Arc 2: Mysteries of the Past

Mochizuki Tonbo

--------------------

At being told they were being bought as part of a deal, Mochizuki let out an audible 'aw...' She was hoping she'd been chosen for a super simple mission. That would have been worth the cold, and getting her wings cut. She still felt a bit off balance from the sudden relief from her back. Still, she had a promise to keep. She saw herself as the main defense for Alice at least. Kiso was by them, that was something. Maybe she could get back in favor with Kiso? Prove to Kiso she'd gotten stronger, and better as a ninja, and- and...maybe a little less stupid. Training as a med nin under Ayame had helped alot with that, Mochizuki felt tons smarter.

"Nah, our missions just to protect Alice. Looks like it's just the two of use though, so no clue what kinda things would be here. Oo, maybe there is some sort of super special scroll or something here! That'd be awesome. But, Alice says this place is older than ninjas, so no clue what'd be on it. Hey, friend Kiso, what sort of things would you leave if you wanted people to know about you? I'd leave all my books, and crayons behind. They'd tell people exactly what kinda person I am! Wish had something that would say I was a great ninja, but one day!"

Mochizuki's face scrunched up as she thought.

"Hey, Alice, what sorta things do ruins like this gots? Everything I keep thinking of about ninjas. What kinda world wouldn't have ninjas? Oh, and Sage, if they were so special, did everyone love them? What kind of powers did the Sage have? Did everyone respect him for being so strong? Or was there anything else to it."

Mochizuki scanned ahead. She walked a little bit behind Alice, nothing was going to get to her! Then a voice sounded on the radio.

[COLOR= rgb(128, 0, 128)]"Susumu to team. There are definitely traps up ahead. Be careful."[/COLOR]

"Heya, friend Kiso, someone says there's traps in the ruins, we gotta watch out to keep Alice safe. I ain't gunna let this end up like last mission! I don't want someone hurt like Nobu or you again. "

Mochizuki didn't mention 'or her', though she did touch the scar on her neck. It was her fault, so she wasn't going to complain or mention it. That, and Mochizuki knew herself. She'd probably fall of a building somewhere again, getting hurt was normal for her.

(Feel free to make up any Indiana Jone's style if you want Kinzu, show off Kiso's attentiveness or whatever.)

@Kinzu Hekmatyar @Hanarei

Kiso had to think about it for a moment Mochi question did deserve an answer even if Kiso dislike this girl who dragged her down so low. Oh how that thought made her so mad she would scratch her head for a moment it was a no brainer to her as the foremost thought was to impress and frighten those who would find her "tomb" of sorts...or just ruins she thought. "That easy Mochi..i would leave behind the tool that I became renown with,and then I would build a pyramid ...with the skulls of my foes to spook all the thieves away ..and likely a lot of traps to keep people away...also were not friends I won't forget what you did to me..and..you know". Saying that the threat of ambush or setting off a trap could cripple the trio if they weren't careful ,she pushes the chit-chat to the back of her mind as she began to focus her perception ability . 

This wasn't a field trip this was a mission they needed to focus and protect Alice from all threats old and new, she bit her lip could she actually rely on Mochi in a fight . She would have to do even if she simply brought time ,though the same question was if she could stand up to fighting a new foe. She would simply focus on her sensory ability to act as the group's radar . 

@Ganryu @Hanarei

Ago Aburame

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?" 

It appears, Ago has finally managed to get speaking once again. just as it seems the woman introduced herself to the few people who are stuck with her. "A trapp expert!? A FELLOW trap expert! oh my gosh! Oh my gosh~! It's so great to FINALLY meet somebody who can match my genius~! Also, can I say, your seriously pretty, like super pretty, oh my gosh~! Best mission ever~!!!" Ago fangirled for abit, it also seemed that her first layer of coats was shed, revealing herself abit more to the cold... Which was beaten away by her sudden surge of excitement. 

"So like, this pit fall is really cool, but I'd do something with spikes in it yea know? Sure it can keep somebody in there but like what if that person climbs out? then you just gotta hole in the ground! Fill it with ice cold water! that'd do it! Course.. it might freeze... But if yea kept it moving somehow... Meh, whatever, but pitfalls have their own worth." she looked at the trpa she found and knelt down towards the floor. "Thing is with pressure plates they last for a long time, real easy to have em trigger to. press it down, and suddenly you have the trigger, but to somebody with a lick of sense.. they can easily be deactivated." she stuck her tongue out as she pulled from her coat a.... Crowbar? 

"And... one... two.. three.. yoink~!" she plucked the tile from the ground, revealing the trigger mechanism beneath. "Simple stuff, mad old to." she looked down at the mechanism below her. "Push down on that, trips the line and off it goes to destabilize the opening for it to fall. usually just right under the mechanism. So if I just..." she shuffled away and tossed a rock at the mechanism, causing the trap to trigger and turn into open air. "lovely stuff, real smooth walls to. probably couldn't climb out if you weren't a ninja... So eyes to your feet people! i ain't fishing you out!"

Seji had watched as Alice had moved forward, Mochi wasting no time to follow after her. His eyes glanced over looking to Kiso seeing her move forward seeming... less then happy. He fixed his glasses, keeping them on despite the place tiself being darker. He wasn't one for losing his 'style' just because of it not being helpful in the setting he was in. He kept quiet observing the others keeping his hands in his pocket. He figured following Alice would be the best route for him to take. He didn't want any of his Genin getting in any trouble. His eyes shifted over looking over noticing Jin standing by herself... well unless you count her puppet as being someone else.

"Yo puppet gal." He spoke lifting his hand up as if in salute, not quite happy with his 'nickname'. He had to think of something snappy eventually. "Jin, how about yah follow along with lil Mochi and Kiso? As yo squad leads I'd like tah see yah in action." He spoke with a grin looking down upon her. It was strange in a way having someone he never spent time around before. She wasn't someone he was fully familiar with, at least on a personal level. Much of what he knew was based on her profile. 

"Don't worry Jin, yo' kool sensei Seji's got yo back if ya' needs it. I trust ya' more then capable of acting without needin' me directin'." He spoke with a smile keeping up beat with the girl. He wanted to give her a chance to shine, even if it was something as simple as following behind her new teammates to catch up with them.

