he was able to contain it.

Seems chakra control lessons did indeed help. 

"Ah, Yuuki, you have arrived. the others should be along shortly, 5 minutes, if not we shall go inside." he explained to the young man before giving a glance to tsubaki and her chatty genin. my she was rather loud, it is a wonder she has managed to become a genin at all with that voice. Perhaps she has some underlying skills- "YUUUKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" the young woman shouted as she rushed over, finally spotting the young man she had given thought not to long ago. She seemed to be approaching rather fast, did they know each other? Ah yes, thats right, Yuuki was a part of squad C before he was transferred to his squad. Perhaps this will be a time for them to share stories of their training, to reconnect with one another- 

It was at that Moment that Ago gave Kazou's student a rather forceful chop directly upon the head with her hand. "IDIOT!" her rage evident, teeth barred and sharp, glasses gleaming with malice. "Fool! You think you can just ignore us since were not in your squad anymore! Imbecile! talk to us! Send letters! Anything you damned fool!" the woman scorned the young man with rage that barely contained it's self within her form. it's a good thing the Mifune were good at dealing with demons, for Yuuki had another to deal with this day. 

Kazou... was unsure what to say, his eyes flashing between Yuuki, Ago, Tsubaki and back again every second this went on. He stopped on tsubaki with a raised eyebrow, as if asking her "Whats going on here?"

Directly mentioned

@KageYuuki

Lets get this show on the road.

[COLOR= rgb(238, 130, 238)]Jin Kusarigama[/COLOR] & [COLOR= rgb(169, 169, 169)]Akihiro Tsubasha[/COLOR]

Jin didn't do anything but nod at Renai's statement. Her face was rather stern, taking a peek at the raccoon boy, as she menatly learned of Akihiro. She wasn't used to interacting with people, as she didn't attend the academy. She only interacted with her uncle for the past years, the other person with whom he talked was his doll. She let out a little yelp when Mochi showed up in front of her and started to talk. She put a hand on her own chest, letting out a sigh. The she saw Mochi poke the head of the puppet.

"Please, don't touch mother, Mochizuki?" Jin turned to the puppet and gently put her head in the right direction, then gently brushes her hair. "We should be getting along well, if you both agree not to touch her." She smiled all of a sudden to Mochizuki. The smile startled Aki a little, the same with Karuy. It seemed like something about the sudden change spooked them. Jin saw that and her smile went to a small grin. "Don't be scared of me, raccoon-boy." Aki gulped. "...The name's Akihiro Tsubasha..." "Mine is Jin Kusarigama." Her voice was calm and warm, although her grin now degraded to her normal neutral expression.

The puppet closed her hands over Jin again, as she looked at both of them, then at Renai. Aki sighed and looked at Mochizuki. He wasn't known to maintain conversations. "... So, uhm... Mochi, how did your missions go?..." Jin let out another annoyed groan. 'What the hell is really her problem? I am just trying to maintain a conversation.' 'He's really hopeless.' She let out a small laugh as she taught of that, while Aki's face turned into an annoyed expression. All the while Karuy looked at Renai, standing still.

@Ganryu

[SIZE= 26px]Yuuki Mifune[/SIZE]

Yuuki glanced to Kazuo, nodding to show he understood. He swore Ryu had left home with him . . . maybe he'd forgotten something? Whatever it was, the genin was still willing to bet Ayumu would be the last of the three to show up. And if his excuse was he went home to change because his robes got dirty on the way there . . . Yuuki might just punch him. They were supposed to be meeting with the village leader of all people, keeping her waiting wasn't exactly the best course of action.

"Gah! Ago . . . !" Yuuki groaned, holding his head. He looked over at his teammate, both eyes now the same golden color. "What are you talking about? I didn't forget about you guys." He rubbed his head again, this time on guard for any more attempted strikes. "We've both been busy with missions and training. Every time I went to stop by, you guys weren't home." A slight shrug of his shoulders, "I even tried the hideout and the place was trashed . . . the whole place was sticky and covered in feathers . . . Any idea what happened?"

@Orikanyo

Aokawa had just arrived at the designated meeting place, and he wasn't that late. Only a little.

What was Aokawa doing? It wasn't everyday that you get to meet with your village's leader. Aokawa could hear the voices of people from the other side of the door. It seemed like most everyone he knew was already there.

Aokawa politely knocked on the door to let the others know of his presence. He gently opened the door, trying to avoid letting it make any sort of distracting noise. Most everyone was indeed already there, and Aokawa was probably the last one to arrive.

His eyes were immediately fixed on his teacher. "Sorry, I'm late Tsubaki-sensei. Won't happen again." he apologized.

As soon as he finished apologizing, he immediately settled down and diverted his attention to where Lady Renai was, hopefully so he could make sense of things.

Ryunosuke

As Yuuki thought, Ryu HAD left with him that morning. Of course, the second Ryu heard a building collapsing in the distance, he had taken off without even realizing he should have said where he was going. After all, as basically the only construction specialist in Kemuri these days, any sort of structural damages like that were his to fix. Normally, such tasks would have gone through the Foreman before getting to him, but that had changed after the last mission. After moving in with the Mifune, he didn't have to worry about food and rent expenses, so all of his money from the last mission went into starting up his own construction business. He used every cent to buy the necessary materials, then spent the few days following going to the employers who normally sought out the Foreman. In a short week, he had every one of the Foreman's former clients coming to him directly. Without the Foreman squandering a large chunk of the profits every pay day, not only did Ryu's wallet get a much needed boost, but jobs in Kemuri were handled much more efficiently without the Foreman juggling orders based on who paid more rather than which orders were more urgent. 

