Arc 1 - Rescue

(This is not a dock stop the shipping. Thak you thank you that pun did take forever yes)

As Johnny opened the rather elegantly designed door, he nearly careened with the maid from early. "Woah," Johnny yells as he jumps back, not realising that Atena had also been knocked off balance by the surprise. Luckily, Izuru grabbed her. "Cheers mate I am pretty sure Gen would have killed me if I broke that stuff, I mean I'm pretty sure one cup is worth more than the place I live," he says with a fairly jovial tone. Sitting back on a chair by the table which the maid placed the tray, he listened to her explanation. As she talked, Johnny caught the way she looked at Izurur, a way that brought a small smile to his face. "Ah well you know I don't imagine you'd have PG tips, still you know us British always for the tea," he says as looks over the teapot. As Izuru spoke, Johnny went up to get his pipe, before sitting back down. "So will you be joining us, Athena?". @Nyctophiliac @FrostFire

Last edited by a moderator:
Athena quickly made Izuru's tea, and while it was brewing she spoke to Johnny, "Actually, yes, we do. I'll make you one now.", she brewed his too, and handed it to him once it was finished and she had taken the bag out. "Yes, for the moment. There isn't much reason for me to leave, as I'd only have to come back again once the gong went...", Izuru's tea was done, and she picked up the cup and saucer, and took it over to him. The china shook a little thanks to her hands shaking as she handed it to him. "Ah. I'm sorry... I-It's a reflex... I've had a bit of a bad experience with kitsune, it took me awhile to adjust to Hiro-san. Sorry...", she trailed off, and was suddenly very interested in making sure her uniform (the usual maid affair) was immaculate. "I can tell you both about it, if you'd like? I don't mind, and it's a rather good story.", she looked up at both of them, before going to sit on one of the 2 person sofas facing both of them.

@Nyctophiliac @SirGrey

(Bringing the story in~ Also lol... XD )

After being served his tea, Johnny stared at it for a while before saying "I'm in another dimension while a maid who happily works with a vampire and also in the same as a kitsune, serves me PG tips" he says trying to get the craziness out of his head, hoping for a beacon of order. All he gets is a burnt lip from drinking his tea too fast. Watching her interactions with the kitsune caused a shiver to go down the con man's back. She didn't need to say anything, seeing the shake told Johnny of the bad past she had with the kitsune. "If it's okay with you class, the past is difficult so you don't have to though say anything all that I am a bit curious". (Gtg) @FrostFire @Nyctophiliac

Athena's hands shook as she handed his tea to him. After apologizing with some explanation, she sat down on the sofa. "I'm sorry that my presence has affected you so, lady," said he. And he really was. The kitsune wasn't offended as he took very little personally these days. "I would greatly enjoy hearing your story, if you are so eager to share...?" Curiosity stirred in his chest. What could have happened that was so bad? And yet Athena wasn't adverse to sharing it...

FrostFire FrostFire SirGrey SirGrey

Jack still didn’t understand why she cared, but he supposed he’d entertain her notion. “I have...considered the idea.” However, so far, none had disproven Jack’s belief . Despite their outward appearances, every vampire he’d encountered had tried to dispose of him after they’d used him. He rubbed his neck remembering the times he suddenly found a set of fangs in them. In all honestly, he doubted Gen was much different. Gen lead him to his room, or rather THEIR room. Jack had hoped he would be roomed near Gen and Lilly for protection purposes, but he doubted he would be allowed to actually share rooms with them. It was a strange amount of trust they put in someone they’d only known for a couple of days. Particularly strange due to the fact he’d dedicated his life to hunting beings like her. Perhaps they thought he was rather harmless without weapons which wasn’t completely untrue. However, he wouldn’t question it. Being this close meant he could respond to threats faster.
To his surprise, Gen apologized for the mess. Did she just...blush? As a man, this confused Jack a bit. He would have found it cute had she not been a vampire. Due to her blood sucking tendencies, he wasn’t sure what to think. He shook his head. It was probably just my imagination. Jack wasn’t even sure if vampires could blush. As far as he knew, they were undead creatures. Do vampires even have flowing blood? He found himself wondering if anyone had ever studied monster biology. It was something he’d have to look into once he escaped this place. He paused. ...well IF I escape this place alive that is. He waived his hand dismissively at her apologies. “Don’t worry about it. I’m pleasantly surprised to find a bed rather than a coffin.” The last line was accompanied by a small smile. Jack knew from personal experience that some vampire liked to lie in bed, so it was merely meant as a jest. He walked over to Gen’s bed and picked up one of the books. He flipped it from front to back examining it. “...interesting. Do you mind if I read some of these?” Jack didn’t recognize some of these books, and he figured it could never hurt to learn more information.
FrostFire FrostFire (sorry, site came back up when I was asleep)

