Arc 1 - Rescue

FrostFire

Flaming Ice Queen
This arc is for Genevieve & co. on their mission to save her husband! All events will take place in and around the City, and please read the information and introduction for the city.

It is how you would imagine any medieval city to be like, the poorer districts like slums, the wealthier vampire districts full of grand mansions, shops and such. The kitsune district is a darker image from old style Kyoto, with oriental architecture very different from the more European vampire areas.

The whole city is stained red, by the ever present sun, which never sets, and is dim enough to not effect vampires without amulets, as long as they're old enough. This sun also means that colours are distorted, so blue looks like a muddy purple, etcetc. Only inside, in the light of candles, do colours look as they truly are.

I smirked, satisfied with the performance. One of the guards sighed, exasperated. "Very well. But do not cause us trouble.", they bowed stiffly towards me, and I gestured for the others to stand, and waited for them to do so before setting off.

We walked outside to the packed streets, everything stained red by the glowing sun that never set. Homeless kitsune sold memories at the side of the road, slaved hurried about their business, some in rags, others in extravagant outfits to show their masters status, most were women. A small group of rather annoyed looking vampires walked close, giving me sidelong glances, and hurrying off when I met their gaze.

We waited for about 5 minutes, and I kept a sharp eye out for any trouble, but thankfully, none came our way. The palanquin finally arrived, big enough for all of us, and carried by 20 strong men and a lowly vampire or two. "This is how the elite travel here.", I explained as I jumped in, graceful as always, and waited for the others before we set off. "We should be at my home soon, it is on the border of the vampire and kitsune districts.", I left out the fact that it was perhaps the grandest mansion there, and in the wealthiest area of the city. After everyone was in, we set off towards the wealthy area, with each passing minute the slums turned into shacks, into larger and larger houses, becoming more wealthy as e went along, the shops also reflecting this, selling nicer and nicer things.

@CactusJuice @Nyctophiliac @SirGrey @Geozaki

big_1473914852_image.jpg

It looks sort of like this, but perhaps a bit smaller, more Japanese or oriental, and with curtains around all sides. (which Gen has pulled across)

Johnny felt a tidal wave of relief wash over him as the guards let them continue on. He was a fairly proud of his performance. Standing up as he his 'master' ordered, he followed Gen out into the red tinged streets. He had forgotten how warped the colours could be, how they seem to bleed into the wrong hue. The sky was filled with a blood-red colour thanks to the dark star of the same colour which hovered over this hollow world. Looking around he saw a few people double take. Seeing the infamous Johnny Caynes in chains for the third time must have been amusing to them.  As they waited Johnny's mind started to wander. A first about how friggin lucky they were to have a made it. Then on to Jessalyn D’Aubigne, after all, it had been a while since he had seen her again, and well she was something else. As Johnny is lost in thought there transportation arrive. "So this is how the 1% of the 1% travel" Johnny mutters as he climbs on board. Once on board, he goes back to his thoughts. As he thinks about Jessalyn he wonders how she might have changed. Then he thinks about something even more pressing. Like how the hell they were gonna pulls this scheme off. 