@AnnoDomini

Mochizuki Tonbo

Mochizuki leaned a bit, her hands still relaxed behind her. She noticeably flinched at Kiso's comment of not forgetting. Mochizuki didn't want her to forget, just to give her another chance. Still, she was talking, that was a start right? Mochizuki just had to keep talking.

"So... basically like these ruins? "

Her hands came out displaying the hall infront of them. Mochizuki thought she saw some bones away in the corner.

"Alice, what'cha leave behind?"

Mochizuki then had her hands came out from her back, spreading out to stop them moving.She pointed to apparently thin air, her eyes were zoomed in.

"So, if you'd fill it full of fill it full of traps, and that peacock guy fell in one earlier, figure that's one? Hey, Alice, whatever ya do, don't touch that wire."

Mochizuki thought for a minute. 

"We gotta pass, but don't want'cha to hurt yourself.... Hey, I know, I'll trigger it!"

Before anyone could disagree, Mochizuki pulled out her gun, and fired at it, setting it off. Groaning was heard in the distance, before several scraps of rust simply fell out the wall onto the floor. They were once a series of blades meant to slice between the gap.

"So, I gots a question. How comes in places like this in the movies the blades never rust, or the torches are always lit, or they somehow gots flamethrowers without the fuel evaporating thousands of years later? Or-or the wires never break til thousands of years later? Always seems weird to me."

Mochizuki put her hands behind her head, and kept walking. They made it quite a distance through the ruins before anything else happened. Wire's weren't anything to catch MochizukiShe felt her foot noticeably sink into the floor. 

"Uh... think this is another one?"

Nothing seemed to happen after a second. Mochizuki bit her fingernail.

"Hey, Kiso, I dun know if this is broke or not, but, uh, can you take Alice ahead? I don't wanna step off of it with her by me. I promised I was her bodyguard, can't let her get hurt! See ya in a few minutes Alice!"

Last edited by a moderator:

79d420cfa14250cf06d9beade90068f3.jpg

Lauren seemed a bit surprised looking upon Ago as the seemingly lifeless girl had sprung to lie at the mentioning of her specialty. "Well... I wouldn't say that... granted I suppose it does give me a good understanding of traps... and I know how to set up a lot of old types of traps... and new ones naturally. The technique of trap making isn't something that changes drastically... although how those techniques are applied can vary greatly in how its executed and combined. Ya' would be amazed at how many variations of traps can be found. Even though they weren't as advance technology wise as we are today, they had found various chemical reactions and other mechanical applications likely without even fully realizing what potential they held." She spoke with a light grin quite amused by her.

Her eyes darted over to Shinn as he adjusted his glasses as if to speak as she cut in. "Oh shut it Shinn, ya' like to ramble on when ya get your own admirers who have the same field of interest as you. Just cuz' you weren't called pretty like me in the proccess" She spoke a bit more teasingly towards Shinn  who simply sighed shaking his head. "I wasn't going to say anything, just lead the way Doctor Colibuer." He responded not to harsh with his words, after all she did speak a little truth knowing what he was thinking at the very least even if he wasn't certain he would actually speak up. 

She walked over looking to Ago watching as she worked to undo the trap before her. She smiled lifting her hand up, giving a thumbs up. "Good job, although ya have to be a lil more careful around more ancient traps. Even the best set traps can find ware over the years, specially with such a huge gap of time like this place. Many of those traps are likely to be duds or perhaps having been set off with a malfunction, but there's always the chance one might be sensitive enough just the wrong touch can set it off... or in the case of certain mechanical contraptions it might not function as it was meant to. Had witnessed a few swing traps before frayed or disrupted in such a way they went swinging in crooked making their usual safe spot dangerous. Typically though at the very least malfunctioning its no where near as bad as if it worked right."

She stepped past, pointing down to a tile ushering the others to avoid it, the stone itself off to the side more so being cautioning no one goes wide legged and goes wandering over towards it. "The traps here, mostly these early ones are meant to be non lethal, well most likely given they didn't have something down there. From what we know of places kinda similar to this and primarily through the research we have they weren't exactly the types to be violent, any innocent bystanderd who snuck in they would hope to catch in earlier traps. The more dangerous types would likely be ahead to stop the more nefarious type who seek to do no good with whatever they had here. I suspect your friend probably might of got into a trap similiar to that if they got in some trouble." 

@Orikanyo @Ganryu @One Mean Ghost

[SIZE= 36px]Jin Kusarigama[/SIZE]

Jin snapped back to reality, looking at her new teacher. She frowned at him calling her 'puppet gal', turning around and standing near her puppet, crossing her hands on her chest. "Yo." Shooting her teammates a look, she nods, clearing her throat. Patting her puppet, it rose up, following her closely behind, going next to Kiso at first. She could feel she had something against Mochi. She wondered how someone so happy-go-lucky could anger someone, or what she did to her.

Looking at Mochi, she smiled a bit, moving close to her. Slowly putting a hand on her back, she looked at her. "Try speaking less deary. You'll lose your voice, and that would be a tragedy." As soon as she finished to say that, Mochi shot her pistol and Jin jumped back a little, the puppet jumping in front of her, already armed to riposte, along with Jin crossing her hands, looking ready.

But, after the knifes fell, she breath easily. "Guard mode." The puppet stayed in place as Jin went in front of it. Looking closely at the fallen trap, she could see the knifes were really rusted. Looking back at her teacher, she put a hand on her hip, grinning. "You may have my back, teacher. But who will protect me from her?" She giggles, pointing at Mochi.

At the next sort-of trap, Jin looked at Mochi. "I can try something, Mochi." Jin said, taking looking at her puppet. "I can use Mother to try and get you out fast. I can control her directly." The puppet grabbed her arm, the enveloped her, holding her tight. She then threw Mochi out of the embrace, Jin managing to catch her. The puppet stayed in place, the floor tile not moving up at all. "Just say when Mochi. We will see what will happen."

@Ganryu@Hanarei@Kinzu Hekmatyar

Kiso

Kiso glanced over at Mochi as she spoke about some sort of non-sense seesh she though ,you have to be careful . Now her comrade had tripped a trap luckily it wasn't a simple trap ,though long as her comrade kept pressure on the plate everything should be fine. Than their newest teammate showed off their talent she was a puppeteer interesting Kiso thought ,as she ran her hands through her short hair . Kiso hadn't met a puppeteer before so this would be her first experience of their ability ,as the girl save Mochi with her puppet Kiso watched with a air of annoyance. Was Mochi worth the puppet bah that was rude she thought glance over at Alice ,than back to her teacher . She wonder if Seiji regretted being their teach or if he held a grudge for their actions ,rubbing her side in thought bitterly .