Of course, Ryu hadn't ONLY spent the last three months working. No, he had dived headlong into his own training regime that had him up before the sun to get in some work. With some help, he had actually managed to master Water Clones that helped expedite his work process, and he had even managed to make a great deal of headway on several other jutsu, though he would hesitate to say they were remotely combat ready just yet.. Of course, all of his hardwork was evident just by looking at him. Before, undernourishment had left him scrawny, but due to actually having a proper diet now, he had gained a great deal of lean, powerful muscle that showed even under his robes. All in all, things were really looking up for him after that debacle of a first mission....

"At least the damages didn't extend to the surrounding structures..." Ryu murmured, hopping around the rubble of the collapsed building. He had, frankly, been expecting this building to fall for some time. Its structure had been compromised for years, but given it was unoccupied, boarded up, and unused, it had been a low priority compared to the dozens of buildings in dire need of structural repair that actually had live occupants. Since there just weren't enough hours in the day for him to have repaired every one of Kemuri's various declining buildings, he just made it a point to make sure those that he couldn't get to right away were at least in such a state that they would collapse in on themselves instead of into surrounding structures. Such a case had happened here. The building had simply fallen in on itself, creating a lot of noise, a lot of dust, but really no collateral damage. 

Even still, it was going to be HIS mess to clean up as Kemuri's sole construction specialist.

He jotted down some notes on a piece of paper, taking down how much materials he would need to rebuild the structure as it was, how much said materials would cost, and estimating how long it would be before he could complete the job given his current queue. He even wrote down some suggestions for different structures that could be put in its place that could save Kemuri money down the line. In reality, he had taken on a tremendous amount of responsibility for Kemuri's upkeep, especially given his age, but he took it all in stride. 

He folded up the paper and tucked it into his robe, channeling the chakra through his feet to take off across the rooftops to get back to his original intended destination. It wasn't long before he leaped down from the rooftops, flipping through the air to land next to Kazou-sensei, Yuuki, and the other shinobi. "Sorry I'm a bit late, Kazou-sensei. I had to investigate the collapsed building on the way here." he explained, glancing around to realize Ayumu wasn't here yet. He sighed, a little annoyed that Ayumu was somehow late for something like this. Unlike Ryu, he was fairly certain Ayumu's excuse would be.... less than satisfactory... 

He did smirk a little noticing Yuuki was getting rather roughly handled by a shinobi from another squad. He shook his head. "Anyway... I need to give a report on the collapsed structure to Lady Renai before we talk to her, so I'll go on ahead. Last thing I need to do is keep her waiting when she'll want to know what happened..." He explained. Giving his Sensei and the others a nod, he held a hand up to his forehead and disappeared from sight. During his training, he had also gotten better with his Mind Projection Jutsu, able to disappear far faster than before. 

Moments later, Ryu seemed to appear from thin air in the middle of Lady Renai's office. It seemed Lady Renai was already dealing with a few of his fellow genin, so he waited a moment to be sure they weren't talking to Lady Renai. When she focused her attention on him, he spoke up. 

"Lady Renai, I'm sure you're aware of the building that collapsed... It's one of the ones I mentioned in my report last week as being unstable. I didn't have sufficient time to find the precise cause of the collapse on the way here, but I can report that it did not cause any additional damage to the surrounding structures. It just fell in on itself as predicted in my previous reports." He paused, plucking the piece of paper from his robe to set it on her desk. "This is the supply manifest I'll need to rebuild the structure as it was, as well as suggestions and relative costs of other options to review at your leisure."

He stepped back from her desk, bowing respectfully to her. He didn't expect an answer now, given she was about to give them a mission of some sort, but at least he still did his job in keeping her informed of the state of Kemuri's buildings. 

Ayumu Susumu

"Please, as if any structure you work on is stable."

The peacock walked proudly into the office. Immediately it would become transparent why he was late. This outfit was by far the most extravagant outfit Ayumu had worn yet, and by Ayumu's standards, that was quite high. A slightly blue tinted robe, fringed with red ribbon flowed around Ayumu like it was dancing. He'd obviously spent hours getting it just right. That wasn't even the most striking thing. Ayumu's face was brilliantly painted, with blue eyeliner nearly sparkling, and several actual peacock feathers embedded in his hair. Something was obviously up his sleeve.

Ayumu came in with a polite bow to the kage.

"Mi'lady."

A rose appeared in Ayumu's hand, offering it to woman. Standing back, he eyed his classmates around him, hardly a spect of fashion around them.... except for one. One genin was worthy of his praise.

"My, my, Ago, I must say, those clothes, they are quite trendy, especially the hat."

Another rose appeared, before he rejoined his team, giving odd looks around the people who didn't take anything into fashion. The two most disgusting were his teammate Ryu, and some girl pretending to clean the floor. Both had appalling fashion. One of them was a lost cause, the other Ayumu considered his responsibility, he would have to take Ryu shopping later. The clothes were however an improvement. Ayumu actually stopped to consider whether he should say anything. This was an improvement on the road to fashion. Was it his responsibility to take Ryu to the next level, to something decently wearable, or let him walk baby steps? It was truly a conundrum. Should he start with Yuuki instead then? There was so much to do for the fabulous.

For the moment though, there was the most pressing matter, what was the mission, and who could Ayumu impress on it?

Renai could only watch as the exchange occurred in her office. From Aki arriving through the window to Jin's protective nature over her puppet. Ryu showing up down to 'business' (something she was a bit surprised about though consider how little money they had cheaper labor from within the village to fix it she couldn't argue about) to Ayumu's overly extravagant ways of fashion. Then were was Mochizuki's... whatever that was. It really made her want to face palm in response to the chaos she was fully exposed to. If there was one thing she could say, it seemed this generation of Genin would be the most crazy. 