@CactusJuice @Nyctophiliac @Geozaki @FrostFire

[SIZE=11pt]Jack walked along with everyone else silently. He spent most his time examining his surroundings. The strange hues and beings filled this land. There were monsters of all shapes, sizes, and social classes. It was almost like he walking through a real city. However, he knew that without his status as a “slave” they wouldn’t hesitate to devour him. He was doing his best to keep his curious sidelong glances to a minimal. He felt like a mongoose that had been declawed and sent into a snake nest. Even with his weapons though, there were only so many monsters he could take down before he was overwhelmed by sheer number. He glanced at the red sky. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]In a way, it’s kind of beautiful. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Despite his current situation, Jack could still admire some of the little things. A palanquin arrived carried by slaves and the lower class, and Jack quickly hid the look of disgust that started to form on his face. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Of course the most wealthy monsters would use their subordinates in such a way.[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] Though he was rich, he ensured all of his subordinates were treated well. After all, monetary value doesn’t make anyone any more or less of a person. Jack didn’t particularly want to be apart of such barbaric practices not to mention he was still a bit embarrassed about being forced to kneel before his “master”. He eyed the men carrying it. They looked like they were quite fit, but he doubted they could outrun him. After of course offering to help Lilly up like the gentleman he was, Jack turned toward Gen. “Oh my beautiful mistress, I, your humble servant, would never DARE ride in the same vehicle as you.” He bowed deeply. “I will travel on foot as is fitting for a servant like me.”  He overdid the whole act just a little bit on purpose.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt](Sorry everybody. I literally have three papers due within a week of each other. DX )[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]@SirGrey @Geozaki @FrostFire @Nyctophiliac[/SIZE]

I sighed at his comment, he was obviously way out of his depth. Grabbing his shirt, I pulled him into the palanquin. Obviously he couldn't walk, he was still tethered to the other two.

"Don't make a scene, it isn't as bad as you think.", I hissed.

"It's rude to assume things before you actually know...", huffing, I sat back down and resumed the ride that had been paused for Jack. A few passers by were giving us sidelong glances, but quickly averted their gaze once they noticed I had noticed.

@CactusJuice

Ah yes... the City of Darkness. Izuru inhaled the familiar scent of the place characterized by the ever red sky. He gracefully boarded the palanquin and looked curiously at Jack the Monster Hunter as he refused once, almost comically, to get in. It was probably within the vampire's bounds to bodily lift him into the vehicle but it certainly aroused a few strange looks. He brooded on the difficulty of the task ahead of them. A niggling feeling in his chest alerted the kitsune that he missed the oriental sector of the kitsune with their curved roofs. Vampires weren't particularly friendly to his kind and it made him feel slightly uneasy to be around so many. And they were going deeper still...

[SIZE=11pt]@SirGrey @Geozaki @FrostFire @CactusJuice[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Honestly, Jack had been hoping she’d just loosen his restraints a bit. He didn’t particularly fancy being all roped up like this with monster’s around. He would loosen the restraints himself, but he feared a monster would see and thought he was trying to escape. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]I’m sure most of these beasts are just looking for a reason to kill me. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]And of course then he wouldn’t be forcing these servants to carry him. It was a win-win in his mind. However, instead he was yanked into the palanquin with a surprising amount of anger. He actually found it rather amusing. “I think you’re making more of a scene then I am at this point, my mistress.” He smirked slightly. Jack was a bit confused by her anger though. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Why does she give a damn what I think? [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]He’d already sworn to protect them to the best of his abilities, or at least protect them until he repaid his debt.[/SIZE] This puzzled him. She was already married. What more could she have to gain from him?
@FrostFire

Gen sighed, Jack had obviously forgotten that she had created a link with him, so she could hear what he was thinking. She was regretting it a bit, as a link was much, much harder to remove than it was to place.

Her and Lilly had a link too, and it helped Genevieve to know what she wanted, or in a pinch. She had created one with Jack to keep tabs on him, a bit like snooping, but she wasn't exactly enjoying it...

Looking out of a slit in the curtains, she noted that they had left the populated areas long behind them, and the palanquin stopped, lowering onto the ground. Gen jumped out quickly, as her and three maids, who had come out of the sprawling mansion in front of them, quickly unchained all the men who had been carrying the vehicle.

"Flawless, as always. Please, go and enjoy yourselves. I will call if I need any of your help again.", all the men nodded, all had smiles on their faces, all were happy. They broke off into groups, one vampire going with a human female maid, both in a playful conversation, the maid giggling at something he had said, and a group of a few males, a mixture of humans and vampires, were talking about a game of sorts.

Genevieve turned back to everyone, the ghost of a smile still lingering on her face.