Though she gave Mochi a sharp scowl now that she was safe ,Oh how she wanted to punch this girl on the shoulder. Those heroic with oh I got this and go ahead and other non-chanty heroic line made Kiso so annoyed ,she would suddenly grab onto Mochi collar pulling her free of Jin ,"Oi stop your heroic talk princess ,cause it getting on my nerves don't put other over your own health you nymph " she would hiss in disdain releasing Mochi giving a sharp glance at Jin,"Thanks for looking out for her ." Grumbling as she glance back to Alice,"were to from here?".

@AnnoDomini @Hanarei @Ganryu

[SIZE= 26px]Tsubaki Mifune[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 26px]Yuuki Mifune[/SIZE]

Yuuki groaned and rubbed his eyes at Ayumu's report. So not only were there traps, but his flamboyant teammate had apparently waltzed right into one. He reached up and turned on his mic, "Mifune to Susumu, you okay over there?"

"Of course I'm alright, pleeb." The voice on the other end hissed between gasps, "Who do you think I am?"

Yuuki sighed, shaking his head. Yeah he's alright... Ayumu's snark was nothing new but it was a decent enough indicator that his teammate was in one piece for the time being. Though Yuuki couldn't help but wonder if Ayumu would even call for backup if he'd gotten into a mess... The genin was interrupted from his thoughts by Alice speaking up once more, the researcher's excitement lacing her every word. He tilted his head as she mentioned this temple having once been the home for sages from ancient times. It's still not magic though, he groaned and rubbed his eyes.

Tsubaki shrugged at Shinn's apology. She had Ago for a student, such bursts of excitement were nothing new for her to deal with. Seeing two of her students studying the locked door with a different researcher, she moved over towards them and motioned for Yuuki to follow. Two teams' worth of shinobi had already split up, there wasn't much point in off setting the balance between them.

Once Aki had vanished under the door, Yuuki quirked an eyebrow at the genin's announcement on the torches being lit and the hall seemingly cared for. Torches don't last very long, perhaps an hour at best. They clearly weren't alone in here. "Be on your guard," Tsubaki advised as the door swung open. Violet and gold eyes both seemed to glow ever so slightly in the dark of the hallway. Tsubaki took point, her eyes being more developed than her brother's. The months of Ago's shenanigan's would help to spot any potential trap in the area.

Outside of lit torches and the area being well cared for in comparison to the rest of the temple, the corridors they walked through were relatively plain. No traps, or guardians, or anything else bothered the group as they walked. The walk continued like that for several minutes before the hallway opened up into a large room. Remnants of what were likely beds could be seen on the floor, ancient scrolls could be spotted on decaying shelves, it must have been where the inhabitants of the temple once lived.

@AnnoDomini@Hanarei@Red

Yumiko.jpg

Alice looked over hearing the voice of another Genin seeing Kiso. She laughed a bit scratching her head not paying too much attention to were she was going. She smiled wanting to elaborate what exactly it was they were doing there as a research team... perhaps overthinking what Kiso wanted to know. "Huh? Oh, I mean its plausible we could find such a thing and we would take it if its in a good enough condition to bring back without it being damaged in the process. Mostly we are attempting to study all we can of this place and get as much information as possible. Much of what we will take down will simply be recorded. If there is more we wish to take from such a place chances are we will establish a second trip with a larger team and more materials to salvage any bits we can take back for a closer analysis. We don't want to damage such a place either in the process. A place so rich in history it is important we attempt to preserve it as much as humanly possible." She spoke lifting her hand up smiling as she spoke as if a teacher speaking to a bunch of students, able to tell the joy she was having in explaining things out.

She turned to Mochi smiling brightly. "Well, Sages were much more on the reclusive side. As far as how they were revered... we aren't completely sure. A lot of what was known was just mentioning of their existence. They weren't all that prominent in the world. The only real case we do have of them mentioned was of an old account from what we believe to be a noble speaking of them in less then happy terms for being a hassle, though we aren't sure exactly what just that they must of butted heads with that person. Its mostly just gossip that was left behind and the little bit of work we found that seemed to originate from a Sage or their followers... although its hard to tell if its factual or if they are simply myths. It really makes it that much more exciting to find out the truth doesn't it?" She spoke happily to the girl. 

As they traveled ahead she could hear the two talking a bit before quiet occurring. She heard the sweet Mochi speak looking back. "Leave behind? Um..." She spoke glancing back blinking. "Oh... I guess I left my entire pack.... Oh well! I got a good memory to use for now!" She spoke tapping her finger against her head. She had forgotten her stuff back yet again in her hasty trip forward. Nothing she couldn't deal without, chances are she wouldn't find anything she needed to carefully extract... or at least she could wait to try and take it returning later to grab it.  She was suddenly shot back to reality stopping short right before she ran into the wire. She stepped back, a bit taken back as the rusted metal fell out harmlessly, evident it was worn out from such a long period of time lacking any maintenance at all. 

Alice looked to Mochi, staring at her before being ushered ahead, following Kiso. "Okay... see you soon!" She waved carefree despite the potential danger Mochi could of found herself in. She seemed to buy right into it being far to similiar to the Genin in certain ways. She looked ahead before looking to Kiso pointing further as the large open room seemed to mimic the one from the entrance of the complex, although more square like in shape, four pillars positioned partially in from the corners. "Forward! I'm almost certain what we want is straight ahead!"

Seji had kept back having caught up with Jin though remaining some distance behind. He wanted to minimize his own involvement letting them take charge as a group... though he couldn't deny it wasn't exactly the best combination he seen. He watched Mochi set off the trap only to step in another. He smiled a bit as Jin tried to help finding it as a good first step. He would have to get their rumps in gear training as a team for certain after the mission. Not to mention to help them on their 'kool' factor a bit more. Kool was an important part about being a shinobi.