Athena cleared her throat, "Ms Genevieve has been a great help to me, so it is a story I can recite without much trouble. We are.. Uh, still working on my reactions to kitsune...", her cheeks coloured a bit, and she hastily moved on.
"You may have realised that I'm not completely human, my mother was human, but my father was a Nekomata. He was the last of his family, so now I and I alone am the sole survivor of his bloodline...", she sounded slightly sad, and a wistful expression crossed her face.
"My mother died having me, unable to survive giving birth to a supernatural creature, and my father raised me. Being part Nekomata, I matured quickly, and I have lived longer than any human would in this form. I reached adulthood at around 12, sadly, at that point I was no longer with my father. At the age of 10, Inari's kitsune attacked our home, my father was allied with Hiro-san, and posed a threat to her, so she killed him.", she cleared her throat, feeling slightly numb, but still composed.
"I saw everything, and then Inari's men kidnapped me, and I was forced into... Anyway, after everything that happened over the years, at the age of 16, Hiro-san and Ms Gen finally found me, after searching constantly, and brought me here. I have worked here ever since. I chose to work for my keep, Ms Gen was against it initially, but I wanted to.", she paused, "It has been 80 years now...", she smiled up at both men, wondering when the gong would sound for food.
@Nyctophiliac SirGrey SirGrey

Gen was glad that he had at least considered her not being a monster, and laughed at his mention to a coffin, "Those things are beyond uncomfortable, trust me. And of course you can, although I suggest you keep a distance from the Latin books... I have relatively few that are in English, luckily you picked up one that is. Might I suggest quantum mechanics,", she picked up a massive, and new looking book, "It is a very interesting read. However a good non-fiction fantasy, such as the one you have there, is always fascinating. If you really want to know the contents of some of the older books, or books of other languages, I can always translate for you.", she looked over at him inquisitively. They had spent quite a bit of time getting to her room, and she imagined the gong for food would be soon.
CactusJuice CactusJuice

Although his expression was hidden by the mask, the Black Fox spoke with evident emotion. Sincerity was clear in his voice. "I am sorry for your loss. Inari's men are heedlessly evil; I am sure many have suffered similarly. Many paths have been littered with violence and bitterness because of him. Please do not hesitate to ask me if there is any favor I can grant to help you." He made a small bowing gesture to her.

The aromatic steam from the tea was soothing to him, the warmth from the cup a comfort. Slowly he began to relax again.

Jack shook his head. He didn't like things being translated for him; it gave the translator a lot of power. "I appreciate the offer, but I prefer reading for myself. Perhaps you can teach me Latin sometime if you truly think it'll be useful." He looked around and vaguely wondered where he'd be sleeping. Probably on the floor. It didn't particularly matter Jack; he'd slept in worse conditions. "Unless I was mistaken, didn't you mention there is a gym?" The walk to Gen's room had done little to diminish the extra energy he had. FrostFire FrostFire

Smoking his pipe and drinking the tea at a slower regard, the con man thought about how much he must have looked like a blond and angry character eighteenth-century literature. Listening to the story from the humble maid, well Johnny had heard a lot worse, and if he was being truly honest, seen it as well. Maybe even caused it if he wanted to go truly into self-loathing. Still, it did touch his heart. Losing your family, for something you had nothing to do with, well it goes without saying really. Looking over to Izuru, even with his mask on, it was easy to see this had affected him. Taking a sip from his drink, Johnny spoke up himself saying "Sorry to hear about it lass, can't of been easy but well eighty years gives you time to think things over, by that time I'm pretty sure I'll down in the fire". FrostFire FrostFire Elowyn Elowyn