"This is our home. Please, make yourselves at home. Athena here will sort out anything you need.", she gestured to the only maid left, who waved, and grinned, obviously exited to meet new people.

"Please rest, we have much to do...".

@CactusJuice @Nyctophiliac @SirGrey @Geozaki

((No, I didn't just flip to third person... You must be crazy... :P ))

Johnny had been fairly quiet. This experience kept reminding him of what a small fish he was, and how big a pond he had gotten himself in. He was pleased to see the gothic architecture of the city fall between the blood red sky and the well-worn ground. Saying that the buildings that were closer still carried similar designs.  Once they arrived Johhny saw which house Gen called home. Complex or labyrinthine, either word would for the house seemed to be constructed in a style so that getting lost would be the norm rather the exception. As Gen's servants ran off he caught a few whispers of his name. It had been a while since he was last here, but escaping twice does give you a certain infamousness. Thinking back to his escape Caynes remembered something or rather someone. Giving the maid a brief wave, he goes over to Genevieve saying "So did you make the house yourself or were the endless rooms a selling feature from the estate agent. Anyway I wanted to ask about Jessalyn and I don't wanna nag ya but well you know". @FrostFire @Nyctophiliac @CactusJuice @Geozaki

Analyzing the facade of the house... which was more comparable to a castle, Izuru concluded that Genevieve must be very rich to maintain such an estate. The size and amount of servants corresponded to her mode of travel. It wasn't very surprising nor did it impress the Black Fox. Throughout his centuries he had seen this much, and more. Fantastic houses suspended in mid air by a series of chain and magic, ethereal abodes of the Spirits, the earthy dens of dwarves and sand gnomes... He did have some small pride for being well traveled. 

He also saw that the workers were happy and mingled together, both vampire and human. This pleased him and he couldn't stop the small smile coming to his lips, although it wasn't seen. What may have been more likely noticed was the slight relaxation of his shoulders. He noticed that although most of the servants didn't react to him, there were a few curious stares. Nodding respectfully to the maid Athena, he angled his upper body to a slight bow at the Lady. "Thank you for your hospitality, Lady Genevieve. If you don't mind, we should meet post supper to discuss the details of our endeavor." The last part was addressed to the rest of his travel companions.

@FrostFire @Nyctophiliac @CactusJuice @Geozaki  *Also, I am assuming they arrived in mid-afternoon. That ok?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack spent most of his ride examining their surroundings. He didn't particularly like being carried by others, so he did this to keep his mind off it. He memorized the way back to the gate. Hopefully, he himself would never have to use that knowledge, but it couldn't hurt to have it. Jack briefly wondered if there was a way to channel actual sunlight into this realm. The thought of all the vampires here being vaporized was satisfying to him. Well, it was until he pictured Gen fading away into the sunlight. This thought When they arrived, to his surprise, Jack found everyone seemed relatively happy. Humans and vampires casually spoke to each other like equals rather then predator and prey. It all seemed so unnatural to Jack, and it made him uneasy. However, he decided he tried to be friendly to everyone. There was no reason to be pointlessly rude, but he would keep his guard up. Their Kitsune companion piped up and Jack nodded in agreement. "Sounds like a plan." He stopped to think for a moment. What should I due in the mean time? He thought as he stretched a bit. Jack had quite a bit of extra energy. It was likely due to the lack of much action for past several days. A work out would be nice. He nearly asked if there was a gym, but then he stopped and let out a small sigh. Of course there's not a gym, vampires don't need gyms. They only need blood to become stronger. He turned towards Athena. "Is there specific rooms we're supposed to stay in? If so, I would like to see mine." He figured he could just work out there. Maybe I can take a shower while I'm at it.
@FrostFire @Nyctophiliac @SirGrey

Gen turned to Johnny, "I made it a very long time ago...", he got a raised eyebrow at this, "Yes, she knows your here, and she may be round tonight if she can...", Gen smiled softly, elated that Jess finally found someone she really liked, and their pairing was refreshing.