What have I done putting Seji in charge of the academy teaching? It created the most 'out there' class I've seen. Normal Shinobi would of been just fine. Not to mention we somehow got... that... Her eyes darted briefly to Mochizuki. It felt as if she had her hands full in terms of what she would have to deal with. In the end though, she knew they all had the potential to be great shinobi. She was more then confident they had the skill behind them to surpass even their teacher's one day, herself included. It would just be a bumpy ride until then. 

She took Ryu's paperwork and the rose Ayumu handed her just pushing it to the side. She kept otherwise quiet simply responding in most part with nods as she kept her cool. She didn't want to accidentally destroy another desk out of frustration. She was much better then she had been when she was younger but it was far from fully contained.  She sat back in her chair, her eyes glancing briefly upon the four files on the desk, the one in front of her being her own. She was certain the Jonin could handle the task. Sending the three Genin teams out was in part her own doing having convinced the client it would be more beneficial for keeping watch. Hopefully it would also work as a great way for them to get use to working as part of a larger group in general. In the end they were a village, while split up in squads they were still all comrades.

______________________________________________After Everyone Arrives ______________________________________________

After the arrival of all the Shinobi (including Seji's typical 'I'm last through the window shtick) Renai finally perked her head up. Her eyes focusing on them all as her office was practically packed having so many inside at once. "It is good to see you all gathered up together. It might of only been several months now, but you have all shown yourselves to have matured quite a lot over your time officially as Genin." She spoke, perhaps a bit of Hyperbole about the maturing part, but still she wanted to give them some praise. Her eyes fixated up towards the Jonin (and one Chuunin) giving a light nod to them as her own silent form of praise for handling them thus far.

"The mission is simple, all three squads will be heading north into the Spes Mountains working as body guards for a small crew of researchers. Recently the location of a large temple has been found, rumored to link back before the time of the awakening. While it isn't likely to host much danger, given the remote location and how large the ruins are said to be they want a team to overlook the operation and ensure the expedition is successful. There are reports of a few people having gone missing, so I expect you all to be watching over one another as well as the research team you will be looking over. It is cold up in the mountains and snow storms are a common thing so make sure you are prepared for the worst. The elements will likely be your greatest foe. Good luck... and please... try and represent the village in a good light. It is fortunate I was able to get such a task and allow for such a large team to work on it." She spoke as her voice became a bit more stern at the last portion. She offered up the files for the Jonin. 

She looked to them all, deciding to include a little more rather then leaving it up to the Jonin to have to relay it. "It will be roughly a 5 day journey to reach the town of Hope where you will be meeting with the team lead by Doctor Kamimizu. She will be able to provide you with more details about the operation and the climb up the mountain. You are dismissed." She spoke resting back in her chair allowing for the Squad leaders to take control and plan out what they think they should before they head out together. In truth, she saw it as a good chance to get them practice on a larger scale operation, as simple as it might be. It was one thing working together as part of an official squad, but having such an assortment of Genin was likely going to make things 'more interesting'. 

@Ganryu @AnnoDomini @Red @Orikanyo @KageYuuki @Kinzu Hekmatyar @One Mean

Feel free to do what you want preparing for the trip out. I'll have the thread up for the journey towards the mission up this weekend (though not going to play out each day, mostly for any interactions you like to mix in for the main group) with the meeting of the research team next week. Feel free to continue any interactions you want to play out in separate threads.

Mochizuki Tonbo

Mochizuki got off the floor as Aki asked his question. Her eyes never left Jin's puppet though.

"Sooo cool!"

She turned to answer Aki, nervously rubbing the back of her head.

"Well, uh... official or unofficial? I got an easy one with Seji, and got suuuper bored with it. We picked some fruit for an old lady. After that, we kinda had an unofficial one? It didn't go's so well."

With that, Mochizuki motioned to the cut on her neck. It was dead center. 

"I dunno if I'm suppose to talk about it, kinda in big trouble for sneaking in here and stealing a B-ranked mission. We were suppose to beat up some bandits, and we dun did, but some ninja beat us really bad. But Seji came in and was like boom, pow, shock-shock."

In case Aki had any doubts, Mochizuki actively acted out the scene.

"It was super cool! Our sensei's are really strong! I wanna be strong like that! But.... uh, I don't wanna get my team hurt like that. Nobu got hurt real bad.... he quit being a ninja. Imma guess that's why friend Jin is here. But, uh, don't worry, I'll protect ya Jin! I'm a sniper, and I'm learning some other stuff to keep people safe! I don't really like being away from a fight, but whatever it takes to be a great ninja, I'll do it!"

An extremely excited thumbs up came with the promise to protect Jin. Turning back to Aki, Mochizuki sweetly smiled with a question of her own.

"So, uh, how'd your mission go?"

Mochizuki was uh'ing alot more than usual, mostly because Renai was right there, and Mochizuki wanted to act calm. She was failing, but the thought counted.

When she announced they were nearly ready to go, Mochizuki was raring, her wings buzzing excitedly, she stayed though waiting for Aki to give his story.

Ago Aburame

"................" 

Ago.... wasn't certain of what to say... her rage abated by this strange handsome fluffy haired man giving her a rose. Was she still mad at Yuuki? Yea. But now she had something more interesting to deal with.... the young man gave her a....

SHE HAD HER FIRST FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELL YEAH!!!

"Ehmn, thank you. About time somebody noticed it. My fashions ense in impeccable!' she  began to laugh once more, letting Yuuki off the hook. For now. Also not noticing the young man had already moved on from her and entered the room. "...Eh? Where'd he..? bah, whatever. Come on Yuuki lets go in!" she all but dragged the young man inside by the scruff of the neck. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ One briefing later.