Athena turned bright red at Izuru-san's offer, "T-thank you. I-I shall keep it in mind.", she nodded in agreement to Johnny's remark, "Yes, however it is still not enough time to recover from... What... Happened...", she shivered, her now white face a stark contrast to the scarlet it had been seconds before. She shook her head, trying not to think about the abominable things that she had been subject to, the things she still couldn't mention. And she imagined the graphic and disgusting nature of it would sour their tea.
"I'm not quite sure how long I will live, the lifespan of a Nekomata is similar to that of a kitsune, but Ms Gen believes I shall live much longer yet, considering my physical body is still that of a young adult.", she smiled, glad that the time ahead of her would be full of happiness. "Luckily, my more noticeable supernatural features are hide-able...", she shook her head, and feline ears popped up from under her hair, where they had been carefully concealed. "Much like a kitsune, I can hide my ears and tail, although my eyes are what gives me away...", her ears twitched a little, before flattening back down, and she positioned her long hair over them again.
A semi-loud gong sounded then, "Ah, that will be the food ready. Would you like to follow me?", she got up, and went to the door.
Elowyn Elowyn SirGrey SirGrey

She raised an eyebrow, "Latin is a rather hard language to learn, but if you wish, I can try. And yes, there is a gym, however I suggest you wait until after dinner, the gong will sound at any moment for it. I hope you don't mind waiting?", she was a little worried that he did mind, and then caught herself.
"And you shall sleep on the bed, I have no use for it, after all. Ah, sorry... I suppose the connection I made will still be a little odd for you.", she caught herself worrying again. She didn't want to care what he thought, but she found herself doing it nonetheless.
Just as she was about to say something, she heard a faint gong, "That will be the gong for food. I suppose we shall have to walk all the way back now... Usually, I would go at speed, it's much quicker that way... Although I don't suppose you would like that again.", she smiled slyly to herself, and walked over to the door, waiting for him.
CactusJuice CactusJuice

"Think nothing of it," Izuru returned with a casual wave if the hand. It wasn't such a big deal that she would get flustered, surely? He wasn't looking for thanks our gratitude in the end. It was what any decent being with morals would do, or so he thought. "After all, it was one of my kind who was to blame, although I am loathe to admit any connection to them." Being a fox who felt strongly about doing one's duty, he felt this too was his calling. Undoing the harm of evil was something he had decided some time ago was of importance if there was to be peace or reconciliation. Simply put, Shuugo Izuru would help if and when he could. Besides, she seemed to be Lady Genevieve's favored maid.

After a short explanation of her physical traits the dinner gong sounded and Izuru followed behind the maid to the door.

Putting his pipe to one side, and grabbing his trench coat which he placed to one side John listened to Athena. "I can imagine lass, and to honest, I ain't really got much to say that will make it better, but at least your in a better place now than you were before" John say with a surprising amount of honest sorrow in his voice, with a weak small smile of comfort to accompany it. The maid seemed to perk up as she talked about her long life. This caused Johnny to remember something he had once talked about, maybe extending his life. A vampire was his thought at the time. Yet he couldn't do it, he wanted to keep his humanity as it was. Still, that was in past. As the gong sounded Johnny said "Not really I'm your too cute and adorable to be real which makes me think maybe your really evil, but since I'm hungry, yeah why not" Johnny says sarcastically and he follows the maid and the kitsune. Elowyn Elowyn FrostFire FrostFire

Athena was still a bit flustered at what Izuru-san had said, and it showed. She led them out, and couldn't help but giggle at Johnny. "Ms Gen says I am too gentle for my own good. I just cannot bring myself to fight.", she smiled wistfully, and continued to lead them back through the house, and before long they arrived at the dining hall, the massive room had a table big enough to seat at least 100 people comfortably. At one end, food had been laid down, a buffet of all one would expect to find at a Sunday roast.
"Ah, you'll have a plaque with your name on it where you sit... I sit here,", she stood behind her seat, and her mouth opened slightly in shock, as she realised Izuru-san had been seated next to her. Despite her best efforts, she was blushing again, which she wasn't happy about. She barely knew this kitsune, but still...
"I, ah, uh.. Um, I need to g-go and help..", she curtsied at them, and turned tail, walking quickly off to the kitchen.
A few seconds later, she was pushed back into the room by another maid, who was grinning and trying not to laugh, and after pushing her into the room, closed the door behind Athena.
She stood awkwardly for a second, cleared her throat, and brushed down her dress, her face was scarlet.
"They-uh, they d-didn't need my help.", she squeaked.
Trying to compose herself, she walked back over to the two men, "I-I guess we can stay and chat for a bit, I don't imagine Ms Gen will be here for awhile, her room is at the other end of the house.". She finally managed to get her face back to a normal colour, even if her cheeks were still a bit stained with red.
Without her realising, her ears had come up again, and were visible but turned down to the side, and a fluffy sandy-white tail was sticking out from her dress, swishing back and forth.
((All I can say is; Awww! :3 Cute little flustered kitty maid alert!))