"She's been very much looking forward to this, Johnny. You know what she's like...", Gen chuckled a little. Anyone who didn't know her (which was just Jakc by this point) was going to get a shock.

Facing Izuru, she nodded, "Of course, my husband would do the same, Izuru-san. Yes, we should. I'd imagine you are all getting hungry. Everyone is already preparing food, so we can go in and eat it soon.", she gestured for everyone to go in, and went first, going through the large doors as she addressed Jack.

"Actually, there is a gym. I will show it to you in due course, and yes, I shall show you all to your rooms.", she smiled at Jack, before turning away to introduce the house. The colouring was a light blue, tactfully painted so that in the natural red light, it was a beautiful purple, and white, so the rooms were light and airy, which Gen thought the humans may find surprising.

Athena bowed again, and gestured for Johnny and Izuru to follow her. Gen waved for Jack to follow her.

Athena led them through the massive house, round twists and turns, until she reached a large room, with 2 king sized beds in it on either side, and lots of space in between with furniture and various things.

"This is where you will be staying. The dining hall is down the corridor we came, to the left. It's the large door, and I'm sure you won't miss it. The gong will sound when food is ready, please make yourselves comfortable until then!", she smiled, and backed out, closing the door and leaving the kitsune and human alone together.

Genevieve walked down the hall with Jack alone, having sent Lilly off to enjoy her free time.

"It seems you have the wrong impression of me, Jack.", she sighed sadly as she lead him through the corridors, in the opposite direction that Athena and the others had gone, and they had already been walking for longer.

"Did you ever stop and think that perhaps you had us a little wrong? I mean, some humans are awful, and one does generally hear about the negative things more than the positive, so did you not think that perhaps vampires were like that?", her eyebrows furrowed, and a confused expression passed over her face. Why did she care so much about what he thought? He hated her, and it hurt, which never really happened with her before. Hmmm... Hirohashi did talk to her about a feeling such as this that he had felt towards a female who had rejected his advances. But she couldn't be...

Shaking her head, she dispelled the thought from her head as she opened the door to their destination.

It was the biggest bedroom in the house, and the massive bed was covered in books and artefacts, more of which were also around the room on the various tables and around the many chairs.

"This is my room, and the room you will be staying in. Please excuse the mess, I have not had a chance to clean up.", to her disbelief, her cheeks flushed ever so slightly, and she quickly turned away from Jack, composing herself and moving to the bed, moving everything off it. The books were from every genre, covering almost every topic you could think of, and the artefacts looked intriguing to say the least.

"As you have probably guessed, I do not sleep, therefore this is more of a relaxing area for me.", she enjoyed having a bed, and even though she didn't sleep, she did like to lie in it, close her eyes, and daydream.

@SirGrey @CactusJuice @Nyctophiliac @Geozaki

(Gen and Hiro are in an open/ polyamorous relationship, so they have relationships with others. Considering how long they've lived, it seemed normal lol. So Jack better be prepared lol. Also, yay! Big post~ )

"Well, I imagine you didn't go to the rooms for hire page for it" Johnny say as he looks around the craftsmanship of place. The light blue which caused the light to take on a purple hue was a refreshing change from the harsh ever present red that shined down outside. He raised a small smirk when he heard of Jess's potential visit. Saying "Well that's good to hear, though I do hope you haven't gone ahead an told the lass everything I've been up to, so stuff I'm sure wouldn't be too pleased to hear about," Johnny thinks about the trip he had to get to this point, the 'interacting' with the vampire at the diner, plus his continued smoking. "I, you mean how she gets like I do when the betting scores come in right, only turned up even more,"  he says jokingly, before following the maid to his room. Once there, he sat on the bed saying "We got a bathroom in here, cause walking around this house to find the pisser sounds like a nightmare," in a jokey tone. Sitting back, he asks Izuru "So how are you finding it in this place pal?". @Nyctophiliac @FrostFire @CactusJuice