"Keep yo' focus ahead, yahs got all yer' own rhythems, gotta learn notta' clash but tah' dance together." She spoke as if giving some words of wisdom. He kept standing back from them. His head turned, briefly catching a glimpse of something in the shadow sinking away. He kept a serious expression whatever it was seeming to have gone already leaving the room empty once more. He kept silent, not mentioning it to the others as he continued to keep some distance, dropping further behind the others keeping observant should anything decide to pop out as they ventured deeper in. 

@Ganryu @Kinzu Hekmatyar @AnnoDomini

Mochizuki Tonbo

A slap sounded in the small hallway.

"I ain't a princess! Ninnyhammer!"

Mochizuki jumped back, before looking at her hand, then at Kiso's face. Then at Alice and the rest of her team. Uncharacteristically, Mochizuki's face flushed as it dawned on h

"I-... Sorry! SorrySorrySorry! Didn't mean it like, I just don't like that word. Imma, uh, scout ahead. Take care of Alice, Jin! 'kay, thanks."

Mochizuki rushed down the hallway,like a bat out of hell. Thankfully she found no further traps. The one Jin's puppet was on would release a simple rock from the ceiling.

Whatever room they were searching for, Mochizuki cleared it. Not really looking at it, Mochizuki opted for a corner, sitting against the wall against an imaginary bench looking at her hands.

"Goshdangit, Mochi. How do I do friends!?"

Mochizuki made a handsign, and took a deep breath.... impossibly deep. She'd heard deep breathing helped people calm down from Ayame. She wasn't quite getting it though. Sitting still made her blood feel like a bubble bath, so Mochizuki zipped up from her imaginary bench, and flitted around the room, in the name of scouting, though her attention span was non existent. So many thoughts flooded her head. She just had to move, just move and keep moving. What was in the room anyways?

--------------------------------------------

Dr. Tueor && Lumen

Dr. Tueor's eyebrows raised a bit as Aki disappeared underground, only to reappear again.

"Man, that ninja mojo would be useful."

The stick in his mouth bobbed up and down as he talked. Looking down the hallway, he observed the torches He then looked at the ground under Aki.

"It messes with the ruins though, don't use it too much, kid. We want to preserve this as much as possible. Trust me, I'd kill for a light right about now. Speaking of which, you light those with your ninja voodoo?"

Lumen at that time looked at the torches more closely.

"Amazing... This wood's not native. Infact, nearest place these days is around Chikagakure. Tueor, you know the implications of this? It means either a trade route, or a discovery of a type of plant here in the past. This torch looks weird though. It's old, extremely old, yet still strong."

Tueor shook his head.

"Come on, you can look at wood later. We've got to map out these ruins before we can set up investigations. If you like it that much, take it with you."

The rest of the trip was fairly boring. Unlike the other two paths, beyond the steel door, no traps were laid. It seems whoever built it felt like it would be enough. Their path led to a large room, slightly elevated to the rest of the temple. Something stood out immediately in the room. The entire east wall was lined with wood, sprawling out like the roots to a tree. At the center of the wall was a bookcase, filled with tatters of scrolls, mostly dust by now. A single scroll stood intact, at an odd 45 degree angle

In the rest of the room, it had several remains of bed, yet remarkably, wooden frames for many of them stood untouched by time, though whatever material made the actual bed was disintegrated many years earlier.

Tueor's eyes were the ones to light up this time. 

"Alright, this is my kind of stuff. Well, guys, what do you think? I know I would have said it looked like a bunch'a dust when I was your age, but trust me, this is some cool stuff. Well, check it for traps, and I'll get to work."

The two got to work fairly quickly, Tueor began to exam a few of what was left of some of the scrolls while 'puffing' his stick. He looked perplexed at one.

"Sage.... auto__ated __ems.... natural energy...ninshu....
Hmm. Real pity most of this is destroyed, some real learning to be done here. Heh, could do some real learning here."

@KageYuuki @AnnoDomini

For much of the journey, Aokawa did nothing notable but blend in and endure, something he was probably naturally good at and had much practice doing. Not once did he complain about the freezing temperature outside, nor the strangeness of their situation. It was after all a ninja's job to endure.

Aokawa was always a quiet kid, something his teammates and teacher had most probably been accustomed to by now. He would just observe and follow instructions, and only act out of line when necessary.

Once they were inside, everyone started forming separate groups. Something that Aokawa thought was a horrible idea. Who knows what they'd encounter in this place? But that wasn't up to him. He was after all just a Genin.

When his teacher took point, Aokawa immediately assumed he was on rearguard duty. Following closely with the group in front of him, Aokawa kept his eyes peeled. This place was quiet. Too quiet for his liking. The best he could do was stay ready whenever Tsubaki-sensei would need him to do something.

There was a sense of unease that shrouded Aokawa as they made it to the large room. "Traps weren't made to be obvious." he thought to himself. He couldn't keep his restlessness to himself so he approached his teacher.

"Sensei, this doesn't sit well with me. For a place like this that's supposed to be housing something important, this is too straightforward. I can't help but have a bad feeling about this." he told his teacher in a low voice, trying to avoid unsettling the others. His instincts could be wrong, and he'd prefer if they were. It was just better to be safe than sorry. If something was to happen, this seemed to be one of the most likely places.

@KageYuuki @Hanarei

Kiso 

Kiso didn't even see it coming only the sharp pain, her head turning from the surprise blow. The blow silence her as her eyes went blank, as her cheek burn with the pain of the blow. Her own hand going to her face lightly holding her stinging face, looking at her feet something began to re-emerge from her memory banks. Her mother flashed into view only for a moment, she remembers it cleared it was the day she left home. She had said the word,"Mother" to her and she snapped suddenly striking her face though way harder than Mochi. Then suddenly snapping back to the present she blinked a few times more as her anger began to rise, though the chanting starts low in her head,*I'll  kills her * and it began a mental repetition. However, on the outside, Kiso stayed reserve with intention of hiding her sudden spike in anger. Her hand rubbing her cheek as she glared at Mochi, and that when she decide she'll get even with her at some point, but when she didn't notice she would glance at Alice for a moment. This woman hadn't been paying attention to began with so Kiso didn't expect her to pick up on their dispute now. 

Then a glance at the puppeteer and her sensei only to gauge them before she, then she would go after Mochi scouting path a scowl on her face, her mind was at work..