"Spes mountains.... Wheres that?" the young woman asked nobody in particular before gazing at Tsubaki, awaiting her words. She was feeling MUCH more confident about being in there now that she had tha confidence booster, plus a fancy nice rose, which she happily stuck into her hat, fashionable and endearing at the same time! Now NONE can dispute my reign as the most beautiful of genin. she thought, giving a few glances towards the fluffy haired young man now and again. Of course, one couldn't see such glances but she remained secretive. 

Kazou Yamamoto

Receiving the file he gave it a once over.... It has been a long time since he has had a mission with such a large group, perhaps this would open them up abit further to the others. Seeing different styles and techniques could boost their own development. In addition they had two jonin with them, so there was little room for failure... That last time however...

....The tag woman....

There was no room for error in this mission. 

They had to succeed. 

"We shall examine the file and head out soon. Everyone should be ready and prepared to embark by tomorrow morning, as Lady Renai states, bring extra warm clothing, specifically extra socks and gloves, Your fingers are your livelyhood, protect them." he warned the mass amount of genin before looking to Tsubaki with a nod....

And then to Seji.... He still had that stupid smile on...

"...Seji... these are your students correct?' he asked as he looked towards the motley bunch. the most interesting one of the bunch.... She had wings it seems. How fascinating, she seemed to be excitable, makes sense as her wings were that of an insect-

"HOOOOOOOOLLLLY CRAP!!! ARE THOSE REAL!" Ago shouted as she suddenly noticed the large amount of buzzing currently going on, her mind breaking out of thoughts of her very first fan and homing in on Mochi.

"WHAO!!! 

Thats so cool!

Can you fly?

Are they delicate?

Can I touch them?

Oh my gosh thats so cool!

Their so fast!

I wish I had wings!

Like a beetle's wings with a hard shell!

Do YOU have a hard shell? 

Naw probably not, your fleshy.

I don't have wings but I got bugs!

Wana see!?"

Her words came rapid fire, blindsiding the young woman.

@Ganryu @Hanarei

-After the briefing-

[COLOR= rgb(238, 130, 238)]Jin Kusarigama[/COLOR] & [COLOR= rgb(169, 169, 169)]Akihiro Tsubasha[/COLOR]

Aki smiled at the idea of seeing snow. It was rare here, but since he saw it, he was feeling happy. Probably because his brother would play with him in the snow, hiding in the snow, and throwing snowballs at each other. The meere memory made him smile. Jin however was serious, nodding along while thinking of what the Kage said. After she stopped talking, she returned a kind smile to Mochizuki. "Well, from what it seems, you would need the protection more." Jin said, nodding towards Ago.

Aki stepped in, slowly patting Jin on her back. "... I wouldn't mess with Ago... She's... uhm..." As he said that, he cleared her throat. 'Scary?' The voice said again. "Alright whoever keeps talking just shut it!" Jin really recoiled at his scream, as the puppet jumped near her, its kunais at ready. "Easy mom... Racoon boy's just weird." The puppet returned to its normal state. "Anyway, Mochi, Racoon boy... Ago? I am off." And with that, Jin started moving towards the exit, the puppet seeming like it's levitating after her.

"...And she says I'm weird..." Now that Ago was there, Aki seemed a lot more reserved. "...Oh, our mission went... Quite south as well... Ago here was almost killed by a fat guy, again... sorry for that... Red almost drowned... And I got..." Aki gulped, hiding his hands behind his back. "...I-I got away fine..." He smiled, quite nervously, his face turning red. "...A-Also, that scar looks like it really h-hurt..." His eyes spotted Ago's bug jar and recoiled back. "...Ago, if there is a spider in there... I swear to god!..."

In the meantime Jin headed to her home. Once there, she started to yell. "Uncle! Are you home?!" No response. He must be out getting money for them. Not wasting any time, she scrounged the house for some fur to cover the doll. Fortunately, she found some, and, within a few minutes her doll was dressed for the cold weather. Going around the house, she found an old white coat. It seemed like it was her mother's, as it still had her smell of perfume. She squeezes it tight in her arms, letting a few tears drop from her eyes before rubbing her eyes and putting it on her.

Looking up at the puppet, she smiles. "Let's go mom. Our first mission." She started walking normally towards where all of them should meet.

Meanwhile, Aki looked at Mizu, clearing his throat. "...W-Well we should be g-going as well... See you l-later..." Aki said, smiling and blushing while dragging Ago away from Mizu. As soon as she couldn't see them, Aki's face turned to its normal tone, and Aki let go of Ago. "...See you at the meeting spot Ago..." His voice was normal, and even his stutter went away. Something was amiss.

@Orikanyo@Ganryu

Tsubaki only quietly watched the chaos unfold before Renai finally spoke, briefing the group on the mission ahead of them. It had been awhile since she'd worked with such a large group like this. Sure most of them were Genin, but if push came to shove there were still two experience Jounin with them. And . . . Seji . . . Not to mention the mission was in the Spes Mountains were cold may have been an understatement . . .

This might just a very long mission . . .

She glanced to Kazou and returned his slight nod. "What Kazou-San said goes equally for you three. It's going to be far colder there than it's ever gotten in Kemuri, do not neglect to pack warmly." Her gaze was fairly harsh, sending the point home. "Be ready to depart first thing in the morning. You three are dismissed."

@Red@Orikanyo@AnnoDomini

[SIZE= 14px]Yuuki Mifune[/SIZE]

"Ack! A-Ago!" Yuuki stumbled behind his former teammate as she practically dragged him into Renai's office. Pulling free from her grip, he straightened his kosode out with a slight grumble. The Genin's menace was palpable as Ayumu came practically prancing into the room, face covered in some kind of glittery paint and freaking feathers in his hair. The temptation to just deck the prancing peacock was high. He probably would have done so had Renai not began their briefing.

So they were supposed to protect some group of scholars? That didn't sound all that bad, though the way Kazou and Tsubaki spoke of the area they were headed wasn't all that comforting. Yuuki'd never seen snow before . . . Aside from cold, what was it like? Did he even have anything that was good to wear in those mountains? He may need to pester Tsubaki about that one when they get home.