He thought for a moment before replying to his new roommate. "It's suitably grand, fitting I think for a Lady such as herself. But it is not even close to the strangest." As it seemed that they were going to share conversation he then proceeded to ask: "So what is your relationship to the vampire Jessalyn?" @SirGrey

(sorry for short post. going to bed soon)

"Ah, she is a fancy lass ain't she, though I guess your right there is stranger stuff in this place," Johnny says as he looks around the room. The place looked like a grand palace from so old fairy tale. Smiling a little at Izuru question Johnny sits back down on the bed and says "Strange but I guess if you wanted a legitimate answer... romantic if I wanted to be soppy or intimate if I wanted to be formal, we meet on my other visits to this place which were under... less than comfortable circumstances" with a bit melancholic reminiscence in his voice. "She helped me out and well you know things progress from there". @Nyctophiliac

"I see," responded the kitsune, quite neutrally so it was rather impossible for Johnny to decipher his reaction. "It is unusual for a human and a vampire to be at peace and enjoy each others' company so." Here he was not only referring to Johnny and Jessalyn, but to Genevieve's laborers as well. "The ones under Lady Genevieve's employ are an exception." With that he gave a short chuckle. "Although this seems to be no ordinary group after all..." It was interesting to see so many diverse species working together, not to mention the Monster Hunter collaborating with a monster. Times must be changing faster than he had thought or imagined. There had been some occasions when he was a young kit when he dreamed that species would be friends and *gasp* even equals. But that had been a long time ago, and he had accepted that the world was not so pure or gay that one species could keep up relations with another enemy species without consequence. 

Now a faint spark of hope jumped in his chest, a mere ember. But it was something. After observing things for so long, wandering through the dreams of moral and immortal, finally perhaps some change could be made of the strict divide between man and "monster." It certainly would capture Shuugo Izuru's attention and interest. Eager anticipation threatened to be manifested within his being. The Black Fox tamped it down so it was only a dull emotion. Too many of his whims had led to no good. This too was another thing of his past. 

@SirGrey

"Huh Guess your right, suppose I've never really thought of it like that, I just normal take whatever life can give me and don't think about it, after all, life rarely gives you handouts," he says in a sardonic manner. Reaching into his pocket, Johnny instinctively goes for a cig. Remembering the condition of entry to this place, he lets out a sigh. "Fancy place like this must have some tobacco around here some place," he says as he gets up from the bed to look for some. "Got that right mate, Monster hunter, Kitsune, Vampire and of course the most important being the handsome British witch," he says sarcastically.  Finding a container of tobacco, and a pipe, John goes back to sitting on the bed. "Though you are right about the people who work for Gen they seem rather... happy at working for here, guess you don't judge someone by the race, can't imagine what that knowledge is doing to the old hunter," he says with a smile. "So what about you then, we've been talking enough about who I have butterflies over, you got anyone special," he asks Izuru with a sly grin. Johnny didn't mind having the downtime, after all, it seemed it had been not stop running from here to there. The people he was with didn't hurt either they were pretty cool, even if deep down Johnny was in this for some more personal gain. "Oh, by the way, do you mind," he asks holding the pipe. @Nyctophiliac @CactusJuice @FrostFire

The witch's sarcasm was rather unpleasant to the Fox's ears. It belied a flippant attitude in the face of a serious situation. He angled himself so that he was reclining on the bed, evidently at ease.

"Me?" he asked, buying time. "I suppose there was someone once upon a time... But that was a long time ago in my years of naivete." With his mask, it was impossible to discern his expression and that was how he liked it. Talking about the past wasn't something he particularly liked to do.