[SIZE= 48px]Akihiro Tsubasha[/SIZE]

Akihiro smiled when Tueor said something about his skill. Looking at the ground he nods slowly, patting his weapon taht was hanging off his back-side. Letting out a laugh at the mention of "Ninja Voodoo", he shook his head as a negative sign. He then looked at Lumen, rather dumbfounded. Following them, Aki took small notes about the place, trying to stand ready to react in case something happens. Aki always fell for Ago's traps, but he would sometimes have good reflexes and dodge them.

Aki let out a silent [SIZE= 10px]"Wow."[/SIZE] at the scene in front of him. He looked at the beds, yawning a little, shaking his head. Then, the bookcase got his attention. Slowly making his way there, he looked at the others, not saying a word. He had once again put his scarf at his mouth, now standing in place and looking at the odd scroll standing at a weird angle. Aki knew that it was a trap... It had to be. But, on a second thought, the last lever oppened the door for them. What if this does the same?

Gulmping loudly, Aki took the scroll, revealing a lever. Pulling it, Aki closed his eyes, letting out a rather scared yelp. But, the bookcase simply mooved out of the way, revealing a staircase. "...I think I found something... Again..." Aki's voice was rather questioning, as he was not sure if this was either a blessing, or just a build-up to something bad. Looking at the others, he stood beside the door, having his arms crossed to his chest.

@KageYuuki@Ganryu@Red

Violet eyes moved over towards the concerned Genin that quietly spoke beside her. "It's good you're concerned, a shinobi should never let their guard down. Not if you wish to carry out your mission." Tsubaki looked over the room once again, the area was clearly some kind of living quarters. The chances of there actually being traps here were thankfully rather slim. Not that she'd just assume that was the case. She preferred to keep herself, her students and client living after all.

At the sound of a yelp, Tsubaki appeared at Aki's side in a near instant. Luckily the boy didn't trigger a trap, but he did stumble onto something fairly interesting. That said... "I do advise against blindly pulling levers, Akihiro." The Jounin spoke in a low voice so the others wouldn't overhear before lightly ruffling his hair. "Be on your guard, I doubt this passage will be as simple as the last."

Once again, Yuuki and Tsubaki were in the lead, their Ryugan scanning the path ahead for any sign of danger. Though the further down the path and flights of stone steps, they didn't run into traps. Instead the air steadily grew warmer and the path filled with more and more plants. It wasn't long before Yuuki's focus drifted from searching for traps to studying the flora surrounding them. He lightly brushed his thumb across a petal of a nearby flower. "I've seen this growing around the village." He gestured to another nearby plant, "I even have those in my garden at home. What are they doing all the way out here?" He'd be lying if he said he wasn't trying to figure out how to transplant the flowers that glowed a faint blue back home.

Yuuki shook his head, crossing his arms. "All these plants need completely different environments to grow. They're not even getting sunlight down here so what gives?" There was definitely something strange at play here.

@Ganryu@AnnoDomini@Red

Dr Lumen && Tueor 
_________

A shrill gasp and thud resounded as the passage opened. Lumen was on the floor. Tueor looked down and sighed, not in the least bit worried.

"Don't mind him. He does this sometimes when he gets too excited. You get used to it. He'll be fine. Told you you'd see cool stuff."

True to the word, Lumen was up, and in a flash examining the plants down the passage, darting around as they went. It was a sharp contrast to his quiet demeanor entering the temple.

Further and further they went down the hallway, winding slowly downward deeper into it. Roots covered the passage, with many small plant inbetween. In some places it was so thick, the group had to climb through small patches to proceed. As they went further down the passage, it became warmer. Strangely, no lights were needed. A gentle green glow lit the passage. It was faint at first, but only grew as they went lower down. Lumen flitted around, a notebook filled in minutes at inhuman speed. Tueor followed leerily behind, his hands out to catch Lumen incase he fell again. Lumen nodded at Yuuki's comment.

"You are correct, many of these are found around Kemuri, and all of them shouldn't be here. There's no rhyme or reason. This is a discovery of epic proportion. There's no sunlight, in the middle of a frozen temple, and yet it is filled with fauna of all regions!" He gasped again, similiar to before, making Tueor nervous. "This plant is extinct! Or at least was thought to be! I can't believe this."

Lumen sighed, dropping his hands, as if to say 'screw it'. He turned to the wall, noticing some writing. His eyebrows raised, and he bit on his toothpick.

"Huh... says BEWARE. Might want to look out for traps or the like again. Though, can't see them surviving these plants. Nature tends to destroy places like this."

@KageYuuki @AnnoDomini @Red

Aokawa Nakajima

Aokawa followed along with the rest of his team, still on edge and alert. He preferred to keep his guard up. He didn't want to miss anything that might end up making things difficult for them. It was also unknown territory. Who knows what this place had in store for them.

It took a while but someone said something about the plants.

Yuuki was right. Aokawa also thought it was strange. The roots and plants around them were also huge and was intertwined with their surroundings. Aside from the fact that it would take much to sustain this much, it also seemed like these plants have been here for an absurdly long time. How was that even possible, given what kind of place this ruin was situated at?

He was both amazed and weary of the facts that the researcher told them about the plants. It just helped confirmed his suspicion that there was more to this place than meets the eye.

Aokawa almost missed it, but given that he was on alert the whole time, he spotted something glimmer from a crack on the wall. It was difficult to spot as it was buried under roots and dirt behind the wall.

Aokawa peeled of the worn down layer of the wall. It took some effort, but he wanted to investigate. He started digging away the dirt and roots that were in the way to see where that faint glimmer came from.

Aokawa was able to see it more clearly. It was a weird object, almost metallic in make. Some of it's parts were already rusted. The green color was faded. The thing that glimmered was a jewel-like or glass-like object. It was red. It was hard to see the rest of this thing as it was embedded deeper into the wall, covered completely by dirt and roots. From the look of things, it seemed to have been attached to something bigger. Aokawa thought this was something worth reporting back to his teacher.

"Tsubaki-sensei! Come quick! I think I found something..." he called out to the rest of the group.

"I don't like this..." he thought to himself.