As his sisters dismissed her students, he turned back to Kazou and waited for any other orders.

@Ganryu@One Mean Ghost

Seji-Banner.jpg

Seji stood a little distance from his students. A wide smirk on his lips letting Mochi speak up in part praising him. There was no better words spoken to explain my awesome introduction to save the day. He nodded a bit not directly interacting as he seemed thrilled with Mochi's response to what he did, even if most would just look baffled at such a description. In truth, almost any sort of description aming him look cool would of amde him happy, though that one was perhaps one where he would be more unique in thinking it did justice. His eyes shifted over Jinirita his newest disciple hoping the story all but thrilled her... and to try and remember what her actual name was having implanted the nickname in his head far to early making it hard to recall what her actual name was.

He suddenly turned his head hearing a familiar voice. His eyes focused on Kazou. He had to admit he couldn't help but feel a judging look in his direction from him. He wanted to look cool, lifting his finger to give a thumbs up (in the most cool way possible) before suddenly Ago charged in on the attack. It didn't take long for Jinirita... damn he had to remember her actual name... suddenly began to walk out to prepare before he even got a chance to speak up. He didn't even get to speak up at all attempting to give any sense of order like a leader. He stood with a grin although truthfully Seji felt as if his moment of perceived glory was cut short. 

That's alright... I got dis. Seji the master nin ain't gunna let dis fall. He be takin' the reigns and gettin dis triple team deluxe squad a rollin and lead them all to victory and show his coolness and leadin' awesomeness. Yeah... gunna rock this ball over the fence!

@Ganryu @Orikanyo 

The teams were given enough time to prepare for their journey. With the mission heading up into the mountains, many elected to bring warmer clothing (smartly) for the mission. Renai finally getting a chance to be alone was finally able to let out a long drawn out sigh. At the very least their mission would give her some relief... at least as much as she could with so much more she had to deal with. There was no question the Koseki rebellion was knocking at their doorstep. Even if they were kept out of the affair by both sides, it was already leading to problems the village itself faced. She could only help it might resolve itself sooner rather then later. The sooner things settled down, the more likely they might be able to even find work within the city again, or so she hoped.

The teams gathered just a bit outside the northern 'gate' of Kemuri, or what was left of it from the war. The gate itself had long since been knocked down, thrown aside and embedded into a nearby building. The wall to the east side had a massive gash left over from the war. The wall was a more expensive project... something the village had no chance of affording given the great cost the war inflicted upon them. Such damage wasn't really something that most even batted an eye at anymore outside those who fought in the battle. It was just another bit of the broken worn down village that has yet been fixed up for most young ones.

Seji stood prominently out. A heavy pack was on his back. He had switched his Bandanna, choosing to wear one which was marked with various 'flames' dotted along it. Truthfully the attempt to make flames looked more as if it was some squiggly red lines on it more then anything else. He stood in front, having gotten his squad to stand up front. What better way to take a leading spot then to put yourself ahead of the other groups. It was his time to shine along side his Genin and show how awesome they were.  He looked upon his own Genin giving a thumbs up.

"Alright, we are going to do our best and show them how awesome we are as a team. They ain't got nothin' how sick our beats are." He spoke as he finished seeming to have temporarily spoken normal... for a sentence before switching his tone. He looked towards Jin giving her a nod and a thumbs up. "Don't worry Jino, we gotcha back. You might be new but to me and teh crew, we know you like your true." He spoke getting her name wrong having thought he recalled it correctly finally after spending some time attempting to recall her actual name. 

He perked his head up after a short time looking to the others. It seemed as if everyone was gathered... he wanted to be quick before Kazou said anything. He had to show his friend and old Master he was more then ready to take his job as a shinobi to the next step.

"Let's fly like the frogs during the night sky. We gunna show dem just what Kemuri's got, dey' be happy what they sought. Squads, roll out!" He spoke lifting his hand in a fist before moving forward in hoping everyone would follow him and his pace.

The teams were given enough time to prepare for their journey. With the mission heading up into the mountains, many elected to bring warmer clothing (smartly) for the mission. Renai finally getting a chance to be alone was finally able to let out a long drawn out sigh. At the very least their mission would give her some relief... at least as much as she could with so much more she had to deal with. There was no question the Koseki rebellion was knocking at their doorstep. Even if they were kept out of the affair by both sides, it was already leading to problems the village itself faced. She could only help it might resolve itself sooner rather then later. The sooner things settled down, the more likely they might be able to even find work within the city again, or so she hoped.

The teams gathered just a bit outside the northern 'gate' of Kemuri, or what was left of it from the war. The gate itself had long since been knocked down, thrown aside and embedded into a nearby building. The wall to the east side had a massive gash left over from the war. The wall was a more expensive project... something the village had no chance of affording given the great cost the war inflicted upon them. Such damage wasn't really something that most even batted an eye at anymore outside those who fought in the battle. It was just another bit of the broken worn down village that has yet been fixed up for most young ones.

Seji stood prominently out. A heavy pack was on his back. He had switched his Bandanna, choosing to wear one which was marked with various 'flames' dotted along it. Truthfully the attempt to make flames looked more as if it was some squiggly red lines on it more then anything else. He stood in front, having gotten his squad to stand up front. What better way to take a leading spot then to put yourself ahead of the other groups. It was his time to shine along side his Genin and show how awesome they were.  He looked upon his own Genin giving a thumbs up.

"Alright, we are going to do our best and show them how awesome we are as a team. They ain't got nothin' how sick our beats are." He spoke as he finished seeming to have temporarily spoken normal... for a sentence before switching his tone. He looked towards Jin giving her a nod and a thumbs up. "Don't worry Jino, we gotcha back. You might be new but to me and teh crew, we know you like your true." He spoke getting her name wrong having thought he recalled it correctly finally after spending some time attempting to recall her actual name. 