@SirGrey

Taking the lack of an answer for a yes, the witch smokes on the pipe.As he exhales the smoke he says "Why, love not agree with you or something, or are you just a cold hearted kitsune?" joking before taking another smoke.  As he sits back on the bed he wonders about why the kitsune wears the mask. He doubted it was vanity problems, maybe something personal? Johnny had very few interactions with kitsune in the past. Then again past seemed like a subject that was off the cards. Deciding on another topic Johnny asks "So do you think we can do it? Break Gen's other half out of that prison, I mean were all skilled but that place isn't something you every get out of". @Nyctophiliac

"Love is a fickle thing," was all the fox said. Then he welcomed the change of subject. "No one has broken into or out of that prison before, but no one has tried with so many skilled beings of different species either. We shall see."

"Shall we while away our time doing nothing but talk? Or might you want to explore the grounds?" he asked in turn. He himself had a leaning towards exploring the place. It could be useful to know Lady Genevieve's home better. 

@SirGrey

Deciding not to press the relationships issue any further, Johnny continues to smoke his pipe. "True but then again this prison is built to house all of our collective races, surely they must have defences built for all of us but like ya said well shall see". After taking exhaling another puff of smoke he says "Sure I could do with a stretch of me legs, plus you never know what might find in this bloody place" before getting up of the bed and heading towards the door. @Nyctophiliac

Just as Johnny reached the door, Athena walked in with a tray, piled with delicate china and all things needed for tea, and almost walked smack into him.

"Ah!", she spun off to the side, stumbling back towards where Izuru was, obviously about to fall and possibly seriously hurt herself.

@Nyctophiliac @SirGrey

(Sorry not sorryy~ I'm shipping everyone rn loool.)

Athena looks like this;

6a16b957a62c130738e543781bb1e5fc.jpg

Someone pls ask her about her heritage! :3

(Okay, okay *fake dramatic sigh* What's Athena's heritage? She's really pretty btw! :3 

Ormgh, stop shipping everyone XDDD)

Izuru drew himself up off the soft and comfortable bed but before Johnny could pass the threshold of the door, it opened to reveal the maid Genevieve had introduced earlier. The girl was caught unaware. She stumbled and nearly fell, her hands full with a tray of tea things which didn't help her balance. 

"Careful," Shuugo Izuru murmured, moving swiftly to catch her around the small of her back with his other hand on her shoulder to steady her. "Wouldn't want the Lady's fine china to break."

@FrostFire @SirGrey

Last edited by a moderator:
Athena gasped a bit, before quickly righting herself and checking the tray. Everything was still perfect, and she sighed in relief. 

"I-I'm sorry! Umm... Dinner is taking a bit longer, so I was told to bring you some tea...", she blushed, her unusual eyes scanning the floor with interest. She put the tray down, and turned to the 2 men. "So! Tea? I brought along Hiro-san's favourite if you'd like to try it... Kitsune-sama.", she peered at him a little meekly, her face showing she was a little afraid. "But, Johnny there is plenty of choice if you would like some, and I brought some biscuits if either of you would like some.", she seemed to have composed herself, and the red was gone from her cheeks.

@Nyctophiliac @SirGrey

(I will never stop... XD

Her father was a Nekomata, her mother a human, hence her appearance... And if he didn't catch her, she would've done a perfect flip and keep the tray perfect... X3 But if you get talking to her, you'll hear her story lol. My way of keeping you two entertained until @CactusJuice replies, and dinner is served...)

(LOL *quickly reads up on nekomata* Cool! I didn't know what that was, hehe!)

One might be able to discern a vague air of amusement about Izuru--despite a lack of physical signs-- which was in response to the maid's flustered state. Through the thin slits of his mask he caught her reddened cheeks and her glance that appeared to be absorbed with the plush carpeting. "That's quite all right about dinner," said he as tranquil as ever. "I would love a taste of the tea. Hiro-san has excellent taste."  

@FrostFire @SirGrey

Users who are viewing this thread