@AnnoDomini

@KageYuuki

@Ganryu

Yuuki looked back at Lumen and nodded. The was no reason any of those plants should be able to grow where they were. Yet here they were, practically taking over the entire passageway. "Mmm, I bet Tida-San would love to see this..." The Genin mused, still eyeing the unusual plants until Tueor spoke up. Beware? Beware what exactly? "As much as these plants have taken over in here, I'd be surprised if any traps survived." If there were any to begin with.

Meanwhile Tsubaki seemed focused on studying something only she could see. "I'm not sure if it's connected with the amount of plants flourishing in here," her violet eyes shifted to the pair of researchers. "But this entire tunnel is flooded with chakra, a kind I've never seen before." She looked around the tunnel once more before shaking her head, "It's been getting more concentrated the further down the path we've moved."

'Even I've never seen it before,' Akira mused in the back of her mind.

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 205)]"Tsubaki-sensei! Come quick! I think I found something..."[/COLOR]

In a few short steps, the Jounin was at his side, studying the strange object. "A statue of some kind?" She frowned, with the air already so thick with chakra, it was hard to see if any was actually inside the strange figure. Tsubaki shook her head, motioned for Aokawa to take a few steps back. "We may have found that trap..."

@Ganryu@AnnoDomini@Red

Seji watched as Mochi suddenly delivered a smack to Kiso's face despite his attempt to settle them down. He let out a sudden sigh. Alice seemed a bit taken back looking on quite baffled. Seji waved his hand from the back as if attempting to usher her to not worry.... granted it looked more as a friendly wave to Alice. It was then Seji's eyes shifted again spotting the blur in the shadows. A serious expression was on his face glancing around keeping quiet. His hand slipped into his clothing grabbing onto a few Kunai. Try'in to sneak up on us eh?  He continued to fall behind need mentioning it to his students keeping his eyes locked a head, stepping a bit forward as Mochi ran off ahead a bit more.

As Mochi lenaed over, a few robed figure hovered nearby. One was crouched down, upside down upon the ceiling 8 feet above her. The robed figure suddenly jumped down, its conceaeld arms seeming to come together smashing down towards the young Genin as if attempting to smash her while she was not aware. It was around that time four more cloaked figures jumped out from the shadows one each aiming at Kiso, Jin, Seji, and Alice. Seji had all but been prepared  as a Kunai flew quickly to the one heading to Alice before it could get close, striking into it making a strange noise as if it had struck wood, the figure flying back just as Seji ducked away from the other striking at him clearing some distance between them.

"Wh... what the? Who are they? Tomb robbers!" Alice spoke taken back looking on in a bit of shock. She stepped back a bit keeping in place not knowing what to do.

@Kinzu Hekmatyar  @Ganryu  @AnnoDomini

64559653-368-k567769.jpg

The female researcher pushed ahead keeping her eyes ahead. She blinked stopping as she glanced over noticing one of the traps seeming to of been pulled, a large hole extending out. She examined in closely, before nodding. "Hello, anyone down there? Might wanna come up here if ya are or call out for help." She called out, the trap having been activated by a rather fashionable shinobi though she wasn't certain who had done it nor if they had already escaped.  The hallway seemed to be trap city for one reason or another... likely being more so a 'false' route people traveled through going around the temple.

It was at that moment several cloaked figures jumped from the shadows darting towards the group. Shinn standing in the back had just barely shifted before Lauren spoke out. "Careful there are still traps here!" She called out as the shadowed figures seemed to instinctively move, knowing exactly where to maneuvor avoiding the traps as they came to the group of scientists and Shinobi seeking a fight.

@Ganryu @Orikanyo @One Mean Ghost

((*Note: Feel free to treat the cloaked figures as cannon fodder to fight off as you please and introduce more. Have fun showing your stuff.... I will say they aren't actually humans though have a roughly human shape. ))

"Stay behind me." Ryu remarked with a strange calm as the color seemed to drain out of his eyes. He reached behind him, pulling he cap off of his scroll as water spilled around him before springing to life, tendrils of the liquid seeming to follow the movements of his hands. A flick of his wrist, and the water shot out, wrapping around the neck of the closest target before Ryu turned on his heel, seemingly in a trance that caused the watery tendril to whip the target around like a ragdoll, crashing him into the other targets before the second tendril wrapped around the ankles. Without so much as batting an eye, Ryu threw his hands out to either side and the shadowy figure was ripped completely in half. 

Ryu held his hands up in front of him. "Water clone jutsu..." The words were murmured as watery copies of himself rose up from the remaining water around him. "Let none of them pass...."

In a hallway like this, Ryu's jutsu was exceptionally powerful. The hallway itself functioned as a funnel, or, more appropriately... a meat grinder. Multiplying himself multiplied the devastating effects of his jutsu.

One of the Shadowy figures had each arm trapped before a pressurized pulse of water pierced clean through the chest, the remains discarded as the tendrils moved onto the next victim. Even as the carnage unfolded, Ryu's expression remained unchanged across all of his clones. He was, after all, raised as a mercenary. Killing, even a brutal massacre like this, he had all but been desensitized to. When the color drained from his eyes. He wasn't the same Ryu his peers knew him as. He was a Mizuchi, a cold blooded killer.

A hand slipped into his sleeve, pulling forth a trench knife as a figure somehow got through the web of terrible tendrils. He held up his free hand, an aqua jet now knocking the figure towards him as he swung, the trench knife cutting straight through the neck as the remains fell limply behind him. 

This was the destructive power of the Mizuchi clan, in particular, the deadly force of their Serpent's Strike. 

Even though he would seem just a boy to the researchers, now they received a grim reminder that even these children with them were Shinobi.

[SIZE= 36px]Jin Kusarigama[/SIZE]

Jin smiled at Kiso. "Well, it's not for a lack o-" Jin stopped to look at Mochi, as the slap really caught her by surprise, although the ninihammer comment made her grin a little. "Darling wai-" She looked at Mochi rush into the hallway. Turning to Kiso, she gave her a less than savory look, chosing not to say anything. Jin went next to her teacher, the puppet following her, realesing a rock from the ceiling. "Teacher, should I go find Mo-" She noticed Senji spotted something, and, when the first kunai was launched, Jin was already ready for combat.