He perked his head up after a short time looking to the others. It seemed as if everyone was gathered... he wanted to be quick before Kazou said anything. He had to show his friend and old Master he was more then ready to take his job as a shinobi to the next step.

"Let's fly like the frogs during the night sky. We gunna show dem just what Kemuri's got, dey' be happy what they sought. Squads, roll out!" He spoke lifting his hand in a fist before moving forward in hoping everyone would follow him and his pace.

The journey was generally uneventful outside the rare 'occurrence'. The group kept a consistent pace through their 3 day trip. While it might of been simple travel, it was something the Jonin payed attention to treating it in a way like a form of training. The Genin would likely have missions that required them to travel long distances, and the faster they could do it without wearing themselves out the more productive they could be. With Koseki being in its own trouble and Kemuri being kept generally out of the affairs they were going to have to likely look for work further form the village for now.

The group had been traveling uphill most of the day. The land they were at consisted of what seemed to be all mountains built into one another. As they traveled the air itself became cooler and cooler lacking the warmer tempatures of their home village of Kemuri. It seemed almost barren as no signs of a village was seen at all through the day. The steep rock face left little room for variation in their path following along a rather beaten looking 'road'. Various rocks and pebbles filled the roughly 10 foot across path, having slipped down at a previous time not having been taken care of. They continued heading higher up as cooler air filled them as they became more chilly. It was roughly 3 hours since they ventured deep into the mountains when first caught site of the village they heading to just bordering right up against the snow, steam rising what appeared to be some distance below what looked to be a village barely hanging onto the cliff.

4846c97418cd042147bcba298c14a689.jpg

The village was lit up, while still day the shadows from the mountains. It didn't look as if many people were outside. The village was simply known as Joki. The snow seemed to stop before sliding down the slope, the steam from the hot springs lingering before the village melting it away before it had a chance to touch all but the highest elevated buildings. Most of those who lived there had done so for their entire life, many families having lived there for hundreds of years. It had only recently turned into a 'resort' village... granted such a title was laughable by most with few wanting to take the risk to get there. Still, it helped to bring the village some source of income as more and more families decided to leave for better pastors to live.

Outside a team of 5 cloaked figures stood out. The outfits looked rather formal. The cloaks appeared thick, prepared for the colder tempatures althoguh none had them wrapped upon their bodies yet, the warmth from the spring a good distance under them keeping things generally warm, even if the fridgid air occasionally breezed through reminding them how high up they already were. As soon as the Kemuri ninjas came in sight a hand lifted for what appeared to be a woman looking to be in her early 30s, the hoods of 2 of the members kept up as they stood ready to go. The woman waited for them to arrive before she finally spoke.

"You must be the team from Kemuri... am I right?" The woman who seemed to be in charge spoke up. Her hair was left exposed having yet to put her hood up on her cloak. She looked to be in her early 30s. She wasn't exactly expecting to see so many children as part of the group. She had assumed 'novice' would be adults not realizing the structure of what most groups use for their lower ranking missions. Still, she assumed they were skilled enough for the mission and would be able to make the task of protecting them that much easier. Many of her colleagues however stood much more doubtful in their ability to do much but get in the way during their investigations and attempt to observe the temple. 

"It's good to meet you!" She spoke up not even giving much of a chance to respond back. It wasn't hard to see the excitement lingering on her face as she smiled looking upon the Kemuri Shinobi. 

"Now, we have all our things sorted although I'm sure you all have been on a long trip. If you need to rest the team and I wouldn't have any issue with that. We are set to go whenever you are ready, the weather seems as if it should remain clear all day though it is hard to tell given being so high up.  It isn't our first expedition although it is the first one we had to scale a mountain for so we aren't as familiar with this kind of location but we have some experience climbing and traveling to remote places. So.... yeah! We are ready to go when you are, we can wait." She spoke out repeating herself without even thinking about it, nor even thinking to introduce the team nor ask for their own identity. The young man with glasses stepped forward lacking a hood of his own and appearing around her age, if not a little younger

photo.jpg

"My apologies on behalf of my boss... what Dr. Mirus is trying to say is it is good to meet you. My name is Shin Sedo, her assistant. The other lady is Dr. Coluber. The taller gentleman is Dr. Lumen, and our last colleague is Dr. Tueor." He spoke gesturing in each of their direction while he was introducing them. He kept their formal names not wanting to show disrespect by giving out their first names, only doing so for himself. He didn't seem to be trying to be rude or interrupt his boss. His eyes shifted to Dr. Mirus as if seeking some sort of approval for him butting in. 

The leader of the research team let out a light laugh as she scratched the back of her head. The woman looked to the others. "Sorry, I got ahead of myself again. Yes I am Dr. Mirus, though if you prefer you can call me Alice, its generally what people like to call me by. So who is in charge and well, who are all of you? It would be good to get to know you a little after all, we will probably be spending a bit of time together on this expedition. We are ready to leave otherwise whenever you are ready to depart, no rush I promise." She spoke asking them and attempting to portray herself more as being patient. Seji seemed to grin as if he was prepared to step ahead and take charge...

@Ganryu  @KageYuuki @Red @AnnoDomini @Orikanyo @Kinzu Hekmatyar @One Mean Ghost

[COLOR= rgb(178, 34, 34)]And a little Yuuki Mifune[/COLOR]

The journey up the mountains had, for the most part, been uneventful. Sure there were a few, rather minor incidents, but what could you expect when traveling with a group like this? Seji's attempts at showing off where to blame for several of the mishaps, no doubt to Kazou's frustration. The temperature continued to drop the further climbed, leading many of them to don warmer clothes and cloaks of their own prior to reaching the village meeting point.