(Dang, this is getting too kawaii... >w<)

Izuru secretly enjoyed the dining hall. It was nicely furnished, well lit, and spacious. Which was more than could be said about their journey to the dimension. Their host certainly didn't skimp on them with the array of buffet foods laid out. Athena indicated the name plates as their assigned seating, instantly displayed shock across her features, blushed vividly and grew flustered again.

Then he looked for his seating and understood the reason for her quick attempt to get away. This whole setup was clear in his mind: Lady Gen wanted her favored maid to get past her fear of kitsune by exposing her to the Black Fox, having her bring them tea and sit beside each other. It was a wise decision, he mused, to try and help the girl by showing her that many fox spirits weren't malicious. They were a diverse range of good and evil in kitsune just as the Lady proves there is in the vampyric sort. It also made sense because Genevieve was a humane and kind-hearted employer who obviously cared about the lives of her servants. He hoped that she was doing fine wherever she was in the mansion...

Blinking he shook himself from his thoughts. Perhaps he was getting more tired than he thought. "Pardon, I was a bit lost in thought. Let us take our seats and wait for our host then." he said to both of his current companions, ignoring how the maid's cat ears were showing--whether he truly didn't care or whether he did so out of politness, who could say?

Last edited:
As Johnny entered the room, hands in his trench coat pockets, he whistled as his eyes bear witnessed the exquisitely designed dining hall. The chairs looked like they could fit for a king or a queen, and the food looks like it would be waiting for those who a journeying to Valhalla. It reminded Johnny of the food his aunt would make on the rare times he saw her. As he looked around the room he noticed each seat had a nameplate. Finding the seat that had his name attached, Johnny sat in his rather fancy chair.

As he relaxed back into his chair, he saw the maids shock over her seating arrangement. On their walk over to this great hall, Johnny heard Athena talk about her friendly and if he was being cruelly meek and naive nature. Still, he couldn't denie how cute it was to see the maid squirm and blush. As she went over to the kitchen, Johnny prepared to raise his voice. Yet as he did, the maid was brought back in by giggling friends. Growing a sly smile for a split second Johnny says "So Athena has Gen told ya why were here". FrostFire FrostFire Elowyn Elowyn

Athena still didn't notice that her Nekomata features were on display, thanks to her being distracted. Her ears perked up as Izuru-san spoke, and she slowly went to her seat and sat down, her ears swivelling nervously, and then they went back down at the side of her head.
They perked up again at Johnny's question, "Y-yes, of course. I was here when Hiro-san was captured, after all...", she sniffed, visibly upset. Pulling herself together, she had become way too emotional recently, she cleared her throat, "I wish you the best of luck. I hope you all come back safely,", one of her ears twitched towards Izuru-san, "I would go too, if I weren't so hopeless...", she sighed. "I cannot go near Inari's men, lest they recognise me... Considering they all believe I was killed.", she rubbed her neck, and gulped, remembering back to her very close shave with death. "I wish I could do more... Ah well, c'est la vie.", her French accent was perfect, and even if her English was immaculate, her ending statement indicated to her true heritage.
(Welp. I made her French lol~)

(the spoiler isn't functioning)

Izuru took his seat next to Athena and marveled at the spread. It certainly was rare that he dine in a place fit for royalty as he usually avoided socializing with them if he could help it. This was an exception. Listening to Johnny and the maid talk, he replied afterwards "No need to agonize over it. If anyone can break into this prison it's a Lady vampire who has assembled the most apt party of creatures." His own small smile took him by surprise. He didn't feel particularly worried about what would happen there. The Fox tended not to fret over the future which only God and Fate could control. After all these centuries of living, he wouldn't exactly be devastated if he perished on such a venture. If only he could fulfill this one last obligation to Hirohashi he would be content.