"Mom, protect Alice!" The puppet moved in front of Alice, taking a kunai to the head. The puppet's head returned into normal position, two kunai launching at the target. Again, the sound of wood could be heard as the figure fell down. Jin managed to move out of the way of the kunai, it managing to scrape her shoulder. The pain was sharp, but Jin managed to bare it, getting out a kunai of her own. Holding it in her other hand, she slided forward, stabbing her first target in the chest. It was hard getting the kunai out, so she left it there.

Another figure jumped at her, as a second one passed her. Jin managed to dodge the first swing, as she jumped over him, sticking a kunai in its back. The puppet, still in front of Alice looked at the target, it jumping from place to place. Jin looked back, and, with a fling from her finger, a barage of kunai launched from her, almost tearing the target to pieces. Jin smiled, holding her left shoulder, then looked in front of her. "Mochi! Come back darling!" The puppet moved behind Alice, enveloping her in the cloth, covering her chest area with her hands. It functioned like a make-shift armor, as the wood was strong enough to witstand kunais.

@Ganryu@Hanarei@Kinzu Hekmatyar

Mochizuki Tonbo & Kiso Ringo

Mochizuki

Mochizuki's blood felt like a bubble bath racing so fast, and her eyes darted all around the room, though her attention was shot as she chanted a mantra.

"Friends... friends... gotta do friends...."

She failed to notice the figure dropping on her. She wondered what the sudden smash sound she heard was. Or why she was suddenly on the floor, or why everything was suddenly red. Dizzily she looked up at the figure as pain pulsed in the back of her head. It grabbed her by the neck, and slammed her neckfirst  against a wall, Mochi still not figuring out what was going on. Looking at the figure's arm, she noted it was covered in a thick gauntlet. 

---------

Kiso

One of the figures leaping at Alice's group flew towards Kiso in particular. It reachers it's cloaked arms out as if going for a hug; jumping with a hand coming for behind her head, and the other gently wrapping forward, before quickly turning into a jab at her chest. It was quick in it's movements. 

Kiso being the one farthest forward she would see the creature that ambushed Mochi, these creatures dare that girl it was up to Kiso to help her..maybe..though this feeling her chest scream out in concern creature darted toward her. 

Kiso would deal with the first obvious threat in front of her,as she would wait just for a brief moment for the creature to get into range.  These brief moment felt like the world had begun to slow down, and once the creature in front of her got into range . Using the Katana on her back to do a quick draw in a downward arc cutting deep into the shoulder, she had attempted to feed her blade with lightning however it had failed .  The blade got stuck unleasing a push kick shoving the first on back,releasing the grip of her blade . Thats when the next one appear unleashing a jab ,"Ack!" . She brought her arms ups to block,and would stumble back  drawing her kunai . Darting forward the kunai in her hand suddenly glowing in a light blue hue, Kiso heart had began to race Moch was really in trouble she had to break through these two clowns.  The first uninjured one eyes gleam with killer intent as it darts foward ,its arm turning into blurrs as Kiso atempts to dodge are in vain and is batter for her charge "tsk" It's movement were to fast stumbling backward as it kept advance . Rubbing her nose as a light streak of blood flowed ,leaning foward slightly duoble over seeming like she was on her last legs her kunai had stopped glowing . The creature dash forward now was it chance to finish this girl with a swift blow to the skull,as it brought its hand down on Kiso its was assured kill. However in a lightning quick fashion ,Kiso seem to act without her own mental accord  her kunai that suddenly was imbued with lightning again.  Slicing upward the hand of the creature went sailing upward as it attempted to jump back Kiso matched its step,her eyes seem to off just blank orbs . Flashing her kunai driving its into the creature skull ,slicing downard spilting it down middle destorying it . 

All Kiso could think was "kill..kill..kill" her mind was a muddy mess she wasn't sure if it was just the blows she received or just inner daemon it didn't matter she had to get to Mochi the loud ringing echoing in her head . No time to linger as she landed the remain of her foe clatter to the ground as Kiso landed scattering the halves launching forward. The other creature had free the blade from its stricken shoulder, it only had one good arm as it slashed at Kiso. Who ducked under the attack moving slicing upward removing the its wrist with her lightning imbue kunai ,and catching the now discarded katana than unleashing a torso horizontal cut in a quick fashion to slice the creature in half . Then a blurr of wild slashes shredding the creature  ,her chest felt some sort of delight and excitment of this fight she was seeing red. Only with a single for left, she would flicker suddenly,appearing above the creature holding her katana with both hands going for a diving attack. The Last creature seem to have notice as it would be forced to drop Mochi as it turn to catch Kiso blade ,stopping the attack  Kiso feet landed on its chest now struggling to push her blade into its head. 

"Mochi snap out of it ...will 'ja stop being so useless and get in the fight !". She gritted her teeth while clashing with the foe. From behind Kiso two more of these strange creature seem to appear coming toward Kiso exposed back preparing to assit there comrade struggle . 

---------

Mochizuki

Mochizuki snapped back to it as Kiso saved her, before her friend was in danger.

"Friend Kiso, look out!"

Her gun instantly appeared to her lips, and she fired two quick shots at the creatures, where the necks would be in each, knocking them back slightly. A crack was heard from each shot. It was the jugular, Ayame had taught her that one!

The creatures flew back, but came to a stop. Mochizuki looked oddly at them. These things were not human. Jin called for them to fall back.  Mochizuki would do that in just one second. She just had to get these things away from Kiso and the rest of them. She called back to Jin.

"I'll be right there! Just protect Alice! We gots to, it's a job."

Then she turned to Kiso, nodding her head slightly, her hand slipped into her pouch.

"Ready, friend Kiso?"

---------------------------------------------------------

Kiso

Kiso would kick off the creature chest bounding away, while the kick would send the creature smashing into the wall behind it. Leaving it to stun  leaving an opening for Mochi to quickly bound in slapping an explosive tag onto the creature face then fluttering back to land next to Kiso.  An explosion would engulf the creature its body vanishing in the fiery explosion. 

Kiso would have landed in a crouch position rubbing her nose, though her body was slightly batter but ok for the most part. As she thought did they just perform a simple combo attack together? ,"...tisk..don't get no funny ideas we only work together to survive ..let's get back with the other ". She would stand up glancing over at mochi  her eyes seem to have settled down some but her tone hadn't eased up seeming to be still somewhat bitter about the slap. Though deep down her heart race she had down her first collaboration move even if it was a simple move it made her happy deep down. Turning away with a small grin forming as she began to run back to the others. 