And of course, it was only going to become even colder once they left for the temple. Much to Tsubaki's dismay and Yuuki quickly learned to despise.

Following introductions, Tsubaki offered a bow to the group of scholars. "It's a pleasure to meet you all. I am Tsubaki Mifune, one of the Jounin in charge of this team. These three here are my own students: Ago Aburame, Akihiro Tsubasha, and Aokawa Nakajima." She gestured to each of them as she spoke before glancing to Kazou for his own introduction. Granted being the senior of the two, he likely should have gone first . . .

Seji must be rubbing off already . . .

@Orikanyo@Red@AnnoDomini@Hanarei

Kazou Yamamoto

The introduction came as kazou would expect, they were ninja after all, and ninja tended to get some oddballs as their clients from time to time. But now was not the time to think, he must speak. tsubaki took the lead on this, thankfully, if Seji were to a wrong foot might be put forward. He hadn't been to bad on the way up, his constant talking aside he did well traversing this place. Though his genin seemed abit chilled... guess the man was naturally warm? he DID have alot of energy within. that aside, it was time he got to HIs introductions. 

"I am Kazou Yamamoto, the senior jonin of this group. I am also a trained and experienced medical practitioner. please do not hesitate to bring up any concerns you have during the trip. Within reason." he eyed the group of doctors before him and giving them all a once over, this Alice woman was excitable, but this assistant of hers seemed to be more stable in his approach.

Match made in heaven. 

"These are my three students. Yuuki Mifune, Ryunosuke Mizuchi, Ayumu Susumu. They are capable and fine genin. Save being unaccustomed to colder weather." he chuckled slightly and straightened his long jacket abit, smoothing out the creases and refixing the slight fur trim on the neck. 

Ago Aburame

At the sound of her name the young woman held up a peace sign. "Yo!"  as if speaking up to a teacher's attendance she exclaimed and then went back to her business, which was mainly dealing with not trying to fall down in this damn snow! 

UGH!

She hated snow! 

She ALWAYS forgets about it until the last minute she has to deal with it! 

it clogs up everything, makes pathways hard to walk on, turns to ice sometimes AND when it's colder, she can't let her buggies out to play!! 

Of course she could still fight with them, just in short bursts of them being exposed. 

(or have them on an enemy to keep them warm and fed) 

"So... What sorta place are we goin to anyways? Got like spooky ghosts or traps or maybe... Ooooh! oh oh! traps! there has to be like BIg old traps and stuff right!?"

The woman nodded her head in response as the two Jonin spoke up taking their turn introducing themselves. "It is nice to meet you all." She spoke looked to Ago in particular having questioned about where they were going. She smiled brightly, evident a sense of joy had filled her being inquired about their location. Perhaps it was stereotypical, but she got a sense of joy being able to teach someone about something... even if it was perhaps going into more detail then ago actually asked... not that Alice would even notice or think about that sort of detail. It only seemed fitting to respond as well as to answer back in some part to Kazou... granted she ended up taking a while to get to such a point in brief about anything they might need to worry about. 

"Excellent inquiry! There is an old temple that lays far up in the mountains. It was only by a sheer fluke that it was discovered, having thought to be long lost. It is said the old inhabited had long since abandoned the temple over a thousand years ago. Many of the villagers here trace their heritage back to such a place... although truthfully it is more so something spoken about by word of mouth, it is truly difficult to check for the validity of their claims. We aren't completely sure of the details of the temple, although as the legends go the place itself is quite large. It has likely come into some disrepair given the harsh weather conditions found up here, although you would be surprised how such old architecture can do a wondrous time surviving, particularly if it manages to be buried within the snow. It does a wonderful job preserving a structure... should it not collapse form the weight of the snow before it has a chance to do so of course." She spoke letting out a light laugh scratching the back of her head. It was then Seji picked his head up to speak only for the woman to continue faltering his efforts.

"Oh... you did ask about traps... as far as we know there isn't such a thing. There are some rumors and superstitious tales... but those don't tend to hold much truth in them. Likely visions induced by the stressful conditions put upon  the human body. Fortunately for us our path was laid out clearly... granted it seems the person who had found it went a little bit crazy as well saying something about seeing cloaked figures wandering around there as if keeping watch, along with a loud roar or growl... something of that nature he filled his mind with. Either way I don't suspect there will be traps... outside the natural hazards that might of formed over the long period of absence. If our suspicions are true, the temple was the home of an ancient sage long before the time of the Shinobi even! It could be intriguing getting a look into it for historical reasons, not to mention I'm sure many Shinobi would be quite curious of their possible roots!"

Seji seemed rather taken back having his introduction cut short. The woman's long response back had seemingly killed all his steam as he stood on one leg making a pose... having become quite exhausted waiting for his chance to 'deliver' his teams introduction. His foot fell to the side as if defeat had settled onto the normally headstrong Shinobi. He heard a break, popping his head in. He fixed his glasses attempting to regain his composure again though lacking his normally silly poses.

"Gotcha, Squad B will be here as well. You can call me Seji Kondyuaru if yah like, or just Sej' if yah like it short. Got Jin Kusarigama with all the strings, our firefly Mochizuki with the darts, and Kiso Ringo with some of dat swordplay." He spoke, in ways perhaps a relief for most on his team being far less 'exagerated' in his introduction then he already had planned out. He wasn't expecting his glory to be cut short by Tsubaki of all people. It only made Kazou's own introduction flow far to easily before he could throw in his own.

Alice turned to Seji looking over at the Genin. "Oh.. s... sorry... I tend to ramble on a bit and get ahead of myself at times, didn't mean to not allow you guys a chance to introduce yourselves as well." She spoke scratching the back of her head in response. She glanced up at the mountain before turning her head back down. 