Ah, he thought with a slight frown creasing his brow behind the ever present mask. the Sprites would be upset though...

As he sits back in his chair, Johnny's eyes dart from his companions to that of the food so tantalisingly laid out on the table. Compared to his normal diet of bad take away and fried eggs in the morning, this was practically Christmas. As his eyes returned back to Athena and Izuru he responds to the conversation going on about the rescue mission saying "I mean we've got me so there ain't no reason to go getting your ears in a twist lass" he says in a sarcastic tone. Johnny actually was worried about what could happen, they could get caught, or worse even. Despite his, attitude Johnny still would much rather remain alive, especially when the idea of where he might be heading in the afterlife. "Also if you don't mind me asking what is with the -san," he asks in confusion. "Also you're french?" FrostFire FrostFire Elowyn Elowyn

"A-ah, yes Izuru-sama. But it is in my nature to worry...", she looked down and fiddled with a hem, worrying that she had seemed disbelieving of their abilities. She definitely wasn't, but as she had said, she was a worrier.
"Ah, it's a Japanese honorific. I've become used to using it as Hiro-san is Japanese, as are many people who pass through here, it has become a second nature to me. Ah, oui, I am. Je ne le parle habituellement pas- er.. I mean, I do not usually speak my language, as I am the only French person here. I cannot really be called French anymore, I haven't seen my homeland since before I was taken...", she sighed wistfully, wishing she could see modern France.

A gracious smile touched his lips again. "Death is nothing to be feared. Merely a life unlived." His statement was unforced and natural, simply slipping out of him as an explanation of his mindset about death. "Do you perhaps wish to go back again, Athena?" he asked her. Up close, her eyes really were stunningly unusual.

Sitting back in his chair Johnny says "Yeah I was in Paris a few months ago, gotta say they ain't joking it really is a beautiful city," trying to share his experiences with the maid. He couldn't imagine being so far away from his home for so long. Then again his apartment was exactly something he could miss. "Wish I could be so relaxed about the thought of going to meet the horned red one mate," Johnny says to Izuru in an almost direction competition to the kitsune's clam views. His voice was harsher and almost spiteful in the words Trying to get off the topic he says "When are Gen and the hunter gonna get here looking at all this grub is just torture. Elowyn Elowyn CactusJuice CactusJuice FrostFire FrostFire

Athena nodded, "Yes, I believe the same, Izuru-sama. And there is no such thing as the devil!", she giggled, wondering how people still held such outdated views. "I have spoken with my father once since her was killed, and it doesn't seem so bad.", she smiled softly. Gen had brought a witch to the house, and she had been able to speak with her father, and it had really put her at ease.
"I'm not sure, I'd imagine they'll be a bit longer... I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you started without her, if you're that hungry...", she looked at him worried, hoping the torture he spoke of was merely an exaggeration.
She then got a distant look on her face, "I would very much like to go back...", she sighed, "I hear there was a 2nd world war since then... And I would very much like to see chef-d'oeuvre Monsieur Gustave Eiffel- the Eiffel tower. France was in a bad way, when I was growing up, with the Wall Street crash and everyone was poor... But I hear that it is much nicer now!", she smiled up at the ceiling, at least now things were better, in the grand scheme of things. "But, yes, I-I would very much like to go back. However, I cannot, especially with the current state of our society, I would never even get past the gates.", there was sadness in her voice, but not overwhelmingly so. She was more regretting that she didn't appreciate her time there before it was ripped away from her.
((I'm gonna wait a little bit longer for CactusJuice CactusJuice , but after that I'll just move the story along, and have them come in and sit down and stuff. Considering Jess still need to come in! X3 ))

Jack nodded. He was pretty sure he'd be capable of learning Latin if it was necessary. He spoke languages derived from Latin, so he didn't think it was too difficult. He paused when Gen answered the question he had though, and he sighed. I forgot about that. In truth, he doubted he'd ever get used to that. No wonder they seemed to trust him so much. If he even thought about betraying them, Gen would know. He sighed again once the dinner bell rung; he hadn't realized how much time had passed. "I know you seem to think I'd make for an...interesting pet, but yes I would rather not be carried around like one." He walked over to the door. "Which way?"
FrostFire FrostFire

Users who are viewing this thread