Ayumu Susumu

Ayumu for his part, did manage to climb out the hole, just a few moments before Ryu appeared. He rolled his eyes.

"Of course, of all the paths you could have taken in this temple, you chose this one. Well, I suppose fashion does draw it's admirers."

Shadows gathered in the distance, causing Ayumu to sigh.

"Oh, look, here come some more."

He quickly started off with a series of handsigns. 

Demonic Illusion: Hell Viewing Technique

They didn't start or slow down in the least. Ayumu pouted in response as Ryu ran into them with sickening efficiency. Sighing, Ayumu started a new jutsu. He'd been saving this one. He might have practiced it a bit on Ryu, but Ryu had yet to see it completed. Still, not like he could see what was going on.

Curtains of Tanabata-hime

A few of the more back ranked cloaked figures began to squirm, fighting against an unknown assault. Curtains would close in around them to their own minds, wrapping them up to prevent movement. A few flicks of Ayumu's wrists, and a few throwing knives would complete the immobilization. It was a job well done. He smirked, there was no need to be barbaric about it. Then Ryu was barbaric about it, killing the downed figures.

A clank echoed across the room. It was Ayumu's turn to smack Ryu in the back of the head. What Ayumu lacked in strength, was likely made up for the fact his sleeves were covered in knives and quite heavy.

"What, exactly, do you think you are doing, Ryuunosuke?"

He looked back at their client. It wasn't a good time.

"We'll talk back at the village."

---------------------------------------

Dr Tueur && Lumen

As if on cue to his report, a red light emitted from the statue Ao had found, from a singular eye like jewel. The green glow in the room lessened, but was replaced by several similiar red lights. A metallic voice sounded through the chamber, before being picked up by others, quickly becoming a chant.

"Koee paaranashabd nahin. Ghusapaithie nishkaasit, achchhee tarah se raksha."

Dr. Tueor looked taken back for a minute by it, before translating.

"Translation: no password, expel intruder, protect the well. Huh, good thing Alice bought the services of so many ninjas. I don't think they're friendly. I'm kinda curious what well their talking about. They are from before ninjas, so they're probably the last defense to it. Well guys, you're good right? We find this well, and it'll be the highlight of the expedition."

Tueor didn't seem to doubt their strange 'voodoo' any as far as taking care of these things.

A creaking sound was heard as they broke out of their wooden bonds that nature had given them, rushing at the group, showing their form for the first time. 

latest

However, each and everyone one of them was incredibly rusty. Nature had eaten through most of their shells, holes and thinning rampant throughout their forms. 

Aokawa Nakajima

Aokawa acted quickly and instinctively. Their priority was to keep the researchers safe. Without much pause, Aokawa jumped back as the golems emerged.

"I'm sorry 'bout this." he said as he grabbed two doctors. Their bodies started to blur, and in an instant, they disappeared.

They reappeared to a relatively further place. Aokawa used the Body Flicker Technique and carried doctors Tueur and Lumen to a place in the large room where they wouldn't be easy targets, and would be easy to defend them from the golems.

"Sensei!" he yelled. "I have the researchers." Aokawa added.

He immediately noticed the clanking sounds the golems made. From the looks of their condition, they've probably seen better days, and will never see them again. Rusty and barely functional, they'd prove to be a lesser match to his teammates. But the mission was to protect the researchers, and that's what he was going to do.

He observed the make of one of the nearer golems and noticed that it struggled to move. Some of its parts were too heavy to move now. Maybe if they were in better conditions, they could've moved more seamlessly, but that wasn't the case.

He drew Sangetsu and Yashamaru as two golems tried to attack them. He quickly dispatched of the first one that arrived, cutting of its arms with one slash aimed at the thing's elbow and another slash to its shoulder, and then jump-kicking it away. He also used his momentum from the kick to vault himself to the other one. This time he aimed his slashes to its legs, severing them from the knee down, while evading its slow attack. The clanging sound of metal, as parts of the golem were flying could be heard loudly. He finished off the other one by driving his swords into the golem's head, carefully targeting the rusted and weakened parts. He stepped off and kicked the golem, like the previous one.

"Tsubaki-sensei! Their joints can't sustain their weight anymore!" He pointed out the golem's weakness. "The rust also makes it easier to destroy them!" he added.

@Ganryu

@KageYuuki

@AnnoDomini

[SIZE= 36px]Akihiro Tsubasha[/SIZE]

Akihiro looked at the golems, readying his weapons. He hadn't used them so far, and this was the perfect time to try something. Hearing Aokawa's suggestion, he nodded towards him, putting his scarf across his mouth. The first golem approached him, and slowly slammed his fist towards him. "Inner Decapitation Justsu." Aki says, diving into the earth, as the golem's fist slammed down with force where Aki was. Exiting behind it, he propelled himself forward, using one of The Crows to anchor himself in the golem's back. Then, he used the other to smash the head, it starting to fizzle.

Looking behind, he could see another golem charging. Aki smiled, doing a back flip, landing just as the golem passed him. Again, he used his weapon to gain a foothold, this time it sticking right into its head. The lumbering beast slammed into the other, seemingly destroying it, and now it approached the wall dangerously fast, showing no signs of stopping. Looks liek Aki broke the toy. He took the weapon out of the head, and jumped down, managing to roll as to not feel the pain. The golem slammed into the wall head first and it fell down, not moving.

Before Aki could say something, he spotted another golem coming straight for him, raising its foot. "Hidding like a Mole!" was what could be heard, after the foot came down. Dust rose as the golem stood in place. A few seconds later, it took its foot away, but nothing could be seen other than its foot print. It looked at the print, clearly analyzing to identify if the target died. Immediately he rose from the hole, Almost flying into its chest, weapons forward. Both ripped the metal, sticking themself inside the golemn, as it stumbled a little bit behind, before succumbing and falling on its back.

Akihiro took The Crows out of the defeated enemy, looking up at Ao, then back to look at his teacher. He was at least contempt about the scientists being alive, leaving The Crows to hand from his hands as he scanned the room, breathing heavily. He used a part of his chakra, and, seeing as his stamina was a little low, this battle had tired him a little. But, he was still proud of himself, grinning behind the scarf.

@Red @KageYuuki @Ganryu

Users who are viewing this thread