"Well... when you are all ready to go we can head out. There shouldn't be any issue so long as you got all the stuff you need for climbing. I was told there isn't too many steep cliffs to worry about the route our now defunct guide had set up for us. So long as you all have warm clothing it should be alright. Its important to stick together as to not get lost. One wrong step can go very badly... very quickly... you know... being so high up and all. It also helps to make sure no one gets hypothermia. The cold can very quickly get you frostbite if your not careful. it should be a breeze once we get there, all you need to do is keep look out in the off chance something might be amiss... again... something I think is more overactive imaginations in times of high stress over anything to worry about. We can leave when you guys are all ready."

@Ganryu  @KageYuuki @Red @AnnoDomini @Orikanyo @Kinzu Hekmatyar @One Mean Ghost

It was getting a little too cold. Was it too much to hope for a place where they could warm themselves? Aokawa's mind started to stray away. In an instant, Aokawa's consciousness snapped back to where they were. They were meeting the clients. Aokawa just silently followed along his team, trying not to get separated.

Aokawa just took a look at the faces of everyone who was there. Some of them he already knew. He took a mental note of those he didn't. His team pretty much already knew he wasn't much a talker. When their team was introduced by their teacher, Aokawa just gave a silent nod of acknowledgement.

Aokawa was partly concerned. He had a very bad feeling about this. But that was Aokawa's general opinion of everything. He wasn't exactly the optimistic type. Aokawa almost shook his head, thinking what they were going to get themselves into this time.

For the duration of the meeting, Aokawa was just silent and stuck to observing. Tsubaki-sensei was there, so there was no need for Aokawa to open his mouth.

Ayumu Susumu 

Ayumu surprisingly seemed to enjoy the trip up. He, at least, had seen snow before. His family was loaded, vacations to the mountains weren't unheard of, and it wasn't his first time in them. However, it was his first time going uphill through them, and constantly he would duck behind a rock, and grab his inhaler inside his sleeves.

He was rather proud of the final product of his clothes. He couldn't find the right jacket afterall that, none tended to come with the sleeves he needed for his jutsu, so he'd had an idea. He'd stitched one of his old clothes he felt was old (3 months), on top of the jacket, and cut slits through the bottom to accommodate. This allowed him the warmth of a real jacket, and the hidden trickery of his sleeves. Even better, he'd found time to incorporate the feathers from his earlier work into the jacket rather than his hair, waste not, want not. He was beginning to admit, he was proud of his needlework, but he wasn't about to brag about it. Sewing was a poor man's hobby afterall. Ryu probably was good at it, and that alone was reason to shun it. 

Ayumu peered at Ryu, especially his clothes. On second thought, probably not that good. Still it was an improvement. The dilemna of a dandy came to his mind. Did he dare praise him? It wasn't anywhere near acceptable, but.... it was a step up.

It was fairly uneventful the trip to the village. It wasn't THAT cold. Though, his lungs hated it one and the same. Still, they weren't in a big rush.

He quietly listened through the explanation, and bowed when sensei said his name. He had to smirk. 'C[COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)]apable and fine genin[/COLOR] ' indeed.

He couldn't help shaking the feeling something was going to happen on this mission. The sentence crossed his mind:

It has likely come into some disrepair given the harsh weather conditions found up here

It crossed it repeatedly. It was likely he'd have to do something he hated.... getting dirty.

There was something else to, though minor. The appearance of cloaked figures? Someone else had likely wandered after the ruins. Probably someone who didn't want to share the credit. He turned to Ryu and Yuuki as they moved.

"My, my, cloaked figures. Do you believe we'll have to fend someone off? I doubt it's 'high stress' myself. Still, I have larger opponents in mind than a couple of deranged archeologists. I doubt it'll be much of a problem. You two haven't been slacking at all lately, have you?"

'In mind' was the paper 'bimbo'. Ayumu had become extremely obsessed. He then sighed, as if getting something heavy off his chest.

"And Ryu. Those clothes are... acceptable. You don't seem to be totally lost to fashion."

He didn't say anything to Yuuki. about it.

Mochizuki Tonbo

Mochizuki seemed extremely jittery the entire time. She shook far more than normal as she approached the village. With her normal surplus of energy, it was hard to tell apart her excitement, and her just plain shivering. It hadn't helped, the first time she saw the snow, she'd dived in screaming, and managed to soak her entire attire. On top of it, her Kekkei Genkai made her more vulnerable to the cold than most. Especially her wings.

The attire she wore wasn't a typical in any reguards, though not in the same way as, say, the peacock. He was weird. She wore custom made clothing because jackets were hard to get into with a large set of wings. Infact, it was more like she was layered in rags several times over. Especially her wings. She was wondering if the fact she hadn't been able to feel them for the last 2 hours to be a bad thing? They grew back though, they'd be fine.... right?

The village in the distance cheered up Mochizuki immensely, mostly because it made everything warmer. She happily hummed away as the researchers introduced themselves. And then everything changed with one phrase.

It is said the old inhabited had long since abandoned the temple over a thousand years ago"

Mochizuki's eyes lit up almost demonically.

"AWESOME! You mean no one has explored or climbed over these ruins for over a thousands years! I get to climb on things no one else has!?"

Mochizuki nearly attached herself to the doctor.

"What have you guys explored so far, Alice? Have you found anything really, really cool yet? Anything old? What are the insides of the ruins like? Is it warmer without any wind? You said it was a fluke.... I dunno what that means, but that's like lucky, right? Who found it exactly? What were they doing in these mountains anyways? -"

Alice had a new best friend. She also was likely to rethink the meaning of the word 'ramble' afterwards too, but Mochizuki continued with a barrage of questions, seemingly forgotten how cold she was. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back